Back in Korea

Be With Me (EDITING)

Your POV:

"I'm going to miss you so much, Amy!" I cried while hugging my roommate that lived with me since my second year here in the States.

"I'm going to miss you, too!!  I don't want you to leave," she said and wrapped her arms around me just as tight.

We finally parted from each other after a couple of minutes.  Then I sighed and the both of us went back to pack the last of our things.  We had to be out of the dorm at 4 pm, which was only a couple of hours away. 

My flight back to Korea would take off 10 tonight, and I had to get everything ready for my 14 hour flight back home.  I was extremely excited to go back to my homeland and all, but it was hard for me to part from the States as well.  I've been here in the States for 4 years already and it's basically my second home. 

Once we were done packing all of our items up, we stuffed it all into Amy's car and drove down to her house.  When we got there, I helped her unload all of her boxes and bring it in.  Then we sat down in her living room to rest and I greeted her parents and siblings. 

"Oh, really?" Amy's dad asked when I told them that I was going back to Korea.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Well, I hope you have a safe flight back home, dear," Amy's mom said and handed me a glass of lemonade.

"Thank you," I thanked her for both the wish and drink. 

"Of course... And stop by here when ever you're around again, okay?"

I nodded my head and said, "Yeah, I will."

After we left Amy's house, we went out to go meet with some of our other friends until it was time for me to leave.  We met up with everyone else in our usual spot in the mall and began chatting about our everyday lives and futures.  Then they all turned and looked at me. 

"Areum!" they exclaimed together, causing some passers by to stare.

"What?" I asked looking at them innocently. 

"You're really going?" one of my guy friends asked.  He looked at me with sad eyes and I couldn't help but chuckle a bit. 

"Yeah," I said.  "I'm leaving tonight at 10."

"Awe... we'll miss you."

"Come back to the states soon, alright?"

"I don't want you to go!!"

"You should take me with you."

"Bring me a signed CD when you come back."

All of them attacked me with their comments and pleads to not go.  It was slightly overwhelming, but in a good way and it touched my heart.  I laughed and waited for them to shut up so that I could answer them all. 

When they all finally quieted down, I said, "I'll miss all of you guys so much!  And I promise I'll try to come back soon and visit again.  And if I do get to meet up with Baekhyun, I'll get a CD for you."

We hung out for the rest of the few hours we had left with each other, and then when it was time for me to leave and go to the airport, everyone stood up and gave me a goodbye hug.  It took a long time for me to actually leave the mall because they wouldn't let me go, but when I did, Amy and I drove off to the airport.  She helped me with my bags, gave me one last big hug, and watched me board the plane. 

It was sad, but then again I haven't been to Korea since the break we had in Winter.  Plus, I really missed my family.  I even missed my best friend, Baekhyun, who is now in a famous group called EXO.  I know just about everything about them because Baekhyun tells me so much when he has the time to chat.  But now a days, he's been really busy with schedules and whatnot, so we haven't had the chance to talk much. 

After a couple of hours, the plane finally landed and I looked out of the window.  A smile crawled onto my face.  I was back home after so long.  Then I stood up and stretched, grabbed my carry-on bag and made my way off the plane.  Once I exited the plane, I went in search for my luggage, and once I found my luggage, I went to look for my parents. 

There were tons of people at the airport, which made it difficult to search for my mom and dad.  When I finally found them, they were standing in an open area where it was less crowded, I ran over to them and dropped my stuff before engulfing them into a hug. 

"Mom, Dad!" I yelled. 

"We missed you so much," my mom said in Korean and pulled me close. 

It felt like it had been forever since I had to actually speak Korean to another person because I spoke English all the time when I was in the States, so I was a bit nervous at first.  But it all came back to me and was so natural when I spoke to my parents at the airport. 

I let go of my parents and smiled at them.  My mom had tears in her eyes while my dad smiled back at me and picked up my forgotten luggage.  We stood there and talked for a short while, trying to catch up.  Then my dad said that we should get going.  When we finally put my luggage into the back of the car, we drove home.  When we finally arrived at home, I dragged my luggage into the small house that I missed so much.  Though our house was pretty small, it was cozy and had many memories made in it.  When I entered the house, my older brother was passing by and looked at me in shock.

"Areum?!?!" he asked and blinked a couple of times.

"Myungdae Oppa!" I exclaimed.

"You're home!"  He came over to me and wrapped me in a tight hug.

"Yeah." I laughed.

"Welcome back!  I missed you so much!"

"I missed you, too.  Oh, where's Eunsun?"

"I right here," I heard a familiar voice say behind me.

I turned around and it was Eunsun, my brother's wife.  Right away I threw my arms around her shoulders and pulled her close. 

"I missed you, Areum!" she told me.

"It's been so long," I sighed.

"Yeah.  I'm so glad you're back."

"Me, too." 

"Well, you should get to unpacking," Eunsun said and let go of me.  "I'll have your brother help you bring your boxes to your room."

"Okay.  Where's Minkyung?" I asked and looked around. 

"He's in the living room."

I smiled and then went to bring the rest of my suitcases up to my room before going into the living room to say hi to Minkyung.  Minkyung is my brother's son and my newphew.  Myungdae and Eunsun had him when they were in college about three years ago. 

"Minkyung-ah," I said. 

The toddler turned away from the t.v. and looked at me.  I walked around the couch and sat down next to him. 

"Auntie," he said cutely. 

I smiled and ruffled his hair.  "I'm home!" 

Minkyung smiled back at me and leaned in to hug me.  He was just so cute and I just wanted to squeeze his tiny cheeks so much, but I resisted because my mom called us for dinner. 

I picked Minkyung up and headed into the kitchen.  Eunsun and my mom set the table and placed the dishes in the middle of the table.  Once we were all sitting down, we began to eat. 

After dinner, I went straight up to my room to sort through my things and put some stuff away.  An hour after dinner, Myungdae came into my room with Minkyung.  Myungdae held Minkyung's small hand and led him into the room. 

"Areum, could you watch Minkyung for the night?  Me and Eunsun are going out," Myungdae asked.

"Hmmm... fine," I said.

"Thank you!  I owe you one."

"Yeah you do."

He laughed and then quickly left.  Minkyung sat on the floor near me and just kept staring at me.  I laughed at how cute he was and then finally gently pinched his cheek. 

He started to pout and whine.  "Auntie~" 

"I'm sorry," I apologized.  "You're just so cute."  Then I let go of his cheek and pecked it. 

I ended up playing with him for the night and when it hit 8 pm, I put him to bed.  While he was sleeping peacefully on my bed, I carefully and quietly continued to put my stuff away.  By the time I had unpacked two boxes completely, I was dead tired, so I got up, made my way to my bed and crawled next to Minkyung and fell into a deep sleep. 

 

 


Hia guys!  the first chapter!  it's kinda boring right now :P  but i still hope you enjoyed it! :)

 

Thanks

~Angelflyer

 

(6/6/17)

Hello everyone~  This is the new first chapter!  It's not all that different, I guess... but I feel like I've done a little better.  Oh, and I'll just leave the notes that I put at the end of every chapter just for memories haha :D