Theme 079

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Starvation
Pairing: Rahyuk
Related Chapters: 17, 32, 37, 51, 63, 74, 92, 105, 120, 133, 143
Word Count: 603

                     

Hyuk let out a small whimper, clutching his stomach in pain. He felt so hungry. He’d never felt this kind of hunger before in his whole life. Yet, he also couldn’t seem to make himself eat anything. He’d tried, but whatever he ate came right back up so he’d stopped trying.

“Hyukkie,” Ravi whispered in the younger vampire’s ear, clearly concerned, “you need to eat something.”

“He can’t,” N sighed from the doorway, “Ravi, just accept that he’s going to die already.”

“No!” Ravi hissed, “He is not going to die! I will not lose him, not after everything.”

“Then find something he’ll drink,” N shrugged, “I mean, clearly human blood isn’t going to work.” With that, the older vampire left and Ravi turned back to Hyuk.

“Please drink,” Ravi pleaded, bringing a bag of blood to Hyuk’s lips, “please, Hyukkie.”

“Hurts,” Hyuk whispered, voice betraying just how weak he had become, “so much.”

“I know,” Ravi said, pressing a kiss to Hyuk’s cheek, “drink and that pain will go away.”

“Promise?” Hyuk asked and Ravi nodded.

Hyuk drank from the blood bag as Ravi had asked, but only moments later he was throwing it all back up. Ravi bit back a growl of frustration. He still didn’t know who had done this to his Hyukkie. He had several suspicions, but Hyuk was in no state to confirm or deny any of them. What he did know was that whoever had beaten Hyuk had done a good job of almost killing him. The damage…..the damage that had been done to Hyuk had left him out cold for several days.

When he woke up, he’d been in a state similar to his current one. A week after Hyuk had woken up, he still had yet to drink any blood and he was getting weaker with each day that passed. Soon, Hyuk would be beyond the point of no return and Ravi would lose him. This time for good.

“How is he?” Hongbin asked, poking his head inside the door, “any luck?”

“No luck,” Ravi sighed, brushing Hyuk’s hair out of his face, “he still won’t drink.”

“Maybe it’s the blood?” Hongbin suggested, “How many types have you given him?”

“Every type we have,” Ravi bit back another growl of frustration, “nothing had worked.”

“Have you tried giving him your blood?” Hongbin asked.

“That’s taboo,” Ravi frowned slightly, “drinking from another vampire is just…….”

“The only option left,” Hongbin sighed, “if it works, Hyuk will be alive. If it doesn’t work, at least you tried everything.”

“Alright,” Ravi nodded before slicing his wrist open on his teeth.

Ravi didn’t know why it was taboo to drink from another of your kind, but not knowing why just made it all the easier to do. After all, he wasn’t about to let Hyuk starve to death, not when they were so close to being together and happy again.

Ravi pressed his bleeding wrist to Hyuk’s lips. The younger vampire didn’t respond for a moment, but then the smell of Ravi’s blood reached his nose and he his lips. The blood hit his tongue and soon Hyuk was drinking from Ravi, hands moving to keep Ravi’s arm where it was. Ravi pulled back after a few moments and watched Hyuk carefully, waiting to see if he would vomit the blood back up.

“Good,” Hyuk smiled softly, his lips, “more?”

“Yeah, Hyukkie,” Ravi smiled, “you can have more.” He lifted Hyuk up so that this time the younger could drink from his neck. Hyuk’s fang descended from his gums and he sank them deep into Ravi’s throat.

A/N: at first, I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with this theme. Then the idea for this *points above* struck and I was like “yes! Omg yes!”. Hope you all like it.