Music Mayhem

The Outcast Club
Danger - BTS
 
--------------------------
 
Slapping on her usual poker face, Yura strode coolly into 3rd period. As always, girls were chattering away, boys were doing last-minute revisions to their song assignments and vice-versa. The first person Yura directly saw, though, was Jimin.
 
His short black hair swayed as he earnestly wrote down something on a piece of paper. Finished, he pulled back with an excited, satisfied grin. He seemed to notice Yura’s stare, though, as he slowly raised his head up and beamed widely at her as she headed to her seat.
 
 
‘Hi,’ he mouthed, eyes twinkling, happy to see a familiar face.
 
Yura didn’t smile, but her eyes were warm. She gave him a casual nod with a very, very small hint of a grin before passing by and sitting down in her usual spot, at the back.
 
At the same time, Jimin looked over his shoulder and watched her get settled down. He looked at the seats beside him, which were empty at the moment, and softly sighed. If she had sat closer to him, he could’ve been able to stir up a conversation, at least.
 
It’s all your fault that I’m forced to sit here, Jimin limply kicked his prosthetic leg with a pout.
 
At that moment, Maestro Kang entered with a haughty look. She slapped her teaching stick on the table a few times, “Settle down, class! Settle down!”
 
At once, the kids who were still standing and chatting with their friends hurried to their seats.
 
Yura gave her a disinterested glance before staring out the window.
 
“All right, now, I assume that you’ve all brought in your compositions today, correct? After I take attendance, I have to run out to grab a few things necessary for today’s lesson in the faculty office. That means that during the ten minutes I’m gone, you will all go over your songs one last time before handing it in. Understood?”
 
“Yes,” the class dully chorused.
 
“Excellent. Yoo Jidam?”
 
“Here!”
 
“Min Doyoon?”
 
 
“Yeah, whaddup, ssem?” A lazy voice drawled. On cue, the class burst into quiet laughs. The male named Doyoon smirked and pretended to feign innocence when the teacher glared at him, “Oh, sorry, ssem! I must’ve forgotten to whom I was talking to.”
 
“Keep that up, Mr. Doyoon, and I will personally send you down to see the principal himself,” she replied crossly.
 
“Aww ssem, you know you love me,” Doyoon rested his hands behind his head, “You’re certainly my favourite teacher in the whole school. That’s why I miss all my other classes from time to time but I never miss this one,” he tipped his head towards her, “Plus, you’re the only one who has a kick- nickname.”
 
Ma-e-stro Kang,” one of his friends added in a sultry, DJ-like voice, earning another round of snorts and chortles from the class.
 
What a -up, Yura’s sharp gaze flitted over to Doyoon for a fraction of a second before rolling her eyes. Everyone knows that he only comes to this class because his girlfriend is Shin Sera, that from Hyeri’s circle of friends, and her class is right next door.
 
“Hm,” Maestro Kang looked taken aback and appeased, “Well. Thank you for that, Mr. Doyoon. I do have to say that I quite like my title as ‘Maestro’.”
 
As Maestro Kang was dazed in her thoughts, Yura saw Doyoon snidely reach a hand out behind him to his friend, and his friend hi-fived him with a smug look on his face. It was obvious that they were thinking that “Maestro Kang” was a er for believing all his white lies.
 
Soon after Maestro Kang snapped out of it, she continued on with her attendance list.
 
“Han Yura?”
 
Silently, Yura raised a casual hand. The other students kept quiet as they watched her. Doyoon raised an eyebrow, I didn’t even notice her.
 
“Oh, you’re here! You’ve been absent from my class for quite a while,” she cleared . Yura opened to come up with something, but Maestro Kang shook her head, “No need to worry, I bumped into Namjoon on my way here. He told me that you were helping out the student council committee for a few weeks during this class.”
 
Yura blinked. From the front, Jimin looked bewildered, too.
 
“Her? Helping the student council?” a male in front of her raised his eyebrow. “The day I see that happen, I’ll dye my hair red,” another snickered.
 
Inconspicuously, Yura kicked the student’s leg in front of her, and the male jolted in pain. Angrily, he turned around to glare at her, but ended up getting daggers glared at him instead. Yura menacingly jerked her head, as if daring him to go against her.
 
“Is it true? Have you been helping out the student council?” the teacher asked.
 
“…I-It’s true,” the boy mumbled lies half-heartedly, “…I saw her helping out the principal, too.”
 
Yura smirked smugly and left him alone.
 
“That’s very commendable of you, Ms. Yura, but next time, please let me know instead of making those decisions on your own. No matter how much the student council may need your help, your main priority is your education, and that includes attending this class,” Maestro Kang explained.
 
Yura nodded obediently. I owe Namjoon sunbae big time, she sighed in relief.
 
“Good. Now class, review those songs of yours! I’ll be back in ten minutes!” she hurriedly dashed out. It was as if the classroom was put on mute for a few moments after her departure when all of a sudden, the volume button was cranked all the way up. Kids jumped out of their seats again to talk to their peers, some pulled their phones out and texted each other, and all in all, they dismissed the teacher’s words.
 
Yura regretted coming to class. Just as she wished she’d skipped, she noticed something odd.
 
Doyoon had slid out of his seat and was next to Jimin, awkwardly close. She strained to hear their conversation.
 
“Hey, Jimin, right? The one with the cool, robotic leg?” Doyoon lazily slung an arm around Jimin’s neck as if they were lifelong pals.
 
Yura couldn’t see Jimin’s expression, but she could envision his befuddled face.
 
“Listen, ol’ pal. Do you mind if we just see your assignment for a second? Just tryin’ to check out the competition, you know? I’m pretty sure you wrote a good song – I mean, you are the most hardworking student in class,” Doyoon continued.
 
“Uh...”
 
“Don’t worry, we won’t copy it. We just want to check it out, yeah?” Doyoon pinched his cheek with an all-too bright grin. In one second, his grin slipped off and he tossed Jimin’s notes to one of his friends. His friend caught it and smirked widely.
 
He read it before he started feigning shock, “Wow! I’m impressed! Seriously, dude, you should write real songs.” Jimin blinked but smiled a bit, feeling impish yet proud, until Doyoon’s friend continued his sentence.
 
“Can I take a picture of this? This is definitely Instagram worthy.” Before he could reply, the boys started snapping photos of Jimin’s lyrics.
 
Jimin immediately shot out of his seat, “No—“
 
“Hey, hey, hey,” Doyoon eased Jimin back down in his seat and shot a look at his friend, “Jaemyung, quit that. How could you take those photos without Jimin’s permission?”
 
Hearing that, Jimin relaxed a bit.
 
“Honestly, Jaemyung, you’re such an idiot,” Doyoon flicked his brown bangs to one side. “…Here, take them with mine, too,” he tossed his cellphone to him. Jaemyung caught it grinned snidely. Instantly, he got to taking more photos.
 
Jimin gawked at Doyoon and instantly lunged for his papers, but Jaemyung was quicker. He held them high up in the air, “Let’s see you jump, Stumpy! That's it, jump higher! Bet you can’t reach this—“
 
In a flash, a hand shot out and grabbed the papers out of Jaemyung’s grasp. All three boys turned to stare at Yura, who looked stoic, but was extremely irritated.
 
One corner of her lips curved up into a dark smirk. “Too slow.”
 
Yura approached the stunned Jaemyung as Jimin, Doyoon, and the other classmates gawked at her. “You know, although he may have an amputated leg," she tossed Jimin his papers without warning, and he grabbed it just in time, “he has pretty good reflexes.”
 
“And although you have both of your legs,” she pretended to make a move to knee his stomach, and he flinched. He dropped both his and Doyoon’s phones, and Yura easily caught them, now holding both of the cellular devices, “your reflexes unfortunately .”
 
If they weren’t before, now everyone in the class was gawking at Yura’s actions.
 
This bit—“ Jaemyung sneered and took a step forward, but Doyoon blocked him with an arm, “Easy.” The tall, lanky Doyoon kept a lighthearted smile on his lips, but his eyes were now cold and hard. His muscles rippled from underneath his uniform shirt.
 
Mildly intrigued, Yura raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms.
 
“Quite amusing of you, Han Yura, to be suddenly sticking up for the disabled kid. Ah,” he advanced slowly on her, “Speaking of which, there’s a rumour that you joined their Outcast Club. Quite a fitting name for a band of unwanted scum… but hey, I’m not here to judge.”
 
A few hushed snickers filled the room and Jimin hung his head in shame.
 
Seeing Jimin’s ashamed expression made Yura shove the two bullies aside. All eyes were on her as she went over to her desk, grabbed her backpack, and strode lazily to the seat beside Jimin’s. The girl who was Jimin's seatmate stared at her.
 
“'Oi,” Yura kicked her chair lightly, “Get out.”
 
The girl scrambled out of her seat.
 
Yura set her backpack down on top of her new desk and kicked her feet up. She glanced over her shoulder at the two confused boys and held up their phones before whipping them against the wall. SMASH! Their screens were obliterated.
 
Jimin’s jaw slacked open in frantic alarm, and many gasped.
 
“Now, does that answer your question?” Yura addressed the both of them, but kept her eyes glued onto Doyoon, especially. Doyoon stared right back at her, and the two's strong gazes caused immense friction in the room.
 
“MY PHONE!” Jaemyung cried as he scurried over to pick up the pieces, but it was no use. The phones were completely damaged. Doyoon, on the other hand, couldn’t care less. He was rich, so he could just buy another phone in a split second. Although thirty percent of him was annoyed by her, the rest were interested by her behaviour.
 
With fire blazing in his eyes, Jaemyung furiously pointed at her, “LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID! This was new! What are you going to do to repay me for this?!”
 
“Nothing,” Yura replied.
 
“NOTHING?!” Jaemyung howled in disbelief.
 
“Absolute zippo,” her lips curved into an irritated smirk, "Why should I pay you back, anyway? You were having all the time in the world while taking advantage of him," she nodded her head at Jimin. "I can't do the same?"
 
“Why you—“ Jaemyung lunged for , but a hand snatched his wrist firmly.
 
Yura’s eyes widened as she watched Jimin hold him back. Jaemyung actually winced at his iron grip.
 
 
Jimin's gaze was hard and murderous. “No violence. Not towards girls, not towards me, not towards anyone.”
 
It was at that instant when Maestro Kang decided to return to class. Jimin instantly let go of Jaemyung. Her eyes traced the floor to see the phones that were cracked and abandoned. He gaped, “What is going on here?!”
 
Doyoon was quick to act, “Jaemyung dropped our phones by accident.”
 
Yura and Jimin stopped to stare at him in surprise.
 
“Wha—“ Jaemyung was outraged and baffled. Doyoon simply flashed a bright grin, “Everything’s fine and dandy.”
 
“O…kay, then. Clear those phones from the floor and head back to your desks,” Maestro Kang ordered.
 
“Yes ma’am,” Doyoon roughly pushed Jaemyung to go pick up the phones and slinked back to his desk. A few fleeting moments later, Jaemyung hurried back to his seat behind him and hissed, “What the hell was that? Are you really just going to let them go like this?!”
 
“I might have put the blame on you this time, but wouldn’t it have been worth it if they got the revenge they deserved?” Doyoon murmured back.
 
“Wait… what?” Jaemyung faltered.
 
“Good things come to those who wait,” Doyoon ruffled his dark brown hair and watched Yura’s backside from the corner of his eye. “So just wait… for now.”
 

____________

Uh oh... O_o 

double update woohoo

-muzikmaster.