Blossoming Friendship

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld_7k8yMAZw

UNIQ: Falling In Love

-------------------------------------------

The day after their museum trip, Luhan came to Yoonjung’s house at noon. He didn’t know why he felt so nervous. His stomach fluttered with butterflies. He anticipated seeing her again, but he was anxious about how the day would go.

Taking a deep breath, Luhan rang the doorbell.

A bark startled him. There seemed to be a big dog on the other side of the door.

The dog continued to bark.

Luhan stepped back with wide, surprised eyes.

Suddenly, he heard Yoonjung from the other side. “Stop it, Janggeun. Hush!” The dog seemed to calm down at her command. The door unlocked, and her head poked out. She saw Luhan, and her face lit up in pleasant surprise. “You’re just on time. Come on in.” She opened the door wider and urged him to come inside.

Luhan felt uncertain. “Um, are you sure it’s okay?” He glanced inside and saw the biggest white dog ever.

Janggeun, not used to meeting strangers, growled as he barreled his sharp canines. He hunched over and barked in warning.

Yoonjung shot him a look. “Janggeun, I said that’s enough. Quiet, or I’ll make you stay in the balcony.”

Janggeun, as if he understood, shut up.

Yoonjung looked at Luhan and softened when she saw his alarmed expression. “Don’t be scared. Come in. He won’t bite. He’s actually very nice.”

Come on, Luhan. Be manly. It’s just a dog. You can’t become a coward like this. Luhan straightened up and cleared his throat. Carefully, he stepped inside the throat.

Janggeun continued to glower at him. A growl bubbled in his throat as he hunched over again.

Yoonjung lightly tapped his nose with the back of her hand. “Quiet, you.” She went further in, and he followed.

Janggeun raced towards Yoonjung and followed her every moment. He made sure not to let Luhan come so close to his owner though.

“You have, um, a very big dog,” Luhan commented.

Yoonjung smiled affectionately at the beast. “Yeah, I’ve had him for a long time. He’s old but energetic. Trust me. Once he gets to know you, he’ll be very cute.” She rubbed Janggeun’s head fondly, and he leaned against her with his tongue stuck out.

Yoonjung looked at Luhan. “Did you eat lunch yet? I was fixing myself something. Would you like some?”

Luhan nodded. “Sure.” She headed for the kitchen, and he began to follow her.

Janggeun gave him a crisp bark before trotting after her.

Luhan blinked in surprise and then laughed. She has so many male admirers. First there’s Got7, and now this gigantic dog. How many rivals do I have? He entered the kitchen and smelled the wonderful aroma of spaghetti and garlic bread. His eyes widened at all that spaghetti in the pot. “W-were you going to eat all that?”

Yoonjung sheepishly rubbed the side of her neck. “I was hoping to share with someone.” Her eyes slid to her expectant dog. “Or my dog.”

Janggeun barked, liking the idea.

Luhan grinned. “I’ll share with you.”

Yoonjung smiled back. She put pasta and garlic bread in two dishes and took them to the table.

Luhan sat down and stared down at the fantastic dish in front of him. “This looks good.”

“I just hope it won’t only look good,” Yoonjung joked as she sat in front of him. “Dig in.”

Luhan twirled the noodles around his fork and took a bite. His eyes widened at the heavenly taste. “Did you make this?”

Yoonjung nodded. Luhan smiled. There was one more thing he could add on the list of things he liked about her now. “It’s really delicious. You’re a good cook.”

“Thanks. If you think I’m good, you should taste my dad’s food. No one can beat him in cooking,” she said.

“Your mother doesn’t cook?” Luhan asked.

Yoonjung paused. She closed and lowered the fork. Yoonjung looked up into his curious eyes. “…My mom passed away.”

His face fell, and guilt slammed against his chest. . I’m so stupid. “I’m really sorry.”

“It’s okay. You didn’t know.” Yoonjung forgave him easily.

It was awkwardly silent for a few minutes. Suddenly, Janggeun barked and whimpered. Yoonjung rolled her eyes. “All right. All right.” She took one of her garlic bread and gave it to him. He gobbled it up with joy. “You black hole,” she muttered.

Luhan chuckled. “Is it okay to give him human food?”

“He eats anything and everything. If I don’t, he won’t stop whining.” Yoonjung shook her head.

Luhan reached out to pet him, but Janggeun almost bit his hand off. Luhan jerked his hand back with a shocked expression.

Yoonjung chortled. “Here. You should try this.” She gave him the last of her garlic bread and motioned for him to give it to Janggeun. “He’ll love you for giving him food.”

Uncertainly, Luhan held out the bread. “H-Here you go, Janggeun.”

Janggeun gave him a fishy look. Luhan swallowed in fear.

Janggeun looked at his owner. Yoonjung smiled and nodded encouragingly as she glanced at Luhan.

Janggeun started to approach Luhan. He sat down and carefully bit into the bread. Luhan pulled his hand back and watched in awe as Janggeun ate the bread. “Now try petting him,” Yoonjung suggested. Luhan carefully his ear. Janggeun stayed still. Luhan began to relax. “Wow. He loves food a lot.”

“He loves it next to me.” Yoonjung beamed.

Luhan smiled and ruffled his ear. Janggeun blinked at him but didn’t bark. When they were done eating, she cleaned the plates while he helped dry them, and they headed up to her room.

Janggeun bound after them and entered her room first.

Luhan went into her room and was hit with a female aroma. It smelled nice and made his tummy flip several times.

“So…yeah…this is my room.” Yoonjung scratched her scalp with a timid look. “It’s odd because it’s been a while since I brought someone new to my room.”

“Have your friends ever come here before?” Luhan asked.

Yoonjung nodded. “They’ve been to my room before, but they usually don’t stay for a long time. Well, except Mark. He comes and goes as he pleases.” 

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows, wondering what that last statement meant.

“Oh, and JB lives right next door,” Yoonjung stated. Luhan stared at her. “Really?”

Yoonjung nodded and walked up to the curtain that fell over the balcony door. “Yeah, if I open this, I’ll be able to see JB’s room.” She was about to pull it back but decided against it. She could just imagine her friends spying at her from his balcony. That would be mortifying. Yoonjung forced a smile. “Yeah. So, um, let’s get started.”

Luhan took out his laptop from his back. Yoonjung found another chair and brought it over so that they could sit together at her desk. They started on their project. Luhan worked on the slideshow while Yoonjung researched information for their paper. Hours passed. They would occasionally rest and play with her dog. Mostly though, they worked and worked.

Meanwhile, JB just came back home from working out. He had tried to stay away from home as long as possible to avoid seeing Luhan. The idea of Luhan being in Yoonjung’s room irked him. His chest constricted whenever he thought of it, and he wanted to punch something. JB put his iPod on his desk and took off his shirt that was damped with his sweat. He was about to go take a shower but paused. He looked back towards the balcony.

Would he be able to see Yoonjung? If he did, would he see Luhan with her?

He didn’t want to see them together, but he couldn’t stop his curiosity.

JB approached the balcony and pulled open the curtain. His face fell when he saw her curtains tightly drawn. He couldn’t see or hear anything from hear. What am I doing? Im Jaebum, what’s wrong with you? You shouldn’t be spying on her. It’s wrong. JB closed his curtain. With a frustrated sigh, he went to take a shower. Hopefully, that would take his mind off of Yoonjung and Luhan together.

Evening came. At last, the two of them completed everything for their project.

“Finally!” Yoonjung sighed. Luhan saved their work and closed his laptop. He glanced at her and smiled.

Yoonjung stretched her arms over her head. “That took longer than I expected. It’s already night.” She stood up. At once, Janggeun leaped up and ran towards her. He jumped up, begging for attention.

Yoonjung caught his paws and began to dance with him. Janggeun barked as he tried his best to keep up with her on his hind legs.

Luhan laughed and clapped his hands in amusement. He never knew how down-to-earth Yoonjung was. He was falling for her more and more.

Yoonjung let Janggeun go and plopped down on her bed. “That was my exercise for the day.”

Luhan got up and went towards the bed. Janggeun leaped up. For a moment, Luhan thought he was going to be attacked. However, Janggeun rested his paws on his hips and begged to be scratched again. Luhan chuckled and his ears.

Yoonjung smiled. “He likes you now. He won’t be barking at you anymore.”

“That’s good. I don’t want to be on his bad side,” Luhan joked.

Yoonjung laughed. She grabbed one of Janggeun’s toy balls by the bed and held it up. “Janggeun, look.”

Janggeun spun around. Barking, he spun around and wagged his tail. Yoonjung tossed it towards her door. Janggeun caught it between his mouth and took it to Luhan.

Yoonjung frowned. “Hey, I threw that. You’re supposed to bring it back to me.” Janggeun ignored her.

Luhan teased, “He likes me better, I guess. I should take your dog and make him my own.”

Yoonjung sighed. “Get in line. There are too many people who want to kidnap my dog.”

Luhan could see why though. Janggeun was a loyal dog who was cute, energetic, and sweet. He would love a dog like Janggeun. Maybe he would get one. Luhan tossed the ball to the other side of the room. Janggeun raced after it but couldn’t get it because it rolled under one of the drawers. Luhan got up and went to retrieve it. He got up and paused when he sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter