Nine Minus One

The Outcast Club
I'm Serious - MADTOWN
 
-----------------------
 
After school, Yura and Jungkook hopped on the bus to Sunflower Kindergarten.
 
Yura rested her head against the cool glass of the bus window as she put in her earphones, blocking out any further opportunities for contact with Jungkook.
 
I agreed to go with him, but I never said I’d talk to him, she thought.
 
As per usual, Jungkook had his blazer off and made a show of stretching his long limbs. He plopped his backpack on the floor between his legs, “It’s raining one day, and now it’s boiling outside. Come on, Mother Nature, get your act together!”
 
Instead of a snarky reply, Yura sighed silently; a pensive expression coating her narrow face. In her mind, Jin’s downcast expression and the hurt in V’s face from before would not disappear. It was all because of those three clowns at school that shamed their group in public.  Ignorant turds, she thought darkly to herself. How could anyone do that to someone?
 
Silently, Yura observed Jungkook, who was scrolling mindlessly on his phone.  On the other hand, how can he be so unaffected by this? Isn’t he supposed to be their caretaker?
 
Yura dawned on a bittersweet realization as she deftly looked away.
 
Otherwise… Is this what these guys put up with every day?
 
Jungkook pointed out something on his phone and laughed, expecting Yura to at least show a hint of amusement when he took notice of her sullen, distracted face.
 
“’Oi, Han Yura,” he nudged her with his arm, “’Oi.”
 
Lips pursed in a line, Yura elbowed him back, twice as hard. Jungkook in a sharp breath, “Holy—!”
 
An elderly man in front of them shot the two a glare for being so loud, and Jungkook immediately apologized. When the man huffed and turned back around, Jungkook grumbled and quieted his voice considerably to an annoyed hush:
 
“Goodness gracious woman, are you trying to…”
 
One glance at Yura’s obviously sulky face was all it took to stop Jungkook’s outburst. An imaginary light-bulb went off in his head, and his expressions softened just a teeny, tiny bit.
 
“Oh come on, you’re not still upset over what happened at lunch, are you?” he tried to placate her awkwardly.
 
“I hate our generation, I hate our school, and most of all – I hate those bastards. And I’m not upset, so leave me alone,” she slipped her hood over her head and turned so her back faced him.
 
Jungkook looked surprised and silently chortled as he slipped his phone back into his pocket, leaning back in his seat. How adorable.
 
“It’s okay – you can’t beat up every person that talks trash.”
 
“It’s not okay! How can that be okay?!” Yura burst out in an arguing tone. Jungkook leaned back in shock as Yura blinked quickly. Everyone was turning in their seats, flat-out glaring at them now. In a flash, Yura tugged her hood over her head and turned to face the window without a single apology. Jungkook managed to catch a glimpse of her embarrassed, reddened face before he couldn’t contain himself anymore and snickered.
 
Bewildered at the audacity of teenagers, the rest of the people in the bus ignored them again. The elderly grandpa instantly got up to switch his seat, furiously scooching farther away from the pair. The seats around them, for the most part, were now deserted.
 
Jungkook found that even more hilarious and tried to laugh more quietly, but ended up failing at it.
 
Yura’s eyebrow twitched, “…Stop it.”
 
Even a few minutes later, Yura could still feel the shakes of laughter resonating from him.
 
“…You’re seriously asking for a punch,” she replied in a muffled voice, half of her wanting to crawl into a hole.
 
Jungkook’s laughs died down, but a smile remained on his face. Around other girls besides his friend Haera, it was extremely rare to see him laughing. Even a small hint of a smile was a goldmine to others that secretly fawned over him in the shadows at school – although he was infamous, he was never approached, both out of fear and awe. Plus, it didn’t help that he was inseparable from the members of HFC – according to others, if it weren’t for his “less-than-perfect” friends, he would have probably been the most popular boy at school.
 
High school was terribly cruel.
 
But strangely, despite how much he tried, Jungkook just couldn’t contain his laughter around the equally anti-social Yura. He found her… funny.
 
If anyone heard me associate Han Yura with the word, ‘funny’, I’d probably become a laughing stock, Jungkook grinned to himself before remembering something that was given to him. He rustled around in his bag as he let out a sharp, ‘aha!’
 
“Alright, here, as a token of my sincerest apologies, I’d like to present you with something.”
 
Yura could practically hear the sarcasm dripping from his voice as she rolled her eyes, still hunched over.
 
“You don’t want to see it?” Jungkook’s teasing tone of voice stirred curiosity from inside her. He leaned in expectantly.
 
 
He better not be lying… Yura cautiously glanced over her shoulder and finally turned to face a smug-looking Jungkook. His lips were curved into an all-too innocent smile as he happily handed her a crumpled up piece of paper. Yura eyed it unsurely, “What is this?”
 
Jungkook tossed it to her as she swiftly caught it in both hands, “Open it if you’re that curious.”
 
She unfolded the crinkly notebook page to reveal a list of phone numbers, all written by hand in different penmanship.
 
Yura’s clueless face made Jungkook let out a chortle as he explained, “They’re all the cell numbers of the members of the club. They told me they wanted to give it to you since you’re the only one that doesn’t have them.”
 
Yura took in all the different writing styles and messy scribbles on the page. She could spot Haera’s girly handwriting filled with hearts and smiley faces, as well as Suga’s undecipherable, messy lines. Yura let out a small, secret chuckle.
 
Jungkook watched her expression with a fond smile. He watched as she counted the numbers and grew puzzled. There’s one phone number missing…
 
“Oh, let me borrow this for a second,” Easily, Jungkook plucked Yura’s phone out of her hands. Yura frowned but leaned in to see what he was doing in slight interest. She watched as he punched in his number into her contacts.
 
“Mine’s the only one missing from the paper,” he clarified as he typed in his name.
 
“I didn’t ask for it.”
 
“Well unfortunately, you’re getting it,” he smoothly replied, “This damn keyboard is too small for my fingers.”
 
Yura fought an urge to roll her eyes as she glanced away from the screen and peered up at his intent face with an eyebrow raised, “Why didn’t you just add your number on the paper?”
 
“Why do that when I can make sure it’s put into your phone myself? You never know when you might need it.” Jungkook swiftly replied, eyes never leaving the screen. Suddenly, he raised the phone and snapped a picture of himself. Before Yura could refute, he set it as his contact photo, “H-Hey—“
 
“And save!” he seemed satisfied as he tossed the phone back to her. She scrambled to catch it, shooting the boy a glare.
 
“Lucky you, Han Yura. You’ve just personally received the phone number of Seoul’s greatest fighter—OW!”
 
“I don’t know if you’re really connected to those gangsters or whatever and I don’t really care, but just don’t get me involved,” Yura looked away, but didn’t make a move to delete the number.
 
Jungkook amusedly watched as she neatly attempted to fold the paper of phone numbers into her fist and slid it into her pocket with care before looking off out the window again.
 
“Hey, if I gave you my number, you should give me yours,” Jungkook insisted, “A photo for caller ID too—“
 
“Not a chance,” Yura leaned her head on her fist, “You’ll get my number only if I call you. And that will be never.”
 
“And the photo?” Jungkook pressed.
 
“If there’s anything I hate most, it’s taking pictures.”
 
“So that’s a no?”
 
Yura sighed in exasperation before turning to him, “Didn’t you hear anything I said—“
 
Snap! Yura’s mouth went slightly agape as Jungkook took a quick photo with his phone, “Gotcha~!”
 
Instantly, Yura lunged for it, and Jungkook happily obliged, turning off the home screen with a click of the button. Yura fiddled with the phone and turned it on. At once, it illuminated and prompted her to put in a password to unlock it.
 
“Guess if you can,” he sing-songed, “You’ll never get it.”
 
Yura glared at him spitefully as Jungkook drew his eyebrows in a pitiful frown, “Oh come on, you have my picture! Plus, I hate having contacts with no photos. It’s just stupid.”
 
“I didn’t even want your stinking photo!”
 
Jungkook sighed, “Go ahead and try to unlock my phone then. Oh – just so you know, after like, 5 incorrect attempts, you have to wait 30 seconds to try again.”
 
“Argh!” Yura threw his phone at him, and it bounced off of his chest before it fell down and he captured it in his hand.
 
“…I better not see that picture on the Internet somewhere,” she mumbled, turning away from him again.
 
Jungkook blinked rapidly before he glanced down at his phone in stunned realization. I won?
 
At once, his gaze pinned onto Yura’s hunched back as he beamed inwardly, despite himself.
 
Cute, he chortled into his fist as he carefully put his phone in his pocket. Now, only if I had her number…
 
_________________
UNPRETTY RAPSTAR! (don't mind me i'm just crazy hahaha)
Hello dear muzicians!
As promised, I'm back with a new update full of Jungkook x Yura moments! Yukook anyone??
I wanted to apologize for the lack of updates. I'm sure you're tired of hearing me saying this but I'm on a really tight schedule and a lot is going on at this time, but I am trying my best to pull through!
Hope you all understand and a big thank you to those who do! ^^
Okay - I'm sure you've all heard of the influx of comebacks with Bangtan coming back in May whoot whoot, Big Bang's comeback (but where's iKON, YG?? >:o),  CLC's Pepe, MADTOWN (thumbs up for you if you know them) and EXO's newest comeback to point out a few!
I'm actually really liking EXO's album now (which was surprising because upon first listen, I only thoroughly enjoyed EXODUS and Beautiful, which are awesome btw)! but what is UP with that odd sensual bit in Lady Luck like whaaaat 
I'm warming up to Call Me Baby too! Finally, Lay's finally getting the attention he deserves because who doesn't love Lay MY BIAS (and Kai... oh Kai... ;___;)
Anyways, for those of you who listened to their new album, feel free to drop your favourite song off the album! If not, list a song you're crazily into at the moment! ^-^
Thanks for reading this long author's note and stay healthy, safe and happy! Enjoy Easter! :D
by the way is anyone here into Shinhwa? because I'm watching Shinhwa Broadcast at the moment and they are HILARIOUS and rocking those dance moves/songs #goshinhwa
P.P.S: I watched the last episode of Unpretty Rapstar last night and I was sobbing ugh (cheetah for the win)
-muzikmaster.