Midnight Coffee & Sugar Plums

I Couldn't Stay Away

When the sun's rays hit Kyungsoo's face the next morning, he wakes up from his deep slumber, feeling refreshed from yesterday's long night. Rubbing his eyes, Kyungsoo sits upright from the bed and streches his arms out. Turning to his side, Kyungsoo frowns when doesn't see Jongin's body besides him. Scratching his head, Kyungsoo begins to wonder if Jongin had decided to change his mind and go to another buisness meeting. 

 

Standing up, Kyungsoo then begins to make his way towards the kitchen to prepare some breakfast for himself considering he was probably going to be alone for the rest of the day until Jongin returned. When Kyungsoo gets there, however, he spots Jongin sitting down on the table, casually reading the newspaper. Looking up, Jongin lip's curve into a warm smile. "I thought you wanted to explore the whole day yet you wake up in the afternoon."

 

Kyungsoo scratches his head. "I kind of overslept."

 

"Kind of?" Jongin scoffs, placing the newspaper on the table before he speaks. "It's 2 in the afternoon. I brought lunch if you're hungry considering you just skipped breakfast."

 

Nodding, Kyungsoo approaches the table and takes an empty seat in front of Jongin. "Do you have something to do today?"

 

"My schedule's empty." Jongin replies, watching as Kyungsoo devours his breakfast. "What do you want to do? Go to the beach? Find some pinapples-"

 

"Pinapples?"

 

"I love pinapples." Jongin cheekily replies before taking a sip of his coffee. 

 

Kyungsoo laughs. "Umm okay? How about we go explore the island first? I haven't really seen anything since we got here, except you know the view of the beach from our hotel room."

 

"Anything for you."

 

The first thing on Kyungsoo's agenda was to visit the nearby beach. Since the view from their hotel room was so spectacular, Kyungsoo wanted to see what it would looked like up close. Stunned by the view of the ocean, Kyungsoo looks in awe, as he and Jongin stroll around the beach. 

 

"What were you like when you were a kid?" Jongin randomly asks, as the two hold hands.

 

Kyungsoo looks up and gives Jongin a skeptical look. "Excuse me, what?"

 

"I want to know more about you." Jongin explains, leading Kyungsoo into the ocean so that now their feets were touching the water. "I've read your application but I feel like those are common things. I want to know you personally."

 

"Actually, my life's pretty boring." Kyungsoo replies. "It's probably not as glamorous as you're childhood but I liked it. I have an older brother I used to play with all of the time but after my parent's got ill. I had to change my major in college so that I could work earlier."

 

"What did you want to be before?"

 

"A doctor." Kyungsoo states. 

 

"You? A doctor?" Jongin scoffs, looking at Kyungsoo with an amused face. "I thought you hated the hospital."

 

"Yeah but back then I really wanted to become a doctor for Hyunshik-" Kyungsoo explains, before he covers his mouth. "Sorry, isn't it bad to be talking about an ex-boyfriend in front of your new boyfriend?"

 

Smiling, Jongin pats Kyungsoo's head. "It's fine, go on."

 

"But then I quickly switched my major to buisness because it was easier to find jobs." Kyungsoo explains. "That's how I'm here, I guess. What about you? What did you do during your childhood?"

 

"I don't really like to talk about my private life." Jongin responds, letting out a deep sigh. "My childhood was hell. I was raised how my parents wanted me to eat, drink, behave, and even sleep. So when I was 18, I moved out and bought my own place thinking that I would become more independent and live for myself. But it turns out that I was wrong, my mom still liked to meddle with my personal buisness."

 

"Is that why you had me pretend to be your boyfriend?"

 

"You were everything she hated." Jongin explains. "As the CEO of the company, I knew what all of my employee's backgrounds and annoying habits. Yours was just so perfect that when you walked in that day I just decided to take a chance."

 

"So you kissed me?" Kyungsoo scoffs. "That really pissed me off."

 

"Well you kicked my balls." Jongin laughs recalling their past memories. "I think we're even now-"

 

Suddenly, Jongin feels a hand shoving him into the water. The next thing Jongin notices is that now he was surrounded by a large body of water -completely soaked. Looking up, Jongin sees Kyungsoo sticking his tongue out. "Now we're even!"

 

Immediately, Jongin stands up and chases after the latter, who had ran off -scared that Jongin might push him to the water as well. "Come back here!"

 

-

 

"Where are we going?" Luhan questions, as he follows Sehun out of the Wu Entertainment building. The second Sehun had finished his schedule for the day, Sehun grabbed Luhan and headed straight out of the door. 

 

Sehun fastens his steps, as he nears his car. Sehun reaches into his pockets to retrieve his keys, before he presses the button and hears a beep being made. Immediately, Sehun takes a seat on the drivers seat and waits for Luhan to be seated before he speaks. "We're making a quick stop."

 

Raising an eyebrow, Luhan begins to put on his seatbelt. "Where?"

 

"There's someone that wants to see you." Sehun replies, before he starts the ignition. As he drives to their destination, he sees Luhan staring at him from the corner of his eyes. Smirking, Sehun speaks. "Am I that handsome that you can't take your eyes off of me?"

 

Scoffing, Luhan shyly looks away. "It's just different."

 

"What's different?" Sehun asks, glancing towards Luhan, who was now staring out of the window. 

 

"You driving and all." Luhan laughs slightly when he begins to recall his past memories with Sehun. "In the past, I would be the one driving you around. I never would've pictured having you drive me this time around. Who wouldn've known that you would've turned into a man while I was away?"

 

"Well, I do wear the pants in this relationship." 

 

"Says who?"

 

"Me. I declared it." Sehun responds, stopping the car when he sees a red light. 

 

Rolling his eyes, Luhan scoffs. "Stop thinking just of your wants."

 

"Not true." Sehun replies, giving Luhan a quick glance. "I care about you don't I? If you want, I'll even put your needs ahead of mine. Is there anything that you want? Tell me and I'll get it for you."

 

"Anything?" Luhan laughs. "What if I told you that I wanted a star?"

 

"I am a movie star. What other star would you need-"

 

"What if I wanted a real star? One up in the skies?" Luhan raises an eyebrow. "Would you get me that even though it's impossible?"

 

"Impossible?" Sehun scoffs. "That's not impossible. There's ways of getting a star but why would you want a star anyways? What are you going to do with it?"

 

"It's a secret." 

 

"So you're not going to tell me?" Sehun raises an eyebrow, before he parks the car near the hospital.

 

"Are we going to visit Baek?" Luhan questions, ignoring Sehun's past question. 

 

Unbuckling his seatbelt, Sehun opens the door of the car and steps out. Paciently, Sehun waits for Luhan to get out of the car before Sehun ultimately locks the vehicle. "No, we're going to visit my grandfather. He heard from Tao that you came back so he told me to take you here and got mad at me for not telling him sooner. I mean, I was going to but freaking Tao's a blabber mouth-"

 

"Do they know each other?" Luhan questions, when he enters the hospital besides Sehun. 

 

Nodding, Sehun searches for his grandfather's hospital room. "Tao helped me when grandfather was sick. Tao even visits him when he has no plans for the day. That's probably why he likes Tao more than me now."

 

"That's not true-"

 

"It is." Sehun laughs, before he turns the knob and enters the room quietly -just in case his grandfather was still resting. Approaching the hospital bed, Sehun begins to gently shake his grandfather awake. "Grandpa I brought Luhan with me-"

 

Groaning, Grandfather pushes Sehun away before he turns to his side and places a pillow over his head. Hurt, Sehun scoffs but before he has a chance to speak, Luhan interrupts. "It's me grand-"

 

Blinking, Grandfather begins to sit up right from the bed. Smiling, Grandfather reaches for Luhan's hand before pulling him into an embrace. "I've missed you."

 

"I've missed you too." Luhan replies, feeling a bit teary.

 

A sudden ring interrupts the conversation, causing Sehun to fish his phone out of his pockets. "I'll be back. I have to take this call. It's my manager."

 

When Sehun leaves the room, Luhan bows his head in front of Grandfather. "I'm sorry for causing you trouble when I left. I should've told you-"

 

Patting Luhan's head, Grandfather lips curve into a smile. "It's okay. I want to apologize in behalf of Sehun. The kid can't seem to do anything right. Especially keep the one's that matter the most to him." 

 

"How are you?"

 

"Getting better." Grandfather replies. 

 

"You must always be healthy. You can't get sick anymore."  

 

 Nodding, Grandfather smiles. "And how about you? What have you been up to while you were away? I was quite worried about you-"

 

 "I'm sorry for worrying you." Luhan replies feeling tears begin to form from guilt. "I just thought that Sehun... I mean, I overheard-"

 

"I know. Tao told me." Grandfather laughs slightly. "But I understand. I told you the kid doesn't know how to express himself to others but he does care about you. He won't tell you directly but it'll show through his actions. He went to Japan for you-"

 

"I know." 

 

"I'm the only family that kid has now. When I'm gone, I hope I can depend on you to protect him." Grandfather says, laying back down on the bed. "Actually I don't know how long I can keep actually calling him a kid. At home I feel like he's still my little boy but when I see him on television, I begin to notice how much he's grown. Maybe this career was a good choice. Before I was the one taking care of him... now, he's the one taking care of me."

 

Luhan nods. "I was thinking the exact thing a while ago."

 

"I'm back." Sehun announces, as he casually walks into the room. He places the phone back into his pockets before he speaks again. "What did you guys talk about?"

 

"How much I like Tao better." 

 

Rolling his eyebrows, Sehun turns to face Luhan with an annoyed look on his face. "Told you."

 

They chat for a couple of more minutes, before a nurse comes in and says that visiting hours were now over. Standing up, Sehun waves his goodbyes. "Don't skip your meals and drink lots of water. Follow what the doctors tell you and don't complain. I'll come back soon."

 

"I'll try to visit you as soon as possible too." Luhan states, giving Grandfather a warm smile. "I hope you stay healthy."

 

Soon after their quick visit to the hospital, Sehun takes Luhan to a nearby coffee shop to grab a quick bite to eat before he sends Luhan back home. Of course Luhan refused at first, telling Sehun that it could be a potential danger to Sehun because what if papaazzi's find them together? Luhan didn't want his face to be printed on the first page of every newspaper in the city. But when Sehun suggested that he wore a cover up of some sort to avoid the paparazzi, Luhan finally agreed.

 

"I don't get why you're so nervous about stepping outside with me." Sehun remarks, opening the door for Luhan as they enter the cafe. "Relax, there's no paparazzi's here. It's almost 2 in the morning, they're probably all sleeping by now."

 

"I don't get why you're not nervous. It's your career on the line." Luhan replies. "I don't feel good about this. Why don't we just take these to go and drink in the car."

 

"I want to eat here."

 

Sighing, Luhan skims around the room, feeling somewhat anxious. "Fine. How about you sit there and I'll sit here-"

 

"That's ridiculous." Sehun replies, taking a seat on an empty table before he sends Luhan a stern look. "I want to sit with you. Sit down or I'll cry and expose myself-"

 

"Geez, so childish." Luhan scoffs, ultimately following Sehun's orders and takes a seat. 

 

Satisfied with himself, Sehun stands up. "Stay here and I'll order some food and drinks."

 

Nodding, Luhan watches as Sehun makes his way towards the cashier. Honestly, Luhan didn't understand why Sehun felt so comfortable going to a cafe with him so casually. Aren't celebrities supposed to fear going out in public? Besides, even though Sehun was more popular than most actors, Sehun was still just a rookie actor meaning that one small scandal could destroy his career - a career that Sehun loved so much. 

 

Luhan promised Grandfather to protect Sehun but what if Luhan was just causing more damage because of their relationship?

 

A sudden flash catches Luhan's attention, causing him to look around, in suprise. Turning around, Luhan catches a glimpse of a suspicious man running off into the distance with a camera in his hands. 

 

As much as Luhan wanted to keep his word, could he really protect Sehun?

 

"Here." Sehun says, as he walks over to the table and hands Luhan his drink. "I got you an Americano."

 

"Thanks." Luhan replies, feeling somewhat wary. Taking the coffee into his hands Luhan takes a sip. Soon after the coffee hits his tongue, Luhan notices the bitter taste still lingering inside of his tongue. 

 

-

 

After their tour around the big island, Jongin and Kyungsoo had decided to head back to the hotel after a long, tiring day of walking and taking pictures of pinapples... of course. As the sun began to set, Kyungsoo decided that he wasn't going to spend his last few hours inside of of their boring hotel room so instead he had convinced Jongin to go with him in the jacuzzi located just off of their balcony. Besides who could pass up an oppurtunity like this?

 

"Do we have to leave tommorrow?" Kyungsoo sighs, looking out across the distance. "I don't want to go. If you want, you can leave and I can stay here-"

 

"Sorry, to burst your bubble but if I go, you're coming with me." Jongin replies,

 

"But there's so much I didn't see... or do!" Kyungsoo pouts, lowering his head so that now he felt the water against his hair. "I wanted to go surfing. Then maybe go fishing for a couple of hours- Oh! Ryeowook told me about this cove underwater or something. It sounded really interesting."

 

Jongin raises an eyebrow. "You never told me how you two actually met. I leave you alone for a couple of hours and the next thing I know is that you're getting frisky with another guy-" 

 

Kyungsoo splashes the water on Jongin's face. "I was not getting frisky!"

 

Laughing, Jongin wipes the water off of his face. "Whatever. Tell me."

 

"I meet him inside of a cafe." Kyungsoo shakes his head. "Oh wait! No we went to the cafe after I kind of bumped into him on the first day we came. You know, when you kind of ditched me to on that buisness meeting." 

 

"I didn't ditch you. You knew about it." 

 

"I know." Kyungsoo letting out a deep sigh. "You're job's important to you. Of course you need to put it ahead of other things."

 

"You're important to me too." Jongin announces, causing Kyungsoo to blush in response. Laughing, Jongin scoots in closer against the latter. "I hope you realize soon that I'm serious about you."

 

Nodding, Kyungsoo gives Jongin a quick peck on his cheeks, suprising Jongin. Probably because... well Kyungsoo never makes the first move. It was always Jongin to be the first to start anything. Immediately, Kyungsoo looks away in embarrassment, before he replies in a soft voice. "Me too."

 

"When I wasn't there in the morning... Actually it wasn't morning...When you woke up, did you think I left?" Jongin questions, still smiling over what had just happened. "Were you upset?"

 

Nodding, Kyungsoo places his head on top of Jongin's shoulder. "Yeah... but I would've understood-"

 

Suddenly, Jongin grabs Kyungsoo's chin so that now, Kyungsoo was looking directly into Jongin's eyes. "I want you to trust me. Our relationship would be pointless if we don't have trust."

 

"I trust you."

 

"Good." Jongin's lips curve into a warm smile, before he leans in and connects his lips with Kyungsoo's. Getting fully emersed in the kiss, Kyungsoo parts his lips slightly for Jongin's tongue to enter. 

 

Although the view of the ocean was a magnificant sight, Jongin found that Kyungsoo's body was far more beautiful than any sight around the big island. Even more beautiful than the sight of pinapples.

 

Jongin loved pinapples, but it just so happened that he loved Kyungsoo more.

 

-

 

Approaching the doors for the hospital, Chanyeol hesitates for a minute before he hurridly walks through , looking a bit worn out and tired. After his conversation with Baekhyun yesterday, Chanyeol relunctantly returned home to allow Baekhyun some time for himself. During that time, Chanyeol didn't know what to do. The apartment was just so lonely without Baekhyun there. If this was life without Baekhyun by his side, then Chanyeol would die of boredom and regret. Sure, everything Baekhyun said was correct, but was Chanyeol really going to let go of Baekhyun and marry someone he has no intentions of marrying?

 

Hell no.

 

Chanyeol swore to himself not to marry for money like his parents and by marrying Lay could make him break that promise to himself. Baekhyun can hit him all he wants, curse him until his mouth starts to hurt, or even call Chanyeol an idiot for his unreasonable decision but Chanyeol wouldn't care. Chanyeol already made his decision. 

 

"I'm here to visit Byun Baekhyun." Chanyeol informs, as he stands infront of the receptionist desk. Chanyeol watches, as the lady quickly types something with her keyboard -Baekhyun's name, Chanyeol figures- before the lady looks up, looking confused and dazed. "Is there something wrong?"

 

"I'm sorry, but Mr. Byun's gone."

 

Chanyeol's eyebrows begin to furrow, in shock. "Gone?" 

 

As in dead? Baekhyun died? Baekhyun couldn't have died. He seemed kindof stabled yesterday and the latter didn't show any signs of suicide... But Baekhyun did say that he should've died too along with the baby. What the-

 

Nodding, the lady scrolls down. "Mr. Byun was released yesterday during the night."

 

"By?" Chanyeol questions, relieved yet a little confused because who in the right mind decided to release Baekhyun in the first place? After the accident that just happened, he imagined the latter to stay in the hospital for at least a week until Baekhyun had felt better about losing the baby.

 

"I'm sorry sir. We're not allowed to give out to strangers-"

 

Chanyeol slams his fists ontop of the counter, startling the receptionist. Chanyeol didn't know what came over him... Was it the thought of Baekhyun being gone that made him act like that? Or was it the fact that maybe Baekhyun and Chanyeol were strangers now? After all, Baekhyun did set Chanyeol free to marry someone else... Softening his face, Chanyeol bows in front of the lady before lowering his gaze.

 

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted like that. Thank you for your help."

 

Turning around, Chanyeol pivots his foot to walk away. Thoughts begin to overwelm Chanyeol as he thinks of possible people that might have released Baekhyun from the hospital. It wasn't like any of Baekhyun's friends could release Baekhyun anyways -that was strictly prohibited- only family member's were allowed to do so... So does that mean, a relative might have released Baekhyun? Shaking his head, Chanyeol opens the front door of his car, before plopping into the driver's seat with an uneasy feeling in his heart.

 

The next thing he sees is a text message from his mom, reminding Chanyeol that his wedding was only mere days away.

 

3 days to be exact.


A/N: It's so hard thinking of titles. Anyways, I totally forgot I even had a poll going on but there's so many Hunhan shippers out there!^^