All I Need

The Outcast Club
Alone - Infinite H
 
*Please listen to the song to set the mood! It's one of my favourites~ ^^
----------------------
 
With quiet music in her ears, Yura closed her eyes, replaying the scenes from earlier over and over again.
 
She glanced out of the cool glass window, and the sun shone with brilliant hues as the atmosphere was dyed scorching shades of orange. As she watched the sunset from inside the bus, she felt calmer.
 
To be completely honest, she wasn’t really all that surprised to hear the trash-talking that happened behind her back. She was just a little… taken aback that members of the club actually did so, when she was just – kinda – starting to believe that they were genuine.
 
Friend Club my , Yura fought an urge to roll her eyes, What kind of friend doubts another on the first day?
 
Yura pictured the smiling Rapmon in her mind. She had sensed that he had a good aura, and had a gut feeling that he was genuinely kind. Surprisingly, Yura had a pretty good gut, which meant she had pretty accurate readings on people.
 
He probably disliked her now, especially since she had told off his childhood friend. It was a pity – she could have made an actual friend if that whole ordeal didn’t happen.
 
She remembered the others, and thought they were pretty nice people too, but who knows – after that whole ordeal, they probably took their friend's side and were cussing her out right now.
 
While closing her eyes, Yura blocked out her thoughts. It was just too familar to her - the backstabbing, betrayal...
 
She sighed. After all, it was all in the past now.
 
*
 
“I’m home,” Yura unlocked the door with her key and stepped inside. Before she did, she glanced over at Yoomi’s apartment. I wonder if she heard about everything from the others?
 
“In here!” Ken’s voice sounded in the distance, and Yura’s eyes widened. As she slipped off her shoes and threw her bag to the side, she masked her surprise and appeared in the kitchen with a dully-surprised look.
 
“You’re home early.”
 
Ken stirred the pot with his chopsticks and took a sip of the soup, “Of course! I had to leave early to go pick up Shinbi from school,” he frowned at her, “Aren’t you going to give your cousin a big hug?”
 
“No,” Yura stepped back, but it was too late. Unluckily for her, Ken had lightning-fast reflexes. When he swiped his arms, she was struggling in his embrace.
 
“Aww, so cuddly,” Ken smushed his cheek against hers as Yura rolled her eyes. Finally, she pushed herself out, “Okay, that’s enough.”
 
Ken grinned at the pink forming on her cheeks as she embarrassedly coughed. Yura leaned in to see what he was earnestly making, “I’m surprised that you’re cooking. Are we going to eat actual food or are we going to be ordering take-out last minute again?”
 
If Ken was offended, he didn’t show it. “Not to worry, my dear little cousin, your big brother Ken has selected a dish that one cannot possibly mess up – not in a million years,” he uncovered the pot lid as he stretched his hands out, “Ta-daa!”
 
Yura chortled as soon as she peered inside, “Ramen?”
 
“Hey, be nice. It’s not just any ramen – it’s my special cheese ramen!” He exclaimed proudly, wiping his hands on his apron.
 
Yura made a face, “That sounds gross.”
 
“And I will be laughing triumphantly when you declare otherwise,” Ken confidently put the pot lid back on.
 
“Whatever you say. Where’s Shinbi?” She looked around for her little sister.
 
“In the bedroom,” Ken instructed before turning the heat down. Yura undid her tie and was about to make a beeline for her room when Ken turned around, “Yura?”
 
“Yeah?” She paused.
 
Ken gave her a small, sympathetic smile, “Didn’t go so well, did it?”
 
Yura stopped for a second before she gave him a small, reassuring smile back, “Nah, the club just wasn’t to my taste anyway.”
 
Ken watched her silently as she knocked on her door and entered her room before cooking again.
 
“Hello? Shinbi?” Yura tiptoed inside the room as silently as she could. A dim light was on, and a tiny figure was bundled into the sheets.
 
Gaze softening, Yura realized that the bundle was Shinbi. As she stepped closer towards her, she could see her small face peeping out from under the blanket, her tangled, short black hair sprawled out on her pillow, and her long eyelashes that rested on top of her face.
 
“Geez,” Yura sighed and sat down carefully on the side of the bed, “Ken should know better than to have her sleep now – she’ll be wide awake later on.”
 
Still, Yura outstretched a hand to cautiously brush away the hair in front of her face. In the silence of the room and the quiet bubbling of the soup a door away, Yura found peace.
 
“All I want… is for unnie to be happy. Not just at home, but at school, too, with thousands of friends.”
 
Shinbi’s words echoed in her mind, and Yura felt her heart sink. She drew a breath and sighed.
 
“I’m sorry, Bibi. Unnie tried, but I can’t trust people so easily anymore. I'm not capable of making friends again, but that's okay with me. I don’t care about the others – all I need is you and Ken oppa, anyway,” she whispered.
 
A few moments passed as she thought about Shinbi playing alone at kindergarten. It’s fine if I’m alone, but I don’t want her to go through the same things as me.
 
When Yura got up and left the room, she didn’t notice that Shinbi had opened her eyes long ago.