Unraveling The Past

I Couldn't Stay Away

When Kyungsoo was little, he had wanted to become a doctor.

 

When he grew up he got into a serious relationship with the school's football quarter back, Lim Hyunshik. Their relationship was nothing but mere perfection in Kyungsoo's eyes and was determined that Hyunshik was the one that Kyungsoo was going to spend the rest of his life with. However during a football game, Hyunshik had gotten hurt half-way through the game and had collapsed in the middle of the field. He was rushed quickly to the hospital and was diagnosed with Melanoma -the most serious and dangerous type of skin cancer. At first, all of the coaches thought it was just a sprain or a slight injury but cancer never actually occured to them. Throughout his fourth year of highschool, Kyungsoo had helped Hyunshik go through his condition together. Kyungsoo was at the hospital everyday, holding Hyunshik's hand whenever he had to take shots and medications.

 

"When I die, I want you to find someone even more handsome and caring than I was to you." Hyunshik said, running his hands through Kyungsoo's hair, as the two laid down togther on the hospital bed. He kissed the top of Kyungsoo's forehead, before he spoke. "Okay?"

 

Nodding, tears began spilling out of Kyungsoo's eyes, as he snuggled closer towards Hyunshik. "Don't say that, you'll be fine. You'll make it-"

 

But Hyunshik didn't make it.

 

A couple of months later, Kyungsoo found himself dressed in black, watching as Hyunsik's body drifted farther and farther away from the ground during Hyunshik's burial ceremony. After Hyunshik's death, the thought of becoming a doctor vanished from Kyungsoo's mind and he eventually moved to the city to get away from the pain he had felt. Besides how could he stay in the countryside when the person he loved the most died there right in front of his eyes? 

 

"Kyungsoo." Jongin says, trying to shake Kyungsoo's body in an effort to wake him up. "How did he even manage to fall asleep in such a short amount of time? I left 10 minutes ago."

 

"Hyunshik." Kyungsoo says in his sleep, shifting a little to his side. "Don't go."

 

Furrowing his eyebrows, Jongin tilts his head in confusion. Who the hell was Hyunshik? And why the hell was he so important that Kyungsoo was fantasizing about him? Was Kyungsoo cheating on him already? They had only started dating a few weeks ago.

 

Kyungsoo stirs in his sleep, slowly opening his eys as he wakes up from his deep slumber. He didn't have much work today but decided to stay until Jongin was finished with his. Besides they had a date today and Kyungsoo wasn't willing to let that slide.

 

Kyungsoo rubs his eyes, tiredly before he speaks. "Have you finished?"

 

"Yeah, let's go?" Jongin's lips curve into a warm smile, deciding to let the Hyunshik thing go as of that moment. He'll bring it up later, but not now -Jongin decides. 

 

Nodding, Kyungsoo stands up in a hurry, as he gathers the rest of his belongings. "Let me just take care of a few things. I'll be right out."

 

After Hyunshik's death, Kyungsoo thought he wouldn't be able to find anyone else. He lived lost and alone in the city for more than 5 years of his life until one day Kyungsoo stumbled across a cold, stubborn CEO, who had forced Kyungsoo to become his boyfriend just to fool his mother for his freedom. Kim Jongin was his name. Jongin was arrogant, bothersome, and even annoying but Jongin cared for Kyungsoo just like Hyunshik did.

 

Now, as Kyungsoo walks out of the office, he sees Jongin leaning against the wall, waiting patiently for Kyungsoo to emerge. Smiling, Kyungsoo begins to think that maybe everything happens for a reason. Maybe Jongin was the cure to help relieve the pain from Kyungsoo's past. Maybe Hyunshik's death didn't mean the end of Kyungsoo's love life but the start to a new beginning.

 

"Are you ready?"

 

Nodding, Kyungsoo smiles, before interwining his fingers with Jongin's. "Yeah."

 

-

 

"Favorite food?" Chanyeol questions, as he runs his fingers through Baekhyun's growing baby bump. The two were in the living room watching a boring documentary with Baekhyun's head laying gently on top of Chanyeol's legs.

 

As the two watch the documentary together, Baekhyun immediately became bored and suggested that they play a game together. However, it wasn't really a game, but rather an attempt for the two to get to know one another more.

 

"Stop that Yeol, it tickles." Baekhyun giggles, removing Chanyeol's hand out of his stomach. 

 

Chanyeol pouts, showing his sad, rejected expression to Baekhyun. "Why? It's my kid too, Baek. I can do whatever I want to it. Anyways, you haven't answered my question. I'll give you 3 seconds... 1... 2-"

 

"I like seafood pasta, but without clams. I'm allergic to clams." Baekhyun replies, before turning his attention to Chanyeol. Suddenly, something occurs in Baekhyun's head, causing him to nudge Chanyeol's arm to capture his attention away from the television. "Have you thought of any baby names, yet?"

 

Turning over to Baekhyun, Chanyeol grins. "No. Why? Have you?"

 

"No. Not really." Baekhyun replies. "I don't know any good boy names-"

 

"Boy? We're having a boy?" Chanyeol questions, face lighting up as he plants a kiss on top of Baekhyun's forehead. "It still feels surreal, Baek. We're actually having a baby-"

 

Baekhyun giggles. "We're getting off topic. Favorite number?"

 

"Really, Baek?"

 

Baekhyun shrugs. "What? You don't have a favorite number? Because I do. It's 48-"

 

"Okay... umm... 21?" Chanyeol responds, letting out a laugh. "Favorite position?"

 

Baekhyun scoffs, giving Chanyeol an unamused look. "Are you ing with me right now?"

 

"Geez, Baek. I couldn't think of anything else. Are you going to answer it or do you want me to kiss you?" Chanyeol grins, lowering his face so that he was only a couple of millimeters away from Baekhyun's lips. "It's your decision."

 

"You're so gross." Baekhyun laughs, before he sits upright and shrugs. "I don't know-"

 

Standing up, Chanyeol suddenly lifts Baekhyun from the couch and into his arms. Chanyeol then leads both of them out of the living room and into their bedroom. "Well lets go find out."

 

"Idiot. I'm pregnant." Baekhyun blushes, as he tightly holds on to Chanyeol's neck for support. "I told you we wouldn't be having-"

 

"Relax. I was just kidding. I wouldn't pressure you into having with me. I mean, what kind of man would I be if I did?" Chanyeol responds, placing Baekhyun on top of the bed, before he lays down next to him. "It was getting late and I just wanted to cuddle with you."

 

"Chanyeol."

 

Chanyeol brings Baekhyun into his embrace. "What is it, Baek?"

 

"I just farted."

 

"God, I love you."

 

-

 

It was another one of Wu Entertaiment's monthly gatherings to create a stronger bond with one another. It wasn't necessary maditory to go, but considering the fact that Luhan had nothing else to do with his life, he had choosen to go for the hell of it. Annoyed with the loud, abnoxious music Luhan chooses to step outside into the garden when he suddenly stumbles upon Sehun's back figure, who turns to him when he suddenly hears the door opening. The two haven't spoken much to one another after the talk they had a couple of weeks ago about Sehun's grandfather being ill so being there was kind of awkward for Luhan.

 

"I didn't- Sorry, I'll leave-"

 

"It's fine you don't have to leave." Sehun replies, taking a deep breath before he turns away and continues to stare at the scenary of the Japanese garden -mostly focusing his attention on the Koi fishes that were currently swimming in the pond.

 

Luhan however, wasn't excatly sure whether to stay or leave. If Luhan had stayed, then there was most likely a chance for Luhan and Sehun to interact with one another and resolve their issues, as a way of closure for the both of them. But if Luhan had left, the issues between them would be unresolved, creating an even more awkward and bitter relationship with one another. Shrugging, Luhan approaches the pond and stands besides Sehun.

 

"When I was living in Japan, my roomate told me that people in Japan believe that koi fishes symbolize wealth, prosperity, love, successful career and good fortune." Luhan states. "I just thought that Japanese people liked them because they were so colorful but they had a meaning. I guess."

 

"Why are you telling me this?"

 

"To clear the air." Luhan replies. "We need to talk and clear up this whole situation between us. Because I'm sick and tired of being awkward around you while we work. We need some closure-"

 

"Well what are you suggesting we do?"

 

"Be friends."

 

Sehun scoffs. "Friends?"

 

"Luhan, I don't think you understand. I don't want to be friends."

 

"Why?"

 

"Why?" Sehun repeats, getting a little angrier which was heard through his deep, husky tone. "Because you broke things off before I even had a chance to explain anything! Did our relationship only involve you or something? Because it sure ing felt like it."

 

"Well, what was I supposed to do, Sehun? I was in the ing bathroom when I found out by these students that you were just using me because of my money." Luhan replies, with his voice cracking a little. "And you know why I believed it? Because out of those 7 months we spent togther, I never heard an "I love you" come out of your mouth. Hell, I didn't even know if you truely cared about me at all-"

 

"If you would've let me explain, I would've!" Sehun shouts out in frustration. He didn't mean to yell, but he was just so upset. Since he was suddenly forced to remember his feelings that he had felt back then. "Did you even know how I felt when you left? It was hard for me to even function.

 

Sighing, Sehun then runs his fingers through his hair. "And when I did finally see you, you ing- nevermind." 

 

Luhan scrunches his forehead, in curiosity. Sehun went to Japan? "What do you mean when you saw me?"

 

"Nothing. It's nothing. Forget about it."

 

"It's not nothing." Luhan replies, furrowing his eyebrows in response. "You can't just start a conversation and then end it. I want you to explain to me what the hell this is about. I never knew you ing went to Japan? For what? Work? A friend-"

 

"You!" Sehun shouts out, before a sigh escapes his lips. "I ing went for you."

 

"I chased after you when I had enough money to go. I just got out of college and I didn't get paid much so it took me a while but me and grandfather raised enough money so that I could clear this whole thing up with you. He knew how much you ing meant to me so he worked part time as a cashier to a local market even though he was already retired-"

 

Luhan was speechless. He had wanted to talk but nothing could come out of his mouth. Instead he feels his insides beginning to ache in pain. "I-" 

 

"But then when I finally get to Japan, do you know what the hell I see?" Sehun interrupts, face suddenly turning alot darker. "You smacking lips with a co-worker or something. So what the hell was I to think? We weren't together anymore so I figured you already found someone else. I mean why else would you be making out with someone, right?"

 

"Then grandfather got ill when I returned and I felt my whole world was falling apart. And the only person I could blame was you. I wanted to hate you. I really did, because you seemed so happy while I was just so ing miserable." Sehun continues. "And after constantly reminding myself that, I really did start to."

 

"You wanted ing closure, well there's you ing closure." Sehun hisses, as he pivots his feet and begins to walk towards the opposite direction. "Goodbye, Luhan."

 

When Sehun leaves, Luhan breaks down in the middle of the garden and cries. He just wanted to go home, away from everything. But he doesn't even know where his home was at the moment. A couple of months ago, home was where ever Sehun was but now Luhan wasn't so sure.

 

Did Luhan even have a place to call home anymore? 

 

 -

 

"He's so cute." Kyungsoo coos, as he snuggles his head closer on top of Jongin's chest. After a quick dinner together at a local pizza shop, they both decided to hang out in Jongin's apartment until the rain stopped and was safe for Kyungsoo to return home. Now, the two were cuddling on the sofa, watching the movie, Big Hero 6 -something that Kyungsoo, himself picked out.

 

Scoffing, Jongin turns to Kyungsoo with an eyebrow raised. "He's a big, fluffy, white robot. I don't see anything cute about that-"

 

"I don't see anything not cute about that." Kyungsoo snorts, giving Jongin an unamused look before he croses his arms and huffs. "You obviously don't have good taste."

 

"I'm dating you aren't I?" Jongin lets out a laugh, putting his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder. "You just pretty much insulted yourself. Idiot-"

 

Rolling his eyes, Kyungsoo stands up from the couch and looks through the open window. The rain already stopped pouring and Kyungsoo decided it was time to go. Besides, it was getting late anyways and Jongin looked tired from overworking too much. 

 

Furrowing his eyebrows, Jongin speaks. "Where are you going?"

 

"It stopped raining, I should get going-"

 

 

"Can't you just stay the night?" Jongin pouts, grabbing Kyungsoo's wrist and pulling him into his lap. Jongin wraps his hands around his boyfriend, before he places his head on Kyungsoo's shoulder. "Besides we don't have work tomorrow. We can just stay in bed and-"

 

"Have you forgotten about our flight tomorrow or something?" Kyungsoo replies, raising an eyebrow. "How am I supposed to pack?"

 

"We could just buy things along the way-"

 

"Jongin, stop wasting your money on me. I'm fine-"

 

Jongin pouts "I'm not wasting my money on you. I'm just pampering you that's all. Stop avoiding the subject and just tell me you're going to spend the night."

 

"What about your dogs? I can't sleep with dogs barking at me-"

 

"They're at Jessica's house." Jongin reponds. "She said that she was going to take care of them for a while. I don't really know the reason. But please?"

 

Sighing, Kyungsoo smiles. "Fine. I'll stay over just for tonight."

 

"Oh, I forgot. I was going to ask you something." Jongin remembers, tightening his grip on Kyungsoo. "Who's Hyunshik? You were talking about him in your sleep."

 

"You heard?" Kyungsoo lets out a weak laugh, fumbling with Jongin's fingers which only worries Jongin more. "He's just an ex. I've told you about him before."

 

Jongin raises an eyebrow. "You have?"

 

"He was my ex-boyfriend in highschool." Kyungsoo explains, he then turns around to face Jongin.

 

"You don't have any feelings for him still do you?"

 

Kyungsoo places a soft kiss on top of Jongin's lips. "Jongin, Hyunshik's dead-"

 

Jongin looks up, alarmed. "Oh, I'm sorry."

 

"It's fine." Kyungsoo smiles, caressing Jongin's face. "I haven't dated anyone in 5 years after he died. You're the first so you better treat me like a princess."

 

"I'm honored Princess Do." Jongin replies, taking Kyungsoo's hand and planting a kiss on top of it, causing Kyungsoo to giggle in embarrassment. 

 

"But really Jongin, thank you."

 

"For what?"

 

"Liking me back." Kyungsoo reponds, flashing a sincere smile towards Jongin. "I know I have alot of flaws and stuff but I really do like you. I'm sorry when I nag you sometimes or bother you during work. It's a force of habit."

 

Grinning, Jongin raises an eyebrow. "Are you confessing to me right now?"

 

"What? No I... I-" 

 

Before Kyungsoo has a chance to reply, Jongin pulls Kyungsoo closer besides him and runs his fingers through his hair. "I honestly, don't understand why you're thanking me when I should be the one thanking you. I mean I forced you into becoming my boyfriend just because I wanted my freedom back. I wasn't even considering your feelings and I hurt you along the way because of that. I'm sorry for being an ."

 

"If you never forced me into becoming your boyfriend, we wouldn't even have happened." Kyungsoo responds back. "So it's okay."

 

"Kyungsoo?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"I really like you too. You're mine."


-

 

"Luhan!" 

 

Luhan hears from behind, as he's about to get into his car to drive back home. Luhan quickly wipes the remaining tears from his eyes before he turns to face Tao with a smile on his face. Luhan's smile, however, vanishes when he sees a sleeping Sehun being piggy backed by Tao.

 

"Hey, sorry but is it okay if you drop Sehun home?"

 

Luhan hesitates, rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably. "Umm... I-"

 

"Please." Tao begs, in a desperate plead for Luhan's help. "He lives only a couple of minutes away from here and I can't take him home. Please-"

 

Sighing, Luhan nods. "Alright, just text me his address."

 

"Thanks you're the best!" Tao responds, placing Sehun's drunken body inside of Luhan's passenger seat of his car. When he's finished, Tao quickly thanks Luhan, before he ultimately leaves and returns back into the building. 

 

Sighing, Luhan can't help but feel awkward. Here he was again with Sehun after their conversation a couple of minutes ago. He was going to plan on ignoring the latter... forever but it looks like he was going to have to spend a couple of more minutes with Sehun before he can. 

 

Suddenly Luhan's thoughts are interrupted when he recieves a message, breaking the silence and causing Sehun to stir in his sleep. Luhan immediately takes out his cell phone from his pockets and begins to read the text message Tao had sent -probably Sehun's address, Luhan figures. Luhan tilts his head in confusion as he reads the text message with his eyes widening. 

 

Luhan stares at his phone in disbelief, he shakes his head -thinking that he might have read Tao's text message incorrectly but the address to Sehuns house remains the same. Luhan turns his attention towards Sehun, who remained asleep on the passenger's seat. Luhan scrunches his forehead in confusion, before he speaks, eyes never leaving Sehuns figure.

 

"Who the hell gave you the permission to live in my old apartment, Oh Sehun?"


A/N: Next update will include Baekyeol's drama which is primarily the reason why they appeared in this chapter briefly. Plus Hunhan and hopefully everything makes sense. Then Kaisoo... I'm hesistant whether or not I want to create angst for them. I had two senarios for them. One is slightly angst and the other is just straight up sad. But everything's already sad so I don't know. 

Spoiler for next chapter: