To Skip or Not to Skip?

The Outcast Club
Second Grade - Bangtan Boys
 
----------------------
 
“Gooood morning, Hanyang! We have loads of announcements today, so everyone, keep your ears open to hear these amazing events!” A way-too-cheery voice resounded from the P.A system.
 
Students in class 2A continued to chatter away as the announcements dragged on. At the last window seat near the back, Yura had her earphones in, eyes closed, and had her head resting atop folded arms. Music was the best way to escape from the real world, in her opinion.
 
In a sudden second, the doors banged open and the first period teacher came in – a stern looking man with thick eyebrows and a wide scowl. Kids nicknamed him Mr. Grouch, as nobody had ever seen him happy before. He smacked the podium with a ruler, and in an instant, everyone shut their mouths to stare at the front, “Yah, yah, YAH! All you kids, be quiet and listen to the announcements! No cellphones!”
 
With eyes of a hawk, Mr. Grouch nabbed a shiny cellphone out of the hands of an unsuspecting student, “Confiscated.”
 
The student stood up and pleaded, “Wait, sir, that’s expensive!”
 
Mr. Grouch whirled around and gave him a sharp glare before resting his eyes on Yura. Yura hadn’t heard his shouts, and was in a dormant sleep. His eyes glinted, and he automatically approached her.
 
Hyeri, one of the girls that hated Yura’s guts, smirked deviously when she saw what was happening. But before her phone could be taken away, Yura opened one eye to stare at the teacher.
 
Mr. Grouch was hovering above her, looking stern, “Han Yura, did you hear me?”
 
Yura straightened up, “Yes, sir. You wanted us to put away our devices.”
 
The teacher eyed her earphones and stuck his hand out, “Phone.”
 
Yura raised her eyebrows slightly, but kept a poker face on. By now, everyone in class was watching the scene in interest. Mr. Grouch looked displeased by her silent behaviour and shook his hand again, “Phone or MP3, I don’t care. You’d better have something in my hands now, Han Yura.”
 
Yura stared right back at him, “With all due respect sir, I don’t think—“
 
“That’s enough! Hand it over!” He demanded.
 
Yura’s mouth clamped shut in mid-sentence as she exhaled and pulled out her earphones. The students in class leaned over to see… absolutely nothing. The earphones were never attached to anything.
 
Yura wagged the empty cord in the air, as Mr. Grouch’s smug face fell in shock. Hyeri gawked at the scene.
 
“No phone. No MP3. Just earphones. Now that you know I wasn’t using any electronics, you don’t have to confiscate these, do you?” Yura coiled the wire around her earphones before shoving them into the side of her bag.
 
Mr. Grouch lightly cleared his throat after gaining his composure, looking possibly slightly apologetic, before quickly turning around and going to confiscate another poor student’s phone. Yura stared at the kids that looked at her in awe before they quickly focused their gazes on something else.
 
Miraculously, the announcements were still going on in the background, now clearly heard in the silence of the classroom.
 
“To all members of the Help-a-Friend Club, there is a meeting after school in room 101. See you all there!”
 
Yura sighed and stared outside, feeling like an anvil was dropped onto her shoulders. One problem down, one more to go.
 
*
 
Before she knew it, Yura found herself in front of an ugly grey door with a dark blue plaque. ‘Room 101’ was etched inside in small, white lettering.
 
Dread was already seeping into every limb of her body. This isn’t going to be good, she thought warily before taking a step back. Chickening out didn’t seem so bad now. Her face was calm and collected, but inside, her insecurities made her emotions waver.
 
Collecting courage, she briskly knocked on the door. She waited with anxious nerves sparking at her stomach for five minutes, but oddly, nobody came to swing it open with a cheesy, cheery hello.
 
She raised a hand to knock again, but caught herself halfway.
 
This is stupid, she decided.
 
Maybe I’ll just skip today and say I felt ill, she straightened out her white button down shirt and navy blue tie. Better hurry before anyone sees me…
 
Yura casually backed away and turned to go when the image of Shinbi playing alone at the kindergarten flickered vividly in her mind, making her freeze.
 
Shinbi had looked so lonely, and the happy aura that she usually had on had been masked with her hunched posture. It took all of her willpower not to march into that classroom and get the other kids to play with her – even if she had to force them.
 
Yura wondered if that was how Shinbi viewed her.
 
In a frenzied battle of torn emotions, Yura hesitated and wavered, when out of the blue, a curious voice resounded in the empty hallway.
 
“Excuse me, but are you the new member?”
 
Yura’s head snapped up. Crap. So much for that plan…
 
She spotted two males approaching her – one with a shockingly white hair colour in a spiked up-do, and another male with black hair. The white-haired male was noticeably lanky and tall, while the other looked youthful and baby-faced. 
 
 
But Yura couldn’t care less at that point about their appearances. Her head was in panic mode, sending off warning signals – sure, she could deal with girls, no problem, but with the opposite ? The males? That was a big, fat, no.
 
…Which is why it was no surprise that she couldn’t get a word out straight, and instead, stared blankly at them.
 
The lanky male with long limbs exchanged quizzical looks with the baby-faced boy, and he blinked unsurely, “Um… or am I mistaken?”
 
Yura instantly grew alert, “No, I’m... new.”
 
The friendlier male quickly broke into a smile, and all the lines of worry on his face relaxed into assurance, “Oh, thank goodness! I thought I just making assumptions.”
 
 
He has dimples, she absentmindedly noted, as the grooves in his cheeks delved in deeper as he smiled wider. He has a nice smile.
 
When Yura collected her thoughts and looked up with piercing eyes, she became much more aware that the baby-faced boy was blankly staring at her, as if scrutinizing her every movement.
 
Yura’s eyebrows began to furrow. What the hell is he looking at?
 
Rap Monster, who failed to notice the hostility, easily diverted her attention, “You must’ve been waiting here for a while! Why didn’t you go in first?”
 
“I… tried,” she managed, and left it at that.
 
Rapmon gave her a strange look, but eventually, it morphed into a pleasant laugh, “Strange answer, but I’ll take it. Come on in.”
 
Yura blinked, expecting the conversation to be more awkward, but interestingly enough, the conversation they had seemed breezy. Okay, sure, maybe she was just being over-analytical, for a three sentence exchange of dialogue, but this was a big achievement! She at conversation – especially with boys, who were, for the most part, immature to the bone. This one actually spoke on her level.
 
Shaking that thought out of her head and pushing up her sleeves, Yura cleared and entered the room.
 
The boy with jet black hair continued to watch her from the corner of his eye before closing the door to Room 101 behind him.
 

________________________

Hey muzicians~

I'm super sorry about not updating for a while! 

Trust me, I wanted to update, but this year is hectic. Now that I know how I want my story to turn out too, I'm anticipating more time to write some fresh new chapters to tug at your heartstrings, haha! ^^

In any case, I hope you guys will stick along with me for the ride no matter how long it takes. Your patience is much appreciated<3

There has been so much going on since my last update, from K-pop drama, crises, and extremely devestating news (#PrayForLadiesCode) to everyday drama. But putting all that aside, I hope everyone who has been experiencing some sort of hardship, stress, or confused feelings can look at things from a more positive point of view, wind down, and be at peace (preferably by laughing out loud with this story!). I'll try my best to deliver some awesome chapters! :)

And for everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving, a very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! 

-muzikmaster.