New Beginning

The owner of Kwon Yuri's ring.

 

Jessica’s P.O.V

The door swung open and a familiar scent filled the air. I walked into the house and closed the door behind me. My jaw nearly dropped onto the floor when I discovered that the little hallway was covered with pictures of me and Yuri. The pictures was neatly in line, all dated from the most oldest to most recent and had a brief description of what occurred when that picture was taken. Starting from the entrance was a picture when we had our first date. As I walked along the hallway more of those pictures represented different events. I reached to the end of the hallway but there was a massive wall that wasn’t covered with any picture but instead had a word that was largely printed in pencil, ‘FUTURE?’ I walked into the living room and there it was, hanging on the back wall was a large portrait of me and Yuri, kissing. The picture was taken on our first anniversary. We promised each other to spend every year together but who knew that it might not ever happen again. Little by little I walked around the house and little by little did the memories of me designing this house come back to me. Every single detail that I mentioned that day on the beach was replicated. Yuri didn’t even miss one single detail that I told her. I went upstairs and found a large king size bed with a door that was labelled ‘ICE PRINCESS’S WARBROBE’. I pushed it open and a room which had many racks for clothes was neatly placed according to different types of clothing. I couldn’t believe my eyes, all these things Yuri managed to complete within 3 months’ time. Tears were already falling from my eyes as I walked back down and headed for the kitchen. The kitchen was beautifully furnished with top class appliances only 5 star restaurants could own. The area was spacious and Yuri had designed it to be fireproof in case of any ‘accidents’.

 I could feel that my heart was filled with warmth but without Yuri…this house will never be complete. As I was thinking what could’ve happened if we were still together, I heard the front door open and someone coming in. I quickly hid myself inside the empty kitchen pantry and closed the door leaving a small gap so I could see the kitchen. Footsteps was coming closer and I could sense a familiar presence approaching. It must be her! It must be Yuri!

Yuri’s P.O.V

I walked into the kitchen to see if Jessica came and as usual, the house was still empty. ‘Was I being too optimistic when I thought she would give me one more chance?’ I thought to myself. Since the house was empty and I felt like pouring my feelings out, I decided to talk out loud to myself. I reached into my pocket to find ring box which contained my ring which my mother gave me. I opened the box and took out the ring to examine it carefully. Yuri Loves Jessica. These three words that I wanted Jessica to see with her own eyes. These words that I wanted to yell out to her.

‘Ring. I’ve found your rightful owner but I still can’t give you to her. You belong to her and she belongs to me, I’ve wanted to tell her it was her all along but it’s too late now. I really want to personally put this ring onto her finger and tell her that I love her but for these past 3 months, this scene had only replayed in my mind. *SIGH* .’ I said this all out loud to make me feel better but just as I thought I had no hope and I was just about to put the ring back into its box, I heard sniffles coming from the kitchen pantry.

I jumped at the sounds that were coming from the pantry and I was still oblivious to what was going on so I decided to go and open the door. A figure was kneeling down on the floor with her head buried into her knees.

‘JESSICA!’ I exclaimed in total shock. She looked at my surprised face and ran out of the pantry which she then headed for the front door. Just as she was trying to open it, I back hugged her locking both my hands onto her hands and held them in front of her chest to prevent her from struggling. She started to vigorously cry which made me hug her even tighter.

‘I’ve missed you so much Sica baby. Please don’t leave me again.’ I whispered into her ears. My emotions were mixed between sorrow, happiness and confusion. Sorrow because I didn’t want to see her cry. Happiness because this is the first time in 3 months that I’ve seen her and confusion because I really didn’t know what to do next. Should I propose now and think about everything later? As wild thoughts were running through my head I felt an aggressive push and next thing I knew was that I was outside of the house.

‘SICA!!! OPEN THE DOOR! I’VE GOT SOMETHING TO TELL YOU! PLEASE!’ I yelled as I was banging my fists onto the door. I heard faint cries coming from behind the door and I knew that she was feeling worse than before. I’m not giving up! This could be my only chance to express my feelings and I’m not letting go of it. ‘Yuri-ah, you can’t give up. Sica is inside and she needs to calm down before she comes back out’ I said to myself. This was the sort of time to be optimistic about things like this. I remembered that there was no food or other supplies that she could use inside the house so I decided to go and quickly buy them before she leaves the house. I ran to my car and drove off to the nearest supermarket.

After 15 minutes of driving it started to thunderstorm really badly. I straight away thought that Sica must have been terrified because of her fear of loud noises. Without thinking I quickly did a U-turn nearly colliding with oncoming traffic. I sped off back to the house but within a few minutes my car started to slow down. Great! My car has broken down in the middle of the road and it still takes 10 minutes by car to get back to the house. Sica needs me now and I need to get back quickly. I bolted out of the car and within a few steps I was soaked with rain from head to toe. I ran vigorously back to the house and I was lucky to survive since I ran past the pedestrian crossing without looking out for cars,that could have ended my life. I caught my breath outside the front door before opening the door with the keys and I wandered around the house to find Jessica. I stopped in my tracks when I heard faint sobbing and immediately ran over to where the sounds were coming from.

She cornered herself in the bedroom, sobbing with her palms in her face. I walked over to her and lifted her hands away from her face. I wanted to hug her so badly and to console her with my body but I was far too wet. She saw my hands trembling while my hands came in contact with hers, she looked up at me with those eyes I longed to see again. She got up and hugged me but I pulled her away, she looked at me with pain bursting from her eyes.

‘Yuri, I need you.’ she whimpered.

I gave her a weak but assuring smile. ‘I’m really wet Sica and the last thing I want is for you to catch a cold. I’ll be right back after a shower. Ok?’ said to her. She didn’t let go of my hand and pulled me onto the bed and we laid there together for a while until I spoke up.

‘Don’t you feel uncomfortable hugging me?’ I asked her in a soft tone. I think she was starting to drift to sleep.

‘I don’t care Yuri-ah, all I want now is for you to be with me…forever. I’ve missed you so much these past 3 months. I regret leaving you. I’m sorry.’ She buried her head deeper into my chest.

I explained everything to her between me and Yoona to clear up the misunderstanding. I couldn’t figure out whether she cared or not but I still wanted to be truthful to her. We both slowly drifted off to sleep and I couldn’t wait for the next day. The next day was going to be a fresh beginning for our relationship. I think I will smile while I sleep tonight. :D

 

 

 

 

Little did I know, our problems just started to begin…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was that too lengthy? Sorry if it was a bit boring.

Keep it mind this is still the flashback. One more chap and the official story kicks off. 

^^

Thanks for reading!