1/1

Relax

There were many times where Jessica would think to herself and wonder why she didn’t go into an easier major. Of course every major has its parts that make it hard but nursing wasn’t ever a walk in the park. She sat in lectures all day learning about different things that were going on in her body at that moment. It would be nice to think that if she missed even a second of the lecture she’d be fine, but every piece of information is valuable. She also can’t stand to get kicked out of the program that she worked so damn hard to get into.

The school year had only started two weeks ago and she was already reserving her spot in the library and skipping meals to read her massive textbooks. What is a social life? She would think when she’d take a break to stretch every so often. This was her time to scroll through her instagram and twitter catching up on her friends drinking because of their hard days and thankful for the weekend. Damn business majors, she thought bitterly as a picture of Sunny came on her screen.

Even though she was insanely jealous of the college experience that everyone was having, she was content knowing she could go back to her home and have Tiffany waiting for her, likely in her underwear. She’d drop her backpack and walk over to the couch dropping down next to Tiffany asking her how her day was. Before she could talk though, she’d grab her chin, turning her, so she could give her a nice kiss. Then Tiffany would laugh and start telling her about her day making Jessica feel like she had been there too.

It wasn’t that Jessica didn’t find time to still go out with her friends and be with her girlfriend it was just…stressful majority of the times. Sitting in lectures all day, taking notes, going to the library, taking more notes, just carrying those books around all day was annoying. Though she did enjoy the massages that Tiffany would give her to help her relax. Majority of the time Jessica was the boring one in the relationship always studying, in class, or sleeping.

That night Jessica was feeling extra bad, she had been studying all day for an exam at the end of the week and still felt she needed another week to feel even close to ready. As she dragged her backpack up the stairs to the apartment she was surprised to find Tiffany sitting on the top step in nothing but a tank top, spandex, and her Birkenstocks.

“Did you forget your key? Why didn’t you text me I would’ve come home and let you in!” Jessica let go of her bag after leaning it against the wall and reached out to cup Tiffany’s face; as she showed concern on her own. Tiffany laughed putting her hands over Jessica’s giving them a squeezing as she pulled them from her face.

“No silly, I was waiting on you.” Jessica raised an eyebrow looking Tiffany over then looked around in alert

“No one tried to hit on you did they? Cause you aren’t wearing anything, literally.”

“No, no, even if they did I would kick their !” Tiffany let go of Jessica’s hands to hold up her fist.

“Yea, sure, but let’s go inside, I still have reading to do and you are already distracting me.” Jessica kissed Tiffany’s nose, then grabbed her backpack and started to pull it the rest of the way to their apartment.

“No, no, no, missy, we’re going somewhere.”

“What?”

“Yes, ma’am, so drop that inside and come with me.”  She looked so excited Jessica didn’t have the heart to argue.

 

-x-

 

“So, where are we going exactly?” Jessica asked for what had to be the hundredth time. Tiffany looked so nervous as she drove around trying to make sure she didn’t miss an exit.

Jessica couldn’t exactly recognize where they were so she hoped that they weren’t going somewhere to be killed. It wasn’t often that Tiffany would take the lead and drive them around, so she was a little shocked to find Tiffany insisting that they would take her car out this time. She kind of liked being the one not having to drive for once. It gave her a moment to take in the view, aka Tiffany.

She honestly did have a very beautiful profile. Jessica couldn’t help but think about placing kisses all around her jaw and down her neck feeling it vibrate as she spoke. Then maybe kissing her lower, and lower –

“AH! Here we are!” Tiffany exclaimed excitedly parking the car and unbuckling both of their seatbelts.

“Wait, where are we?!” Jessica looked around wildly as Tiffany hopped from the car and ran around to her side opening the door.

“You ma’am, work too hard and need a break, seriously. Soooo, we are going to do something fun to make you not think about a patients cell count for once.” Tiffany grabbed her hand pulling to get her out of the car.

Jessica was hesitating not liking the fact that she had no idea at all what was going on. Maybe it was because normally she would be in the know…and that she liked being more in control while Tiffany was more of a free spirit. She did get out of the car though and they walked through some tree until they finally reached a clearing and Jessica pieced together what they were doing there.

Before she could clarify though, Tiffany slid her feet out of her shoes and pulled off her tank top – leaving her in a bra and spandex – and pulled her hair from the ponytail that it had been in and ran towards the water jumping in. Jessica stood still in shock of what just happened a million thoughts going through her head; starting with wondering if this water was safe to be in.

“COME ON!!” Tiffany yelled waving her over.

“You are crazy!” Jessica yelled back eyeing the water like something was going to come and snatch her at any second.

“No, you are seriously stressed and need to let go!! So take your clothes off and let me see that y of yours!!!” Tiffany whistled making Jessica blush.

Honestly she hadn’t really taken a good look at her body in a while since she’s been busy always taking quick showers and getting to bed fast. She wasn’t sure if she was confident enough to be jumping into water with practically no clothes on. Though watching Tiffany, as she seemed like she was having the time of her life, and had taken the time to think of Jessica who was always missing out on fun; Jessica couldn’t deny her.

“Oh, what the hell.” Jessica said to herself as she kicked off her shoes and started stripping earning herself more catcalls from Tiffany. When she was down to her bra and underwear she did a quick prayer hoping they don’t die from being in this water before running in.

Her head was underwater for a few seconds but in those few seconds she felt relaxed and as peace. She wasn’t thinking about nursing school and all of her reading or her friends who were constantly nagging her about never seeing them; or the student bills she had to find ways to pay. Jessica was always stressing out about something but being with Tiffany she was always relaxed no matted what. This was something she wouldn’t think to do in a million years, since it’s such a movie cliché. But she was in the present and thinking about nothing but the beautiful girl that was smiling at her when she resurfaced.