How to Make a Comeback (Part 3)

Your Very First Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Irene stood up from the fountain ledge and approached Seulgi as soon as she spotted the girl within her peripheral vision. Irene was the type of person to become bored easily, so she was just as easily distracted. Though she was mostly preoccupied with playing on her phone at the time, she could still distinguish Seulgi from the rest of the individuals in the area, even from the corner of her eye. It couldn't be difficult at all with her two most distinctive features: the fresh, bright pink bandage on her nose (another one from Suzy, she guessed) and her strangely hurried manner of walking, like she was usually in a rush to get somewhere. Irene wasn't interested in dating weird people, but Kang Seulgi seemed more interesting than just plain weird to her.

"Hi, Seulgi." Irene greeted with a slight smile as they stood across from one another. She briefly scanned the other girl once before continuing, "I'm guessing that your body and mind still haven't yet recovered from last night."

"Don't even get me started..." Seulgi muttered, refraining from launching into a full-on rant in front of Irene. Even she knew that the girl had seen more than enough last night, and she had to take mercy on her girlfriend at least. "Honestly, I'm surprised that you even called me out here today. If I were you, I would've broken up with me already, right after dropping me off at home. And I would've done it through text. In ten characters or less. Zero emojis. Personally, I'm too shameless to care, but I know most people won't feel the same." That was probably part of the reason why she only had two people she could surely call her friends.

"Well, I guess I'm not part of that majority then. I mean, people call me 'Irene the Serial Dater', and I don't really care. It wasn't your fault. Besides," Irene reached into her bag and pulled out a small bottle. "We haven't really gotten to know each other yet. One date isn't enough. You can say that I'm too curious about you at this point to care what other people think." Seulgi blinked, wondering why someone as attractive and well-known as Irene would willingly spend time with her. She hadn't really thought about it before (she'd only thought of herself). Irene handed the tiny bottle to her. "Here's a bottle of lubricant eye drops. I bought it this morning before coming here. If your eyes are still irritated, this should be able to help."

Seulgi blinked again, noticing that there indeed was some discomfort whenever she blinked. It wasn't unexpected when the impact of that hot sauce was incredibly strong. "Yeah, they are...thanks." She stared at the bottle and rolled it around in her hand, contemplating whether to try applying it to her eyes now. She'd never used eye drops before, so there was a huge chance that she was going to screw this up...like most of the things she tried to do.

Fortunately for Seulgi, Irene noticed her hesitation and drew closer to her. "Oh, I can help you if you'd like." She offered, and Seulgi immediately placed the bottle in her hand. "Just tilt your head back and keep your eyes open until you feel the drops. Ready?" She nodded and did as Irene told her to. She could feel one of Irene's small hands on her shoulder, steadying herself as she stood on the tips of her toes, and her other hand nearing her face. Irene herself was quite close to Seulgi, and though this wasn't the first time she'd been so close to her, Seulgi still felt that the situation was strange. People usually didn't come this close to her so easily, as easily as Irene did. She felt a cooling, almost refreshing sensation engulf her right eye as the first drop successfully landed. "That's one...here comes the next one."

"Seeeuuulgiii~! You're so mean, you ditched me!" At the sound of that terribly familiar voice, Seulgi flinched, the tip of the bottle nearly hitting her left eye as she did so. She heaved a sigh of relief and remained in place so they could just get the eye drop in and over with. Irene paused, looking confused as to why Seulgi was behaving this way as well as why a seemingly teenaged girl was sprinting straight towards them. Before she could mention the fastly approaching girl, said teenager dove once she was close enough to Seulgi and tackled her from behind. Irene and everyone else around the three of them were startled by an all-too familiar shriek of pure pain and agony equivalent to that of a certain hot sauce in the mucous membranes.

The newly arrived teenager flew off of Seulgi in horror, realizing what she'd done as Seulgi bent over and clutched at her eye, screaming without abandon. "DAMN IT AT THIS RATE I MIGHT AS WELL NOT HAVE EYES!" Irene glanced at the eye drop bottle in her hand and quickly figured out what had happened as she had watched the teenager headbutt her girlfriend in the back.

"Seulgi, are you okay?! I'm so sorry! I'm mad at you for ditching me but I'm not trying to kill you for it or anything!" Seulgi couldn't even speak coherently as she growled and held back the curses rioting at the back of . "I-It's okay if you lose one eye! That's why you have two!" While the teenaged girl was trying to apologize and comfort (?) Seulgi, Irene left to grab some things that might help the girl with her injury. "Please don't die! I won't get paid if you do!"

"You're worried about making money?!"

"Money makes the world go round, not your left eye! Not everything is about you, Seulgi!"

"Who do you think caused this injury, huh?! Look me in the eyes and say it to my face, you brat!"

"Don't you mean the 'eye'?!"

Luckily for both of them, Irene returned just in time, before Seulgi could tackle the younger girl into the fountain.

 

 

"How long do I have to wear this thing around my eye?" Seulgi asked, poking at the paper cup taped to her face. Yeri repeatedly mentioned how cute the little duck designs on the cup were, but Seulgi herself could not see it, of course. After much coaxing and explanation by Irene, Seulgi eventually gave up trying to fight the girl and arrived to the conclusion that she was suffering a bout of terrible luck. Could things get any worse for Seulgi? Yes, they could.

"Until you see a doctor. I don't think it's that bad, but I would suggest that you go see one as soon as you can. That's just a temporary fix." Irene told the other girl, who grumbled under her breath. 

"It's totally karma. She tore the wings off of my back earlier. I know it looked dumb, but that's what made me who I am." Irene heard the teenager whisper to her, and she turned to look at the much younger girl. She offered Irene a million-watt grin. "By the way, I haven't yet formally introduced myself! My name is Yerim, but please call me Yeri. I'm your Shipping Fairy, and I've been hired to make all of your shipping dreams come true!" With that said, Irene merely stared at her blankly. Yeri cleared and further explained, "I'm going to make you and Seulgi a real, loving couple!"

Please log in to read the full chapter