#023 Friend

She's My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter is dedicated to Kawaiibutt, Macye_Thao21, EXOTICS98 and fifi96285 ♥ Thank you guys for leaving your answers about my question about your favorite song in the the Exodus Album :) 

Thank you everyone for being such a sport and enjoy! ♥

It was a commotion – a chaos. Sehun turned to his right then to his left. All he could see were students running everywhere in panic. Some teachers were trying to keep order but the chaos outside was unnerving. Men in black suits were fighting with the principals of the Middle and High School Departments.

There was another loud sound from outside and he felt like his ears were going to explode any moment. He covered his ears and shut his eyes. He started counting from one to ten. His hands were shaking and when he opened his eyes, some men were already entering the Alice Training Hall where they were all taking shelter.

They were pushing and shoving the students on the ground. One of them was holding a gun. A loud gunshot sound took over the whole place. He froze in horror as he saw a student lying on the ground with his bloody arm, screaming in pain. The man held his gun up and shoots. “JUST BE COOPERATIVE OR YOU’LL ALL END UP DEAD!!”

“You’re bleeding” he heard L’s voice and he turned to his right quickly. He stared at him blankly, his mind slowly processing what L said. Sehun winced when L touched the side of his forehead. He touched it and that was the only time that he noticed the blood which was oozing from the cut on his forehead. No wonder he smelled some kind of iron from a while ago.

“Are you okay?” L asked, holding Sehun’s shoulder. Ears still filled with the shouting and screaming, he just nodded his head. “What are we going to do now?” Woohyun asked, crouching on the floor and keeping his head down before another loud bang came. Yumi also quietly sat beside them. “We need to think of a plan to get us out of here. But it would be really hard. There are many people outside and-”

“YOU!!” they heard the booming voice from the front and they all turned their heads just to see a man holding a gun pointed at them. Woohyun pushed Yumi behind him and they all got up. The man walked towards them, still with the gun on his hand.

“WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US?!” a student yelled from the back, making the man turn his head to him. He was terribly shaking and a little girl was behind him, holding the hem of his shirt. L was concentrating on making some kind of illusion to divert the attention of the men in suit but then one man noticed what he was doing. “What the hell do you think are you doing?” he asked in a menacing tone as he quickly grabbed L by the collar, shoving him against the wall. He pushed the others aside, making them grunt as they landed hard on the floor.

His attention went to L who was trying his best to push him. A loud gunshot sound echoed inside the hall and then there was a loud scream. Their eyes were wide open in horror as they turned to look at the guy from a while ago screaming and grunting in pain while holding his leg which just got shot. The little girl was crying and the man pointed the gun at her. “SHUT UP OR I’LL KILL YOU!!” the man yelled and the girl bit her lip to stop.

The steel bars from the corner of the hall went flying to the man who was holding L and hit his head, making him fall and let go of L. L coughed roughly while holding his neck. Yumi stood and looked at the steel bars and they started clattering as they went flying to the other man who was pointing the gun to the girl. They were about to hit the man when they stopped just inches away.

The other man who just got hit a while ago grunted as he stood while rubbing the back of his head. “You really are some pain in the ” he said before stretching his arms for the steel bars and they started floating towards him. His Alice is metal. He pointed towards Woohyun and Yumi and the steel bars went flying towards them. Strong winds came next, making everything fly out of direction. L looked at Sehun who was leaning on the wall. The blood from his forehead was already covering half of his face.

The wind did not stop the man from what he wanted to do. The next thing that happened brought sheer horror to Sehun. Woohyun was lying on the floor while holding the side of his abdomen which was bleeding. Yumi, who was always calm, was shaking in fear and concern as she kneeled beside Woohyun who was breathing roughly. The man held another steel bar on his hand and was getting ready for another attack.

Sehun shook his head and wiped the blood on his eyes with his sleeve. With shaking hand, he reached for the cold metal weapon on the ground. Another gunshot sound was heard. The man dropped on the ground and Yumi and L were looking at Sehun who was holding the gun. The other man pointed the gun at Sehun and was about to shoot at him when blue flames took over him and instantly turned into ash.

Kai’s father was standing on the door of the hall with TOP and Taeyeon on his side. Other teachers were also there. They rushed towards the students, helping them to get out of the hall. Sehun fell on the ground with trembling hands. It was the first time that he killed someone and the shock was overwhelming. He looked at Woohyun who was still lying on the floor.

With wobbling legs, he tried to go towards him. L also rushed to their side. His condition was worse than what he expected. “Hang on there, Woohyun” L said as he patted his friend’s shoulder. Woohyun just let go of a forced smile as he winced in pain. His lips were turning gray. Yumi was still sobbing while holding Woohyun’s hand. “His hand is cold. What are we going to do?” she asked in panic.

Jonghoon ran towards them and quickly checked on him. “This is bad” he mumbled before telling Taeyeon, with a loud voice, to rush over there. Her clothes were already soaked in blood. She held Woohyun’s bleeding wound for a while before letting go. She shook her head before sighing. “He lost too much blood. We need to transfer him to the clinic” she said, looking at Jonghoon. He nodded and they were supposed to lift Woohyun when there was another loud clashing sound outside the building.

“It will be hard for us to go to the clinic” TOP said from a distance. He has been assisting some students out of the hall. Sounds of someone running towards them made Jonghoon turn his head towards the source of it. His eyes widened in disbelief when he recognized who it was. “Heesoo noona” TOP mumbled as his eyes narrowed. She took long, running steps and she reached them, she crouched on the floor and checked for Woohyun’s vitals. She had this worried look on her face as she also checked the wound which was patched up by Taeyeon.

Woohyun coughed up blood as he leaned his head to his right. “Please…do something…” Yumi mumbled as she closed her eyes. Heesoo held Woohyun’s hand for some minutes; she stayed that way without saying anything. Woohyun stopped his rough breathing and she let go of his hand. They all looked at her. “Is he going to be fine?” Jonghoon asked and she nodded in reply. “He still needs some treatment but he’s gonna live”

Despite the loud crashing sounds from outside, they were able to breathe in relief. Heesoo looked at TOP who was staring at her from a while ago. She gave him a smile, knowing that he must’ve been shocked to see her there. “I’m glad you’re fine” Jonghoon suddenly mumbled. Heesoo turned to him and gave him a slight smile before looking at the kids. “I’m here with Mino. I brought him to help us”

Jonghoon’s lips parted in disbelief and amusement. “Junsu will be pleased. You really did not give up on him”

“W-Wait…Where’s Kyungsoo?” Sehun mumbled as he noticed their friend missing. He was with them not too long ago but he never noticed that he disappeared when there was a commotion.

They all looked at him. TOP looked around, checking if he’s there but he wasn’t. Sehun then remembered that guy who controlled Kyungsoo on the ground.

“I think they got him” he said, the horror of the idea evident on his face.

Outside the training hall was a total chaos. Jaejoong could feel the pain inside his body reach his head as he winced in pain. He shook his head as if shaking the pain itself. He looked at Chaerin who was just in front of him, fighting some guys with her Alice. A large part of the vast ground was already destroyed. Chaerin held her hand upside down and the ground started crumbling, making the men in suits fall. They were being attacked non-stop and he could feel his energy being drained.

“Are you okay?” Chaerin asked as she turned her head to him for a second to look at him. He just nodded before concentrating on nullifying the Alice of the men in suits. What he was doing was very helpful but he could feel his limit hitting the bar.

On the corner of his eyes, he saw TOP running towards them. Jonghoon came out next and he wondered if everything went well. He really hoped for the safety of the students and seeing what happened to some of them really brought pain to him. As soon as they got there, Jonghoon helped Chaerin and there were blue flames everywhere. Feeling relieved, a little smile crept on his face before looking at the men in front of them.

The sound of a helicopter hovering above them made him look up. It was from a broadcasting company and he knew that news about what was happening then and there will be on TV and it’s not really a good thing for them. As he looked back at the men, a loud crashing sound thundered all over the place and then a big explosion was heard next.

He blinked and shook his head as he found himself lying on the ground. There was a ringing sound inside his ear and as he tried to sit up, he felt a stinging pain on his legs. They were bleeding. He noticed that Chaerin was also shaking her head and he knew that she was also hit by the impact of the explosion. “Are you guys okay?” TOP asked in a worried tone as he helped Chaerin and Jaejoong. There was blood oozing from his forehead but he was acting like it was not a big thing.

When he came to his senses, Jaejoong then noticed the impact of the explosion. The Alice training hall was destroyed and pieces of the helicopter from a while ago were scattered everywhere. One of the men in suits did it. Jaejoong never wanted any non-Alice user being involved in such situations because the consequence will be bad.

The pain on his legs was killing him as much as the stinging inside his body. He’s reaching his limit. Jonghoon and other teachers were still fighting but he could not concentrate with his Alice. With TOP’s help, he was able to stand up. He helped Chaerin next and that was the time that Jaejoong noticed that her arm was bleeding. She as carried immediately towards the building and before his eyes leave the building, he saw a very familiar person running towards them.

He squinted, trying to have a better look. “Heesoo noona” he mumbled in disbelief.

As he was about to take a step, he felt someone grabbing him, making him fall on the ground once again. He grunted as he sat up and what he saw was beyond surprising. Mino was staring back at him while holding his shoulder, slightly wincing from the impact of falling. A sudden bolt of rage came to Jaejoong and he could feel his insides boiling in anger. He glared at him.

“If you’re thinking of killing me, try not to die first. This is a battle field; you will die right away if you don’t get your focus back” Mino said as he got up. That was the time that Jaejoong felt a little stinging pain on his right arm. It was a little cut from what he guessed was a gun. He never heard a gunshot but he thought he was distracted too much to even hear it. But the idea of Mino saving him was beyond ridiculous.

“Kill me after this battle. I know you hate me so much anyway” Mino continued. As he heard that, the boiling rage came back and Jaejoong got up quickly. Charging with a punch, he was determined to get his revenge. Everything that was happening was like erased from his periphery and all he could see was Mino, the guy who killed his brother.

“JAEJOONG!”

His fist stopped before he could land it on Mino’s face. “This is really not the time for that” Heesoo continued. Jaejoong looked back with a questioning expression. “N-Not the time?” he repeated with pained expression mixed with frustration. She nodded, taking a step closer and holding his hand. “Yes, we need to keep everyone safe first” she said.

He couldn’t understand why she was behaving like that. She should be the first to be enraged but she was so calm to the point that Jaejoong was very frustrated. His eyes went on his hand being held by her. His gaze softened as he looked at her. “You’re doing it again…saving me” he mumble

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter