#021 Taken

She's My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you saying? Why are you asking about Hana?” Kai asked as he approached Jaehyun who was trying to get his self calm. Jaehyun did not answer and Kai grew irritated and curious, feeling a little nervous. He grabbed Jaehyun by the shoulder to let him face him.

“I’m asking you a question. Answer me” Kai hissed. Jaehyun just sighed and looked down. Kai grabbed him by the collar and pushed him on the wall, hard. “Give me an answer before I do anything to you” he warned Jaehyun.

“I think she’s gone”

Kai’s brows furrowed. “What do you mean gone?” he asked, pulling his hands. Jaehyun shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair. “I-I told her to not wander on her own. This should’ve not happened if-”

Jaehyun fell on the ground after Kai hit him on the face. He wiped the blood on the corner of his lips and looked at Kai who was very angry. “Bastard. I knew there was something wrong with you. I never liked you from the start. Tell me…who are you working for?!!” he yelled.

“Sorry” Jaehyun mumbled before standing up. Kai grabbed him the collar once again while gritting his teeth. “DON’T TALK BULL WITH ME!! WHAT DO YOU KNOW?? WHERE IS SHE?!! TELL ME!!”

“THE CHAIRMAN TOOK HER!!” Jaehyun replied, finally exploding in anger and frustration. Kai stepped back, letting him go. He looked lost and dumbfounded. “What?”

Jaehyun shook his head. “Sorry”

TOP stared at Jaejoong who was sitting on the couch and being treated by Taeyeon. The bruise like black pattern was already covering a part of his cheek. Taeyeon stood and looked at TOP before going to the side table where a basin of warm water was. “How are you feeling?” TOP asked.

Jaejoong smiled at himself before looking at his friend. “I feel better. What happened when I was unconscious?” Jaejoong asked, rolling his sleeves down and putting his jacket on. TOP sighed and shook his head. “The chairman took over as soon as the news of you being unconscious went out. There was an attack in the Right Wing, causing a commotion and some students from the Middle school department were taken. We suspect that Mino and the rebels were behind it” he paused and looked for Jaejoong’s reaction.

He was still and was just listening, eyes on the floor as if he was trying to process what he was saying. “They also tried to get Hana but Kai got there on time to help her” he continued. Jaejoong’s eyes went to him when he heard his niece’s name. “But…What we don’t understand is the fact that those kids that he got are all Draining Type”

“Draining type?” Jaejoong repeated, brows furrowed. TOP nodded. Jaejoong leaned and bit the tip of his thumb, thinking. Why would he do that?

“And…Kai has Draining type”

Jaejoong looked at him in surprise. “What?” he asked before running his fingers through his hair and covered his eyes with the heel of his palms as if he was having a headache. “What the hell is happening?” he mumbled to himself.

“What did teacher Jonghoon say? How did he react?”

“He tried to act like he’s not affected at all in front of Kai but he really looked sad and frustrated. He’s scared that Kai will end up like his mother” TOP replied. Jaejoong looked away, sighing. “There’s a greater problem here, Jaejoong. I think the chairman is up to something. There was a blackout just a while ago and the technician who was guarding the main switch said that-”

The door flew open, making TOP and Jaejoong look at the door. Kai was gasping for air. “Hana…Hana’s gone…” Kai said while breathing roughly. Jaejoong and TOP stood in surprise. “What?” Jaejoong asked as if his world just shattered into pieces.

“The chairman took her during the blackout. They…They’ve been planning all this time. I’m sorry” Jaehyun replied as he stood beside Kai. “Jaehyun, how did you know? Don’t tell me…” TOP trailed off. “He’s working for the chairman” Kai informed TOP before glaring at Jaehyun.

“That old geezer!” Jaejoong hissed as he stormed out of the room. Along the hallway, TOP stopped him by holding his arm. “Where are you going?” TOP asked. “I’m going to kill that old man! Nobody messes with my family for the second time!” Jaejoong answered.

“We need a plan. He has tricks under his sleeves and you know that. He will not confess easily and-”

“What are you doing here? Return to your rooms” a voice suddenly told them. They turned around and saw 5 guys in suits. The emblem in their left chest says that they’re from the Council, probably under the chairman’s orders. “I’m the principal here. I have the right to-”

“It’s better for you to cooperate or we will have to force you to do so. The Council is in charge of this school and that is an order from the higher ups” the one on the center said. Jaejoong scoffed. “Higher ups? Screw you. Or did you mean to say the chairman because he is ing dead for-”

TOP pulled him and stopped him from saying further insulting things. “Watch what you’re saying from now on. The Council doesn’t tolerate uncooperative people” the guy told Jaejoong before they all walked away. “You’re not thinking rationally!” TOP scolded Jaejoong.

“All the rationality in this world is of no use for me. There’s no way in hell that he will take away Hana from me!”

“I know that but we need to think. The chairman is not stupid. He is planning something. We still don’t know if she has Heesoo noona’s Alice so that can give us time. We need to think, Jaejoong”

Jaejoong sighed and TOP let go of his arm.

“I don’t want to lose her. Because if I do, I will never forgive myself”

The strong scent of medicine made her crinkle her nose while trying to open her eyes. The bright light made her squint. She tried getting up she was being held down by something. She looked at her right and saw a man in lab gown holding a folder while looking at the dextrose that was connected to her arm.

She tried to move but nothing happened. She was bounded on the bed just like a patient in psychiatric ward. She wanted to scream but she had no energy left to do so. She felt like she was being put into sleep by the medicine. She heard footsteps coming from the door. Her eyes widened in horror when she saw the chairman standing beside the guy in lab gown, talking softly and looking at her.

“The test will take time” the guy said. The chairman looked at Hana and smirked before looking at the man. “Take your time. Nobody’s going to bother you since I already took care of the school” he replied.

The chairman turned his back on her, walking away. “Why are you doing this? What did you do to the school?” Hana asked with her soft voice that she could pull off with her energy. The old man turned to face her.

“Oh look, you still have energy left. You really never cease to amaze me. The school is under my control now so don’t even bother building your hope. No one’s coming for you. And why I’m doing this?” he cocked a brow and smiled. “I’m just trying to know if you really have your mother’s Alice”

“And if I don’t have it?” she asked. He tapped his finger on his chin, pouting. “Then you’re of no use for me. And I get rid of things that have no use for me” he replied. Hana felt cold chills down her spine. Things?

He looked at the other guy and nodded. “Start with the test”

The guy nodded and injected something on her dextrose. After a while, she felt like her insides were being squeezed. She screamed in pain. Tears trickled down her cheeks.

Kai looked at the dark view through his window. He can see the people from the Council patrolling the surroundings of the school. He was worried to death of what was happening with Hana and where she could be. He hated himself for not being able to stop her from being taken. He punched the wall and buried his faces on his palms.

Going through the night is very hard for him. He couldn’t even close his eyes to take a nap. He kept on staring at the window. “We’ll make a move tomorrow. For tonight, take a rest. You’re still in bad shape. The chairman is not here. He’s using his men to keep us inside the school and not look for him” Jaejoong’s voice echoed inside his mind.

He hugged his knees on a corner of his room and tried to think of plans to get out. Why am I useless in times like this? Why do I have this kind of Alice? Why are things not going as I want them to be? Why is this very hard? Why is it very painful? Why?

He buried his face on his knees, gritting his teeth.

Kai found himself running endlessly as if trying to find something on that vast field. He stopped and looked around. There was no one else on that place. He looked at his hands and noticed that the Limiters were gone. He felt so free and light.

“I got you” a familiar voice said as he felt a pair of arms around his abdomen. He smiled to himself and turned around. Hana was smiling at him brightly. Kai held her face and stared at her for a long time. “What are you doing?” she asked, touching his hands. He smiled and shook his head. “Nothing” he replied before planting a soft kiss on her forehead.

Hana cocked his head and pouted. “You’re being weird” she said before tiptoeing and hooking her arms around his neck, taking Kai by surprise. He looked down at her. A playful smile appeared on her face before she claimed his lips. The corner of his lips curved before he responded to her action. He put his hands on her back, hugging her close to his body.

They found themselves both gasping for air when their lips parted. Kai chuckled and brushed the hair sticking on her face. She smiled back at him. “Now, it’s time for you to catch me” she suddenly said, making him narrow his eyes. “Not fair, I was the one catching you a while ago. Now it’s your turn” she whined then pouted.

“Were we playing a game?” he asked, innocently. She crossed her arms in front of her chest, she was still pouting. He chuckled, surprised to see a side of her like that. “I got it” he said. “Turn around and count until 10 to give me time to hide” she chirped. He nodded. She was about to run when Kai held her hand. Hana looked at him. “Why?”

“Can we just stay like this forever? I want you always to be by my side. Is that possible?” he asked, looking straight at her eyes. Hana had no idea about what he was talking about and the smile on her face faded as he held his face. “What are you talking about? Are you feeling alright? Are you sick or something?” she asked worriedly.

He touched her hands and smiled wryly. “I’m very sick right now and I just want you to be by my side. Is that possible? I’m in real pain and I will be in a whole level of pain if you leave me. So will you-”

“I will never leave you, Kim Jongin. That’s a promise” she said, cutting him off. She smiled as she brushed his cheek. He shut his eyes and smiled before looking back at her. “I will hold on unto that promise” he nodded.

She kissed him lightly on the lips. “Stamp”

He bit his lip and smiled, looking at her dearly. “I’ll count until 10. No playing tricks, okay?” he asked. She nodded. He turned around and started counting. “1…2…3…4…5…6-”

“Goodbye…”

He stopped and turned around. There was no sign of anyone. He was very certain that he heard a very faint sound of her voice saying that word. He ran aimlessly, trying to look for her. “Hana!” he shouted. All that could be heard was the echo of his voice. He dropped on his knees as he felt his insides in severe pain. He took a sharp intake of air and pounded his chest with his fist.

“Hana” he muttered between rough breaths as he opened his eyes. He found himself being welcomed by the darkness of his room. He was having cold sweats. He shut his eyes and tried to calm himself saying that it was all just a dream…a bad dream of her leaving him alone.

This won’t do. He told

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter