Sick

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9btm41jN-s

Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy OST: Only you

------------------------------------------------

“Poor Yoonjung. She looks really sick.”

“Are you implying my Candy is ugly?! Get the hell out of here, man!”

“Why is she sick? Yesterday she was prancing around like a happy unicorn.”

“We did it. We made her sick. We’re so going to hell for this.”

“It’s Youngjae’s fault. He made her sing too much.”

“Last I heard, you caught the flu from an actual virus and not singing songs.”

“What did you feed her yesterday, Bambam?”

“Don’t blame me! Yugyeom took her to the movies! There are germs everywhere in that places!”

“She could have caught the flu from the bookstore. There are kids running everywhere there. Ouch! What the hell, Mark?!”

“Whose genius idea was it to take her bungee jumping in March?”

“Hey, I didn’t know she was going to catch a cold.”

“Dude, I think she’s coming around! Smile!”

“What the hell is she? A freaking camera?”

“Act normal! Quick!”

“Somebody say something to her!”

Groaning, Yoonjung peeled her eyes open.

Seven heads circled around her, and each pair of eyes reflected genuine concern for her. She really felt like Snow White waking up and meeting her seven hot “dwarves.”

“Hey, Yoonjung. How are you feeling?” Jr. asked softly.

Jackson looked at her worriedly. “You okay, Candy? You look awful.”

“Your words, not mine.” Bambam shrugged with his hands up in the air.

“W-What are you guys doing here?” Yoonjung croaked. Not only did she look awful, but she felt awful as well. felt scratchy, and her body burned like she was in a sauna. Yet, she felt cold as if she was sleeping on snow, and every part of her body ached badly.

“We came to check up on you. JB saw your father taking you to the hospital in the middle of the night,” Youngjae answered.

“Hospital?” Now Yoonjung remembered. She had been sleeping fine until she had suddenly become really cold. Feeling nauseous, she had headed over to the toilet but couldn’t bring herself to throw up. Her father had found her in the bathroom unconscious and had taken her to the hospital. She didn’t remember anything else after that, but she was sure she had gotten an IV shot.

Yoonjung tried to sit up, but her body felt heavy.

Jackson and Mark quickly helped her up.

Yoonjung looked around. “Where’s my dad?”

“He had to go to work,” Jr. answered.

“He wanted to stay, but he had an important court appointment. We offered to look out for you instead,” JB explained.

“Oh. You don’t have to stay. I can just stay and watch myself. I’ll just be sleeping anyways,” Yoonjung grumbled.

“Nonsense. We’ll take care of you.” Jr. smiled and lightly squeezed her knee.

“Your dad made porridge before we left. Do you want some now?” Youngjae asked.

“Maybe later,” Yoonjung mumbled.

“No, you have to eat now. You can’t take your medicine unless you eat. Youngjae, go heat up the porridge,” JB ordered.

Youngjae went downstairs with Bambam trailing after him.

“Come on. Get up.” JB held out his hand.

“We should just let her rest here. I don’t think she should get out of bed. It’s cold downstairs.” Mark bundled her up with the blanket and zipped up her jacket.

“Yeah, that’s a better idea. I’ll go bring the food.” Jr. kissed her forehead and went to get the food

“Poor Candy.” Jackson frowned. “If I could, I would get sick for you instead.”

Yoonjung chuckled and then went into a coughing fit.

“Look what you did!” Yugyeom blamed. “I didn’t do anything!” Jackson panicked.

“The food is here.” Youngjae, Bambam, and Jr. came back up. Jr. set the tray on her lap and placed the spoon in her hand. “Eat everything, okay?”

Yoonjung grimaced. She didn’t feel like eating anything. She glanced at the boys and looked for a way out of this predicament.

“Don’t even try, Seo Yoonjung. You can’t escape. You need to eat everything.” Yugyeom sent her a firm glower.

“Yeah, Yoonjung! Don’t you want to get better?” Bambam demanded.

Yoonjung sighed and slumped against the headboard. She pouted like a little girl. “I don’t feel like eating.”

“Don’t be like that. Just try it,” Jr. encouraged. “I’ll give you a big kiss when you finish everything!” Jackson declared.

“Great. Now she’ll never eat it,” Yugyeom muttered. Jackson pretended to choke him. “What did you say?!”

Yoonjung dipped the spoon into the bowl and brought the spoon to her lips. She froze when she realized seven pairs of eyes were intensely drilling into her. “Um…can you stop looking at me like that? I feel like an experiment.” At once, the guys coughed and looked away.

Yoonjung took a bite, and they secretly glanced at her. When they saw her eat the porridge again, they smiled in satisfaction. After three more bites, Yoonjung put the spoon down. “Okay, I’m done.”

“You didn’t even eat half of it,” JB pointed out. “I can’t eat anymore,” Yoonjung answered.

“No! That’s not good!” Bambam scolded.

Jackson shoved JB and Jr. out of the way. He picked up the bowl and spoon. “Ah, honey! Eat it, and I will give you a kissy,” Jackson crooned and pushed the spoon her way.

Yoonjung cringed and leaned back. JB whacked the back of his head, and he complained of the abuse.

“Give me that.” Mark snatched the bowl and spoon from him. He shot Jackson a glower before gently scooping the porridge and holding it out for Yoonjung to eat. After a brief pause, she took a reluctant bite.

“Oh my stress! That’s not fair! Why are you eating when Mark feeds you?! What about me?! Why are you so discriminating?!” Jackson whined. JB lightly slapped his mouth. “Just shut your trap and go sit in the corner. You’re causing a ruckus.” Jackson pouted and stalked away to literally sit in the corner.

Bambam and Youngjae chuckled and shook their heads.

Yoonjung turned her head away after two more bites. “I really can’t eat anymore. I’m going to barf.”

“Ugh.” Youngjae winced. Bambam slapped his arm with a look.

“Take your medicine then.” JB took the bottle of pills on her nightstand and gave it to her with water. Yoonjung downed a couple pills and then sighed and leaned her hot forehead against the cold wall. Mark touched her forehead and frowned with worry. “She’s really hot.”

“I bet she is.” Jackson grinned from his corner and waggled his eyebrows.

“This isn’t the time for joking!” Bambam chided. “Stay quiet in your corner,” Yugyeom snapped.

Jackson frowned and curled himself up into a ball.

“I’ll go get a wet towel.” Mark left.

“How are you feeling, Princess?” Jr. asked as he soothingly rubbed her shoulder.

“Terrible,” Yoonjung truthfully answered.

“Dawww…” Bambam sat behind her, rested his head on the back of her neck, and rubbed her arm. “You’ll get better soon. We’ll be here for you."

Mark brought a basin of cold water and some clean towels.

“Lay down, Yoonjung. Mark is going to cool your forehead,” Jr. said.

Yoonjung lay down and closed her eyes. Mark dipped the towel into the water, wrung it so that water wouldn’t drip, and placed it gently over her forehead. Yoonjung shuddered and released a soft sigh as her brows crinkled in the center.

“Maybe we should take her to the hospital again,” Bambam said worriedly.

“I’m sure she just needs rest. Let’s leave her be.” JB got up and motioned everyone to the door.

“We’ll be waiting for you!” Jackson whispered loudly.

“Let’s clean up the house for her while we’re waiting,” Jr. suggested.

“I’ll wash the dishes,” Bambam volunteered.

“And I’ll take out the trash,” Youngjae said.

“I’ll walk the dog, or maybe…Yugyeom can walk the dog.” Jackson snickered.

Yugyeom shoved him from behind. “Screw you.”

JB shook his head at their squabbling and turned to go. He paused when he found one of the boys had stayed behind. “Mark? Aren’t you coming?”

Mark kept his eyes glued on Yoonjung while holding onto her hand. “I’ll leave later after I make sure her fever is down.”

JB frowned at that decision but didn’t say anything else. Reluctantly, he left the room.

A sense of uneasiness washed over him, but he pushed it aside as Janggeun jumped up to greet him. JB smiled and affectionately rubbed his ears. “Yoonjung will be fine, so don’t you worry. Come on. Let’s feed you first.”

Mark dampened the towel again and placed it over her forehead. Yoonjung mumbled incoherently under her breath and turned her head in distress. Mark cradled her hand between his palms and gently rubbed her hand. Then he reached out and tenderly caressed her hair. “You’re going to be okay. The guys are here. I’m here. We won’t let you suffer alone.”

Mark got another wet towel and began to gently wipe her arms and neck to cool down her fever. Half an hour later, he touched her forehead and was pleased to find she wasn’t that warm anymore. Mark pulled the blanket up to her chest and fixed the pillow under her head. He was about to leave, but she subconsciously held out her hand and mumbled something along the lines of “don’t go.”

Surprised, Mark caught her hand, and his eyes widened when she actually gripped onto it. Mark softened and moved closer to her. “I’ll stay…” He slipped into bed beside her and tucked his arm under her.

Yoonjung snuggled against him, and Mark pulled her closer.

A serene smile lit up his face, and he looked down at her with content. “I don’t like it that you’re sick…but I like it that I can take care of you.” Mark leaned in and pressed his lips against her forehead. “…I love you, Yoonjung,” he whispered and then broke into a big smile. Then Mark closed his eyes and rested with her.

Yoonjung startled awake. Disoriented and groggy, she looked around the empty room. She vaguely remembered the guys being over and wondered if they had gone home.

Just then, the door opened and Jr. and Bambam came in.

“Oh! You’re awake!” Bambam gleefully chirped.

Yoonjung sat up. “You guys didn’t go home yet?”

“How could we leave you when you’re in this condition?” Bambam pouted.

Jr. placed a hand on her shoulder. “How do you feel now?”

“Maybe a little bit better. I can be by myself. You guys should go home,” Yoonjung suggested.

“You can’t get rid of us that easily.” Bambam crossed his arms.

Yoonjung pulled the blanket off of her and made a face. “I feel icky. I need a shower.”

“No shower! Not when you have a cold!” Bambam chided.

“Just wash up and come down. We’ll prepare lunch for you.” Jr. squeezed her shoulder and urged Bambam to leave to give her some privacy.

Yoonjung washed and changed into a gray sweater with jeans. Jeans were uncomfortable, but she felt less disgusting with them on. She tied her hair up into a bun and all but crawled downstairs. Cold air slammed into her, and she wrapped her arms around herself to keep her teeth from chattering.

“Oh! Yoonjung!” Youngjae cried out.

JB came over with a blanket and draped it around her. “How are you feeling now?”

“Okay…” Yoonjung replied.

JB knew she was fibbing but said nothing and guided her to the couch. He sat her down and bent down in front of her to tighten the blanket around her.

Janggeun raced over and giddily her face.

“Hey, hey. Give her some space,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter