Bittersweet

I Couldn't Stay Away

Chanyeol hated hospitals. He hated the atmosphere that the hospital had. The sound of people crying and mourning over the death of their loved ones wasn't all too exciting either. Biting his nails, in nervousness, Chanyeol turns to his mother, who sobbed into the palms of her hands, as she silently prayed for her husband too be okay. Chanyeol pulls her into a warm, comforting hug, as the two wait outside of Mr. Park's hospital room -where he had been staying for more then 5 hours. 

 

Suddenly, the sound of the door opening interrupts the two and Chanyeol is quick to emerge to the doctor's side, wanting an answer to what had happened to his father. He furrows his eyebrows, with a worried look on his face, as he watches the doctor fumbling with his clipboard. "Is there something-"

 

"Mr. Park had a minor heart attack." The doctor explains, fixing his eyeglasses that was about to fall from his face. He then turns to Chanyeol with a stern look on his face. "Even though it was minor, it still did do some damage to his health. I recommend you let him rest for a while because the heart attack must have been due to the stress he had been recieving. He'll be discharged after we finish running a couple of more tests on him, but you are free to check up on him if you would like."

 

Chanyeol nods his head, as he waits for further information from the doctor. When there is none, Chanyeol quickly thanks the doctor, before he heads into his father's room, with his mother following close behind. The two watch as Mr. Park lay on top of the hospital bed, looking weak and very fragile. 

 

Mrs. Park sobs, as she rushes towards her husband's side. "I told you not to stress yourself out to much! Now, look what happened. You had a heart attack and nearly killed yourself. Thank god it was just minor-"

 

"And yet, I'm still alive. Aren't I?" Mr. Park replies, before turning his attention towards Chanyeol, who kept his distance. "Cover for me at work while I'm gone. If I can't help the company recover from bankruptcy then I hope you can."

 

Chanyeol lowers his head. "I understand."

 

"Chanyeol you stay here while I get some food." Mrs. Park says, as she walks towards the door. "Make sure nothing happens to your father and that he's not working. Because I'm pretty sure he will-"

 

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Mr. Park replies, rolling his eyes, as Mrs. Park leaves.

 

"Regarding your engagement, it's been pushed ahead of time." Mr. Park says suddenly, causing Chanyeol to shot his head back up in a confused state. "We've contacted with Lay's parents and they've arranged the wedding to be set 2 months from now. You're going to China next week-"

 

"No."

 

Mr. Park's face turns sour. "What?"

 

"I can't push through with this." Chanyeol replies. "I can't. I have a responsibility to-"

 

"To who? The only damn responsibilty you have is taking care of the company." Mr. Park replies, raising his voice slightly. "You'll do as I say."

 

Sighing, Chanyeol faces his father with a bold yet undecisive look on his face. "You don't understand. There's a reason why I can't get married to someone I've just met just for the sake of the company. I'm not like you, I can't marry for wealth. I have a boyfriend-"

 

"You what-"

 

"He's pregnant and it's mine."

 

"You little- ah" Mr. Park says, when he suddenly begins to feel his heart ache with the pain quickly beginning to spread throughout his whole body. In an instant, Mr. Park grips onto his chest -the place where the pain was located- and scrunches his forehead.

 

Chanyeol hastily phones the doctor, eyes never leaving his father to make sure that the latter was doing okay. Although Chanyeol was never really close with either of his parents, it still pained him to see his father at such a state. Mr. Park tightens his grip on his chest, alarming Chanyeol even further. The next thing he sees is the doctor emerging into the room, telling Chanyeol to wait outside while the doctor figures out what was wrong with his father. 

 

-

 

"I don't know what to say." Mrs. Park says, speechless after what Chanyeol had just told her. She places a hand on her forehead, in shock. She didn't really know what to think. Her husband was in the process of another heart attack and her son had impregnated a man. 

 

Minutes before, Mrs. Park had returned with a couple of healthy snacks for her husband only to find him in yet another heart attack caused by her son. After demanding to know what had happened while she was gone, Chanyeol had told her everything including the situation he was in with Baekhyun and how he couldn't marry Lay -not when he was expecting a child with someone he actually cared about. After hearing that her son had gotten another male pregnant, Mrs. Park's first instinct was to slap him. 

 

"I just wanted to tell him the truth." Chanyeol explains, lowering his head fighting back the tears that were begining to form. "It wasn't fair. I can't marry someone I've just met just because you guys want me to. I don't want to follow in your footsteps. I want to marry for love not wealth-"

 

Mrs. Park lets out a sigh and places her hand gently on Chanyeol's shoulder. "I know. But you know you're father. He only wants the best for you-"

 

Scoffing, Chanyeol raises an eyebrow, as he faces his mom. "Since when? Because up until now, he's treated me like crap-"

 

"It might look like that, but he really does care about you. He just wants you to be successful in life and have everything you desire. He's given you everything you ever wanted, don't you think it's time to repay him back?"

 

"Are you saying to-"

 

"I know you're not going to like what I say, but please for the sake of your father, please go through with the marriage." Mrs. Park pleads with tears running down her face.

 

"Your father's everything to me, Yeol. He can't leave. Not yet." Mrs. Park continues, overwhelmed with the situation going on. " And when he wakes up and hears about this, he might as well die right then and there. I'm begging you, Yeol. Please marry Lay not just for the company but for me and your father."

 

-

 

Jongin walks through the company building with a wide grin plastered on his face. He greets each and every employees with a " Good Morning" before he heads straight to his office. He chuckles quietly to himself during his ride on the elevator, making the employees even more curious about his bright and lively attitude today. Because let's face it. Jongin was never in a good mood. But today was different. Today, was the first official day since he and Kyungsoo had confessed their feelings and gotten together. 

 

Once the elevator doors open, Jongin turns right happily skips to his office. He hastily twists the door knob anxious to see his boyfriend - expecting Kyungsoo to have already arrived when he enters. As he steps foot to his office, he sees Kyungsoo stapling a couple of papers, causing Jongin to smile in glee and creep up next to him, before he hugs Kyungsoo's back. 

 

"You scaried me." Kyungsoo says, startled but nevertheless blushes at Jongin's actions. "Now, go to work. You have some papers-"

 

Jongin places his chin on the crook of Kyungsoo's neck and pouts, tightening his grip on the latter. "Can't I do those later? I want to spend some time with you first."

 

Kyungsoo pulls away with a serious look on his face. "This is still work, Mr. Kim. We can't let our relationship get in the way of work. The employees might find out and-"

 

"Well, then do you want to have dinner after work today?" Jongin asks, understanding what Kyungsoo's was trying to say. 

 

"Umm... I'll have to ask my boss." Kyungsoo replies, winking towards his boyfriend with a sly smile on his face. 

 

Jongin laughs. "I have a feeling that he'd say yes." 

 

-

 

"So you guys have been friend's for how long?"

 

"I guess since the beginning of highschool." Tao replies to the interviewer and then turns his head to face Sehun, who nods his head  in return. "We've known each other for a while now and I can't wait to work on another project together."

 

It was recently confirmed that Tao and Sehun would star in a new action film together, with other well known actors and actresses, causing the media to go crazy and desperate for interviews that could hopefully spill some secrets about the new film. Tao didn't mind, but Sehun did. Sehun hated interviews which was probably the reason why it was so hard for the press to get an interview of just Sehun. 

 

"This new film also portrays romance, is that correct?"

 

"That's correct, there will be romance between Gong Hyo Jin's charater and Jo In Sung's charater. This will be their second film together after 'It's Okay, It's Love' so I hope everyone anticipates for this film." Tao replies, smiling at the camera. "It's going to be very fun working with them."

 

"Speaking of romance, everyone's been dying to know about your romance between Wu Entertainment's CEO, Mr. Wu. It was confirmed only a month ago, but you guys have been dating longer than that period of time, is that correct?" 

 

 Tao smiles and nods his head. "We've been dating for more than 7 years and we are both still very much in love."

 

 "How about you, Sehun-shi? Are you in love right now?"

 

Suddenly, Sehun starts to feel very flustered, as he thinks of something to say that wouldn't make him sound stupid on national television. It was a simple yes or no question, but for some reason Sehun found it a difficult one to answer. When he turns to his side, Sehun sees Luhan having a conversation with another stylist backstage. He watches as Luhan laughs at a joke the stylist had made and Sehun found himself completely mesmerized by his ex-boyfriend. As his attention focuses in on Luhan, Sehun had began to forget about eveything else -including the question that had been directed towards him to answer.

 

He feels a nudge on his arm, gaining his attention back towards the inteviewer, who raises an eyebrow. "I-"

 

Tao fakes a smile and puts his arm around Sehun. "Sehun has started falling in love with bubble tea recently. He calls me often just to get him some. Isn't that right, Sehun?"

 

"Ah, yes that's true." Sehun replies, laughing slightly. 

 

Luhan watches the interview from the corner of his eyes even though he doesn't fully understand what they were talking about. When he starts to become uninterested, Luhan turns his attention towards the snack table and grabs a bag of chips. As he opens it, he feels a prescense approaching him.

 

"Excuse me. I'll just-"

 

Luhan blinks his eyes innocently, starstrucked because his idol was standing only a mere foot away from him. "Donghae? The Lee Donghae?"

 

Dongae smiles. "That's me and you are?"

 

"I-I'm Luhan. I'm Sehuns stylist and ocassionally Tao when he asks, but I can't believe that your here and I'm here and we're here together. I feel like im dreaming because you're my idol and I cant. Oh my gosh your real. Of course your realy, you're right here!"

 

"I'm such a fan. Opps I already said that. I-I God, you're tall." Luhan continues the he face palms himself. Because he just made himself sound like an idiot to his idol. Great. 

 

"Nice to meet you, Luhan." Donghae laughs, extending an arm out towards Luhan who immediately reacts and shakes his hand. "I'm Sehuns lover."

 

Luhans face falls along with his heart. It shouldn't have bothered him that Sehun was with someone. But it did. And now Luhans heart hurt. Alot.

 

"Kidding." Donghae replies, laughing slightly. "Well kindof. You see, I play a character that is in love with his character in a wierd stalker-ish way so it makes sense to call myself 'Sehun's lover'. You shouldve seen you're face-"

 

"Donghae, you're needed on camera." A voice interrupts, causing Donghae to turn around in suprise.

 

"Coming." Donghae shouts back, returning his attention to Luhan. "Well it was nice meeting you Luhan but I have to leave no. I hope I'll see you around soon."

 

-

 

Jongin leans against the wall, waiting for Kyungsoo to emerge from the office so that the two could go on their date. Jongin starts to compose himself when he finally sees Kyungsoo's tiny figure making his way towards him. Being a gentlemen, Jongin offers to carry Kyungsoo's things for him but Kyungsoo is quick to reject the offer and states that he was okay with carrying his things by himself.

 

"So Mr. Kim, where are you taking me today?" Kyungsoo says when he's in the car, waiting for Jongin to start the engine. "I'm expecting a lot considering this is our first date since we got together."

 

Jongins lips curve into a smile, as he keeps his eyes on the rode. "Sorry, but it's nearing midnight and I think the only thing still open is this revolving sushi bar that I used to go to when I was in highschool."

 

"So you're a man with sentimental values." Kyungsoo replies, laughing slightly. 

 

Jongin smirks. "You could say that or I was just really craving sushi and needed an excuse." 

 

The ride to the resteraunt was only a couple of minutes away and once they got there, Jongin intertwined his and Kyungsoo's fingers together, causing Kyungsoo to turn a light shade of pink. He hadn't expected Jongin to hold his hand, but nevertheless Kyungsoo liked it. A lot. 

 

"So I didn't see Jessica today. Did she not go to work?" Kyungsoo questions, a little curious, as he grabs a plate of California rolls from the revolving belt and places it on the table.

 

Jongin grabs his own plate of sushi and plops one into his mouth before replying. "She went to Las Vegas with a couple of her friends. Another vacation I guess. At least the buildings pretty quiet without her now. While you were gone, she was complaining non-stop about her wage. That should just be grateful I gave her a job."

 

"No wonder it was so quiet today." Kyungsoo replies, taking a sip of his drink. "When I first saw her, I thought she was your girlfriend-"

 

Jongin raises an eyebrow. "Did you get jealous?"

 

"Kind of." Kyungsoo honestly replies back, playing with his chopsticks. "But I didn't have a reason to care back then because we weren't really dating so I let it go. Who knew you two were related?"

 

"I know. Jessica's disgusting and I'm as hot as Channing Tatum." Jongin smirks, causing Kyungsoo to laugh at his comment. Then suddenly he watches as Kyungsoo's face turns sour.

 

"What about your mother? She's stopped coming to the building lately."

 

"She's in London." Jongin explains, smiling slightly to reassure Kyungsoo. "You don't have to worry about her anymore, I think she believed us when we were pretending and all. She won't bother us anymore."

 

Kyungsoo smiles back. "I hope so."

 

-

 

When Chanyeol gets home and puts his shoes besides Baekhyun's, he sees the latter laying down on the couch on his sides. Chanyeol then notices Baekhyun's growing stomach peeping through one of Chanyeol's worn out white shirt. Sighing at the scence before him, Chanyeol croutches down and carries Baekhyun bridal style to their bedroom. 

 

"Yeol?" Baekhyun stirs in his sleep. 

 

"You should've slept on the bed, Baek. Sleeping on the couch hurts your back. You said so yourself." Chanyeol replies, turning right to exit the living room. "Also, next time don't sleep on your stomach, remember what the doctor said?"

 

Baekhyun yawns, burying his head on Chanyeol's chest. "I was waiting for you. I missed you."

 

Smiling, Chanyeol opens the door of the bedroom and steps inside. He carefully places Baekhyun on top of the bed, before kissing his forehead. He then kisses Baekhyun's lips, causing Baekhyun to giggle with his eyes still closed. "I missed you too. You had no idea."

 

As Chanyeol walks towards their closet, Chanyeol notices Baekhyun sitting on top of the bed. He shrugs, before starting the conversation. "How was your appointment yesterday? I'm sorry I missed it."

 

"It's fine. You really didn't miss much." Baekhyun informs. "It was the same old, same old. But the baby has hair now, Yeol! Our baby's not bald anymore. And it's been kicking a little now. It hurts actually."

 

Chanyeol raises an eyebrow, intrigued with Baekhyun's information. Chanyeol gets on top of the bed and sits down besides him. "Really? Let me see-"

 

"I can't just make him kick." Baekhyun replies, sighing when he sees Chanyeol put his hand on his growing abdomen. "It kicks randomly you know. The doctor said it can hear us too. Maybe if you talk to it-"

 

Chanyeol hands rub against Baekhyun's stomach, as he speaks in a low, caring tone. "Hello? Hello? Kick if you hear me, little one. Because- Baek, it kicked! Did you see that? Wait you can't see that. I-I. It kicked!"

 

Baekhyun giggles over Chanyeol's exitement. "I know, I felt it. You idiot."

 

Chanyeol nears closer, examining the bump face to face. Everything was just so real. They were actually having a baby. There was an actually living thing growing inside of Baekhyun's stomach that Chnayeol, himself had helped make. And in less than 5 months the two of them would be parents to a newborn baby. He leans down and places a kiss on Baekhyun's stomach. "I love you very much."

 

"Very much." Chanyeol repeats, placing another kiss on top of Baekhyun's lips, catching him of guard, but nevertheless Baekhyun smiles in glee. He couldn't have been more content with his decision of staying indoors with Chanyeol, as it snowed outside. Because if he hadn't then none of this would've happened.

 


A/N: I actually made a plan guys. I'm not just going to write whatever anymore. *does the happy dance but then realizes that this was kindof a sad chapter and cries*