Chemistry Partner

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmdlUDhclck

Park Bom: You and I

-----------------------------------------

A couple weeks later, the chemistry teacher made an announcement. “I think it’s about time to give you a project!”

Unhappy groans filled the classroom.

“Now, now. Don’t be too upset. It’ll be fun, and you won’t be doing it alone. In groups of two, you will visit a science museum and pick one aspect of the museum that interests you. Then you’ll do a research paper about it. Take lots of pictures and put them on a slideshow. A presentation will be required about it, so those of you who despise oral speeches, I suggest you practice over the weekend. Look at your partner, please,” Mr. Kang requested.

Luhan and Yoonjung looked at each other.

“They’re your group mate for this project, so work well with them.” Mr. Kang beamed. “I will give you until Monday to finish this.”

“MONDAY?!”

Protests filled the room.

“It’s too soon, teacher!”

“Please give us at least two weeks!”

“This is too much!”

The bell rang, and Mr. Kang brightly smiled. “Oops. I can’t even change the date due to time constraints. Work hard! I look forward to seeing your spectacular museum visits on Monday!” He grabbed his papers and left the room before any of the students could chase him down.

A project with a member of Exo. Fun, Yoonjung thought sarcastically.

“So how do you want to do this?” Luhan asked.

“We can visit a museum tomorrow, if you can. I think I know one next to the Coex Mall,” she said. He nodded. “Okay. I’ll give you my number. Just text me the address. How does noon sound?”

“Good,” Yoonjung answered.

After confirming tomorrow’s plans, they split ways.

Kris caught up with Luhan and glanced back to see Yoonjung turned the corner. “Hey, are you really going to spend the weekend with her?” “Then how else am I supposed to do this project?” Luhan questioned.

“Just exchange information online. Make up some bull,” Kris said. “Unlike someone, I can’t create bull at the top of my head.” Luhan walked faster.

Kris stopped and scratched his head. He was so confused. He shouldn’t be so annoyed that Luhan was going to spend time off-campus with Yoonjung, but why did he feel so irritated and frustrated? It never dawned on him that he might be feeling jealous of his fellow friend over his so-called enemy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2JzQNm3rXo

Baek Ah Yeon: A Good Boy

-----------------------------------------

Luhan put on a black cap and checked his side profile. Dissatisfied, he tossed it aside, and grabbed a navy blue beanie. He pulled it over and frowned at his reflection in the mirror. Luhan threw it over his shoulder and twisted his fingers through his hair in frustration. For the past hour and a half, he had been trying to find the perfect outfit to wear. Now, he only had half an hour until he would have to leave for the science museum to meet Yoonjung.

Luhan didn’t know why he was even trying so hard. He just wanted to look his best.

Luhan rummaged through the closet and finally decided on a blue button-up shirt with a collar and dark blue jeans. His lips curled upwards into a satisfied smile. Slightly giddy, he loped down the stairs and almost ran into the housekeeper, an elderly woman who he had a soft spot for. She reminded him often of his grandmother. “Would you like something to eat before you go?”

“No, I’m late. I have to go,” Luhan said.

The housekeeper studied his face. “You look extra happy today, Luhan. Is something good happening today?”

Luhan smiled. “I don’t know yet. Feel free to eat something before you go. I won’t be back until later, so you don’t have to wait up for me.” He squeezed her arm lightly and left. He took the cab to the museum and arrived two minutes before noon. Luhan loped up the steps two at a time. He halted abruptly when he saw Yoonjung waiting by the entrance. I thought I would be the first one. I guess not.

Luhan saw her outfit, which consisted of a simple red a-line mini-skirt, white tank top, and a denim blouse. Wearing black-and-white shoes with her long reddish brown hair down, she looked slightly sporty but carefree and cute. Luhan wanted to admire her outfit a little more, but she looked up right then.

Luhan straightened up and approached her. “Hey. You came early.”

Yoonjung checked her watch. “And you’re right on time.”

He didn’t bother to correct her that he had been two minutes early. Then he might have to explain what he did for those two extra minutes.

“I got your ticket.” Yoonjung held it out. Luhan softened with apology. “I’ll pay you back.”

“Don’t bother. I just had to pay a few dollars for donation. Let’s go in.” Yoonjung led him inside. They walked around the enormous museum and looked around in awe. They were soon captivated by all the interesting exhibits and didn’t find their visit boring at all. The two of them entered the dinosaur zone.

Yoonjung gasped and pointed upward. “Look, Luhan.” Luhan blinked at her in surprise that she would call his name so casually. He followed her gaze upward, and his own mouth fell open at the towering figure. “That’s so cool. I wonder if it’s real…” Yoonjung said. Luhan read the description. “It says so.”

Yoonjung broke into a smile. “That’s awesome.” She took a few photos for their slideshow.

“Do you want to do the report on dinosaurs then?” Luhan asked.

Yoonjung shook her head. “Let’s keep looking around. We’ll decide at the end.” They ventured into the space zone. The walls were black, but everything else was bright and colorful.

Yoonjung pointed upwards, and Luhan smiled while nodding. She saw a telescope and looked through the glass. She smiled when she saw the moon. “Come here and look.” Yoonjung motioned.

Luhan bent down and took a peek. “This is nice.” He smiled.

“I should get a telescope for my room. I have a patio, and I can put it there. It would be nice to see space whenever I want to.” She beamed.

Luhan saw there was sincere warmth and excitement in her eyes and smiled back. This was beginning to feel more and more like a date. At the thought, a shiver ran down his spine, and his smile deepened.

There seemed to a walk-in vortex that was blinking yellow.

Yoonjung grabbed his arm, and Luhan looked at her in surprise. He stared at her hand on him. She has her hand on me. She’s touching me. She’s actually touching me!

“I want to go in there! Let’s see what’s in there!” Yoonjung dragged him inside and let go of him once they were in, to his disappointment. Yoonjung turned around with a smile of awe. “This is so cool. I think my friends would like this place. Maybe not Jackson so much, but JB-“

Blinded by her thoughts, she tripped on a cord and flew forward.

Luhan quickly reached out and caught her by the waist. Yoonjung ended up grasping his upper arms that weren’t so lean as she imagined. Surprisingly, for his stature, he was muscular and fit. They were almost chest-to-chest, and if he leaned in a bit further, he could have kissed her forehead. Luhan looked down at her. He could smell the scent of her shampoo again. This time, her hair smelled like wild cherries and orchid. She felt warm and soft, and he wanted to stay like this with her in the empty vortex where nobody else could interfere with them.

Yoonjung slowly raised her gaze to meet his. She winced apologetically. “I’m sorry. Sometimes, I get too excited.” She pulled away from him.

Luhan dropped his hands and clutched them by his sides to keep from reaching out for her again. “It’s fine. Accidents happen. Let’s go to the next station.” He headed for the exit.

Yoonjung sighed and mentally chided herself for being so clumsy. She guessed he would probably talk about this to her friends, which meant an earful from Chanyeol on Monday.

They moved onto the energy and technology exhibit. They had fun experimenting with different objects.

Yoonjung stood next to a silver bar, and the tips of her hair slowly rose up.

Luhan laughed and snapped photos of her. Yoonjung motioned him to come, and he stood next to the bar. He eyed his messy hair unhappily, and she cracked up. Yoonjung snapped photos of him and smiled with her thumb up. Luhan smiled back and went to check the photos.

“Your hair is standing up,” she pointed out. Sheepishly, he tried to smooth it down. “Better?”

Yoonjung shook her head with her lips curved upwards into an amused smile. “Not quite. Here.” She reached out and fixed his hair for him. He froze at her touch but melted when he felt her long fingers tenderly his hair. If he was sitting down, he could have fallen asleep.

“There,” Yoonjung said. Luhan cleared his throat. “T-thanks.”

“No problem. Let’s go to the next exhibit.” She marched forward. He touched his hair with a dreamy look before following her.

Next was the human body section.

There were giant models that visitors could explore in.

Yoonjung went inside, and Luhan followed. “This is awesome.” She put her hands over what was supposed to be a heart and urged him to do the same. He placed his hands carefully on the beating heart and smiled in awe. They walked up the stairs and arrived at the mouth. The tongue was rolling down into a long slide. People were squealing with excitement as they slid down the tongue.

Luhan saw her uncertain expression. “Should we just use the stairs to go down?”

Yoonjung shook her head. “No, I want to try this. I’m just…not sure about what might be at the bottom since I can’t see a thing.” She peered inside.

“Here, I’ll go first. You can come afterward,” Luhan said.

“Are you sure?” Yoonjung asked.

Luhan nodded. “Yeah.” He sat down, and she waited expectantly behind him.

Luhan looked back. “If I don’t say anything…call 119.”

Yoonjung broke into laughter and lightly slapped his shoulder.

Luhan grinned and went downwards. Yoonjung waited for him to say something. When she heard nothing, she panicked. “Luhan? Are you all right?”

“No. I think I broke my leg,” he announced. “What?!” Her eyes widened in panic.

“Just kidding. It’s safe. Come down.” Luhan chuckled.

Yoonjung shot the slide a look. “Don’t scare me like that.” She sat down and took a deep breath. “I’m coming.”

“Okay. I’m at the end, so don’t be scared,” he comforted.

Here goes nothing, Yoonjung thought as she gave a slight push. She released a high-pitched squeal as she flew down the slide. She landed on the cushion and blinked in surprise that the ride was already over. Luhan held out his hands. Yoonjung took them, and he easily yanked her up into a stand. “Not bad, right?” “Yeah…it wasn’t bad at all.” She smiled.

They looked at a few more displays.

Luhan followed Yoonjung around to wherever she wanted to go and took pictures. Most of the photos were of her, and he vowed to keep some before allowing her to delete them. By the time they were done touring the entire museum, they were famished.

“Do you want to grab something to eat while we discuss which exhibit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter