Six

It (Lies) In the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(you: holy you mean to tell me this story still isn't completed???? me: lol)

HELLO again wow i am so sorry honestly--ive never really forgotten about this fic but i just never really found the time to write??? i started this in like my 1st year of uni and ive graduated so yeah LOL a lot has happened... Anyway, i'm really set on finishing this even though it's taking me literally 5 years haha ;;; but please enjoy this chapter!!

 

summary: jimin's heart glows & yoongi reacts

- - - - -

Taehyung and Jungkook tells the rest of the squad to stay in the long line to the entrance of the fraternity's house as they slyly wiggle their way up through to talk to the frat bros. Youth by Troye Sivan is blasting through the open door and windows right now and Yoongi has to say, it can't be all that bad if they have enough taste to play Troye.

Jimin keeps wobbling and pressing against Yoongi's shoulder so in order to make sure that he doesn't fall, he's got an arm around Jimin's waist. So he doesn't fall. Because Yoongi is a good hyung.

“Jimin, stay up! You can't fall asleep now,” Hoseok says, pressing Jimin's cheeks.

“I—I'm okay,” Jimin weakly lifts a hand to make an OK signal.

“Aigoo,” Hoseok wraps his arms around Jimin. “What a cutie.”

“Hoseok,” Yoongi almost growls. “Stop suffocating him.”

“I'm not!” Hoseok says. “He's just cute.”

“Why do you keep saying that? Do you actually like him?” Yoongi is completely brutal and he blames the five shots (he only managed that much before they decided to leave the apartment).

Hoseok has a glint in his eyes and an evil smirk, and suddenly Yoongi regrets that he ever let his mouth run. Then Taehyung and Jungkook comes running back and says they're all cleared to go. They grab Jimin and run off with him.

Hoseok closes the gap between Yoongi and smirks right under him, “No it's not like that...but I have a feeling of who might.”

Yoongi has friends.

When Yoongi enters, he's certain of one thing: he should have brought sunglasses. Yes, he knows it'd be stupid to wear them inside. The only lights that are on are blacklights, but in his defense, there's also the obnoxious glow of pink and red from the chests of hundreds of drunk people.

“Here,” Namjoon comes up and hands him a beer.

“Thanks,” Yoongi finds a open couch arm and leans against it, cracking open the can and taking a sip. The song has now changed to some annoying, song he doesn't recognize. He sighs and takes another sip. Where did Jimin's friends even go?

“Where's everyone else?” Yoongi asks when Namjoon and Jin approaches him.

“The bar,” Namjoon says. “Gotta take advantage of that free alcohol. Well, probably not Jimin.”

“The poor kid's probably completely wasted already,” Jin sighs.

“Yeah, that is their goal,” Namjoon sighs back. “It's his birthday, of all things.”

Yoongi just listens and sips his beer. He doesn't know what he imagined when he agreed to go to this for Jimin. It's not like he wouldn't do it for him—in fact, that is exactly the reason he's here: because Park Jimin has a strange influence in him and asked Yoongi to go. With another thought, it's kind of obvious that it would turn out like this. Jimin is completely drunk out of his mind and most likely won't remember that Yoongi was even here.

Even then, Yoongi would still rather be here instead of sitting at home, regretting not going. He probably wouldn't be able to live with the guilt. That's saying a lot because Yoongi rarely feels guilty about his actions; that's just the type of person he is.

Namjoon and Jin is gone without Yoongi noticing, probably to make out, and suddenly, Taehyung and Jungkook has taken their place.

“Our new favorite hyung!” Taehyung exclaims, on the right side of Yoongi. Jungkook slides up to his left, and Yoongi is claustrophobic all of a sudden.

“How are you doing? Good? Good—me too,” Jungkook slings an arm over Yoongi's shoulder.

“So okay okay listen here...” Taehyung begins wiggling his eyebrows.

“What?” Yoongi asks.

“Park Jimin,” Jungkook says matter-of-factly, like as if Yoongi was supposed to know exactly what they wanted.

“What?” he says again.

Taehyung leans in close to Yoongi's face and he can smell the vodka from his breathe. “What do you think of him?”

Yoongi opens his mouth, but neither his brain or mouth can manage to say anything. He settles for, “You're a little close. I can't breathe.”

“Do you like him, hyung?” Jungkook asks with an unsettling straight facial expression.

“Do you?” Taehyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter