Mad Dash!

The Outcast Club
Take My Hand - GOT7
 
--------------------
 
“Hey, did you join the volleyball club?”
 
“Yep, I joined because my boyfriend’s in the boys’ team.”
 
The girls twittered and giggled, taking turns to lightly hit the other’s shoulder, “You blessed girl!”
 
BAM! Yura slammed her teal locker shut as she slung her navy blue backpack over one shoulder.
 
The girls, not even a foot away from her, flinched at the loud noise and sent her dirty looks.
 
“What’s her problem?”
 
“God, she needs to chill out.”
 
From the corner of her eye, Yura blatantly stared at them. Although it wasn’t a glare, the girls winced and quickly looked away.
 
“L-Let’s go towards the gym…”
 
“…Yeah, we’ll walk you there!”
 
Shaking her head, Yura jammed her hands in her pockets and strode outside with lazy steps. Her eyes might’ve been focused, but her head was vacant. She still hadn’t requested to change her club yet.
 
Heaving a sigh, she reached outside to see… rain. Lots and lots of rain.
 
In the background, she could see the other students shriek and yelp in laughter as they ran out, scurrying to their cars or to find shelter. Through her piercing eyes, Yura spotted a young couple holding hands tightly as they hurried out of the school.
 
Yura could see the girl’s love-filled eyes, even from where she was standing. Disgusting, she cringed.
 
At least I came prepared, Yura reached into her backpack pocket and pulled out a red umbrella. She stood, protected from the rain, checking her phone to see if Ken had come by to pick her up yet.
 
All of a sudden, her phone buzzed with a new text message:
 
Sorry!! ;__;
I can’t pick you up today… I had to take over Leo’s shift. Come home on the bus, okay?
And don’t forget to pick up Shinbi!! ^^;;
 
Yura grumbled, dropping her arm down to her side. Lee Jaehwan, I swear…
 
*
 
“Promise?” Haera looked straight into the eyes of Jungkook, “Double, quadruple pinky swear?”
 
Jungkook rubbed his temples, “Okay, okay, sheesh.” He checked his watch, “Listen, I gotta go. I’m going to be late for my bus.”
 
Haera narrowed her eyes at him, arms crossed, as she pursed her lips, “You’d better do it!”
 
I got it!” He grumbled before mumbling a half-hearted goodbye to the others.
 
“You made a promise, Jeon Jungkook! Do you hear me?!” She yelped in the distance as Jungkook left Room 101.
 
“Alright, Haera, calm down,” he heard Rapmon soothe.
 
As Jungkook exited the school, he shook his head. That Haera, she never changes…
 
Instantly, his head snapped up when he felt a cold drop of rain graze his cheek. Jungkook stared up at the murky grey sky as he stuck a hand out. When he pulled it back, it was wet. Aw, man. And I didn’t bring my umbrella either…
 
Jungkook sighed and was debating on making a sprint for it when he noticed a bright red umbrella moving along quickly in the direction he was going. Is that…?
 
Tires screeched, and Jungkook’s eyes almost popped open.
 
*
 
At this point, Yura had broken out into a full-fledged run. Damn it all!
 
“SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT!” A voice yelped from beside her. Yura slowed down in surprise to see a familiar boy running with all his might, aiming to get on the approaching bus. They were almost at the stop.
 
She couldn’t quite place him since his hair was plastered against his face. She tried to think when the boy screamed, “WAIT, DON’T GO!”
 
Yura’s eyes darted back to the bus as her own eyes widened. It was about to leave! Deciding to sprint, she charged towards the bus, the umbrella limp against her side.
 
Luckily, the bus driver seemed to see the two and stopped just in time for them to get on. Yura gasped for breaths as she closed her umbrella and got on first. As she scanned her card, the bus driver chuckled, “Next time, try to come a bit earlier!”
 
Embarrassed, Yura ducked a bit, remaining stoic on the outside. Quickly, she grabbed a seat at the far back, on the left. She was right in front of the heater, so she mussed her black hair and leaned back so that it could dry.
 
“Damn, I’m soaked,” a voice muttered, and she recognized it as the guy from before. Before she could say anything, he took the seat beside her. She grumbled inwardly and glared up at the person.
 
“…Han Yura?” The boy noticed her before she noticed him, “What the—so it was you.”
 
Yura stared straight into the mildly surprised face of the almighty Jeon Jungkook, soaked head to toe. His navy blue blazer, carelessly slung over his shoulder, was absolutely drenched with rain. Luckily, his white, button-down dress shirt wasn’t, and his red tie was crooked but dry, too. His pants were splotched with random splashes of water, and his wet bangs were messily plastered against his face.
 
“What a coincidence. I didn’t know you took this bus. You don’t mind if I borrow the heater too, do you?” He aimlessly combed his hair with his fingers and sighed, “Ahh, it’s warm.”
 
Yura continued to gawk at him in disbelief. He was acting so nonchalant, as if they had been pals or even close acquaintances.
 
Without a word, she got up, deciding to move. She didn’t want to hear his bantering.
 
Jungkook stuck his leg out, blocking her from leaving, “Hey, why are you moving?”
 
Yura stared down at his leg and glared at him. Is he bipolar or does he just have short-term memory loss?
 
If he was fazed by her murderous glare, he didn’t show it. At that moment, the bus halted again, and a mountain-load of people came onto the bus. Many of the seats were taken except one.
 
Jungkook stared at something behind Yura and blinked rapidly, “Hey, it’s fine, just sit beside me.”
 
“Move,” she hissed.
 
Jungkook saw how adamant she looked, and finally put his leg down, sighing, “…Fine, choose a seat. But the only available one is that one,” they both glanced over at an older male who was hungrily eyeing Yura, “and you and me both know that you don’t want to sit there. Unless, of course, you want to stand.”
 
Yura’s eyes flashed with irritation, “Listen buddy, I can take care of—“
 
“Excuse me, are you moving?” A sickeningly high-pitched voice inquired. Both Yura and Jungkook looked up to see an evidently older lady with an extraordinary amount of makeup. She wore a dangerously low cut top and a miniskirt, showing off her chest, and they both gaped inwardly.
 
Yura regained her posture when she saw the lady wink at Jungkook. Casually, she glanced back to see Jungkook quietly shaking his head.
 
Curse my conscience, Yura grimaced as she plunked back down in her seat.
 
“No, sorry, I just had to pick something up.”
 
Jungkook gaped at Yura as the older lady frowned and was forced to sit somewhere else.
 
Jungkook blinked in surprise, “Um… thank—“
 
“I don’t want to hear another word out of your mouth,” Yura slid on her headphones, “Or else I really will leave.”
 
Cooperatively, Jungkook closed his mouth and sat in silence.
 
Around ten minutes later, Yura tore her gaze away from the window to see Jungkook seemingly asleep. Thankful that the coast was clear, she silently pulled out the club change request form again.
 
She stared at it for a long time. Why are you hesitating, Han Yura? Just hand it in first thing tomorrow morning and be done with it.
 
Unbeknownst to her, Jungkook had secretly peeked an eye open and witnessed the entire scene as she pondered over her dilemma.