final

[TAEKOOK] Tranquility ( Because Being With You Worth Everything )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The serene rustling sound of skin meeting soft bed sheets and the sound of breathing besides Jungkook’s sensitive right ear woke him up from his deep and comfortable slumber.

 

 

    A squint in the eyes, trying to adjust to the softly and slowly illuminated room because of the sunlight that drifted inside through the sliding door at the balcony of their room. Birds’ chirping made its way into his ear canals and he smiled to himself when he registered that he woke up to a perfect morning.

 

 

    Even more perfect when he still could feel a hand over his waist, hugging him from the back and warm heat radiated from the human he dearly love behind him. A face in the crook on the back of his neck, soft breath fanning his exposed skin and legs tangling together under the blankets.

 

 

    He instinctively held the hand on his torso and turned around slowly; don’t want the big baby to wake up yet, to look at the face that he wakes up to for the past 5 years and a half. Also the same face he’s been seeing at the every end of his day before he drifted into dreamland and anticipate for another day to come, doing the same thing, same routine all over again.

 

 

    The serene face of his love greeted his sight that was still adjusting to the natural lights in their shared room and Jungkook lifted his head and rested it on his left hand; and the hand still on his waist, he then slowly reached for the soft locks which was darker than mahogany but a bit light for black, caressed and gently scraping the scalp with his blunt nails, that earned a soft whine and hums from the human that still held him tight.

 

 

    A small smile graced his thin cute lips as the man in front of him unconsciously pouted his lips after some incoherent cute noises that he made ( of course unconsciously too ) slipped out. Jungkook couldn't resist the dear man in from of him and brought his face closer to place a chaste kiss on the latter’s perfect nose, not minding his own morning breath.

 

 

    Upon touching, the man who was in his deep sleep finally fluttered his eyes open, slowly looking at everywhere mindlessly until he registered the beautiful man in front of him, who’s looking cute by smiling widely even though his asset; bunny teeth, was still yet to show.

 

 

    A soft chuckle escaped his lips as he pulled Jungkook to him once again before comfortably burying his face into the latter’s almost chiseled chest, earning a soft breathy laugh from Jungkook; voice still hoarse from the lack of liquid in his throat but neither cares. The in his hair didn’t help him in waking up as that action was so enjoyed by him and he almost fell asleep again until a soft ‘Taehyung-ah’ made its way into his hearings.

 

 

    A hum answered Jungkook and the man looks down at his chest, looking at his love who’s still closing his eyes with a smile on his lips. He gently the cheek in his hold and tilted Taehyung’s chin to place a delicate kiss on the lips he became to love since the first day they’re together. Taehyung fluttered his eyes open for a slight second before he closed it back and just simply enjoy the morning kiss they shared. The grip he has on the younger’s slim waist tightened slightly, not letting the man in his hold go.

 

 

    Their shared kissing moments ended after a few minutes of lips moulding together with unending of love flowing from it and Jungkook and Taehyung only look at each other without saying anything. Each having a small smile decorating their still morning and swell faces but neither of them cared.

 

 

Not giving any sweats to care about the world, if they could have each other in the arms like this.

 

 

    “Morning, Kookie.”

 

 

    Taehyung said first as he weighs himself on his right arm and dipped again to retrieve a chaste kiss from Jungkook. Jungkook kissed him back willingly with a smile and slung his hands on the elder’s waist.

 

 

    This time, it was the younger’s turns to bury his face in his love’s chest and neck’s crook as he replied the elder with a soft ‘Good morning to you too, husband.’

 

 

    That earned a deep but still soft chuckle from Taehyung that rang perfectly in his partner’s ears. Taehyung put his hand on Jungkook’s waist again before he buried his face in the shiny black locks of the younger. Breathing in deep the scent of painfully sweet strawberry shampoo that he bought for him last week.

 

 

    “Don’t you have work today, Tae?”

 

 

    Jungkook asked. Voice muffled because of Taehyung’s chest and the elder continues the younger back lightly; a habit that he picked up since they got married, and he ignored the goosebumps that made its way onto Jungkook’s porcelain body as they had enough action for the both of them the night before and Taehyung didn’t want to tire Jungkook and his own body out when both of them have a job to attend to.

 

 

    “I do.” He simply answered as he dip down to place butterfly kisses on Jungkook’s temple and ears, earning soft mewls from the man in his arms. He stopped for a second after he kissed Jungkook’s chubby cheeks and high cheekbones and they stared for a while.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    All of the years worth being together through thick and thin, good and bad, happy and sad flashes before their eyes and both of them know that it’s worth it and certainly having no regrets to go for another thousand years together —or maybe eternity.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    “I love you, baby.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

    The younger’s apple cheek pinked upon hearing the nickname his husband used on him. Breath fanned on Jungkook’s lips before their lips gently met and moulded together again —for the umpteenth times since they first dated.

 

 

    The kiss ended pretty soon and Jungkook replied to Taehyung’s love earlier; I love you too, idiot.

 

 

    Both of them then got up, Taehyung goes straight into the bathroom for a shower and Jungkook who’s job was a bit later than his husband’s walked into the kitchen downstairs to cook some pancakes for both of them.

 

 

    Only after he completed in serving the foods on the plates and cutlery being put on the table neatly that Taehyung walked into the kitchen, who was already clad perfectly in his designer suits with an undone tie. Sleek deep and dark brown hair, face afresh and looking handsome as usual.

 

 

    Instinctively, Jungkook walked to Taehyung and redo the tie around his husband’s neck, a soft kiss placed on his right cheek when he’s done as a reward.

 

 

    They eat enjoyably despite the time that’s ticking, slowly leaving Taehyung behind his actual time he was supposed to arrive at his office but being one of the important men in the company after all the years of struggling, he can always get away with it. Taehyung’s hard work, numb , cramped fingers and dried sweats finally paid off when the elder got promoted last year and the couple have been living a very good life —much better than the life before.

 

 

    With the help of Jungkook who’s giving dancing techniques class and vocal lessons to the trainees and idols in an entertainment company pays well too and that only brings much more prosperity and easiness into their life in living together, going through their marriage and handling all things together, dependently even when they are still at a young age —Taehyung’s 25 and Jungkook’s 23.

 

 

 

 

 

 

    “Drive safely, Tae. Will you come back home on time for dinner, tonight? Because I think I can somehow manage to come home early today.”

 

 

Jungkook who was holding Taehyung’s briefcase; like any other days, asked the elder by the door as Taehyung was tying the laces of his shiny leather shoes. The elder looked up at him from the floor he’s sitting and nodding eagerly before Jungkook offered a hand, pulling his husband onto his feet.

 

 

    “The meeting’s cancelled so I can come home early. And you too, Kookie. Drive safely.” 

 

 

Taehyung said softly and he stared down at his husband. A peck on the cheek, a peck on the forehead and a peck on Jungkook’s lips, Taehyung finally stepped out of their house and got into his sedan.

 

 

    “I will.” The younger answered short as he waved at Taehyung —the elder only smiled widely, until the sedan was out of his sight.

 

 

    Jungkook closed the door and went inside, finally to get ready for his own job.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    “Done.”

 

 

    Taehyung saved the file that he just finished typing on earlier and quickly send it to his other shared members. He sat himself comfortably and was about to crack his fingers from the cramp and exhaustion he got from typing and sitting straight for a long time when a series of knocks was heard from his door.

 

 

    “Come in.” He consented the human behind the door to enter his office. Taehyung immediately cracked a smile when the person who came in was Park Jimin, who’s just got transferred to this branch; which is under Kim Taehyung’s command and supervision, because he was promoted last week—no other than his friend since elementary school.

 

 

    “Hey, boss. Can I sit?”

 

 

    Jimin who was clad in a black suit and styled raven black hair came in with a trademark smile of his, casually strode over to in front of Taehyung’s table and sit his own down on the single couch even though he’s just been working under his new boss for an approximately a week.

 

 

    “I see you already sit yourself down. What’s up?” Taehyung asked as he gathered his files and documents on the table and keep it neatly in its respective places on the cupboard behind him.

 

 

    “Great! Me and Yoongi has been fine like always. How’s you and Jungkook?”

 

 

    The guy in front of him looking as bright as ever. Looking so interested and eyes shining like he has always been. Taehyung chuckled at his best friend’s still childlike personality and propped his head on his right hand.

 

 

    “Well. . . We got married last three years and things escalated a lot more fine since then.” Taehyung concluded.

 

     His cute box smile was showcased, very visible in Jimin’s eyes that his best friend is indeed proud and happy with that one achievement in his life. He couldn’t be more happier for his friend.

 

 

    But Jimin’s jaw was about to drop when he registered the ‘we got married’ part. Taehyung just stared at his friend with his still wide grin.

 

 

    “You got married?! How come I didn’t get invited?”

 

 

    Jimin was half screaming at his own boss. Even though he wanted to scream so badly but the thought that they were still in the office, it would probably be a bad idea.

 

 

    “We got married in America since Jungkook’s was still in his training period at his dance academy at that time. Don’t worry, it’s just a small wedding with only family invited. You were not left out, big guy.”

 

 

    Taehyung reached across the table that separated them and patted the shock boy’s head. Jimin still staring at Taehyung in disbelief for a few more seconds before he snapped himself out of it.

 

 

    “So, are you still with Yoongi hyung?” The boss finally asked. The question only induced a more wider grin from Jimin and Taehyung could only smile back because he’s happy that their relationship is still going on until now —he could already predicted that when Jimin’s grin got brighter for another thousands watts.

 

 

    “Yeah! Guess what?! We’re engaged.” The man jumped up and down on the couch he’s sitting on —so much for a grown-up man, and almost shove his hand on Taehyung’s face to show his engagement ring. Taehyung admired it for a few moments and lightly push the hand away from his precious face.

 

 

    “Yoongi hyung sure do have a great taste in everything.” He complimented —sincerely. Jimin’s nostrils flared as he patted his chest twice.

 

 

    “That explains why I’m his fiancée.”

 

 

    Jimin sure do proud talking about it. Taehyung faked a gag before both of them laughed at Jimin’s joke. He’s still the old Jimin; Taehyung thought —glad.

 

 

    “Hey, man. I think Yoongi will really wanna meet you and Jungkook if he knew that I finally meet you again. Mind coming to our house for a dinner sometimes?”

 

 

    The boss didn’t need to think much as he nodded eagerly and show his trademark box smile again.

 

 

    “Of course! I’m sure Jungkook misses his Yoongi hyung so much.” Taehyung’s heart almost swells from the thought of Jungkook being happy than he already is.

 

 

    “And we have a lot of things to catch up too, man. Five years of no news or anything from both of you, I would like to know too ya know.” Jimin said as he’s flailing his toned arms in the air and Taehyung only agreed to whatever his best friend wanted because simply, things never changed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They never changed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    “Okay boss. I wouldn’t want to stop you from going home now. I’ll continue my work.” The cheery male got up. Taehyung nodded his head once.

 

 

    “Nah, it’s okay man. Jungkook’s still at his vocal class right now. I’ll only decline you from taking my time if he’s already at home.”

 

 

    “Ay, wouldn’t want the love of your life to wait for you to come home, eh?” The man teased Taehyung and Taehyung only replied Jimin’s remarks with a wave and a bonus of a roll of his sharp eyes, contrasting with the proud smile plastering on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Of course. Who’s willing to let that beautiful man waiting alone at home for you?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter