#008 Dealing With Fire

She's My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a week since that incident at the training hall. Since that day, Kai became totally awkward whenever Hana’s around. During Alice Trainings, the only words that he says are “again”, “okay”, “take a break” and “the end”. During classes, he always avoids her gaze. During lunch breaks, when she enters the cafeteria, he leaves immediately. He felt like he’s being suffocated just by sharing the same air with her.

It’s weird and Hana noticed it. Kyungsoo and the others are not that dumb to not notice that he’s not behaving like the usual. Adding to that, Sunny always has this knowing and teasing smile whenever she sees Kai. He doesn’t give a damn about what she knows coz he knows that it’s just a malfunction…maybe…hopefully…with his heart…mind.

Hana’s still hanging out with Yumi and Kyungsoo and this time, Woohyun’s also joining the gang. He always brings cola for Hana. He’s always confessing about how cool her Alice is and so on. He’s slightly different from Sehun and L. He’s much more comfortable to be with. And thankfully, Hana’s control with her Alice is improving.

Hana was making her way towards the dormitory when she saw a boy hiding behind the wall who seems like he’s waiting/looking for someone. As she stepped closer, that’s the time that she noticed his fine, flower boy look. His skin is fair and his hair is jet black which reminds her of someone…named Kai. He looks kind of ‘cold’ which screams Kai, Sehun and L. The thing that took her attention was his Limiter…Limiters.

Just how strong is his Alice? She asked herself, still not tearing her gaze off of him. He has a silver band just like Kai on his right wrist, 3 silver earrings on his left ear and one on his right. He looked up at the dormitory. She followed his gaze. It’s the boy’s area in the dormitory. She concluded that he’s really waiting for someone but he looked like he’s hesitating.

She took all her courage and stepped towards him. “Are you waiting for someone?” she asked, leaning close to look at his face. He stepped back while looking at her, obviously startled. He kept his cold aura on. Hana’s been immune to such treatment so she’s okay with it. “None of your business” he replied, reminding her again of Kai.

She brushed that thought and persisted on talking to the boy who really looked like he waited for a long time. “You know, you can tell me of who you’re waiting for. I can go and tell him that you’re here” she offered, trying to sound like she’s really sincere. He looked away. “No thanks”

Again! I swear I will really leave this kid if he continues behaving like this! She told herself, still trying to hold everything in. “Okay, if that’s what you want. Just to tell you…the boys are still having their physical examination so it will take time…But if you want to wait…” she trailed off, trying to look at his reaction.

He shifted his position, obviously disappointed. The corners of Hana’s lips curved upward. She won. “Have you been waiting for a long time?” she asked. “No” he immediately replied. “Have you eaten?” she asked again. “Yes” he replied which is obviously a lie since his stomach betrayed him, grumbling loud enough for Hana to hear.

“I see” she teased. His reaction made Hana chuckle. A tint of red touched his fair cheeks which made him look cute. “Come, this noona will treat you” she offered, earning a surprised look from the boy. 

He sure can eat. It looked like he’s been deprived of food. Scratch that. Maybe he’s just a food lover like Woohyun who can eat a whole pot of rice and side dishes all by himself. Hana put a roll of egg on his plate. She felt like for once, she’s taking care of someone…like a sibling…a younger sibling.

She looked at how he shoves a spoonful of rice in his mouth. “Why?” he asked in between chewing his food. “Have you been eating well? It seems like you never ate the whole day” she asked, placing his arms on the table, leaning closer. He did not answer. “Look-”

“Jiho…my name’s Jiho” he cut her off as he shove another spoonful of rice. “Jiho, eat slowly. You’ll get indigestion” she told him as she offered a glass of water which he took immediately. He finished his food at last and was sitting comfortably.

“How much do I owe you? I will pay you tomorrow” he asked, his cold aura returned. Hana couldn’t believe what she just heard. “Ya kiddo, I said I will treat you…for free” she replied, hoping to earn a ‘thank you’. He just blinked then looked away. “Oh, okay” he mumbled.

“Didn’t someone taught you to say thank you once in a while?” she asked, a little irritated. “No one taught me” he replied, not really interested. “Oh, I see. But…don’t you think you should thank me for treating you?” she insisted.

He scoffed. “You’re the one who insisted to treat me. I didn’t really ask you, right?” he retorted. “Even if I say that I will treat you, you should atleast say thank you. That’s manners, okay?” she explained. He looked at her, still hesitating on saying those 2 words. His lips parted as he attempted to say thank you.

Hana waited for him to speak. “Th-”

“Hyung!” he suddenly stood with a smile on his face. Hana’s eyes furrowed as she also stood and turned around to see who Jiho was addressing as hyung.

No freaking way! Don’t tell me these two are brothers! Hana told herself when she saw Kai walking towards them…with a slight smile on his face.

His smile faded as he met her gaze. He walked pass her and stood in front of Jiho. “Why are you here?” he asked. His tone was not the ‘angry tone’, more like of a ‘brotherly’ one. “Uhm, I was waiting near the dormitory when this kimchinoona said that she will treat me food” Jiho explained while pointing at Hana.

Kimchinoona?! KIMCHI NOONA!? Hana’s eyes narrowed, asking herself if she heard that right.

“Kimchinoona?” Kai repeated, looking at Hana. She scoffed. “Ya kiddo, kimchinoona?Seriously?”

Jiho blinked then looked at his leftover seaweed soup. “Then…seaweed noona?” he asked innocently. “YA!” she hissed. Kai faked a cough, trying to conceal his laughter. “This kid…just call me noona” she told him.

“Okay” Jiho nodded then looked at Kai. “She said that all the boys were having a physical examination so I just came here with her” Jiho continued. “I see” Kai muttered then looked at Hana. “I’ll pay you in class” he said then turned his back on her, walking away with Jiho.

She just stood there, looking at the two of them take their leave. “You know her?” she heard Jiho ask. Kai just nodded.

“You don’t need to pay…” she mumb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter