DAY 8-12: Singing the Blues

House of 20's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MEDIA PLAY AND NETIZEN BUZZ

  IDOLS DOMINATE WEEK 2 TASK IN HOUSE OF 20'S 1. MBC is obviously promoting the holy idol trinity for the Big 3. I hate that mere idols like Taeyeon, Suzy and GD are overshadowing nation's prides Kim Yuna and Park Taehwan in this show. Editors and PDs, please listen to us viewers! Make sure next week's task is sports-related! 2. Do not underestimate Yuna and Soohyun's contribution. They are singing their hearts out too, and to be honest, Soohyun's voice is nicer in the ear than GD's.   HOUSE OF 20'S CONTINUE TO BE G-DRAGON-BIASED 1. Why is it always G-Dragon this, G-Dragon that? This is not the GD show! There are ten other housemates. Please give equal screen time to the others! 2. Is it GD's fault that he and those close with him are the only ones doing something interesting inside? Admit it, the others are boring! Suzy's cuteness, GD and Taeng's love line, GD and Yuna's sibling relationship are the life of this otherwise boring show.   TAEYEON AND G-DRAGON, TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT? 1. It's like a must to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner beside each other, greet each other good morning first and good night last, sing at least one duet song in the noraebang together. They're forcing the love line. 2. Seriously, how on Earth does a woman who asked someone outside to wait for her able to sleep on another man's bed? Kim Taeyeon has no shame and self-respect at all. 3. People are overacting. They did not sleep together, nor was there any skinship. She just fell asleep in GD's bed, simple as that. 4. That XX is That Someone.     *     THE GARDEN, 10:04 AM  

I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now

 

As Taeyeon immersed herself to the music, she found herself transported once more in a world of emotions, a place where her past haunted every second of her present. Ever since the Noraebang task came to play, her emotions that have been bottled up for so long were suddenly uncorked, opening a pandora's box. The plethora of memories erupted, overpowering her rational and logic. Taeyeon got lost in the music, like she always did. But for the first time in a long time, the lid of the pandora's box was opened. Now she was drowning in the past that she has long since buried. 

 

It also didn't help that the lyrics of the song she was currently singing expressed exactly what was in her heart. Slowly, the hotness covered her eyes. She knew that soon, she would give in to the emotions.


I heard that your dreams came true
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you

 

"Omo! Unnie, why did you pick this song?" the very soft and innocent Kim Yuna muttered, covering her eyes. 

 

The girls were sat in the veranda couch, eating a late-afternoon snack while they watched Taeyeon's turn in the noraebang. Soon, Korea's best figure skater started crying silently, and as Taeyeon watched the young woman's breakdown, she found herself broken as well. It's because Yuna's pain about first love, her words of heartache that created such a viral sensation in South Korea, reflected Taeyeon's thoughts as well. Like Kim Yuna, her first love caused her misery, tears, pain, bitterness.

 

"Don't cry now Yuna-baby. Aigoo, why do you keep crying?" Soojoo teased and asked, the first to notice  that the national athlete was now crying. She took her in her arms, and consoled her, "I'm sure the people outside are now calling you the nation's crybaby."

 

But Yuna continued to silently breakdown in her unnie's arms. Taeyeon, meanwhile, got   more immersed singing Adele's very popular global pop song.

 

"Love hurts, doesn't it? It's just the way of life," the matured and softspoken Moon Geunyoung consoled.

 

Oh how Taeyeon knew that way of life. She lived it for so long that it was as if the pain was a part of her very existence.

 

Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light

 

"I don't deserve this! How can you do this to me?" I shouted, throwing every piece of decor I could grab. I didn't care if all the things I was throwing were newly bought for this new villa I purchased. All I cared for now was to hurt him how much as he hurt me. "You promised me. YOU PROMISED ME!"

 

He bucked for every throw I made, and he kept shaking his head, saying, "I didn't do anything--"

 

"I HATE YOU! I CAN'T BELIEVE I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING!"

 

"YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE ME TAEYEON!"

 

When he shouted too, I was unnerved. He also found the nerve to shout back at me. The reality was overwhelming me, and I felt unable to cope. I wanted everything to go away, to disappear, including him. I wanted him gone just so I could cope. I stopped throwing things at him, and I found myself surrendering to the ground, crying my heart out. 

 

I hate to turn up out of the blue, uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it

 

I allowed myself to tear up for a couple of seconds, and then I captured my head with my hands, running my fingers through my hair. I was breaking down pitifully on my own floor. Then I felt him sit on the ground with me. When he touched me, I lost it all.

 

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" I screamed, pushing him away that he lost control on the ground too. I saw that he was crying, but his tears weren't enough. "GET OUT OF MY LIFE!"

 

I saw the disbelief cover his eyes. This was the first time I ever expressed my need for him to disappear in my life. He asked, "Is that what you really want?"

 

"Yes." I was firm. That's what I needed just so the pain could stop. I needed my heart to stop breaking, or I would die.

 

"You're letting your jealousy and insecurities eat you up alive," he slowly explained, looking at me who was looking back just as fiercely. He was in tears, and so was I. Both of us were sat on the floor of my house, hurting. "You're blinded by your paranoia that you won't even listen to me, or see the truth, or think rationally. Since when did you become like this Taeyeon?"

 

"Since you cheated on me," I answered with contempt.

 

I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me, it isn't over

 

The hotness around Taeyeon's eyes now resulted to the tears pouring out. She had been doing a great job controlling the true tears in the last few days when she sung. But for some reasons, today, as she sang this song, the memories became so sharp and vivid. They replayed in her thoughts as clear as how it truly happened. She snapped. For the first time since the noraebang machined arrived, Kim Taeyeon truly broke down with the music.

 

It's over, of course it's over. It should be over by now...

 

"Omo, is Taeyeon unnie crying too?" Suzy observed, telling the other girls of what she saw. Taeyeon heard the females talk about her. Should she turn away and wipe her tears? No, that would make it obvious. She decided to just go with the flow instead of allowing more meaning to be put into it.

 

God Taeyeon, stop getting carried away. 

 

"Aniyo, she just sings like that," Geunyoung said to her defense, making her a little bit relieved. "She's always been known for her emotional singing. It can move anyone, really. I feel like I want to cry too!"

 

Why am I still crying this much?

 

Pretty soon, Suzy and Geunyoung broke down in tears too with Taeyeon's emotional delivery. 

 

"Aigoo, my little girls are all moved to tears. Taeyeon-ah, your voice and singing are truly daebak!" Park Soojoo praised, to which Taeyeon just smiled too as she continued singing. "Stop it sisters. Unnie doesn't want to be the one with the heart of stone."

 

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you, too
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter