A Very Bad Day

Jae Mi and her 7 Prince Charmings
Sunday Morning
 
    I woke up super early today , because ... My parents are coming back today ! I'm so excited ! Finally the two weeks has passed and my parents are coming back ! I couldn't help but to smile like crazy to myself when I think about this ! I couldn't believe that I will be seeing them again after such a long time in just a few hours time !
 
    I left IU in the room and went into the toilet to wash up and then went downstairs to have my breakfast . Doo Joon oppa had let me have a day off today because he knew that my parents are going to come home today ! So , now , I wouldn't need to rush to work !
 
    Jae Jin oppa has already gone to work and he said that he would go to the airport to fetch appa and umma back when he get off work . I can't wait to see appa and umma again ! I haven't seen them in a very long time ... I skipped into the kitchen to prepare my breakfast and I was listing down the things that I'm going to do later with appa and umma after they come back when suddenly the door bell rang .
 
    I wonder who is it ? Who would come so early in the morning ? Did appa and umma decided to come back earlier ? I ran excitedly to the door and opened it , smiling from ear to ear , and dissapointingly it wasn't my parents ... My smile disappeared , but it re-appeared again when I found out it was JunHyung oppa .
 
    JunHyung oppa was frowning and he looked angry ... Is something wrong ? " Did you expect someone else ? " He asked . Huh ? Someone else ? Oh ya , my parents ... I was about to answer his question when he walked pass me into the living room . What gotten into him today ?
 
    I closed the door and followed him inside . " JunHyung oppa , are you OK ? " I asked concernly with a smile . My mood is super good today ! 
 
    " Where were you yesterday ? " JunHyung oppa asked , ignoring my question . Where was I yesterday ? I was with ... HyunSeung oppa and his cousin , ChunJi ! Yup , that's it ! " I was with my friends , why ? "
   
    " Friends ? You sure ? " He asked again , seemingly irritated . I nodded slowly as an answer . What's wrong with him today ? Did I do something wrong ? Did I made him angry ? I didn't do anything wrong , right ? In my memory , I didn't ... " You lied . "
 
    " What ?! " I didn't get him ... What did he mean that I lied ?
 
    " You lied ! " He repeated , but this time he was fuming with anger . What happened ? I didn't lie ! " You were not with your friends ! You were with a boy ! "
 
    " That boy is my friend ! "
 
    " If he was , you wouldn't say that you were with your friends ! You were with him alone ! Not with you friends ! " JunHyung oppa yelled at me . I can feel tears forming , how could he accuse me ? I was with HyunSeung oppa and ChunJi !
 
    " I didn't lie ! " I shouted back in self-defence . Just then , I realised something else . This time , I asked in a softer voice , yet still angry with him for acussing me . " Wait , how did you know ? You followed me ? "
 
    " Yoseob and GiKwang wanted to go to the mall because Kim Hyun Jooong was going there for a promotion , and they wanted to support him since he was your cousin ! We went there and what did I saw ? I saw you with a boy holding hands ! " He continued .
 
    " I ... I was ... " I tried to explain , but he wouldn't listen and cut off my sentence " You were expecting him just now , aren't you ? Your smile disappeared once you saw it was me ! "
 
    " I wasn't expecting him ! He was just a friend ... " I shouted as tears rushed down onto my cheeks , I coudn't believe that he would suspect me of cheating on him ! How could he ? He didn't believe me ...
 
    " Just a friend ? You two were holding hands ! He even feed you ! How do you expect me to believe that he was just a friend ? " JunHyung oppa shouted at the top of his voice .
 
    " Believe it or not , we are just very normal friends ... " I said and I ran upstairs back to my room . I closed the door and sat down on the floor , crying . I heard JunHyung oppa bang the door closed so I guessed he had already left ...
 
    " Jae Mi ah ... Are you OK ? " IU asked concernly as she came to my side . " I can hear JunHyung and your argument from up here ... "
  
    " IU , I can't believe that JunHyung oppa suspect me of cheating on him ... I really didn't ... You must believe me ! He was just my friend ! " I complained to IU with tears still flowing down my cheeks . She nodded her head " Of course I believe you ... Don't cry Jae Mi ... Your parents are coming back remember ? You wouldn't want to meet them with red and puffy eyes right ? "
 
    IU is right ... I haven't seen my parents for so long and now that they are finally coming back , I shouldn't let that affect the mood of having my parents back ... I want to be happy infront of them . I should hold back my feelings about this incident , at least till I'm alone , when my parents isn't looking . I wiped away my tears and gave IU a weak smile . She then help me up and I went inside the toilet to wash my face . IU and I finished our breakfast and IU helped my prepare a dress for me to wear to welcome appa and umma back .
 
    After that , I went to the market to buy some delicious food back for appa and umma , I wanted to prepare a feast for them ... I finished buying whatever I need and started walking home . On the way back , I suddenly felt a drop of water fell onto my head . I looked up and it was raining .
 
    Oh no ! I didn't bring my umbrella ! Such bad luck ... Just as I'm wondering what to do , I felt a tap on my shoulder . I turned around to see ... the ertic robber ahjusshi ! What do he want now ? Had he been stalking me ? I blinked at him as the rain wet my hair .
 
    " It's you again ? Why is it always you ? Anyway , is your family rich ? " The ahjusshi asked with a evil grin on his face . Huh ? Is my family rich ? Why is he asking me this question ? I gave him a confused look and he continued " So , little girl , I'm intending to kidnapped you ! Robbing is not fun at all ! None of them bring much money , so I'm going to kidnap ! That way I can threatened a big sum of money from their families ! Ha ha ! Aren't I clever ? I know I am ! MAUHAHAHAHA !!! " He laughed out loud as he stretched his two hands out towards the sky . This ahjusshi sure is weird ...
 
    " Are you kidding me ?! KIDNAP ?!?! You sure ?! You will get caught and go to jail ! " I asked as I rubbed my eyes , the rain is starting to get into my eyes . " Oh , and I think you need to change your occupation soon ... again , cause you know , there's a lot of people here ... How are you going to kidnap me ? " I turned to look around the place , filled with running people in the broad day light , OK , maybe in the heavy rain , trying to find shelter .
 
    " But ... If I don't kidnap you , how am I going to find money for my lunch ? And dinner ? And breakfast tomorrow morning ? " He looked at me with pleading eyes . " Please let me kidnap you ... Or I'll go hungry ... "
 
    " Oh , wait , it's simple , if you want to find money , just go and find a job . You don't have to kidnap me . " I explained with a smile , trying to get away from this weird ahjusshi . I don't know if he's dangerous , but I need to get away soon . " Erm , anyway , I need to go now , you should go too , you are all wet , you will get sick like that ... Bye ! " I said as I started running towards the way home .
 
    Finally , after all that running in the rain , I reached home . I quickly opened the door and went inside . I saw IU talking on the phone with a depressed face . She turned to me once she saw me entered the house . " Jae Mi ah , Hyun Joong oppa ... needs to talk to you ... " IU sobbed . I wonder what is happening ...
 
    I slowly walked towards her and picked up the phone warily . " Hello , Hyun Joong oppa ... "
 
    " Jae Mi ah ... Your parents ... they ... they are dead ... " I heard Hyun Joong oppa said . WHAT ?! DEAD ?! How can they be dead ?! I mean , they are coming back today , right ?
 
    " Dead ?!?! What do you mean by dead ? " I asked , totally shocked . " Hyun Joong oppa , today's not april fool you know  , I wouldn't fall for your trick ... You are kidding me ... right ? " I asked hopefully with a forced laugh .
 
    " Jae Mi ah ... " Hyun Joong oppa paused for a long time before he continued . " Their plane ... fell into the ocean on the way back ... There's ... No survivors ... " My heart fell . I couldn't believe my ears , appa and umma are dead ?!?! How can they be ? There's no way I'm going to believe this ... They must be joking , they just wanted to make fun of me , right ?
 
    " Hyun Joong oppa , please , please tell me this is not the truth ... " I begged him as tears broke down on to my cheek like a running tap .
 
    " Jae Mi ah ... I'm ... I'm sorry ... They are really ... DEAD ... " I let the phone slipped out of my hand as I fell down to the ground . My legs no longer have the energy to support me anymore ... I stared at the floor as I started crying out loud . I couldn't take it anymore ...
 
    IU came to my side and hugged me tightly . " Are you OK ? " IU asked concernly . I looked up at her and gave her a forced smile . " Jae Mi ah ! " I heard her called out as she shake my body . I fell into her arms and everything out .
 
....................................................
 
    I slowly open my eyes and I saw IU , Jae Jin oppa , HyunSeung oppa and even Hyun Joong oppa by the side of my bed . They all rushed to my side when they saw me opening my eyes . " Jae Mi ah , are you OK ? " I heard Jae Jin oppa asked .
 
    I slowly nod my head and Jae Jin oppa continued " Don't worry Jae Mi , the doctor said that you fainted because you had a fever due to the rain ... " I slowly sat up and look at Jae Jin oppa " Oppa ... Appa and umma had ... " My tears tears broke out . I couldn't hold them in any longer ...
 
   Jae Jin oppa then moved forward and hugged me " Jae Mi ah , I know you feel sad , we all do , but you have to pick yourself up ... Appa and umma wouldn't want to see you like this ... " He isn't crying but he's eyes are watery . I know he's crying inside too , he just didn't want cry infront of me . He wanted to be the strong one to hold me up so that I will not collapse .
 
    " I know , but ... But I just couldn't ... control myself ... " I cried in Jae Jin oppa's embrace . I had waited for appa and umma to come back for such along time already , but in the end ? Why ? Why do they have to die ? I didn't even get to meet them for the last time ... I really couldn't come to the fact that my parents are dead , because it will be the biggest regret of my whole life . I soon fell asleep crying ...
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
    Today is a very bad day , I fought with JunHyung oppa , then I got caught in the rain without an umbrella , I even almost got kidnapped ! And now ? My parents died ? I really didn't want to believe in that , but I know I can't , I have to ...