First Kiss

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB1pYZW7HoI

Got7: Monster

-------------------------------------------

The weather grew warmer as time went on.

Ballroom dancing had still taken over their last classes.

Mostly everyone had gotten the steps besides a few clumsy ones, including Yoonjung. She just couldn’t get the steps right. They were confusing and caused her legs to twist around each other like a bad pretzel.

One Friday after school, the guys suggested going to Club Playground, but Yoonjung was too exhausted from ballroom dancing to go. She just wanted to go home, lie down somewhere, and fall asleep.

JB made an excuse that he was tired also and went home with her.

They came into her house and was greeted by Janggeun jumping up and down with glee.

Yoonjung lightly brushed him aside and fell over on her sofa like a log. “I can’t feel my legs anymore,” she moaned into the cushion.

JB chuckled and lightly Janggeun’s ears. “Your owner is such a whiner. Did you know that, Janggeun? She complains about anything and everything. She’s like an old lady.”

Yoonjung sat up halfway and glared at him. “I heard that.”

JB shrugged. “I wasn’t making it a secret.”

Yoonjung groaned and lay back down on her stomach. “I can’t believe we have to do this every single day. I’m going to die at this rate.”

JB sat on the arm of the couch and looked at her. “How are you going to die from dancing? That’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard of.”

“Oh yeah?!” Yoonjung sat up and challenged, “I can trip over someone’s shoe, fall down, and crack my head open! Let’s see if you’ll still be in doubt when you see me bleeding on the floor with my skull broken in half!”

JB rolled his eyes. “Okay, drama queen. Sheesh. You’re like the female Jackson right now.”

Yoonjung threw a cushion at him. “Get out!”

JB gave her a suspicious look. “Are you on your period by any chance?”

Yoonjung gave him a flat look. “JB-“

“Shutting up.” JB hugged the cushion against his chest and rolled over to sit beside her.

Janggeun jumped up and lay across their laps.

“You’re so heavy.” Yoonjung groaned.

“See? What did I tell you? Such a whiner,” JB teased.

Yoonjung whacked his shoulder, and he couldn’t help but laugh at her. “I have a reason to whine unlike you. I just don’t get the steps. It’s embarrassing enough that I trip over my own two feet, but I end up stepping on my partners’ feet.” JB chortled when he remembered how she had stomped on Tao’s foot earlier this afternoon. He had screamed like a little girl and insisted he be taken to the emergency room at once “just in case his foot had to be amputated.”

“Don’t laugh. It’s shameful. I could’ve died of embarrassment back there.” Yoonjung buried her face in Janggeun’s fur.

JB softened and lightly nudged her side. “Hey. Hey, bestest. Don’t be so disheartened. I’ll teach you the dance steps, okay?”

Yoonjung lifted her face up and blinked at him. “Really? You’ll help me?”

JB nodded. “Of course. What are friends for?”

“I’m really slow,” she warned. “I can be patient,” he informed.

Yoonjung beamed and held out her hands. “Teach me then.”

“Aigoo. Such a little kid.” JB lightly pushed her forehead. “Come on, Janggeun. Let’s do whatever we can to help her grow up.” Janggeun hopped off of them and wagged his tail expectantly. JB got up, grasped her hands, and helped her stand up.

He found the ballroom song online and played it. 

JB reviewed the steps they had learned and went over it thrice before they officially practiced with the song. “Ouch,” he hissed as she stepped on his foot for the umpteenth time.

Yoonjung winced. “I’m so sorry.”

“It’s all right. Let’s start from the beginning.” JB replayed the song from the beginning. Once again, Yoonjung managed to stomp on his foot, causing him to curse inwardly and flinch outwardly. “Okay, I don’t want to do this anymore. I give up. I’m a hopeless case.” Yoonjung sighed and sat on the couch.

“Come on, Yoonjung. Don’t give up now. You can do it,” JB encouraged.

Yoonjung just pouted and remained sullen in her seat. “Don’t make me dance with Janggeun,” JB dared.

At that, Yoonjung cracked a smile.

JB smiled back and lifted her up on her feet. “Let’s go over it one more time. Don’t worry about stepping on me. That’s why you can’t remember the steps. You’re too busy focused on trying not to hurt me that you’re not thinking about the dance.”

Yoonjung nodded. “Fine. I’ll try my best this time.”

JB took her hand and placed his other hand on her waist. Yoonjung rested her free hand on his shoulder and drew in a deep, nervous breath.

“You ready?” JB asked. Yoonjung nodded. “I’m ready.”

“Don’t worry, all right? Just focus on the steps. That’s all you need to do,” he reminded. She nodded steadily.

JB the song. “One, two, three, four. One, two, three, four. Spin here. And one, two, three, four,” he counted softly under his breath.

Yoonjung got through the second half of the song without making a single mistake. Her face brightened, and she began to have hope. “I’m doing it, JB! I’m dancing!”

JB laughed. “You’re doing great.”

Yoonjung got too overconfident and made a drastic move that made her trip on his foot. “Oh! Oh!” She tumbled forward.

JB quickly caught her around the waist, and they both went toppling over the arm of the couch.

As they landed on the couch in a tangled mess of limbs, their lips brushed against each other’s, catching them both off-guard.

Yoonjung’s eyes grew round in shock and disbelief. Did we just kiss?! She was about to scramble off of him but caught sight of his lips.

Her heart did a triple flip in her chest. Was JB’s lips always so…pink and nice? I wonder what lip balm he uses. Wait a moment…his pulse…

Yoonjung could feel his rapid heartbeat.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Yoonjung shifted her gaze upwards to meet his eyes, and her lips parted in surprise. His heart is beating just as fast as mine is. I wonder what that means. The moment her lips had touched his, electricity jolted his body, and he felt as if he was in both heaven and hell.

Underneath the initial shock, he wished the kiss had lasted longer. Her lips had felt just perfect on his.

JB held his breath and gazed at her face with soft, yearning eyes. Their noses were touching, and neither one made an effort to move.

Yoonjung looked up at him with shock, confusion, and wonder. He wanted to know what she was thinking.

Was she appalled? Was she embarrassed?

Did she want to kiss him again like he wanted to kiss her?

They were too enraptured by the moment that they hadn’t realized her father had come in. He paused at the unfamiliar romantic mood, and his eyes darted between his daughter and the boy underneath her.

Janggeun barked, yanking them back to reality.

Yoonjung looked up and gasped. “D-Dad!” She scrambled off of him, and JB quickly stood up as well. He couldn’t meet her father’s eyes as he bowed. “H-Hello, ahjusshi.”

Her father composed her expression and smiled pleasantly. “Hello, Jaebum.” His eyes floated to Yoonjung, and his lips curved upwards into an amused smile. “I wasn’t interrupting anything important, was I? Should I leave?”

“NO!” They blurted.

“W-We were just practicing our ballroom dancing!” She blurted. “And I was just about to leave, too!” He added.

“Right.” Yoonjung nodded.

JB grabbed his backpack. “Um, I’ll talk to you later. Bye, ahjusshi. Bye, Janggeun.” As fast as a roadrunner, JB was gone.

Her father looked back with a knowing smile. He looked at Yoonjung and raised an eyebrow. “Is there anything you’re hiding from me?”

“Nope! Not at all! W-What are you doing back so early?” She stammered, trying not to appear as flustered as she was.

“I forgot some documents, so I came to pick them up. Don’t mind me, and ask JB to come back,” her father suggested.

Yoonjung fervently shook her head. “We practiced enough for today. I think I’ll go start on my homework.” She hurried upstairs and closed the bedroom behind her. She leaned against the door and put a hand over her throbbing chest. What was that? JB and I kissed. We KISSED! I know it was an accident, but…I can’t forget it. What is wrong with me?! She twisted her fingers into her hair with a panicky look. Then she shook her head and slapped her cheeks a few times. “No, no. What are you thinking about? It was just an accident. Don’t get so freaked out by it. It’s not like you.” She heard scratching on the door and opened it slightly.

Janggeun panted up at her with his tail wagging. Yoonjung sighed and opened the door wider. “Okay, you can come in.”

Janggeun gave a grateful yelp and dashed inside. He got on her bed and curled up into a ball. She gave a little smile and then fished through her backpack for her homework.

By the time she was done, it was dark outside.

Yoonjung stretched her arms over her head and glanced at her bed. Janggeun had been long gone, and she chuckled as she wondered where he had gone off to. Yoonjung stood up and headed for the patio to get some fresh air. A flashback of the kiss from earlier erupted in her mind, causing her pause mid-step. What if JB is out there right now? What will I say? What will I do? She parted the curtain slightly and peeked out. He wasn’t on the patio, but his bedroom light was on. I don’t want to risk it. I’ll see him tomorrow. We’ll get it sorted out…I hope. With a sigh, Yoonjung released the curtain and went to find Janggeun instead.

Meanwhile, JB was pacing up and down the floor of his bedroom. He had managed to finish his homework, but his lack of concentration frustrated him. He couldn’t get the dark kiss out of his mind. What was even more mind-boggling was that he wanted to kiss her again. I shouldn’t want to kiss her. I mean…she’s my best friend! Friends don’t kiss each other. But I want to…and what does that say about me?

JB halted abruptly and whipped his head around to stare at his patio. Do I…like Yoonjung in THAT way? Am I in love with her?

The idea didn’t appall him or send him running in the other direction.

Intrigued and curious now, JB walked towards the patio and peeked out towards Yoonjung’s room. Her light was on, and he wondered what she was doing right now. He picked up his phone to call her but didn’t have the courage to face her just yet.

With a sigh, JB lowered the phone back onto his nightstand. We can work it out tomorrow. Everything will be fine once we get some sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SIvaDx-t1g

Exo-K: Wolf

---------------------------------------

It was early afternoon of the next day, and Yoonjung still hadn’t seen JB ever since last night. Usually by now, he would have contacted her and asked her to meet up. She wondered if it was really her that was avoiding him, or if it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter