Invited

L.Joe's Bride

“You are going to be with WHO?!” Minji hollered at me when I went to her this day.

She is off cam from filming. I paid her a surprise visit because I didn’t know what I would do.

“You can’t be kidding me this time, Kim Hana. You can’t go to a dinner with Namjoo and your ex-fiance.” She told me.

I sighed hard.

I’ve met L.Joe three days ago and he might have told Namjoo that we know each other because Namjoo kept on asking me to eat dinner with them. For three days already.

I turned her down twice. I told her I have errands to do with my parents so she let it go. But then she made me promise to eat with them. I couldn’t bring her down. She is one sweet girl. So I promised.

And I am regretting it.

I want to see L.Joe but I don’t want to see him with her. I don’t want her to be with him. It has to be me. The one with L.Joe.

The one he would be hugging.

It has to be me.

But I have no right to be.

And that explains Minji’s explosion at me today.

“Oh, Kim Hana, you are the most stupid person in the whole world.” She told me.

I didn’t fight it. She was right.

Perhaps, she knew about Namjoo and L.Joe. That was why she freaked out when I told her that Namjoo is my secretary.

She said Namjoo and L.Joe has been dating for almost 3 years now. They are legal. Both of their parents know about it and they are all for their love.

Hell, they were all for our love before as well.

But I screwed it.

“So, what are you going to do now?” She asked me.

I sighed hard. I asked her to come with me but she couldn’t make it tonight. She has to fly to Japan for a project. She’ll be out of the country for 3 days. Oh Lord.

“I don’t know. Should I act sick?” I asked stupidly.

Minji shook her head at me. “Why don’t you just call that Mr. Lee? Maybe he would come if you ask him to.” She suggested.

I sighed. “I tried. But he is in Jeju.” I replied.

Minji sighed with me.

I looked at the floor, feeling hopeless and helpless. Should I just get ready to murder my heart tonight?

“Maybe you should just try your ‘Sick’ idea.” Minji told me. “Maybe that would work.” She added.

I sighed. “Or maybe I should just go and then pretend that someone called me in for an emergency.” I replied.

She laughed at me. “Wow, Hana. Didn’t know you had that storywriter feels within you.” She chuckled. “But that would work.” She said. “However, who would call you?” She asked me.

Sure, she couldn’t call me because she is in the plane. And I’m shy to make Mr. Lee call me. So, I don’t know.

Maybe I just have to murder my heart tonight.

“I’m screwed.” I sighed and messed my hair.

--

“I’m really happy you came, Ms. Hana!” Namjoo beamed as I sat in front of them. L.Joe and her.

I smiled back. “Sure. I couldn’t break my promise.” I replied smiling.

Namjoo chuckled. “I knew you were a woman of honor.” She teased me then she hooked her arm with L.Joe’s. “Right, babe?” She asked.

I had to shut my eyes.

. I have been here for less than a minute and my heart is ripping into pieces already.

“How did you know Ms. Hana, babe?” Namjoo asked curiously.

L.Joe looked at me expressionless then he smiled at Namjoo. “We attended the same college, babe.” He replied.

Babe.

And I just got #SchoolmateZoned by my ex-fiance.

Just great.

Namjoo nodded. “Ahhh! So you know a lot about each other?” She asked.

“Nothing much. I barely even talk to her.” He replied nonchalantly.

Ouch.

I chuckled. “Yes. He barely talks to everyone. He’s a cold city guy.” I replied but my tears are b. I can’t help it.

I know that I have hurt him a lot. I left him and all. He told me some harsh words. I gave his feelings away.

But this.

Do I really deserve this kind of treatment?

Namjoo looked at L.Joe. “You’re a cold city guy? Not at all!” She beamed as she slapped L.Joe’s arm playfully.

L.Joe smiled at her. “I changed when I met you, babe.” He replied sweetly.

Ouch.

I swallowed the big lump in my throat. I just hope I survive this dinner.

Suddenly, Namjoo’s phone rang.

“Omo! I have to take this.” She said as she walked out. Maybe it is a private thing.

And that left me and L.Joe alone in the table.

He looked at me. “Why did you even agree to this dinner?” He asked me when he saw that Namjoo is away.

I looked at him. He is staring at me with cold eyes. I can feel anger in his stare.

“You shouldn’t have come.” He gritted his teeth. “In fact, you shouldn’t have come back to Korea at all.”

That’s it.

My emotions exploded. I was crying.

Crying in front of the person who thinks of nothing for me but hatred.

“I’m sorry.” I said as I wiped my tears.

“You should know that you’re apology is the least that I want to hear now, Ms. Kim.” He told me with the coldest tone I have ever heard from him.

“I know.” I sobbed. “But can’t I just say it?” I asked him.

He looked at me. Shocked, I think. I think he was surprised to see me like this.

“I know I have hurt you and I’m sorry. I know that you don’t want me back, so I’m sorry I am here pestering your alone time with your girlfriend.” I swallowed the tears. “I’m sorry that as much as you don’t want to see me, I still want you. Five years. I’ve been wanting you for five years. I’ve been missing you for five years. What can I do, Byunghun?” I looked at him staring back at me.

I can’t read his expression.

It was worse than the last time I saw him.

“You can just leave us alone.”

And those were the harshest words I have ever heard of him. The words that have left me wounded more.

“I don’t want to have complications with my relationship with Namjoo. So, please just leave us alone.” He told me.

I scoffed and nodded as I wiped the new tears that fell.

“I would never really have you, Lee Byunghun.” I told him. “Before, there was Minji. And now, here’s Namjoo.” I laughed weakly. “I really can’t have you. It’s clear to me now.”

He’s staring at me.

“You were never meant for me, Lee Byunghun.”

Then I left.

What the hell was I thinking? Why the hell did I even come here?

I am really the stupidest person alive. I really am.

Because I’ve just gone to a war without a single gun. Now, I’m dying.

“Kim Hana?”

I heard a familiar voice. I looked at him.

“Woo Jiho?” I asked.

He looked at me. “Wait, why are you crying?” He asked me.

And that’s it. I broke down. And here he is, the man I cheated on because of the man I used to believe was the man for me. I’m just really stupid. Why didn’t I see it before?

 

 

 

-----

WOO JIHO, EVERYONE!

HIS MOST AWAITED STORY ENTRANCE! :)

THE SHOW IS STARTING...