1LDK

Please log in to read further chapters

Description

Chanyeol always wonders why, despite the thick walls and rock music playing in the background, he can always hear his neighbor's y moans every midnight.

Foreword

 

Plotline

1LDK - a one room apartment with a living, dining and kitchen area.

The only one thing Baekhyun and Chanyeol shared in common is the fact that they both lived in a 1LDK, as neighbors. Their personalities, though, are complete opposites. In which Chanyeol is a devoted boyfriend and heartthrob of SM University, Baekhyun loves partying and making out with hot strangers. Due to the differences, they tend to avoid each other despite the fact that they're always so close. However, an unexpected occurrence one day brought these two together, when they discovered a breach in their apartment, connecting both their rooms, and - possibly - their hearts as well.

 

⦁  ⦁  ⦁

About

Title: 1LDK
Pairing: Baekhyun/Chanyeol
Genre: romcom, slice of life
Length: chaptered
Warning: references to , and cuss words. but no .


⦁  ⦁  ⦁

 

Excerpt

There's nothing more disturbing than Baekhyun's moans.

Chanyeol stared at his wrist watch with a look filled with concern. It's about time now, he thought while flipping through the pages of his chemistry textbook. He sincerely hoped that Baekhyun wouldn't be returning home tonight, considering tomorrow is his semester exam and he can't be bothered by distractions while he's studying. Baekhyun is the guy living next door to him, also a student at his university, only a different major (he's taking business economics, as Chanyeol recalled). Although the medical and business faculty are also neighbors, Baekhyun and Chanyeol never actually talked to one another, in spite of the fact that the two of them lived right next to each other and shared some mutual friends. The latter didn't know the exact reason why, but he guessed that they just won't 'click'.

As he was highlighting important sentences on his textbook with his blue highlighter, he heard the noises he wished he wouldn't hear for the night.

The clinging sound of keys bumping with each other, some giggle and the door unlocking.

Baekhyun is back home.

"Yah! You er!" He heard Baekhyun cursed, followed by laughters and some tippy footsteps.

Chanyeol groaned, covering his ears with both his palms due to the noise outside his room. Scenes like this happens all the time, Baekhyun would always bring different guys home every midnight for . Well, maybe not everyday, but it's just too often that 'everyday' seemed appropriate. This was the only reason why Chanyeol wished Baekhyun wouldn't return home. He's too noisy, and disturbing. Ocassionally, the brown-haired shortie would stay over at his partner's house - or maybe a love hotel - but apparently that day was not today.

The only thing Chanyeol could do during times like this, was to distract himself from all the noises by playing some loud rock music of his favorite rock singers like Kurt Cobain and Elton John. But even then, sometimes Baekhyun's loud moans could pass through the music, and Chanyeol would only relinquish. He's not gay, so listening to a guy's moan was not a turn on.

Another cry of pleasure entered his ears, this time it a pretty loud one.

Chanyeol sighed and mentally facepalmed himself. How can he concentrate studying now? He slammed his book shut and decided that he should just sleep. If he couldn't study anyway, at least sleeping would be a better option. He was thankful he studied a lot yesterday and this morning too, so he's pretty much prepared.

"I'm going to !" He heard the boy shout a moment later.

. . . 

Chanyeol has a habit of spending a good amount of time just staring at his ceiling before he sleeps, and he couldn't help but think about why the leaves change color, why girls wear high heels and just generally spend a lot of time dressing themselves up, and why, despite the thick walls (he was pretty sure his apartment's walls are really thick and supposedly soundproof, based on Jongin's testimony) and loud rock music playing in the background, he can always hear his neighbor's moans every midnight. And Chanyeol, being the devoted boyfriend, could never understand the reason why Baekhyun settles for one night stands, when being in love is much more enticing than a -based relationship.

Maybe this was the reason why they could never be friends.

They're just too...

Different.  

 

Author's Notes

Hi! I'm back and I have a new fanfic for you! This is a light, romantic drama ft. Baekyeol <3 ^^
English is not my first language so please bear with my grammar (i at past and present tense) ;_; Comments and feedbacks are loved! <3 Thank you so much for your time :)