DAY 1: Roommates

House of 20's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

House of Twentysomethings Rules

Obey the elders and production staff. Do not remove the lapel microphones, unless otherwise told by the Elders and production staff. Use of sign language, written communication and whispering are strictly prohibited and will result to immediate eviction. Respect your housemates, Elders and production staff. Participate in all the daily activities and weekly tasks, unless health forbids. Lack of enthusiasm and participation would result to disciplinary actions. Always act with thought, respect, and sensitivity for the entities outside the house.

 

---

 

"Good evening South Korea! Yoo Jaesuk imnida. Tonight, we send our ten young icons inside the house. As you can see, all of them are currently blindfolded as they are escorted towards their new home for the next three and a half months. With me outside the grandest house in Seoul are my co-hosts in this new show, Park Myungsoo and Jung Hyungdon!"

"Hello Korea! Park Myungsoo imnida!

"I hope our viewers are well, Jung Hyungdon imnida!"

"Together, we are the Council of the Elders who will guide our youngins inside the house. Please show us your blessing!" Yoo Jaesuk added.

(CHEERS OF THE LIVE AUDIENCE)

"Aaaaaahhh these are all heavyweight celebrities," Park Myungsoo commented. "Suzy, Kim Yuna, G-dragon, wow! This house must weight tons now with the amount of the nation statuses inside. Our nation's first love, nation's fairy, nation's younger brother, nation's younger sister, nation's girl group leader, nation's boy group leader, waaaaaaahhhh. These are all celebrities with millions of fans!"

Jung Hyungdon then shared, "That's why a crowd of 10,000 are gathered around us right now because this morning, after we fetched the housemates from their respective entertainment companies..."

(CUTS OF HOUSEMATES BEING PICKED UP, BLINDFOLDED, AND ENTERING THE ARTIST VAN TOWARDS THE HOUSE)

"...we leaked their identities to the press! In under eight hours of news circulation, the fans of these young celebrities formed a guerilla crowd with us here tonight. Welcome kids! Who is your Ultimate Icon?"

(UNINTELLIGIBLE SCREAMS)

"Up to this very minute, none of the housemates know each other. How will these twentysomethings react at the sight of each other? Myungsoo, Hyungdon, what do you think?"

Park Myungsoo answered, "I think they would all be surprised. Some of them are known to be friends in real life, like Suzy and Kim Soohyun (CHEERS) and G-dragon and Park Soojoo (CHEERS). But the rest, I don't think they've ever met."

"Who are you most interested in?"

"Of course our nation's fairy, Kim Yuna. This is her first variety show appearance since she debuted as an athlete. Are you excited for Kim Yuna?" Jung Hyungdon asked the crowd.

(CHEERS)


---


Meanwhile, inside the house, all the ten housemates have been successfully escorted to their spot in the living room couch. They were all still blindfolded, drowned in the silence of the house, as well as the lighting of the well-lit and well-surveilled home. All ten celebrities were made up as if they were attending a grand awards ceremony. The flashiest of them all was the fashion icon, G-Dragon. He dyed his hair pink, wore a flashy Louis Vuitton ensemble from head to toe, his Chrome Hearts, Ambush, and Chow Tai Fook jewelries more than the other nine celebrities combined. His every moved caused a blinging sound that captured the attention of all the other housemates. 

Kwon Jiyong, aka G-Dragon, however, strangely got nervous. He could have sworn he heard a familiar sigh beside him. Who was the housemate sitting beside him? Why did her sigh sound so familiar, as if he's heard it all his life?

"Hello kids, this is your elder, Yoo Jaesuk. How is everyone?"

"Jaesuk hyung?"

"Yoo Jaesuk?"

"Nation's MC Yoo?"

The young celebrities all wondered, hearing each other's voice for the first time. When the one beside Jiyong said, "We're fine Jaesuk oppa," he felt more nervous. There shan't be any mistaking with that voice. That calming voice. Could it be...

"You may now remove your blindfold, look around you to familiarize yourself with your housemates, and meet me via the flatscreen TV in front of you."

Without further ado, Jiyong removed his blindfold, his accessories making so much noise. The first thing he did was look to his right, because the familiar sigh and the familiar voice came from there. The lady took time to remove her blindfold, and her blonde hair was similar to the shade that every other female celebrity wore. He needed to see her face to confirm.

While the other housemates already looked around to meet one another, Jiyong became fixated to his seat mate.

"Taeyeon unnie?" someone said, and this was the lady just beside Jiyong. 

Holy , what is she doing here? Oh god, I have to turn my back on this or we'd be found! Kiko's going to watch this. . . ! 

Jiyong's heart beat so wildly, because this was much unexpected. YG sent him here blind, unknowing of what to expect, of who to expect. All he was told was that he needed to project a brotherly image and showcase his good leadership to get the public's approval. He knew he would live inside a house with 200 cameras, disconnected from the outside world for 100 days. He knew he would undergo tests, tasks, challenges. But he didn't know that SNSD's leader would be a part of this too. Suddenly, all his plans melted down.

He accepted the project to get to the public's good books, and to let the public know of his burning passion and true love for Mizuhara Kiko, an entity that the Korean netizen just hated for now. Jiyong thought that if he talked about her in a good light, if he told of her stories showing her kindness and purity of heart, that they would learn to accept her. But Kim Taeyeon's appearance just messed up Jiyong's hidden agenda.

"Taeyeon unnie, oh my god I'm so happy!" the person who kept shouting was Bae Suzy of miss A. The nation's first love was sat just beside Jiyong, and she was excitedly jumping up and down from her chair, reaching out to Taeyeon. "G-Dragon sunbae, you're here too! I'm so glad I'm not the only idol. Hello sunbaes!"

Suzy was extra-enthusiastic, and so were the other housemates like Kim Soohyun and Kim Woobin. But G-Dragon was still fixated on that one housemate that ruined all his plans for this broadcast production.


---


"We can see that you are all surprised with each other's presence. Housemates, meet your fellow housemates and get to know each other very well. They will be your friends, teammates, and roommates for the next 100 days inside this house."

Surprised? Surprised?! Oh shoot, Baekhyun will see this. What should I do? Is it too late to turn away? Oh my God, help me!

Taeyeon was calmly and silently panicking, although all she wanted to do was shout and walk away. The fate was testing her. Not only was G-Dragon here inside the house, participating in this revolutionary MBC television show, he was also sat beside her, and he was looking at her as if there was no other housemate existing!

Back off Kwon, or the viewers will get suspicious. Oh my God. This can't be happening!

Good thing Suzy was being enthusiastic, as this gave Taeyeon the opportunity to get out of Jiyong's piercing gazes. He hated his presence here. Not only did it make her stomach jump, it also made her heart crash to the floor with nervousness. Now her plans for inside the house was ruined, because Jiyong's constanct appearance in her life would con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter