Mr. UPTIGHT Lee

L.Joe's Bride

Chapter 4: Mr. Uptight Lee

“I’m Mr. Lee Jonghyun, the Associate CEO.” Mr. Lee looked at me. His eyes pierced through mine.

Why did I have the urgency to look away?

I nodded and took his hand. “Kim Hana.” I replied.

He chuckled again then looked over Namjoo and L.Joe who are watching us.

I took a quick glance at L.Joe but he is looking intently at Mr. Lee.

“Oh, you have company?” Mr. Lee asked me.

I smiled awkwardly and looked at Namjoo. “She’s Namjoo, my secretary.” I told him.

Mr. Lee nodded. “Ah, I see.” He replied but when I looked at him, he is staring down at L.Joe. “You are?” He asked L.Joe.

L.Joe stood up and extended his hand. “Lee Byunghun, Namjoo’s boyfriend.” He introduced.

I almost flinched when he said the last two words. Namjoo’s boyfriend. If I hadn’t left, would he say Hana’s fiancé? Or better yet, Hana’s husband?

Why am I even thinking of the possibilities?

It would never happen again, right? Because I left him and he told me to never come back. I can never come back to him.

Mr. Lee took his hand and smiled at him. “Oh, good to meet you, guys.” He told L.Joe and Namjoo. Then he turned to me. “Shall we start our lunch date?” He asked me.

I raised my brow at him. “What? Lu-lunch date?!” I couldn’t believe I stuttered but he was pushing it too much.

He chuckled and his gaze is on me. I was tensed. I flinched. He is not doing this in front of L.Joe.

I glanced at L.Joe immediately but I was disappointed. He wasn’t even looking at me. His attention is all on Namjoo. Namjoo, by the way, is looking at me. “Need help, Ms. Kim?” She mouthed.

I sighed and shook my head.

There’s nothing I want to do. I just want this day to end and forget about everything.

“You’re so funny, Ms. Kim.” Mr. Lee told me. “Let’s go to the table I reserved for this meeting.” He chuckled then led me to our table.

I suddenly felt like I don’t know what to do. This is the reason why I asked Namjoo to accompany me. But now, seeing her with L.Joe, all the plans have changed, right?

Especially now that Mr. Lee is acting like we are close or something.

He pulled the chair for me to sit.

“Thanks.” I muttered.

He walked to the other side and sat across me. He took the menu and looked into it. “What do you want to eat?” He asked.

I looked into the menu. “I’ll have steak.” I replied. I don’t exactly want to think anymore. I just want this to end.

Why did Dad even want me to meet this guy anyway?

Mr. Lee placed the menu down and called the waiter. “Two steaks.” He worded then he looked at me. “What do you want to drink?” He asked me.

“Iced tea.” I replied.

He turned to the waiter. “Two iced tea.” Then the waiter left.

Mr. Lee looked at me. “You know what?” He asked me.

I looked at him, waiting for what he will say.

“When they said I would meet the CEO I thought, you would be some kind of a lady in her 40s or maybe even 50s.” He beamed.

“Maybe you’re talking about my mom.” I uttered.

He chuckled. “Yes. I think so.” Then he leaned on the table and closer to me. I had to lean backwards. “I didn’t expect that a young woman like you would be the CEO of the company.” He told me.

I raised my brow. “Why? You don’t think I’m capable?” I asked.

He laughed and shook his head. “No. I don’t judge people’s capabilities with their ages.” He replied, then he smiled at me. “I just think you would be better if you were a model or something.” He shrugged.

I narrowed my eyes on him. “Are you hitting on me?” I asked.

Then he laughed again. “No, I don’t. I’m stating a fact.” He replied.

I am relieved. I don’t want anyone hitting on me right now.

“I’m an uptight man, Ms. Kim.” He told me. “I don’t even call people informally. Just those who are close to me.” He added.

I nodded. “Then that’s why they all call you Mr. Lee then.” I told him.

He nodded. “Some of the employees don’t even know my first name.” He confessed. “It’s not like I care though, but yeah, that’s how mysterious I am.”

I looked at him and nodded. “Then I won’t be able to call you by your first name then?” I asked him.

He looked at me. “That depends.” He breathed.

I raised my brow. “Depends on what?” I asked.

He chuckled and loosened his tie then he leaned his back on the chair. “That depends on how you would treat me as your assistant.” He smiled.

“You are not my assistant.” I replied.

The waiter came and gave us our drinks.

“My assistant is Namjoo.” I added.

Mr. Lee looked at me and smiled. I can’t really read his face. He’s smiling but there’s something to it. There’s more to it. “I’m actually amused, Ms. Kim.” He said.

“Why?”

“Because you don’t think low of your subordinates.”

He smiled at me and I couldn’t help but look at his smile. Sometimes, there are people, strangers even, whose smile is something you would admire.

“I just don’t want to look down on them just because I’m in a higher position. And besides, I’m new. They have been in the company longer than I am. You do.” I told him. “So why would I look down on you?”

He smiled and nodded. “I admire your good use of words, Ms. Kim.” He told me. “And your personality too.”

I smiled then took a sip on my iced tea.

“Perhaps, you have made a good impression on me, Ms. Kim.” He said.

I smiled again. “You do, too, Mr. Lee.” I replied.

He smiled at me then our steak came.

Throughout lunch, we talked about the company. How it has been doing, what is going on inside and outside the company, what the plan on expanding it is all about.

Mr. Lee knows a lot of things about the company. He would really be a good CEO if I didn’t even come back. I told him that but he was humble enough to say that I have more to learn. That he was like me when he first entered the company.

Mr. Kwon told me that Mr. Lee is one of the most diligent employees of the company. And I think I really have to agree with that. I think that’s one trait that my dad wants me to have.

Mr. Lee has been working with us for over 5 years. He started at the entry position until he was promoted and promoted and promoted and now he is the Associate CEO. He has been putting excellence in his work. He is hardworking. And uptight. I can see that.

Although the way he addressed this as lunch date still makes me cringe.

But overall, he was not that bad. I am happy that I met this one inspiring guy.

“We have our first business meeting with the board and the President next week.” He told me as he wiped his mouth with the table napkin.

I nodded. Suddenly, I felt nervous.

“You don’t have to worry.” He must have noticed that I am nervous. “They are not like the board members in movies, Ms. Kim.” He almost laughed. “They are really good and kind.”

I looked at him and smiled. I just hope so too.

“Do you want me to help you prepare?”

He asked me. I looked at him and smiled. He’s really a warm guy. Uptight and warm. But either way, I think he is reliable.

“You can ask me to help you when you are troubled.” He smiled at me.

I nodded. “Thanks, Mr. Lee.” I told him.

He smiled. “No problem. That’s what I should do anyway.” He replied.

I took a sip on my iced tea.

“I think this is the best idea I’ve ever made.” He suddenly spoke.

I looked at him with narrowed eyes. “What?” I asked.

He smiled then looked at me.

“Having this lunch date with you, Ms. Kim.” He uttered.

Heck. I almost choked on my drink. He’s not that bad.

But then, I can’t help glancing at L.Joe’s way. He’s laughing with another girl.

 

----

Read my Luhan one shot if you have time! ------> Teach Me How To Kiss Right

Follow me on twitter: @RChampagne_

 

 

THANKS, BAES! :)

Love you! ^^

 

XOXO,

RChampagne <3