Promise

His Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Sehun told Kai's father about his son condition, he dirrectly went to Seoul that night.
Mr Kim looked like a mature version of Kai. He had the same dark eyes and tall posture, but he looks a bit older than his actual age. The curves on his face are noticeable, and some of his hair has turned grey. Moreover, he looks so tired from 8 hours flight.

"How's Jongin?" Mr Kim asked worriedly. 
Kim Jun Myeon, Kai's Doctor nodded. "For now, his critical time has over. But he still needs  heart transplantation. Our team decided to do the surgery tomorrow."
Mr Kim let out a deep sigh. "How much is.. The probability of survive?"
It was silent for a while before Jun Myeon finally said, "37%"


"Jongin is a good person." 
Mr Kim smiled weakly at me. "Is he?"
Right now, me and Kai's father are sitting at the hospital's corridor. Mr Kim is actually a good father. He's just too busy, that's why he didn't visit Kai often.
"He may looks cold outside, but he has warm heart. He doesn't talk a lot about his feeling, yet he cares about others feeling. He loves stargazing, and he's kind to children."
"And you love him." Mr Kim stated.
Is it that obvious? I didn't even mention about our relationship. "I-I'm sorry." I said awkwardly.
"It's okay. I'm glad that he has a pretty girlfriend." He smiled at me warmly. "Jongin didn't talk much eversince his mother died, and it's a good thing that he found you."
I blushed when Mr Kim said 'pretty girlfriend'.  I think I understood why Kai was cold. He lost his mother and his girlfriend, both of precious women in his life. That's why he doesn't want to open his heart to another girl. Until he met me.
"I'm sure Jongin will be happy if he sees you." I said.
"I think he hates me."
I shook my head. "I think he loves you too, sir."
After a while, a nurse came to us. "The patient is conscious. You may visit him now."

I waited outside with Sehun while Mr Kim visiting Kai first. I'll give them some time alone. Beside, I need to prepare my heart too. I realized that my hand became cold because I'm nervous. It's not like this is the first time I visit Kai at hospital, but I'm nervous as hell. It's because I'm scared. I'm scared that this might be the last time. I bit my lower lip, trying to hold back all the urges to cry. 

"Are you okay?" Sehun looked at me as I nodded. I tried to smile but it turned out fake. I didn't realize that my tears has flown into my cheek.
"Liar." Sehun said as he wiped the tears gently. Slowly i could feel the warm of his hand flowing to my face. Since when did he become this kind? 
My tears got worse because I couldn't take it anymore. I started sobbing because my heart was painful. All the fears I've been holding inside all this time started to come out. All the thoughts of Kai was dying which I tried to forget now is coming back. It's like there was a big hole in my heart which can't be covered. 
"Hey, it's going to be okay." He said softly, but I kept crying.
"No, it's not." I said with a shaky voice. "Kai is dying.. What am I supposed to do?"
"Noona.."
"I don't want to lose him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter