Wave

Dream Boy

I sit with my head softly bowing on the little head bellow mine, watching the human stampede storm by and disappear from sight. 

"We're going to die.!" Tomoya states. 

I felt a quick inhale and a jump under me and I hissed at him. "Tomoya?!?"

I rubbed the childs shoulder and he became slightly less tense.

The water under us has become cold as the sweat beads on our foreheads. The tar has become chunked coal ore and seems to battle with the flickering streetlight. The low decibel hurts my ears, especially from Taka's corner of our dark little ruin. The whole "once upon a time" town around is demolished and disintegrating by the second. No sound can echo naturally in our damp and frigid demise, almost as though the world has made it's own sepulcher just for us.

Toru appears to have accepted his fate and is reflecting. Ryoto seems hurt and disappointed in himself. Anything I recite in my head only has a worse realization. So I sit guiltily holding the small life in my grasp.

"You know the worst is over." I say with a sigh irritated with my own positive comment.

I pull the cubs' chin back towards me in a loving and playful fashion. His grey-black eyes soaking into mine. A soft sincere smile grows across his face. Instead of crying for his mother he simply states "wave.."

While the other boys are loathing, Taka sits there broken. I can feel him gazing at me with empathy and frustration. Suddenly, I hear a rock being tossed at the wall and hear

"Yeah.. wave"