His Hidden Feelings

Boys, Boys, Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-plgbne3cs

Lee Hongki: I'm Saying

--------------------------------------

The next day was Monday, which meant school, and school meant seeing Exo again.

Yoonjung tied her hair up into a bun and went downstairs.

Janggeun rushed up to greet her and her hand.

Yoonjung smiled and bent down to scratch his fur. “You always make a bad morning good, Janggeun. That’s why I love you.” She kissed his head and hugged his neck tightly.

“Good morning, sweetheart.” Her father came out of his study as he buttoned up the sleeves of his sky blue dress shirt and planted a kiss on her forehead. “Breakfast is ready. Come on.”

Yoonjung followed him, and Janggeun trotted behind her cheerfully. He knew she would give in and feed him some of her delicious morning bacon.

Yoonjung and her father sat at the table and began to eat. Yoonjung spread jelly on her toast and took a bite.

“How is your arm feeling?” He asked.

“It’s all right. I can’t wait to get the cast off though. It’s such a bother.” Yoonjung sighed. She felt something wet on her knee and looked down to see Janggeun staring pitifully up at her. She smiled and gave him a piece of her bacon off her plate.

“Don’t feed the dog like that. He shouldn’t eat human food, and you should eat as much protein a you can,” her father chided.

“It’s only one.” Yoonjung shrugged.

The doorbell rang, and she looked back.

“Come in!” Yoonjung called. She heard the door open and shut.

Janggeun raced forward to greet whoever it was. He barked up and down with jolly, and she knew it had to be one of her friends.

JB entered the kitchen with a box of donuts and coffee for all three of them. “Hello, ahjusshi,” he greeted as he patted Janggeun on the head and gave him a piece of dog jerky. “I didn’t forget you, Janggeun.”

“Oh my gosh! You’re a life saver!” Yoonjung took the food and coffee and drank the coffee right away.

Her father raised an eyebrow and glanced at both of them. “Are you two old enough to be drinking coffee like this?”

Yoonjung laughed. “Dad! We’re seniors in high school! Even people under our age drink coffee.”

Her father shrugged. “I’m just worried, that’s all. Come and join us, Jaebum.”

JB sat down and stole the last piece of Yoonjung’s bacon. She grabbed a glazed donut from the box and took a big bite. “This is so good.” It instantly put a smile on her face.

“You two are eating too much sugar in the morning.” Her father frowned worriedly.

“Try one, dad. You won’t regret it,” Yoonjung claimed.

Her father paused before grabbing one from the box. He took a bite and nodded. “Not bad. Maybe we can have donuts in the morning then.”

Yoonjung chuckled. “He loves it.”

JB smiled back and sipped his coffee.

“Let’s go, kids. I’ll drop you off on the way to work.”

JB and Yoonjung grabbed their backpacks and followed him to the car. They sat in the back and helped each other review for an upcoming test.

“We’re here,” her father announced. They stepped out of the car.

“Thanks, dad. I’ll see you tonight.” Yoonjung waved.

“Have a good day!” Her father waved and drove off.

“JB! Yoonjung!” Bambam and Yugyeom met up with them.

“Hey, guys.” Yoonjung beamed.

“What makes you smile so widely in the morning?” Yugyeom gave her a suspicious look.

“She had sugar and coffee.” JB smiled.

“What about us? We didn’t even eat breakfast!” Bambam whined. Yugyeom gave him a glare. “And whose fault was that?”

Bambam flinched. “I told you. My alarm clock didn’t work.”

“That’s because you dropped it in the water on purpose! You’re an idiot.” Shaking his head, Yugyeom went inside.

“That’s not fair! It was bothering me!” Bambam ran after him.

Laughing, Yoonjung and JB followed them.

The bell rang soon, and the four of them separated to go to their respective classrooms. Yoonjung spotted Kris and Luhan and tried her best to ignore them. Kris spotted her and raised an eyebrow. Then with a smirk, he stuck out his foot.

Yoonjung snagged her leg on it and gasped as she tumbled forward. An arm snatched out and caught her before she could fall.

Luhan jerked his head up and glared at Kris. “That wasn’t funny,” he hissed in Chinese.

Kris shrugged carelessly. “Bènzhuo.” (CLumsy.)

Luhan stared at him in warning before gently standing her up. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” Yoonjung muttered in embarrassment and scurried to her seat.

Kris chortled at her reaction, and Luhan frowned unhappily. Sometimes, Luhan thought his friend needed to grow up mentally.

The day dragged on, and soon, it was time for chemistry.

Yoonjung found her table and sat on the stool. The stool next to her was dragged out, and she turned her head to see Luhan. He looked at her, and she quickly turned her gaze back to the front. Mr. Kang entered the classroom with a cheerful expression. “Good day, class! I hope you had an excellent weekend! I heard the senior picnic was fabulous, and I’m sorry to say that I couldn’t make it!”

“Fabulous, my .” Kris rolled his eyes.

Mr. Kang clapped his hands together with a gleeful expression. “So today is a special day! We’re going to do an experiment to find the pH levels of different liquids. I hope you all read the chapter I asked you to read for homework this weekend. It will be quite useful in your lab today. Send one person from your table to come and get the ingredients.” The classroom buzzed as students went up.

Yoonjung got off her chair, but Luhan swiftly stood up. “I’ll get it.” He went up. Yoonjung, dazed by how quickly he had offered to help, sat back down and began to take out the beakers and test tubes they would need today.

Luhan came back with everything else they would need.

“Let’s start.” Yoonjung stood back up. He watched as she tried to measure the liquid into the beaker. His eyes flitted to her broken arm. Yoonjung gasped as some of the liquid splashed onto the table.

Luhan quickly took the beaker and liquid from her. “I’ll do it.”

“Sorry,” Yoonjung mumbled and grabbed a paper towel to clean the towel.

Luhan glanced again at her hand. Nonchalantly, he asked, “What happened to your arm?”

“It’s broken,” Yoonjung answered with an ‘isn’t-it-obvious’ look.

“How did you break it?” Luhan rephrased the question.

“I broke it during the fire at JYP,” she answered. He stopped pouring the liquid and looked at her.

“When the gas exploded, I was in the supply closet of the art room. The building shook, and the shelf collapsed on me,” Yoonjung explained in a low voice without meeting his penetrating gaze.

Luhan softened. “You must have been scared.”

“I was…but I don’t remember much after that. When I woke up, I was in the hospital,” Yoonjung replied.

Luhan gazed softly at her. Yoonjung suddenly felt embarrassed for exposing information about herself. “Um, let’s measure the pH now.” She reached for one of the glass measuring cups, but he gently took it from her. “I’ll do the physical work. You just write everything down.”

“I can help, you know. I’m not entirely broken.” Yoonjung frowned.

“I know that, but it just makes everything easier,” Luhan made up an excuse.

Yoonjung figured he was right and went along with it. They finished the experiment just before the bell rang.

“Don’t worry about the lab experiments. I’ll do them until your arm gets better. I’ll get the notes from you later.” Luhan grabbed his backpack and left.

Yoonjung curiously watched him leave. Was his kindness genuine, or was he tricking her? From what she knew of him so far, she assumed it was the first possibility. She felt bad for making him do most of the work, but she figured she would pay him back once her arm was all healed. Yoonjung packed up and headed to her next class.

The school day finally came to an end. Her friends had asked her to come with them to Club Playground, but she didn’t feel like going there today, so she started home instead. She stopped by the mart and got a few tubs of ice cream. She opened the gate to her home and entered the password.

The door clicked open, and she went inside.

Janggeun barked and bounded down the steps.

“Why are you coming from up there?” Yoonjung asked aloud. Then she saw a pair of male sneakers and looked at Janggeun. “He’s here, isn’t he?”

Janggeun barked in confirmation and wagged his tail back and forth. He sniffed the bag of ice cream, and she hugged it protectively against her chest. “Nope. This is for me and possibly the intruder in my bedroom.

Yoonjung took the ice cream to the kitchen. She opened up the tub of green tea ice cream and put the other cartons in the freezer. Yoonjung scooped ice cream into two bowls, put them on a tray, and carried them upstairs. Janggeun loped up after her and bumped into her.

“Watch it! You’re trying to make me trip and fall on purpose so that you can eat the ice cream, aren’t you?!” Yoonjung accused.

Janggeun her knee before trotting towa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter