Seven

It (Lies) In the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yoongi there you are!” a hand pulls on Yoongi's shoulder roughly. It's Hoseok—a very sweaty and drunk Hoseok. He's holding a nearly passed out Namjoon on one side, Jin supporting him on the other.

            “Namjoon is wasted so we're gonna head back. Do you want to come? We're all leaving,” Hoseok explains in bullet points.

            “What about Jimin? And his friends?”

            “They're already outside.”

            “Is Jimin okay?” Yoongi gets up finally.

            Hoseok grins, “Yep yep! He's quite drunk still, but he's better than when we first came in.”

            Yoongi just nods, and internally is very relieved. He's a little annoyed that they'll have to slug their way back to the apartment though, and this thought carries through when he sees Jimin, all smiles, messy hair and the occasional stumble.

            “Uh—should we order an Uber?” Yoongi asks, mainly keeping his eyes on Jimin. “I don't think that half of us are gonna make it back if we walk.”

            “Yeah, that's a good idea. Do you want to do it or...?” Hoseok motions to the fact that he's preoccupied carrying a drunk Namjoon.

            “Yeah I got it,” Yoongi whips out his phone and quickly orders a ride. “Okay, should be here in like three minutes. It's a black Hyundai SUV.”

            Through the corner of his eyes, Yoongi keeps a track of how Jimin is doing. He's calmed down now, and he's plopped himself onto the lawn of the frat house (which he personally probably wouldn't trust), legs apart and hands limply in between. His eyes are closed, and it looks like he's enjoying the cool breeze against the expanse of his chest and soft face. Yoongi is a little angry that he notices this stuff but then again, this night was full of surprises.

            “I'm hungry,” Taehyung breaks the silence.

            “Me too,” Jimin replies, eyes still closed but a smile has developed.

            “I'll see what I have back at home,” Jin says.

            “Jin hyung is our favorite,” Jungkook claps. “Right?”

            “Yes,” Taehyung and Jimin agree.

            Yoongi chuckles a little at their friendship. It's quite adorable, even if they are annoying sometimes.

            “I bet Jimin likes Yoongi hyung more though,” Jungkook adds in.

            This causes Jimin to snap his eyes open. They meet Yoongi's and they both quickly avert away.

            Jimin seems to make a low growl something similar to, “Shut up Jungkook. And why can’t you ever call me hyung too.”

            “You did say that I'm probably the “bestest friend you've ever had”,” Yoongi reminds Jimin.

            “...Did I?” Jimin might be blushing. “Huh, maybe I did.”

            “Wow I see how it is, best friend. Or maybe I should say former,” Taehyung cries crocodile tears.

            “Sometimes I wonder how we're friends at all,” Jimin retorts, laughing. “That's why Yoongi hyung is a better best friend than you.”

            “Bullllll.”

            “Fight me, Kim Taehyung.”

            In that moment, Yoongi thinks that Jimin and him might be okay after all.

 

            The Uber comes not too long after and they somehow stuff all seven of them into the car, Jin apologizing about fifty times to the driver. Luckily enough, the driver is a pretty cool dude and makes the conversation and ride comfortable. Jimin isn’t seated next to him, so at least Yoongi doesn't have to go through several stages of panic again. Yoongi also wonders if he might be a masochist because even then he kind of wanted Jimin to sit next to him.

            The minute they arrive back at the apartment, the three young ones tackle the bathroom. Jimin uses it first and the other two sit on the ground right outside. Taehyung has his head rested against Jungkook’s shoulder, both of their eyes closed peacefully. Their chests beat a nice pinkish red slowly in unison.

            “What?” Jungkook asks. Yoongi jumps just a little bit as he’s caught staring.

            “No nothing,” Yoongi scratches his nape. “You two are okay together, I guess. That’s all.”

            Yoongi scrambles off to his room before he can notice Jungkook smirking knowingly.

 

           

            Jin is a really good cook. Jimin admires him to himself as he watches Jin intently create some meal from random things in the fridge.

            In the off time of waiting for the food to cook a bit, he gets Jimin a cup of water as he sits at the kitchen island.

            “Thanks hyung.”

            Jin smiles back fondly and goes back to his food. As Jimin handles the cup with both of his hands and sips, Jin starts talking about the one thing that Jimin has had in his mind pretty much all night: Yoongi.

            “I just wanted to apologize if anyone teased you too much about Yoongi tonight,” Jin starts off.

            Jimin raises an eyebrow. “Oh?”

            “It's just because even though we're his friends, we never really get to see this side of him. Don't tell him I told you, but he was really worried over whether or not to get you a gift, not to mention one that you would actually like. Yoongi is a really caring person, but he also does it in a way that’s not obvious so it's easily taken for granted.”

            “Ah...” Jimin smiles with a downward gaze to his cup. “I know what you mean.”

            “Yeah, so we gotta every once in a while,” Jin laughs, then turns to glance at Jimin for a second, then goes back to the pot of food.

            “...But I think you're really good for him,” Jin states with a small smile to himself.

            Jimin's heart starts racing at that. Because it's so ambiguous—was Jin implying something or was he just saying he was good for Yoongi as a friend?

            “Think what you will, Jimin-ah.” Jin smiles. Jimin wonders if he's just really obvious or if Jin is a mind reader.

            He doesn't really get to think too much, though, because everyone is gathering around the countertop to eat. It isn't really any specific dish that Jin's made, just a combination of ramen, leftover meats, kimchi and leftover pajeon. Regardless though, everyone deliciously devours it and by the end of five minutes, it's pretty much all gone.  

            After their after hours snack, mos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter