From enemy to friend

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9s9vgChJts

Sung Sikyung: Every moment of you

--------------------------------------------

After school the boys called Yoonjung and searched for her. She was nowhere to be seen or heard.

While the others continued to search the school, Mark took a cab to Yoonjung’s house. In a state of rush and worry, he overpaid the driver and darted into her gate. With frantic hands, he pressed the code for the house and wrenched the door open. Mark saw her shoes and quickly took his own shoes off. He realized Janggeun wasn’t appearing either, which meant he was with Yoonjung. What worried him was why Yoonjung had disappeared at lunchtime and had not appeared in front of her friends again.

Mark hurried upstairs and burst into her room. He saw Janggeun whimpering by the bed where Yoonjung was hidden under the covers. Janggeun whined and lightly tapped the blanket with his nose. He noticed Mark’s presence and turned back to look at him. Janggeun whimpered, begging Mark to do something about her.

Mark walked towards the bed, gripped onto the blanket, and then fluidly yanked it off of her.

Yoonjung sighed and sat up. “Janggeun, can’t I just have a moment here-“

She froze when she saw Mark. They both stared at each other for three still seconds.

Yoonjung quickly ducked her head so that her hair hid her face, but it was too late. Mark had seen enough.

He sat on the edge of the bed and gripped onto her shoulder. “Let me see your face."

Yoonjung didn’t move. “I’m fine.”

“I didn’t ask you if you were fine. I told you to let me see your face,” Mark stated in a crisp, curt voice.

Yoonjung clamped her teeth over her bruised lower lip and dug her nails into the mattress under her.

“Yoonjung,” Mark growled.

Yoonjung sighed with closed eyes. Then she opened her eyes and slowly faced him. His heart seared with pain at the sight of her bruised and cut face. He was horrified and beyond furious. This is sick. Who did this to her? Why would they hurt her? What reason did they have for ruining her this way?

Mark reached out and cupped her cheek against his warm palm. His eyes traveled down to her uniform, and he could make out the bruises and cuts on her limbs. He wondered what else was broken underneath her clothes.

Yoonjung swallowed hard. “It’s no big deal.”

Mark studied her messy face and knew this was a HUGE deal. He had never seen her so brutally beaten up before, and he was extremely enraged. He would kill whoever this was, may it be child, female, or elderly. No one got away with hurting Yoonjung. No one. Mark fluidly shot up and ran downstairs.

“Mark! No!” Yoonjung raced after him. She grabbed onto his waist from behind before he could leave her house.

“Let go,” he warned in a strained voice. She shook her head. “You won’t be able to find them anyways.”

“You want to bet?” Mark snarled under his breath.

Yoonjung tightened her arms around his waist and clung onto him. “Don’t do this, Mark.”

Mark glanced sideways at her. “I’ll just drag you with me. It’ll be better that way anyways. You can point out who did this to you.” He started for the door.

“Mark, just stop! I don’t want you to do anything! I just want you to be here for me! Is that too much to ask for?!” Yoonjung shrieked.

Mark paused. Tears ran down her face. “I had a long, hard day, and the last thing I want to do is face those girls right now. I just want to be in the security of my own home and not have to think about what will go on tomorrow. Can’t you just do this for me?” Yoonjung whispered mournfully.

Mark slowly turned back and saw her silently shedding tears. For as long as he had known her, she had hardly cried in front of him. Besides a bad injury or the occasional morbid movie, Yoonjung hardly ever cried. She must be feeling overwhelmed. I only thought about getting revenge. I never thought that he would need me, too.

Mark softened. He slipped his hand on the back of her neck and drew her into his chest with a heavy sigh.

Yoonjung clung onto his shirt and cried into his uniform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M35t4oOLXoA

Hyorin: Hello

-----------------------------------------------

The sound of the doorbell ringing made them pull apart and look towards the door. She gave him a questioning look.

“Maybe it’s the guys. They were worried about you,” he said.

“Oh!” Yoonjung had been too caught up with her pain that she forgot that her friends might be concerned about her. She opened the door and gasped. “JB…”

He strode inside too quickly, causing her to stumble back and collide against the shoe shelf.

JB grasped her shoulders and looked into her eyes that were dripping with anxiousness. “Are you all right? What happened? Why did you leave without a word?” He glanced over her face and body and gently cupped her face. “What happened to you? Who hurt you like this?”

Yoonjung shook her head. “It’s nothing bad.”

JB looked at Mark who sighed. “She said the same thing to her. I don’t know who did this. She won’t say.”

JB turned back to Yoonjung and frowned. “You really worried me, Yoonjung. I thought you were kidnapped or something.”

“It wasn’t anything that drastic,” she joked. “What about the rest of the guys? Did they come with you?”

“They went to search the neighborhood. Crap. I should let them know I found you before Jackson goes to the police station to report you as missing.” JB sent a mass text out. “They said they’re on their way.”

“No!” Yoonjung blurted. Mark and JB gave her puzzled looks.

“I don’t want to show them when I’m in this condition. They’ll obviously be upset and furious. I don’t even want to think about how Jackson will react once he sees my face like this. Just tell them to go home, please,” she pleaded.

“All right, fine.” JB sighed as he sent out another group text. “But you won’t be able to get rid of me so easily.”

Me neither, Mark thought.

JB touched a bruise on her cheek, and she flinched right away. “Did you put medicine on?” He asked.

Yoonjung shook her head. “Not yet.”

“Let’s go do that first.” JB took her hand and guided her to the living room. “I’ll go find the first aid kit.” Mark headed to the first floor bathroom. JB sat Yoonjung on the couch and sat beside her. “Got it.” Mark brought the kit over and opened it on the coffee table. JB started to apply ointment on her bruises and cuts. “Your dad is going to go ballistic once he sees you like this,” JB stated.

“I’ll tell him a dog chased me,” Yoonjung said.

“Like he would believe you. He’s a lawyer, you know. He’s too smart to believe your fib.” JB placed a band-aid over the cut over her left eyebrow.

“Thanks,” Yoonjung mumbled.

“Who did this to you?” He asked. “I won’t tell you,” she muttered.

“I won’t go after them,” JB promised. “You won’t, but he will.” Yoonjung eyed Mark who didn’t deny her accusation.

JB sighed at her stubbornness. “Fine, just tell me one thing then. Did they do this to you because of the video?”

“Why else?” Yoonjung sighed.

God damn it. It’s just a video of them coming out of the closet. There’s no evidence they did anything. Why do people have to make everything such a big deal? “Do you need anything?” JB asked.

“Maybe a couple painkillers. My head is starting to hurt.” Yoonjung put a hand on her skull. Mark leaned forward with worried eyes. “You should go to the hospital and get examined.” “It’s nothing. After I take some painkillers and get some rest, I should be as good as new,” she claimed.

Mark and JB exchanged unconvinced glances.

“Do you want to get me the painkillers, or should I get them myself?” Yoonjung demanded.

“All right, all right.” JB got up and headed to the kitchen. He brought back a glass of water with a couple white pills.

Yoonjung popped the pills into and downed them with water. She realized that both guys were staring at her as if she was going to erupt any moment and rolled her eyes. “I’m honestly okay. You two can go home now.”

“Nope. I told you you’re not getting rid of me so easily. You can’t push me away, so don’t even try.” JB sat beside her and plunked a cushion onto his lap as he the television. He looked at Mark with questioning eyes. “On the other hand, Mark can-“

“I’m staying.” Mark sat on the other side of Yoonjung and faced the television. She sighed, and her shoulders slumped in defeat. “You both are way too stubborn for your own good.” That’s what I say about you, both Mark and JB thought.

The three of them watched mindless television in silence. Once in a while, they would glance at her to make sure she was really okay. They locked eyes once or twice and uncomfortably looked away each time, which was odd though because they had never been so awkward before. JB jumped slightly when he felt something fall onto his arm. He glanced down and saw that Yoonjung had fallen asleep.

“Is she sleeping?” Mark asked.

“Yeah,” JB answered as he fondly pushed a strand of hair from her bruised lips.

Mark watched them with jealousy simmering in his gut. Abruptly he shot up and grabbed his backpack. “I trust you to take care of her. I’m going.”

“All right then. I won’t walk you out. Later, Mark.”

“Later.” Mark shut the door behind him, looked back wistfully, and then left with burdened shoulders.

JB looked down at Yoonjung and softly smiled. His smile faded when he saw a bruise on her cheek, and he sighed regrettably. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to be there for you. I let you get hurt again. I’ll try harder to protect you. He enclosed his hand over hers and rested the side of his head against the top of her skull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKDTVnCh_WY

Kris: All Of Me

-------------------------------------------------------

Kris paced back and forth in his room. His cook and maid had called him to dinner twice, but he had ignored them both times. He had no appetite. How could he when the girl he loved had just gotten marred because of him?

A knock on the door made him abruptly halt. “What?” He snapped.

“Master Yifan, the cook has made your favorite steak-“

“I told you I’m not hungry!”

“But, Master Yifan-“

“Just go, all right? I need to be left alone!” He hissed, visibly unnerved and exasperated.

The sound of fading steps made him sigh. He hated how he was acting. He usually wasn’t so demanding to the people who served him, but right now, all he could think about was Yoonjung. A thousand times he wanted to run over to her house and just apologize over and over again…and a thousand times he would reel himself back and force himself to stay away from her.

Kris laced his fingers behind his neck and leaned his head back to look up at the patterned ceiling adorned with gold and silver. How can I make this up to her? How can I make things better? Knowing Yoonji, worse things will happen to Yoonjung. this. I can’t ignore her any longer. Tomorrow, I’m stepping in. I won’t let anyone lay a finger on Yoonjung.

Punch. Kick. Slap. More punches. More kicks. More slaps. A shadow leaned into her ear and whispered faintly but menacingly, “Unless you want to be skinned alive, I suggest you stay away from my man.”

“Yoonjung, wake up. Sweetheart, open your eyes.”

Hands wrapped around her arms, and she jerked awake. Her eyes were wide open, and she was gasping for air as beads of sweat ran down her forehead. Under the dim lighting of the lamp in her room, she could make out the face of her father.

“Dad?” Yoonjung whispered. He nodded and gently caressed her hair. “It’s just me. You were having a nightmare, sweetie.”

Yoonjung scooted up into a sitting position and ran her fingers through her hair. “I had a rough day.”

“Do you want to tell me about it?” Her father inquired.

Yoonjung shook her head. “Not now.”

Her father studied her face, causing her to grow flustered and squirm. “W-What?” He took her hand between his palms. “Sweetheart, as much as you try to fool me, you and I both know that’s impossible. Besides being a lawyer, I’m your father, and I know you like the back of my hand. I’m not asking questions because I don’t know anything. I just want you to know that no matter what, I’m here for you. So anytime you need help or just a shoulder to cry on, you come to me. Got it?”

Yoonjung softly nodded. “Okay, dad.” Her father gave a soothing hug and then pulled back. “Go back to sleep.”

“Okay.” Yoonjung nodded and lay back down. Her father planted a kiss on her forehead. “Good night.”

“Good night,” she whispered back. He turned the lights off and left her alone.

Yoonjung her side and sighed heavily. Truth be told, she was anxious about going back to sleep. She felt shameful and stupid for feeling that way. She thought she wasn’t like one of those weak girls in dramas who always had to be defended and protected, but now, she realized she was exactly like them. Tears rolled down her face, and she buried her face into her pillow as she clutched onto her blanket.

Yoonjung felt something furry against her and lifted her eyes upward. Janggeun the tears away from her eyes and snuggled against her. Yoonjung smiled tearfully and rubbed his white fur. “Thanks, Janggeun. You’re the best.” She hugged him tightly and fell asleep holding him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh7AewvfMOI

BTS: Danger

-----------------------------------------------

Yoonjung opened her eyes and sat up halfway on her stomach. She looked around the room and saw that Janggeun had already left her side after smelling breakfast. “What a loyal dog,” she sarcastically mumbled and crawled out of bed. After taking a shower, she dressed and tied her hair into a tidy bun. She looked in the mirror and saw the bruises had turned harsher, darker shades. Great. Everyone will know what happened to me now.

Yoonjung pulled her hair tie out of her hair and just allowed her hair to stay down to hide her maimed face. Then she decided against that and put her hair back up into a bun again.

Why should I hide anything? It’s not like I beat myself up. Those girls did this to me, and everyone should know how horrible they are. If people ask what happened, I’ll tell them. If teachers call me to the office and demands for me to tell them who did this to me, I will. Those girls deserve to face consequences, and I will not be afraid of them. I did nothing wrong. So chin up and be normal.

Feeling powerful and determined, Yoonjung squared her shoulders and went downstairs. She saw the shock on her father’s face when he saw her worsened face but plastered on a cheerful grin. “Good morning! Breakfast smells good! No wonder Janggeun ditched me.” She pecked Janggeun on the head before grabbing a piece of bacon and taking a bite out of it.

“Yoonjung…if you don’t want to go to school today, it’s fine with me,” her father said in a low voice, and she could tell he was struggling to keep calm.

“I’m not sick. I can go to school,” she stated. Her father gave her a soft look. “You sure?”

Yoonjung bobbed her head up in down. “Positive. I don’t need to run away because of anyone, so there’s no reason to be afraid. Besides, my dad is a lawyer. You’ll help me sue them for free if they touch me again, won’t you?”

Her father smiled and nodded. “I’m always on your side.”

Yoonjung smiled back.

The doorbell rang, and she headed to the door. “That must be JB.” She opened the door to find all seven of her friends at the door. “What are you all doing here?!” Yoonjung exclaimed in surprise. “OOF!” She almost toppled down and earned another bruise from being attacked with a bear hug from Bambam. “Yoonjung! We heard what happened to you?! How could this happen?!” He sobbed and stained her uniform with his tears.

Yoonjung shot JB a look. He sighed. “I tried to keep them away, but I couldn’t.”

Jackson yanked him off with a snarl, “Get off of her! Can’t you see she’s hurt already?!” He looked at Yoonjung and couldn’t stop h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter