seven

The Little Bumblebee

*Please read A/N!!! It's important

Finally


I swallowed hard, staring at you. You were giving me a look that said you knew I was being weird but I just hoped you wouldn't call me out on it. I gave you a shaky smile when you nodded to having a movie marathon. With your wrist still in my hand, I dragged you to the refrigerator and got the ice cream. Without breaking away from me, you stretched to the drawers to get spoons for the ice cream. I guided you into my room once I had turned off the lights of the kitchen. I let you go and I heard you nestling and getting comfortable in my bed. I was nervous even as I fumbled to turn on the TV. I took the remote and sat next to you on the bed. 

I was scrolling through the movie options but I wasn't really looking at it. I was too busy fretting and thinking of what to say to you. I randomly chose a movie, not caring whether I liked it or not. I just wanted to pretend to be engrossed so I didn't have to appear nervous and anxious for no reason. The preview to Interstellar was shown on the screen. I knew you didn't like this kind of show, but I couldn't really think at the moment. (Sorry, baby...)

"Is this movie okay?" I asked you. And knowing your character, you'd be totally alright with it. I was right when you shrugged. 

I started playing it and leant back against the head board of the bed. Our arms were touching and I felt like vomiting at the interaction. It was safe to say that I was too nervous. You started opening the tub of ice cream and passed me the spoon. It was slightly too dark for me to see and our fingers ended up brushing against each other. My heart started thumping faster. I took the tub and held it up for us. I stiffened when you scooted closer to me to reach the ice cream better. I could see you turning to me from the side of my eye. I tried to focus on the movie but I couldn't when you were staring at me like this. 

However, about a quarter of an hour into the movie, the tension and awkwardness had vanished. Your head was on my shoulder, too tired to lift your head. You were still scooping ice cream into your mouth even though you were so sleepy. It was such an adorable scene that I wanted to laugh and yet kiss you all at the same time. I chuckled, turning my head. You were so close that when I spoke, my lips were touching your earlobe.

"Stop forcing yourself, sweetheart."

You looked up at me with droopy eyes and nodded, "I'll go keep the ice cream then, okay?"

I nodded and I watched you slug your way to the kitchen. I sighed in content. I realised how much I loved being in your company. It made me feel soothed and yet excited. You were like a drug. You sedate me and yet I wanted more because you were so addictive. I thought about my promise to myself and I knew that I couldn't postpone it any longer. As I turned off the TV and laid down, I decided to let my mouth run on its own. I wouldn't make a speech beforehand. I was just going do and say whatever I thought. There wasn't time to waste. 

I heard your soft footsteps before you called out softly into the dark, "Kai?"

"Come here, sweetheart," I murmured, hoping I could guide you with my voice. And it helped because you ended up falling on top of my. I chuckled. You were so cute. I wrapped my arms around you, "Gotcha, little chick." 

You sighed as I flipped us to the side. Your face was so close to mine and even though I knew that you were probably already sleeping, I wanted to wake you up. I leant in and kissed you on the forehead. Your eyes flew open, alert and wide awake.

"Sweetheart," I started off. You made a noise at the back of your throat. "I just wanna clarify something." You hummed again, wordlessly asking me to go on. I cleared my throat. "You still like me, right...? And you don't have any feelings for Sehun?" You stilled at that question and I felt dread washing over me. I pleaded, "I... Just... Please answer me."

It was quiet for a moment before you spoke up, "Y-yeah."

The silence was back and all I could hear was the rushing of my blood in my ears. And the thumping of my heart against my ribcage. This was a crucial moment. You just made your feelings clear for me. And it was now up to me. I ducked my head and caught your lips in a chaste kiss. You held your breath even as I rubbed your skin where your shirt had been lifted.

"Then..." I felt like I was rapping when I breathed out, "Would you consider it crazy if I asked you to be my girlfriend?"

My heart beat was increasing with every beat of silence. You weren't saying anything and I didn't even think you were breathing. I was nervous. I wanted to hear what your answer was. When you were taking too long, I realised what you were probably thinking about. Having two sisters and many girls pining over me had give me many experiences as when a girl was insecure. And times when they were quiet and seemingly deep in thought were the times they were overthinking.

I chuckled and teased, "I can hear your self-loathing thoughts." I was starting to feel confident, knowing that your silence wasn't one of contemplation but of insecurity. I assured, "You're amazing, you know. I don't get how you see past that point since you're pretty much perfect." You gasped at my confession and I continued smoothing my thumb on your back. "I feel like I'm not fit to―"

"You're not f―" You repeated like I just said something terribly outrageous. "What― Kai!" You punched me in the chest as you told me, "I am supposed to feel like I'm not fit to like you―" 

I wanted to shut you up and I didn't even think before I covered your lips with mine. You were now docile as I tried plan B. "As I was saying, I feel like I'm not fit to like you because of your perfection. I feel like I'm going to taint you with my―"

You interrupted hurriedly as though one more word from me and I was going to land you in jail. "If this is a method to get me to say 'Yes, I will be your girlfriends,' I definitely will because you're not degrading yourself because of me."

I let out a shaky breath, my arm unconsciously tightening around your waist. "So... Is that a yes?"

"Yes," you confirmed. 

My heart ballooned in my chest, just like the emotions of happiness and love. I wrapped your legs with mine and tulted your head up slightly. I latched my lips onto yours, this time an official one that kicked off the start of our relationship together. I glided my tongue across your bottom lip and I felt your my shirt. You tasted a thousand times sweeter than you normally did when I gave you pecks on the lips. Was this how you tasted like? If so, I think dessert would be the most useless invention on earth. You parted your lips slightly, inviting me to penetrate your wet cavern. I grinned, overjoyed with the authority and access to you when no one else was granted this privilege. 

But I didn't want to go all out now. I wanted to savour our time together. So I pulled away from the kiss, leaving your lips parted. They were glistening with moisture in the dark and I couldn't resist nibbling and on your upper lip. You tasted so addicting and so sweet. Tentatively, you my bottom lip, kissing me back. I couldn't even describe how I was feeling right now. If you asked me again how I felt then, I would never be able to use words. Not even with colours or with pictures. I would tell you to cut my head open just to view my thoughts.

That night, you fell asleep in my arms like a baby. And I was honoured to be the one holding you.

 

 

You were scrambling off the bed, your hands tearing at my arm around you. I frowned at the emptiness next to be and even in my half-conscious state, I wished for you to come back soon. Just before I dozed off again, you snuggled back against my body and I immediately wrapped my legs around yours. Your hand overlapped mine that was around your waist. We slept until the alarm went off. Sometime between, you had turned and hid your face in my chest. You buried your face deeper into me, covering your head with the blanket. I pulled you closer to me protectively and tried to go back to sleep. It didn't help. Even though I was hugging you, the irritating alarm was going to spoil my good mood eventually. 

I stretched and slid my phone unlock to stop the ringing. I sighed, relishing the sensation of hugging you for a little longer. Then, I ruffled your hair to wake you up. But you started whining and shaking your head like a kid. I laughed at your childishness and reminded you, "Wake up, sweetheart." I hoped you were too sleepy to realise how gross my morning voice sounded. "We have a lecture together, remember?" 

"We can skip it," you half-heartedly suggested. 

I laughed, knowing you well enough that you'd never skip this lecture. I untangled my legs from yours and slowly extracted myself out off the embrace. I told you to sleep longer while I showered. You hummed in content. I watched you roll to my side of the bed when I got up. You shoved your face into my pillow, taking a deep breath. I grinned unknowingly, walking off as I shook my head affectionately. 

"Come on, sweetheart," I sat at the edge of the bed, shaking you awake gently. You moaned and I told you, "I don't wanna be late."

You were about to rebuke when I leant in so close that the water droplets from my hair fell on your face. I was held up by my arms next to your head. You opened your eyes in irritation, but your gaze softened when we locked eyes. Your mouth of parted, your complaint left unsaid because you were as lost in my eyes as I was in yours. I chuckled, leaning down to peck you on the lips to greet you good morning. I took my hands off the bed and sat upright. I looked down at you while ruffling my hair with my towel. 

"Come on," I urged. "I wanna show off my girlfriend to the world." You blushed at that. In an attempt of hiding it, you jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. I shouted behind you, "We'll be wearing couple tees!"

Just before we left the house, you stopped me from moving. I stared at you as your hand started to caress my face, evening out my sunblock. You had an intent look on your face, but the expression on mine was affection. When we were in the car, we would always glance at each other and end up getting caught in an awkward eye contact. We laughed it off and it was always after these moments when I stole kisses on your face. 

The moment we were out of the car, I held your hand and walked quickly to the lecture theatre. We got there in a few minutes. The lecturer was already talking and we were at the back of the room, searching for Chanyeol. Your eyes were sharper as you nudged me. I hadn't even found him when you started dragging me away. I finally caught sight of the giant and you were quick to let go of my hand. You sat on the empty spot next to him while I settled into the seat at the end of the row, next to you. Chanyeol was staring at us suspiciously.

We froze when he asked, "Why did the both of you come in at the exact same time?" 

You recovered quickly and shrugged. "What page is she at now?" You were so bad at drifting topics. So bad that I wanted to laugh and kiss you at the same time. 

Chanyeol told you and just when you thought you had Chanyeol doped into dropping the subject, he glanced at me from behind your head. I grinned back at him and he immediately knew what that meant. We weren't best friends for nothing. He turned to the face the front with a stupid smile on his face which told me he was happy for the both of us. And so was I.


Author's note:

Many of you told me you want new fluff scenes but a handful of you told me you want to know what Kai was thinking too... So I thought maybe I could make my last to chapters longer... I'll write the scenes of chapter 09 & 10 in Kai's POV too, but I'll add new scenes too. I'll still be ending with a total of 20 chapters though. The contents for the last two chapters will be like this: 

  • Chapter nine: chapter 09 + new scene that happened after 09 and before 10
  • Chapter ten: new scene that happened after the new scene in nine and before 10 + chapter 10

(I hope this wasn't too complicating to understand >_<) 

Also, I was wondering if you guys want a PDF for this? I was rereading this fic while I was on holiday and I was so annoyed when I didn't have wifi to continue reading... So I thought it might come in handy? But idk if it's even worth making it into a downloaded file >_< I feel like I'm glorifying myself zzz But yea, please tell me what you think so I can go search on how to make PDFs or not so I don't waste my time haha

Thank you guys for reading and supporting, I'm always excited and happy to read your comments even if I don't reply sometimes!!! I was so excited to give you guys a new update that I made this a double update! Yay! And I'm sorry you have to read another long A/N.. OTL 

P.S. I'll be deleteing these A/N's when I'm done with the story

Till next time
xoxo