Halloween

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQfOl9cCNhY

Beast: I like you best

----------------------------------------

The end of October was approaching fast.

The JYP students had somewhat gotten accustomed to their new surroundings.

A week before the end of the month, the principal called everyone into the auditorium for an “important announcement.”

“What do you think this one is about?” Jackson asked.

“Maybe we’re being sent back to JYP High!” Bambam beamed.

“Yeah, dream on. I pass by there every time we have to come to school, and it doesn’t like it’ll be built anytime soon,” Youngjae scoffed.

Bambam jutted out his lower lip in obvious displeasure.

“Ugh. Them,” Jackson muttered.

Yoonjung looked up and saw Exo filing into the room. Exo went past them and sat a couple rows in front of them.

D.O. glanced back, saw her, and waved with a huge grin on his face.

Yoonjung smiled and waved back with equal friendliness.

“Why is that squishy boy looking at you like that?” Jackson demanded as he sat up with a glower.

“He’s her friend,” JR defended.

“I do not approve. You need to choose your friends wisely, Yoonjung.” Jackson crossed his arms with a cocky look.

Yoonjung raised an eyebrow at him. “I sure do.”

JR, Youngjae, and Bambam began to laugh. Flabbergasted, Jackson gawped at Yoonjung. “What is THAT supposed to mean?!”

The loud static of the microphone made them stop chatting and look up. Lee Sooman had come up to the stage. He tapped the microphone once, nodded, and began talking, “Good morning, students. I gathered you here today to talk about the upcoming Halloween Ball.” Murmurs ran throughout the crowd.

“Oh. That lame dance.” Jackson rolled his eyes. Got7 and Yoonjung had already decided not to attend.

“This year, we decided to make the ball a mandatory event,” the principal declared.

“WHAT?!” Jackson shrieked. He was not the only one outraged. People were mumbling and muttering to each other as they glanced at the principal as if he was out of his mind.

“You heard me correctly. This year, every single one of you will be required to attend the Halloween Ball. We have decided that as a welcoming gift to our new JYP students who will be joining us this year,” the principal stated.

The SM High students began to glower at the JYP ones. Bambam cowered back. “I hate the way they’re looking at us.”

“Way to put us on the fishing hook as bait, old man!” Jackson snapped in distaste.

“It’ll be a spectacular event, so look forward to it. Please refer to the rule book for rules concerning dress code. Those who do not follow will have to wear something embarrassing the gym teachers have chosen, so beware. Have a good Friday, students.” Lee Sooman smiled and left.

“He hates us. He likes to torture us. Why?” Jackson moaned and leaned his head back.

“Great. Now we have to think of Halloween costumes,” Youngjae muttered.

“I think it might be fun. We haven’t dressed up before.” Bambam smiled.

“Hey, you should be Snow White, Yoonjung.” JR winked.

“And what? We go as the seven dwarves?” Jackson snorted sarcastically.

“Why not?” JR shrugged.

“No,” Yugyeom said right away.

“Uh, I don’t know about you, but I ain’t dressing up like little men in tights. If I’m going to reenact someone from that fairy tale, I’m going to be the prince.” Jackson straightened his blazer.

“We’ll think of costumes later. For now, let’s go to class,” JB suggested. They got up and headed towards the door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kFfwDWf2s4

A-Pink: Let us just love

----------------------------------------------

It was Halloween.

Right after school, Yoonjung went straight home to prepare for tonight’s Halloween Ball. She came to her house to see her father busily packing. “Dad, are you going somewhere?” Yoonjung inquired.

Her father looked over his shoulder and sighed. “Yes. My client had some trouble, so I have to fly out to Busan in a couple hours. I probably won’t be back until tomorrow morning. I hate to leave you alone tonight though. I wanted to take you to your first dance and see what you look like in your costume.”

Yoonjung patted his shoulder. “Don’t worry, dad. I’ll be fine. I’m just going to the dance tonight. Then I’ll come straight home and go to bed. I have Janggeun with me, so you don’t have to worry. If I need help, I could always holler for JB. He lives right next door.”

He still looked doubtful.

“And I’ll send you a picture of me in my costume,” she added.

Her father frowned with a faraway look. Yoonjung chortled. “Honestly, dad. Don’t worry. I’m a big girl. I can take care of myself. It’s not like this is the first time you’re leaving me.” “I hate leaving you alone though,” her father muttered.

Yoonjung pecked his cheek. “You worry too much. Go and do your thing. Make lots of money to put into my college savings.”

Her father started smiling now. “Well, when you put it that way, I should do my best.” She grinned with a thumb up. He finished packing, and after rambling about warnings, he finally left for the airport.

As soon as her father was gone, Yoonjung darted upstairs. Janggeun barked and raced after her. Yoonjung opened up her closet and pushed out all her normal clothes out of the way to pull out her costume. She held it out with a big smile. “What do you think, Janggeun? I thought I would humor the boys a little.” Janggeun barked in approval.

Yoonjung grinned. “Yeah, they’ll like it.”

First, she took a shower. Then she applied a bit of make-up on and made her cheeks slightly rosy. Her lips were a light shade of red, and she even applied mascara on for tonight’s event. Then, Yoonjung slipped her costume on and fixed the wig on. The short black hair took a whole hour to perfect, but in the end, she did it. Her phone buzzed with a text message.

‘The boys are here. You ready?’ – JB.

‘I’ll be right there.’ Yoonjung looked in the mirror one final time and took a deep breath. Hopefully, she didn’t look too strange. She turned towards Janggeun. “What do you think?” Janggeun barked and stuck out his tongue. Yoonjung smiled and bent down to peck his nose. “Thanks.”

She left her house and carefully treaded to the next house in her golden heels. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door and went inside. There was rowdy laughter in the living room.

“I can’t believe you’re wearing spandex!” “Because I’m Spiderman!”

“Mark, are you even wearing a costume?” “I’m a soccer player.”

“You’re so boring.” “Shut up. You look like you belong in prison.”

“Hey, at least this is more creative than your costume.”

“Dude, Jackson. You went all out.”

“I’m surprised, considering the fact that you complained the most about this dance.”

“Who’s Jackson? I’m Elvis Presley!”

Yoonjung poked her head into the living room and almost laughed out loud. Bambam was Spiderman while Jackson was Elvis Presley. JB was a reaper and JR was a devil. Mark was a soccer player, Yugyeom was a pirate, and Youngjae was a jail bird.

Bambam looked up and gasped. “Who are you?!”

The boys jerked their heads around, and their eyes widened in shock. Sheepishly, Yoonjung stepped out and held out her arms. “Surprise…” They continued to gawk at her. She’s Snow White…a ier version of Snow White. And her hair? It’s black and short now, JB thought in awe.

Yoonjung nervously bit her lower lip. “So what do you think? Good? Bad?”

Jackson was the first to respond. “Y!” He applauded fervently.

“You dressed as Snow White after all!” JR beamed like a proud father.

“You look amazing,” Bambam purred with dreamy eyes. Yugyeom had a hard time knowing where to place his eyes, and Mark stared open-mouthed at her. Youngjae grinned with two thumbs up. “You look absolutely beautiful.”

Yoonjung beamed.

“Damn, girl. If you keep up with those costumes, we’re not going to be just friends for long,” Jackson growled.

“Down, Elvis.” JR chortled. Yoonjung came over and sat on the couch beside Mark. “Does this really fit me?”

Mark closed his mouth. All he could do was nod. He didn’t trust himself to speak, or he would squeak like a little boy during puberty.

“The short hair fits you.” Youngjae nodded in approval. Yoonjung sighed in relief. “Good, because I was going to take off my wig. It kind of itches.”

Youngjae smoothed her wig and smiled. “No, keep it on. It completes your costume.”

Jackson squished himself between Youngjae and Yoonjung. “Hey!” Youngjae protested.

Jackson hugged her tightly. “You’re so loveable, Yoonjung!”

Yoonjung laughed and patted his arm. “You’re lovable, too, Elvis.” Jackson pulled back and wiggled his eyebrows.

“The limo arrived. Let’s go,” JB said.

The eight of them got up and headed towards the front where a black limo was awaiting them. They hopped in and arrived at school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od0--glpEqc

Exo: Overdose (Korean Ver.)

----------------------------------------

Yoonjung stepped out and looked around in awe.

Every single person was dressed up. The school had been decorated to appear like a haunted house. Her lips curved upwards into a big smile. Maybe it was a good idea that Lee Sooman had made this ball mandatory, or she would have missed something remarkable.

The eight of them headed inside, and they all gasped in wonder. Lights flashed. Cobwebs were strung in every corner. Jack-o-lanterns grinned at them while fog filled the floor.

“This is…brilliant!” Bambam became excited. “Impressive, right?” JR grinned.

“Just a bit.” Jackson shrugged nonchalantly, but his eyes sparkled with zeal.

“Buffet table first!” Bambam zoomed straight towards the tables of abundant food.

They followed and began to pile food on their plates.

“Hello, Snow White!” A cheerful voice greeted.

Yoonjung spun around and saw Pororo. When he lifted his head, she laughed. “Hi, D.O. Oh my gosh! Your costume is so cute!”

D.O. grinned. “Thanks. My friends are all some type of mythical creature or superhero, but I wanted to be something different.” He leaned in and whispered, “Don’t tell anyone, but I didn’t have any costume ideas. I actually came from my niece’s Halloween party. My sister made me wear this. Instead, I forced her to let me borrow this costume tonight.”

Yoonjung grinned. “I bet you were popular among the children.”

D.O. pretended to be cocky. “I’m popular among the ladies, as well.”

She laughed. “I can’t argue with that.” He grinned and patted her shoulder with one of his flippers. “Save a dance for me later. Hopefully one of your seven dwarves don’t chop me up for firewood though.” He waddled away, leaving her laughing.

Yoonjung found her friends at one of the tables and joined them.

“Ah, ew. I just saw a guy in short-shorts. My eyes,” Bambam whimpered as he covered his eyes. Mark eyed all the chocolate on Yoonjung’s plate. “If you eat all that, your teeth will fall out.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter