Lunchtime Banters

The Outcast Club
No Time to Spare (feat. i11evn, Supreme Boi) - Kidoh
 
 
--------------------
 
“So… what exactly was ‘yesterday’?”
 
Secretly, everyone was relieved that at least one of them had the guts to ask the question they were all dying to ask. Yura’s cheeks reddened slightly as she coughed, while Jungkook stuffed his face with food.
 
Jimin sensed Yura’s discomfort and quickly elbowed him, “Suga hyung...”
 
“What? I was just curious!” Suga narrowed his eyes and closed his physics textbook, “You know it’s not just me who thinks that those two are acting very suspiciously...”
 
Rapmon fervently shushed Suga.
 
Yura glanced over to her right side, where Haera sat, as still as a statue. Anyone could see that she seemed uncomfortable.
 
“...If I’m the one who’s making you tense,” she spoke up, “I can leave."
 
“Oh, no!” Haera’s arm shot out and grabbed her. When Yura stared down at it, Haera embarrassedly pulled away, “I m-mean… I was just shocked. I didn’t know you would actually stay… I mean, in the club.”
 
"I'm glad you did," Rapmon quickly said, "Otherwise, I would've never gotten a better chance to voice out my apology."
 
Yura’s head snapped up. Apology? Why would he apologize?
 
Rapmon looked sheepish as he patted down the hair at the back of his head. “Well, before I heard any explanations, I naturally sided with Jungkook. I thought you had said something to Haera. I didn’t even stand up for you, my hoobae, and Jungkook misunderstood the situation, blaming you instantly. After you left, Haera carefully explained what had happened and said it had been her fault in the first place for not standing up for the both of you to those bullies,” Rapmon said, “And I feel terrible for judging you like that.”
 
“And we’re supposed to be a non-judging club.” J-Hope shook his head, “Oh, the irony.”
 
“It’s not only you who feels sorry, Namjoon hyung. I do, too.” Jimin spoke.
 
“Same for me.”
 
“Me three.”
 
“Me four!”
 
V pointed to himself and sadly put up five fingers. Me five.
 
One by one, everyone quietly apologized for wronging Yura, and soon, all had admitted their mistakes except for one more person.
 
“Hey, don’t look at me,” Jungkook put up his hands in surrender, “I already apologized.”
 
Yura made a face. It doesn’t hurt to apologize again, she sneered in her head.
 
As if he read her mind, V hit Jungkook’s arm, and he yelped in surprise, “What?”
 
V looked stern as he wagged his finger at him. That’s a no-no!
 
Silently, Haera thought back to yesterday’s talk with Jungkook after school.
 
“You have to apologize to Yura.
 
“What? It’s already the end of the day, and she probably left school already!”
 
“Don’t make excuses, Jeon Jungkook. I know that you feel really bad for yelling at her. I saw what kind of face you made when I was explaining what happened. If it’s because of you that she’s still upset, I won’t forgive you!”
 
“…”
 
“Promise? Double, quadruple pinky swear?”
 
“…Okay, okay, sheesh.”
 
Haera’s heart felt a little better. She hoped that Jungkook had been serious in apologizing to her.
 
“In short, everyone’s sorry. We hope you could give us another chance,” Rapmon explained.
 
It was quiet until she sighed.
 
Haera’s eyes searched her sharp ones, “Yura… You will stay… won’t you?”
 
Yura contemplated that before speaking. “I—“
 
“Of course she will! Didn’t I tell you? She’s the official newbie. If she’s not the newbie, who’s gonna fill her place?” Jungkook sipped his soda.
 
Yura wanted to sock him, “Would it kill you to stop answering my questions for me, just once?”
 
“Yeah,” Jungkook nodded with a serious look, “It would.”
 
Yura’s eyebrow twitched.
 
“You know, now that I think about it, you two kind of resemble Tom and Jerry,” Jin pointed out, turning to Suga, “You're right. Something definitely did happen between them.”
 
"Nothing happened between us!" Yura blurted out, flustered. Jungkook happily rubbed his stomach without a care in the world. That was a good lunch.
 
“See?!” Suga complained to Rapmon, proving his point, “It's suspicious! I told you!”
 
In the hubbub, V quickly wrote something on a piece of scrap paper with a marker and held it up for her to read.
 
'Does this mean that you’re coming after school today?'
 
Yura was befuddled. "After school? I thought you only had meetings twice a week.”
 
The gang glanced at each other as Jimin helpfully smiled, “That’s what it says on paper, but to be honest, nobody in the club follows those rules - not even the teacher. All members are permitted to stay in the club room whenever, as long as it’s not during class. That means during lunch and after school, we can go there – on the pretense of ‘working on club activities’, of course.”
 
She raised an arched eyebrow, "So you lie about club activities to slack off in the room?" HFC is more impulsive than I thought...
 
“More or less. And now that you’re a member of our team,” Jimin smiled, “You gain that privilege, too.”
 
“Think of it like a second living room, with nobody else except our club members to bother you,” Jungkook lazily stretched his long limbs.
 
“Well… even if others were allowed in, it’s not like anyone would go there anyway. It's better like that.” Suga muttered.
 
“Why?”
 
Jin clucked his tongue before sighing.
 
“Haven't you heard? In their eyes, we're the Outcast Club. A band of losers just trying to fit in. In other words, it's quote-unquote 'Reject Central'. Judging by this, would you still want to join?”
 
At once, Yura felt like she shouldn’t have asked the question in the first place. The noisy chatter of the cafeteria seemed distant now.
 
All the members of HFC had unreadable, serious expressions on their faces.
 
“They can call it what they want, but obviously, they don’t know that our club kicks all the other clubs’ asses,” Jungkook smirked, “Right, Namjoon hyung?”
 
Yura watched Rapmon’s gaze soften as he locked eyes with Jungkook. Soon enough, he broke out into a warm smile.
 
“Right.”

____________

Double update!

Just a little side note: I love this chapter's song! One of my favourites these days. Definitely reccommend it! :)