Comeback Party

L.Joe's Bride

My second update for tonight! 

Thanks for reading!

I'm updating more often because I'm hooked to this story just as much as you do. :)

COMMENT MORE! :3

 

- RChampagne <3

 

 

---

Chapter 13: Comeback Party

Jesus, what words are needed?

Everyone calls you a masterpiece

Just a little bit of you, I’ll seriously value baby ye ye~

It’s Sunday morning and I don’t have anything to do. So, I’m listening to Block B’s new song. Woo Jiho’s song for me. I’m in my pad.

It’s actually a happy song. It’s something that tells you that you are the best girl, that he couldn’t afford to look at other women. But why are tears b around my eyes?

Why do I feel emotional listening to this?

“I actually wrote this song five years ago, when I had a girlfriend that I really loved. But I didn’t want to release this song when I know that she wouldn’t hear it. So, we’re releasing this now, now that she’s back, to tell her that nothing changed. She is still the only HER for me.”

I remembered Jiho’s words and that’s it. The tears are falling.

I used to be emotionless like a rock

But now I’m a fool once again

When I snapped out of it, I realized I was in front of you

Oh could you be my we love

It was that song. He was talking about us. He was talking about how we were back then.

He was emotionless. He never talks to anyone unless they are worth talking to. He wasn’t a social person. He was fine by his own. I could say that he is delinquent. But he’s different when he’s with me. He was gentle. He was always comforting me. He was always sweet.

You’re so pretty, if someone comes up to you and starts talking to you, just smile, don’t give him your number.

Wipe your drool first and go away, stop your talk

Her uh her uh baby I’m all yours

I wiped my tears and nodded at the song. It’s as if the song is talking to me. Jiho telling me to not look at other guys. Jiho, telling me to only look at him.

I took a deep breath and smiled to myself. How can I not only look at him when he gives me all the reasons to do so? He’s such a giveaway. He wears his heart out on his sleeves and he directs it to me.

It’s a wonder why L.Joe still crosses my mind with Jiho’s gestures.

I’m really stupid.

But right now, I’m going to change everything. Starting now, I will start looking at Jiho. And Jiho alone.

I just hope his fans won’t kill me.

--

I just decided to go to a café and read instead. Minji’s not in the country and Jiho is busy with his comeback, so, I’m basically alone.

I walked to the bookstore earlier and saw the book Jiho was telling me that I am ignorant of. Fifty Shades of Grey. I decided to buy that since I don’t want Jiho telling me that I didn’t live my life right because I hadn’t read this trilogy.

And that brings me here now. At the café near my pad.

I’ve been here for almost an hour and I’ve read one-third of the book already. I have nothing to say. Is Jiho a ert?

Why does he know these books? This is too for my liking!

I mean, who would have thought of being a Dominant and being a Submissive? I’m just relieved that Anastasia Steele is witty enough to think that she doesn’t want that stuffs. But this Christian Grey… He must have had a dark past for him to act this way.

I was shaking my head when someone stopped in front of me.

“Hana?”

I looked up to see who this man is and my eyes widened when I saw Lee Changhee, L.Joe’s friend, Chunji.

I smiled at him. “Oh, hello.” I greeted him.

He looked down at me then eyed the book I was reading. “So you know Fifty?” He asked. No, more like teased.

I immediately closed the book in embarrassment. He probably must know this story because he looks at me meaningfully. “Ah, someone just made me curious about this.” I replied. “You have company?” I asked to change the topic.

He looked behind me and nodded. “Ah, L.Joe asked me to meet him here. And he just arrived.” He smiled at me.

I froze when I heard L.Joe’s name. I saw him last night and it’s a good encounter. I wonder what happened to him. I hope he’s fine.

Wait. I shouldn’t be concerned.

“Ah.” I nodded. “Have a good coffee with him then.” I told him before going back to reading.

Chunji smiled and nodded. “Okay. Have a good reading, Hana!” He beamed then he grinned. “Don’t be all too into Fifty.” Then he chuckled and left.

I narrowed my eyes and followed him walking to the other way.

Which is another mistake because my eyes caught L.Joe staring at me.

Why do I always pick the wrong choices? I’m going insane.

I immediately looked away and sat properly. I tried my best to focus on the book. But hell. L.Joe’s appearance couldn’t be washed out from my mind.

He has a bruise on his cheek and he has bandage on his temple. Jiho must have punched him really hard. L.Joe lost. Jiho only had a small cut on his upper lip.

I wonder if he’s man of steel or what.

But I shouldn’t be thinking about this. If I did, I would only disappoint myself. I have set that I would only look at Jiho now. I would do that. I would do that for my remaining dignity and self-esteem.

I stayed in the café for another hour and I’m almost done with two-thirds of the book. Then my phone vibrated.

From: Woo Jiho

Where are you?

They must be done with their schedule because he is already texting.

To: Woo Jiho

Café. Why?

Sent. He should be resting, not texting.

It wasn’t even a minute when he replied.

From: Woo Jiho

Where’s that café? I’ll come to you.

I narrowed my eyes at my phone. Why would he do that? He sure is exhausted. He should be taking a well-deserved rest right now.

To: Woo Jiho

You must rest. It’s just near my pad. I can go home alone.

Sent.

I placed my phone down and continued reading. He didn’t reply which made me relieved because maybe he took my advice and rested.

That’s the thing about idols. They pour their hard work on the stage so the fans only see the cool side of them. Fans don’t have an idea of how sleep deprived they are because of those numerous schedules they have to squish in a day. For an idol, 24 hours is not enough.

This is why Jiho should be resting and not-

“What are you doing here?” I was shocked to see Jiho sitting in front of me.

He still has his make up on and he is still wearing his costume. Yes, I call it costume. They are costumes, right?

Jiho smiled at me then cocked his head when he eyed the book. “So, you’re finally reading it.” He told me with his teasing voice. Wait. Did it even sound right? Teasing voice? Ugh.

I rolled my eyes on him then closed the book. I gave him a look. “That did not answer my question.” I frowned at him.

He chuckled and leaned his forearms on the table, moving closer to me. “I missed you. That’s why.” He told me. “I told you. I’ll come to you.”

I couldn’t help but smile at him. Then I wrinkled my nose. “You sweet little weirdo!” I beamed at him and he laughed at me.

“Come on.” He took my hand. “You can read Fifty when you get home or in your office.” He told me.

He stood up and I just stared at him.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked him.

He smiled. “Comeback party.” He replied and the next thing I knew, I was being dragged to his car.

Jiho turned the stereo on and looked at me. “We have this every comeback.” He began. He must have known that I am still curious of what he is talking about.

I looked at him and nodded.

“We’ve had numerous comebacks but this one is my favorite.” He told me then he held my hand. “That’s because you’re back. And I was able to sing you the song I was longing to sing in front of you.”

I smiled at him while I felt my blood rushing to my cheeks. Can Jiho stop making me blush? I don’t really feel confident on showing him my flustered face. Never will.

He kissed the back of my hand. “Thanks for coming back, Hana. You don’t know how you make me happy.” He caressed my hand. “Don’t ever leave again, please.”

I smiled and nodded.

“I won’t.”

How could you even leave such a great person behind? How can one have someone better when one has let go of the best?

So no. I’m not going anywhere.

--

Nanri nanri nanri nanrina~

The club seemed blasting off. It was too loud. I gave Jiho a narrowed look and he just grinned. He, of all people, knows so well that I don’t like loud places. Why did he bring me here?

“Hey, Hana!” I looked at Yukwon and he hugged me tight. “Long time no see.” He told me but he is not breaking off from the hug.

I smiled at him even though I feel a bit awkward. “Yes. Good to see you.” I told him and he planted a kiss on my cheeks.

“YAH!” Jiho came and separated the two of us. “Stop goofing around here and just play with Pyo Jihoon!” Then he pushed Yukwon away. Yukwon looked back at me and waved.

I waved back before he got out of my sight.

Jiho sighed beside me. “I shouldn’t have brought you here if I knew they will harass you like that.” He muttered and I just laughed at him.

“Stop sulking. It’s your party.” I told him then went inside.

The club was reserved for Block B. The people from their company and those significant for their album production are present here.

I met them all again, these boys, after a long time.

Who would have thought that these underground buddies would become this successful?

I would never have thought of that. I mean, I would have never thought they would leave underground to be idols.

But then again, I’m not really good in thinking that things would change. If I did, I wouldn’t have left.

“Come on, Block B! Show us your dance!”

Mr. Kang, the designated MC, who is also their manager, spoke through the mic.

Jiho looked at me and I just smiled at him.

“Go!” I mouthed and he just chuckled.

“OKAY!” Mr. Kang beamed as the members occupied the small stage. “Do you wanna be?” He asked the crowd.

“BLOCK B!” Everyone shouted. I did too. Jiho saw me and smiled at me.

Jiho is my knight. And I will gladly be his number 1 fan.

Jesus, what words are needed?

Everyone calls you a masterpiece

Just a little bit of you, I’ll seriously value baby ye ye

Jihoon began and everyone cheered. They really look different on stage.

Jiho does. He looks cool.

And I love watching him because he enjoys the stage. It’s like his second home.

It’s like where he really belongs.

Ooh wow, it’s amazing

There’s nothing more to add to her beautiful body

Normal girls can’t even compete

They’ll probably gather together and talk badly about you

Mr. Kang walked to me and smiled at me. “You must be Kim Hana.” He told me.

I nodded. “Yes, I am, sir.” I don’t really know what to call him.

He smiled again. “So this is why Woo Jiho never even dared to look at other girls.” He began then eyed me. “You are such a great catch.” He finished.

I narrowed my eyes on what he said. I don’t get him.

He just chuckled then we both watched the boys.

Be careful of the wolves around you

Bastards only care about outer appearance

It feels like I’ve been hit on my head with a hammer

I feel light-headed and dizzy

“When I first met these kids, everyone was energetic except Zico.” Mr. Kang starts again. “That’s I think, 4 years back. He was not talking unless it’s necessary.”

I looked at Jiho. He must have had a really hard time because I left.

“I asked them if they want to debut as a group because they are really popular in the underground. Everyone agreed, except him.” Mr. Kang smiled weakly. “That’s when I thought he had it rough. But I didn’t give up. After numerous times that I have talked to him, I convinced him.” He told me.

I looked at him. I want to hear more. I know Jiho won’t tell me these things, so I want to hear more.

Jesus, what words are needed?

Everyone calls you a masterpiece

Just a little bit of you, I’ll seriously value baby ye ye

Every bit of you is so pretty

“The day I’d set to the last time I would convince him and the team, he opened up about a girl that made him that way. He was talking about how he doesn’t want to rap anymore because he wouldn’t be rapping for her. ‘She wouldn’t hear it,’ he said while breaking down.” Mr. Kang looked at me.

I swallowed a big lump in my throat.

Jiho had it the hard way too.

Her! Uh Uh! Her! Uh Uh!

Her! Uh Uh! Uh I can’t talk

Her! Uh Uh! Her! Uh Uh!

Her! Uh Uh! Except for you, everyone is so plain

“But look at him now. He seems to be enjoying the stage.” Mr. Kang motioned to Jiho. “He even released that song that was a taboo topic for him.” He chuckled. “This kid doesn’t even let s hear this no matter how persistent Kyung and Yukwon are. Jiho was really mad when they went near his computer.”

I am shocked. I’m trying to absorb everything that Mr. Kang is telling me.

I watched Jiho. He is rapping happily while looking at me.

Your breathtaking curves

Makes me faint right away, I need suction

Among all the fools who just make you feel uncomfortable

You’re a flawless boxer

My Olivia Hussey

You have skills but you’re not pretentious

Your personality and your just good enough volume

I wanna hug and kisses

“This is the first time I have seen him this happy. He was happy these past few weeks but he is extra elated now.” Mr. Kang said.

“Because the woman in his song is here. Because HER is here. Because you are here.” He told me and patted my shoulder.

I looked at him and my tears are b again. How many times do I have to tear up in a day? And today, I cried twice because of the same person.

“Take care of him, Hana.” Mr. Kang told me.

I looked at him and he smiled at me.

“No one has an idea of how much he loves you. But if you were to ask me, he loves you more than the universe. You are certainly his life. He would not live if it was not for you.” He told me. “The reason why he agreed to me to become an idol is because I told him that wherever you are, you will be able to watch him. You will be able to look at him again.” He paused. “That’s how he survived the idol industry. Because of you.”

And as if on cue, my tears began to fall down.

Once again, I am reminded of how much Jiho loves me. He went through a lot because I left. I have hurt him because of my lies but he was still hoping I would come back to him.

I know I may have said this a lot of times but right now, I can never be sure of who I want to be.

This time, I will get distractions out of my head.

I will begin again. With Woo Jiho.