Swimming in happiness

Left Behind

Days pass by, even weeks, and months. Jimin is so happy that Taehyung became his friend, even better: his bestfriend, his only BFF.

Jimin had friends back then in primary school. They weren't that close, but they still hung out. When they all arrived in middle school, they changed and began bullying him for no reason. Jimin's heart suffered so much it was the reason why he became extremely shy and scared of people. It was hard for him. Really hard. So hard that he always had nightmares at night, but then, he met Taehyung for the first time. It was last year, their first year in middle school. Taehyung had this aura that made you automatically want to be friend with him, this aura that Jimin lost when he arrived in this horrible building.

Since Taehyung and Jimin were in the same class, they once were paired up for a work. It was last year. They had to do some research at home or at the library, but Taehyung was always telling Jimin he was busy with his family when the older asked him to work on it. Jimin ended up working with Taehyung only once, and he wasn't really into it. Let's say Jimin was really upset, but he couldn't be mad at him since the others were worse. Well, Taehyung was nice, but too lazy to work, while the others, the bullies, kept hurting him. Jimin is so weak he can't fight back, and they are some guys and girls, while he is alone. He can't help, he was born like this and he was, and still is, not motivated to do exercices, be stronger and take taekwondo lessons or something like that. He isn't in the mood actually. Whenever he looked at himself in the mirror or on photos, he would be 'Eww, is that really me?' but his family would always tell him he's very cute and shouldn't be ashamed of his cute chubby cheeks.

Anyway, Jimin likes reading mangas, especially shonen, because they help him when he wants to escape reality. He has a little collection at home, but there are not many mangas because he can't just buy every books he finds interresting. Sometimes, he read scans on Internet. He always ends up giggling like a kid in front of his computer.

He also likes music, singing and dancing along. He likes hip-hop since he can recognize himself in them most of the time. He daydreams when he listens to music. They help him even better than mangas. His favorite artists are the duo Rap Monster and Jin. Rap Monster, like his name says it, raps and composes, while Jin sings. They are pretty young, but they're so talented Jimin wants to rob their skills. Jimin doesn't sing nor dance well, but he likes these so who cares. He won't stop what he likes because he lives for his passions. However, he sings and dances only in his bedroom, because he doesn't want to do that in front of people, especially because he's too shy. His bedroom is big enough for him to dance, and there are some posters of Rap Monster and Jin. Sometimes, when he goes to bed, he'd look at them and whisper 'Goodnight'.

Then, why is Taehyung Jimin's model? Because he is often next to him at school, even though they aren't in the same class anymore, and he is everything Jimin wants to be, except that Jimin doesn't know if Taehyung is talented or not. But how did he become his model? It only began this year, second year of middle school. Jimin was sobbing, in the hallway, because he has been bullied once again, but he was trying his best to hide it. There was no bruise on his him, so it was easier to hide. Then, he saw Taehyung, accompanied by Jungkook and other friends, walking next to him. He was jealous of their complicity, but he couldn't help. He felt so alone. They didn't look at him and were laughing together, passing by and walking away. That might be strange, but that's how Jimin began seeing Taehyung as his model, even though he didn't pay attention to him. Why Taehyung? Jimin still doesn't know. Maybe because of his aura, who knows.

The next day after Jimin and Taehyung became friends, the bullies wanted to hurt Jimin again, but they couldn't because when the last class of the morning finished, Taehyung was waiting for him. Then, they ate together at noon, with Jungkook too. But Jimin didn't feel comfortable with Jungkook... like Jungkook paid attention only to Taehyung. Jimin didn't dare talking because of him, and he was very shy at the table, not that he became talkative immediately after accepting to be Taehyung's friend, but he was even shyer, like saying a word was going to kill him.

A week later, they stopped eating with Jungkook because Taehyung didn't like the way he acted when he was with Jimin. He didn't even try to be friend with the older. No, Taehyung didn't stop being friend with Jungkook, but they didn't see each others as often as before. And for the other friends, it was the same. Taehyung ended up being with almost Jimin only.

Jimin discovered something interesting about Taehyung, not to mention again that they both love mangas, but Taehyung also likes Rap Monster and Jin! Once, they went to one of their concert held in Seoul. It was amazing. They were singing and rapping along the songs, knowing them by heart, and screaming like other fans, cheering their idols. When Jimin made eye-contacts with Jin, he felt like the happiest person of the universe. Not that he liked Jin more than Rap Monster, but he didn't make eye-contact with him, or maybe they did, but how was he supposed to know since there were sunglasses on Rap Monster's eyes?

They were shaking their little lightsticks and, since they were standing up, they were jumping like everyone else around them. When they left the place, their ears were ringing, but they left with great memories, like it was the best day of their entire life. They even did the high five with Rap Monster and Jin! It felt unreal and real at the same time. It felt awkward, but Jimin was swimming in happiness even though his face was all red in front of them, and he was giggling nervously. Oh, they also took a picture all four together! Jimin and Taehyung will never forget this moment. It's way too precious to be thrown away.

Sometimes, after school, Taehyung walks with Jimin until the older arrives home safe. Taehyung thinks that Jimin has this aura that make you want to protect him, no matter what. He looks so fragile Taehyung really wants to protect him from the bullies, and take care of him, like a brother. They're really close now. Thanks to Taehyung, Jimin become less shy.

They may not be linked by blood, they may not be from the same family, but they truly treat each others like real brothers.

 


Author's note:

Vmin is real. Lol.

I'm sorry that this chapter is pretty short, but I wanted to write something about Jimin's past, again (the past in the past lol), and something really happy. Well, maybe not that happy.
Anyway, I noticed something weird about this story: Jungkook. What are you doing there? Hahaha, let's say he's younger than Taehyung, but they're almost the same age, and Jungkook is born in January 1996 here, okay? OTL
I'm using the education system (?) of South Korea there so... three years in middle school, right? Haha, I'm puzzled because of myself...

Forget it, I hope you're looking forward to what's going to happen in the next chapter... I guess? ㅋㅋㅋ