#010 Jealous

She's My Kryptonite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was a long silence between Hana and Kai when they were on their way to the school campus. After that very weird exchange of thanks and assurance back at the alley, Hana felt like she really needs to bury herself in the ground. She still couldn’t believe that she just cried on Kai’s arms! It was freaking her out. She knew that she’s supposed be feeling ‘those’ feelings towards Kyungsoo because she’s her crush but something weird happened earlier.

Her heart was beating very fast when she heard Kai’s voice telling those men to get away from her and she even cried in front of him! What’s to add? She said some cheesy things that made her cringe to the core. But she meant it when she told Kai that she was thankful. She really is.

She can feel his warm back against her. He was carrying her on his back since she twisted her ankle a while ago-making it impossible for her to walk on her own. Kai was very quiet. Something’s weird and Hana could sense it. Kai’s not upset. He looked…calm. Hana can smell his familiar scent. She likes how that scent tickles something inside her. She suddenly shook her head. What are you thinking about? Kyungsoo’s your crush! Why-What is wrong with you? You’re not supposed to feel something like this for him. He’s a stone, Hana, a stone-no feeling at all! She told herself over and over again.

“Is there something wrong?” Kai took her by surprise when he asked that. “O-Oh? N-Nothing’s wrong” she squeaked, lying. Something’s wrong with her and it’s really crazy.

Kai’s not calm-even though he looks like he is. His mind is chaotic and his heart is going insane. He really doesn’t know how to show a kinder and softer side of him. It just really scares him to death. He knows that he’s falling or already fell for her but he just can’t make himself obvious. It’s not just him. And it scares him. He might hurt her. And it will be nightmare for him if that happens.

“Do you think teacher TOP will punish us? We’re really late” Hana broke the silence. “Probably but I think he will understand” he replied. Hana was feeling a little comfortable with him. She can talk to him now as compared to the previous events when Kai always shut him off. “But…you two look like you don’t really get along that well” Hana commented, remembering how TOP and Kai always looked like when they’re together.

“We don’t get along. I don’t get along with people like how you do it. Given the fact that he’s really irritating” Kai said in a ‘not-so-amused’ tone. Hana nodded as if agreeing. There was another awkward silence between them. Hana suddenly thought about Jiho and how they both looked at the cafeteria.

“About Jiho…” she started. She felt the sudden pause of Kai while walking as he slightly tilted his head to glance at her. “…you two both looked pretty close. I really thought you’re siblings. Yumi told me that you were not. I think you two resembled each other. Having that kind of Ali-” she suddenly stopped at the sudden realization that it’s rude to talk about Jiho’s draining type Alice. She bit her lip and scolded herself from not holding her curiosities in.

“Having that kind of Alice?” Kai asked, continuing her supposed statement. She lowered her head in embarrassment and guilt. “I did not mean it in a bad way…I-I mean-”

“Did I say that you’re being rude? Jiho knows what his Alice is and what the consequences of having such Alice are. Why? Are you feeling pity towards him?” his tone was not harsh but a curious one.

Hana bit her lip once more and nodded. “At that young age, I still can’t imagine how he can take it all. But I think having someone by his side is helpful” she replied with a hint of positivity. Kai just kept quiet and continued walking. He can understand Jiho’s situation. Jiho’s an orphan and was always feared because of his Alice. He was an outcast and the harsh treatment from people who couldn’t understand him made him close his life from people. Their similarities brought them together.

“Don’t feel too bad for him because he will only take it in a negative way” Kai suddenly told her. Hana felt her cheeks burn. It was very weird because even if it was dark, she can see his breath-taking features. His words were not the nagging type. She’s noticing Kai’s sudden change in behavior and it was confusing her. “O-Okay”

After some more minutes of walking in that awkward silence, they finally reached the gate of the school. The Right Wing was totally empty since it’s late. Kai continued walking towards the gate of the Left Wing where TOP and the other guys were waiting.

TOP had his hands on his waist and his brows were raised. Taeyeon rushed towards them, as did the other guys. Woohyun’s voice was the loudest. “Are you okay? What happened?” he asked, freaking out. Kyungsoo was standing beside him and was just staring at her with a worried expression. Kai caught that and a sudden bitter taste hit him. Kai knows that Hana likes Kyungsoo. He noticed it.

Woohyun carried Hana on his back and Yumi was assisting him. Kai didn’t really want to let Hana go but it would be really weird and suspicious if he insisted to carry her. Kyungsoo just gave Hana a worried smile as they went to the clinic. Sehun and L were silently following Kai. Although they were not talking, they were both exchanging weird expressions.

Kyungsoo patted Kai’s back then grinned. “What happened?”

“She tripped” Kai answered. He will never tell him what really happened. Kyungsoo will be suspicious if he says the truth. 

Kai had his head down as he was walking along the hallway. He shut his eyes close then opened them again when he heard a very loud voice-Woohyun’s. Kai’s eyes instantly caught what was happening. Woohyun was offering a warm can of coffee to Hana. He always does that. Kai felt bitter while looking at the scene. Before even knowing it, he was walking towards them.

“You really don’t have to do this everyday” Hana told Woohyun with a smile. He shook his head and insisted on giving it to her. “At least I can do this for you. I’m your number 1 fan anyway”

Hana extended her hands to reach for the coffee. “Thank y-”

Woohyun and Hana’s eyes darted on Kai who just grabbed the can of coffee. “I’m thirsty” Kai reasoned out with his bored tone. He instantly opened it and took a sip before taking a step forward. He was making his way towards the classroom’s door when he heard what Woohyun just said.

“Just take mine. I didn’t open it yet so…have it” Woohyun chirped as if nothing happened. Hana was about to get it but once again someone grabbed it. Kai. They both looked at him with a weird expression. “I need to stay awake” Kai once again reasoned out, lying.

He turned his back on them and started walking away. “Pay me for that!” Woohyun yelled at him before turning to Hana. “Sorry, I will treat you this lunch time”

She nodded and gave him a smile. “Okay. Lunch time”

Woohyun once again looked at Kai who was entering the room as he scratched the back of his neck. “He hates drinking coffee. Did something happen to him? Wait…don’t tell me” he trailed off and looked at Hana. She looked back at him with furrowed brows. “Why?”

He shook his head and let go of a chuckle. “Nothing” Oho~ So that’s what’s happening. Now I know. Our fierce fire breathing dragon is jealous~

On the other hand, Kai entered the room with an unexplainable expression. He lifted the can of coffee then shook his head. “I really hate drinking coffee. Why is it so bitter?”

“Oh? You’re here” Sehun lifted his hand to welcome him. Kai walked towards Sehun and L then put the cans of coffee on their tables. The two of them looked at Kai in surprise. “Drink” Kai told them gaining another weird look from the two.

Kai really stayed awake for the first two subjects. It’s a miracle. Hana was beyond amazed that drinking coffee will make Kai awake for two whole periods. For the past weeks, almost 2 months actually, of observing him, he always ends up sleeping even during the first subject early in the morning. It always makes her curious as to what Kai’s doing during the night for him to be that sleepy. Is he really a heavy sleeper? Is it hard for him to sleep at night? Or maybe it’s just a habit.

After the second period, he started to yawn. He ruffled his hair then rested his head on his arms. The third period went well with Kai sleeping soundly. Once in a while, Hana would look at him just to check if he’s still sleeping.

The bell rang exactly when Kai woke up. Yawning once again, he stretched his arms. He was still half-asleep when he turned to where Hana was sitting. She was looking back at him with eyes wide open. He quickly pulled his arms and coughed, looking away. Hana wanted to laugh because of his reaction but she held it in.

“Did you have a good sleep?” Hana asked while putting her books on under her desk. “Y-Yeah” he answered, stuttering. She was quiet after that. Kai pulled all his courage to look at her. Her hair was beautifully flowing on her shoulder. It was then he realized how pretty she looked like. She turned to him all of a sudden, making Kai almost jump out of his chair. He quickly stood and followed his friends to the cafeteria.

Alone, Hana made her way to the cafeteria. Yumi had some things to do with the Student Council. She was near the cafeteria’s door when she spotted Woohyun waiting for her. He waved at her brightly with a smile on his face. She walked towards him quickly. “So what do you want for lunch?” he asked.

“I don’t know. But since you said you’ll treat me, I’ll choose the most expensive food” Hana joked as she gave him a teasing smile. Woohyun just nodded and put his arm around her shoulders. Hana didn’t mind it. She doesn’t think of it as anything malicious. She’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter