#009 Out There

She's My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Remember the day when students of the Left Wing go out from their grounds?

Today is that very day and Hana’s very excited to get out even just for a day. She missed the outside world. She missed strolling along the shopping districts and she missed going to her favourite cake shop.

She brushed the hair off of her face and fixed her jacket. Since it’s autumn, it was beginning to get cold. Checking her shoes, she smiled with satisfaction before getting out of her room. “Morning~” Woohyun greeted her with a very cheerful tone. “Morning~” she replied, running towards him. Among Kai’s friends, Kyungsoo and Woohyun were closer to her.

Woohyun makes her feel comfortable just like Kyungsoo. She doesn’t know why but maybe it’s because he’s just childish and just acts like a younger brother to her-taking in mind that Woohyun’s just a little younger than her. “You want one?” he asked, handing her a can of warm coffee. Smiling, she reached for it. Sehun came out from the dormitory looking like he just woke up. He yawned and stared blankly at Hana. She’s never been comfortable with him or with L. She’s really thankful that Woohyun-her self-declared number one fanwas with her.

L came out with his hands in his pockets. Still half asleep, he made his way towards Sehun. Woohyun and Hana started walking to the main building where all students were supposed to assemble. There, Yumi was already waiting for them. Hana immediately ran towards her, clinging to her friend.

Excited chatters from students could be heard. The noise suddenly stopped when TOP and Sunny stepped in front of them all. “Everyone, when you get out, make sure that you’ll come back on time. Exactly 6 PM, you should be here. Don’t use your Alice if not necessary. If anyone makes trouble outside, I will deep fry you” TOP warned the students.

Sunny hit his arm like she was saying that ‘you’re going overboard’. “For today, in order to have order, you should be with your buddy…or shall I say…your PARTNERS in Alice Training” she told the students, garnering mixed reactions.

Hana’s heart sank like the Titanic. It would mean that she will be with Kai…for the whole day. Her hopefully ‘girl-date’ with Yumi was shattered.

Everyone was pairing up and was standing with their partners. Hana was left alone…again. She looked around, trying to look if Kai’s around. It looked like he’s not there. “What’s with the long face?” Kyungsoo asked, patting her head. She looked at him with a surprised expression. His voice really melts her everytime she hears it.

“Kai’s a little late but he’ll come” he assured her as if reading her thoughts. She just nodded then looked at Kyungsoo’s back as he walked towards his partner.

Sunny who was standing while looking at them, pursed her lips tightly. Taeyeon nudged her lightly. “What’s wrong?” she asked. Sunny shook her head with a smile. “Nothing…it’s just that something’s really interesting” she replied.

Kai dragged himself towards the main building, trying not to put on fire anyone who pushes him while making his way. He found himself just meters away from Hana. He couldn’t even pull himself to call her by her name. “Oi, seaweed” he called for her but Hana looked like she didn’t hear it.

Hana was surprised by Sunny when she suddenly popped out of nowhere. “I said you should be with your partners and not be alone, right?” she asked, trying to sound like she was nagging but in a cute way. “My partner’s still not-”

“Oh, Kai” Sunny cut her off, looking at someone just behind Hana’s back. She looked back and found Kai staring at them. “Now, off you go~” Sunny cheerfully said as she pushed Hana hard enough towards Kai, making her end up on Kai’s warm arms.

They both glared at their childish teacher who was smiling like a crazy person. Hana stepped back, pulling herself away from his warm arms. Kai cleared his throat while looking away. “Now that you all got partnered up, you can go. Just don’t forget the rules, okay?” TOP reminded them again.

They all started walking towards the gate when TOP called for Kai’s attention. Kai turned to him with an irritated expression on his face. “I’m warning you…I’ll really fry you if you do something dangerous outside the campus”

“I got it” Kai nodded half-heartedly as he showed his hand with a new silver ring-a Limiter.

“Hana, don’t get hurt. Just punch him hard if he makes anything…fishy” Taeyeon said, waving her hands to them. “Y-Yeah” Hana nodded, not really sure what she meant by that. Sunny gave Kai a meaningful smile and he just grunted-obviously giving her a threat as a reply to whatever Sunny was trying to say to him.

“I don’t know if this will be okay” TOP muttered to himself as he scratched the back of his head. 

“Are you sure?” Jaejoong asked with his stern voice. The man standing in front of him gave him a nod. Jaejoong leaned on his back as he clasped his hands over his abdomen.

“What did the principal of Middle School say?” he asked, still with that serious tone. “She said that nothing will be leaked to the kids. She doesn’t want to make a commotion about what’s happening…but…I think this will be revealed if the Council finds out” Siwon answered with a worried tone.

Jaejoong sighed and bit his lip in worry. “It’s already the third case. It’s not impossible that the Council will find out about it and take over. Just thinking about that possibility is worrying me. I don’t want these kids to be subjected to such management” he shook his head then looked at Siwon.

“Tell Chaerin that this Department will not say anything either. I don’t want the students to feel scared” Jaejoong instructed. Siwon, knowing what Jaejoong wanted, nodded and was about to get out of the room when TOP opened the door. TOP was obviously surprised to see Siwon- a very rare person to see, coming out from Jaejoong’s office.

Siwon gave him a nod then left. “What is he doing here? Are we in trouble or something? Isn’t he a tracker?” TOP asked while closing the door behind him.

Jaejoong massaged his temples as another sigh escaped from his lips. “What are we going to do?” he asked, making TOP worry. Jaejoong’s not the type who acts like he’s defeated or down. Seeing him in that state makes TOP worry about what’s happening.

“What happened?” he asked while putting some files on Jaejoong’s table. “They’re on the move…again” Jaejoong answered with another sigh. TOP’s brows furrowed and his eyes narrowed. “Don’t tell me…they got another one? Who? Are the students in danger? I’ll go and tell them to get back right now-”

“Seunghyun” Jaejoong cut him off, stopping him from getting out of the room. TOP bit his lips then sighed. “They got a student from Chaerin’s department. It’s a kid with the same Alice as you” Jaejoong answered, standing up from his seat and looking over the vast school lawn. The school grounds were full of Middle School students since the High School department are out for their ‘one-day outing’.

“That bastard. What is he trying to do?” TOP asked under his breath. “They’re making their move. We should also prepare. Chaerin will not say anything about it. I don’t want the kids to feel scared about what’s happening. Once the Council finds out about this, they will take over and will surely turn these kids into killing machines…and I don’t want these kids to have the same fate as my brother” Jaejoong told TOP, fists clenched and eyes with determination.

Jaejoong’s one of the people who will sacrifice himself just for his students and TOP knows where his will is coming from. They’ve been close friends since they were kids and he knows the bitter past that he had. Whatever the decision that Jaejoong will make, TOP will follow him till death. That’s how Jaejoong meant to him.

“Let the students have some fun today. We will keep an eye on them” Jaejoong said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter