Bestest Friend

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHZhh7Qry_k

GOT7: Playground

---------------------------------------

Yoonjung stopped by the stationary store to buy notebooks and highlighters before heading home. She opened the black gate and walked through the front steps to get to her front door. She slid open the cover and pressed the four-digit number that granted her entrance to her enormous house that was relatively large for only two people to live in.

Yoonjung stepped inside and shut the door behind her. She looked down and saw a pair of black-and-white Givenchy shoes that clearly belonged to a certain male. She pulled the bubble-gum flavored lollipop out of and stared at them in accusation. “Really? Again?”

A loud bark made her look up.

Her Great Pyrenees came bounding towards the door at the sound of her voice.

His large, pink tongue swished out at the sight of her, and he eagerly loped toward her.

“Stop,” Yoonjung commanded. Obediently, the dog halted.

“Sit,” she ordered. It sat down and panted rather loudly.

Yoonjung pointed her lollipop at him. “You allowed him inside, didn’t you? What kind of guard dog are you?”

As if understanding her, the dog whined and stomped its white feet.

Yoonjung chuckled and tousled its snow white fur. “I’m just playing with you, Janggeun-ah. You’re so adorable.” She kissed its ear before heading upstairs.

Janggeun didn’t hesitate to follow her.

Yoonjung arrived at her bedroom to see the door slightly ajar. She made a point of kicking it fully open and shuffled inside with a flat look towards the bed. As expected, he was sitting on her bed with his laptop open on his lap. He had even already changed out of his uniform and was now in normal jeans and a white tank top with a plaid shirt. He didn’t even bother looking her way as she scrutinized him. “You have secret powers, don’t you? You can teleport, right? How the heck do you always arrive at my house before I do?”

Mark said nothing but just looked at the screen.

Janggeun trotted towards him and sat down beside him.

Mark gently ruffled his hair.

“You little betrayer,” Yoonjung muttered. “Don’t forget who feeds and bathes you.”

“I feed and bathe him, too,” Mark reminded.

“Point taken, but shut up,” Yoonjung went behind the wall where her closet was.

Mark smirked slightly and shook his head.

Yoonjung quickly changed into shorts, a loose gray shirt, and a lacy black kimono and then hung her uniform against the wall. She came back to the main part of her room and tied her hair into a bun. A few short tendrils of her hair fell over her eye, and she brushed them away. Yoonjung sat beside Mark and looked at the screen. “Why bother going on Instagram when you never post anything?”

“Maybe because I’m not a selfish brat who necessarily needs to show off every little detail of his not-so-wonderful life,” Mark commented.

Yoonjung gawped at him as she put a hand over her chest. “Were you referring to me?”

“I wasn’t, but if you thought it was about you, you must be a selfish brat who has to show off every little detail of your oh-so-wonderful life,” Mark claimed.

Yoonjung gave him a flat look. “Did anyone ever tell you what a sarcastic jerk you can be? Or is it just me that you patronize?”

“Just you.” Mark flopped down on his belly and scrolled through Jackson’s “wild and y” Instagram.

Yoonjung rolled her eyes. Janggeun rested his muzzle on her lap. She smiled and his ears. “You know what I wonder?”

“No, I don’t,” he responded, which she gave him a glare for.

“I wonder why on earth you always come to my house. Why not anyone else’s? Why not JR’s or Yugyeom’s and Bambam’s or Youngjae’s? Why not Jackson’s? Why not JB’s? He lives right next door to me,” she asked loudly.

“Have you ever met JR’s little sister? If so, you would know her obsession with me is pretty disturbing,” Mark stated. Yoonjung chortled at that. She did know how much Joy was in love with him. “Yugyeom and Bambam live in a pigsty. Youngjae’s not too thrilled about having people around his home because of his grandmother. Jackson’s never home because he’s always at-”

At that moment, a loud voice whooped from the opposite balcony, “WHAT’S UP, BABY! WILD AND Y JACKSON HAS ARRIVED!”

Yoonjung looked at Mark who raised his eyebrow at her. She sighed and stood up. “You win.” She flung open her red curtain.

Jackson grinned and waved at her. “CANDY! IT’S ONLY BEEN AN HOUR AND A HALF SINCE I’VE LAST SEEN YOU, BUT I HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH! OH CANDY! I LONG TO BE WITH THEE! COME INTO MY EMBRACE AND LET ME LOVE YOU ALL NIGHT LONG!” He held out a dramatic hand.

JB appeared behind him and smacked the back of his head.

“Ouch!” Jackson yelped. Yoonjung started to laugh. Jackson rubbed the back of his head with a wounded glare at JB. “What was that for?!”

“You know perfectly why I hit you.” He looked at her. “Is Mark at your place?”

Yoonjung nodded. “He’s checking out your Instagram, Jackson.”

Jackson lit up. “REALLY?!” He leaned over the railing and tried to peer into her room. “I KNEW YOU WERE INTERESTED IN ME! TELL ME! HOW LONG HAVE YOU SECRETLY CRUSHED ON ME?! COME ON! DON’T BE SHY!”

Mark rolled off the bed and came to a stand beside Yoonjung. He gave Jackson a not-so-amused look before pulling the curtain shut.

“JUST BECAUSE I CAN’T SEE YOU DOESN’T MEAN YOU’RE NOT THERE!” Jackson gleefully chirped.

“Just come in before the neighbors report you!” JB yanked him back in and shut the balcony door.

“Now you know why I can’t go to JB’s.” Mark sat back down on her bed and took out his homework.

What about yours? You can always go to yours. No, who am I kidding. He can’t. I know why he’s always here, and I know why Jackson’s always at JB’s house. It’s for the same reason: loneliness. Jackson’s parents are always working nonstop. For Mark, it’s worse. His stepmom is terrible. If I was in his shoes, I’d want to escape, too. Yoonjung softened while gazing at him.

Mark caught her pitiful look and furrowed his eyebrows slightly. “What?”

Yoonjung shook her head and smiled. “Nothing.”

He looked away.

“Mark,” she called. He looked at her again.

“…You’re welcome here anytime. You know that, don’t you?” Yoonjung said. My house can be your haven.

Mark softened gratefully and gave her a small, lopsided grin before starting on his homework.

Yoonjung sat at her desk and pulled out her own homework. “I can’t believe there’s homework on the first day already. Senior year is going to be hell.” She groaned as she grabbed a fistful of her hair. She opened her ethics book and began to read right away.

Mark paused and looked back at her. He saw her studying figure, and his lips curled upwards into a soft, tender smile.

There was a real reason why he always came to her house instead of going to anybody else's...but he would never tell her that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CsWFXysXPc

Baek Ah Yeon: Morning of Canon

-----------------------------------------------

Mark and Yoonjung didn’t even know time had passed by until they heard her father cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter