Theme 071

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Obsession
Pairing: HyuKen and Rahyuk
Related Chapter: 45, 53, 57, 65, 82, 93, 106, 112, 136, 156, 162, 178, 184, 237,
Word Count: 938

                     

Ken stood at the end of the driveway, staring long and hard at the front door of the house. He was waiting for the man inside to come out, waiting for the moment that would end everything. Looking for Epsilon had led him here. As it turned out, looking for Epsilon had led Ken right to the very person he was hoping the AI could help him find; Kim Wonsik, the man who started everything.

Leo and N had decided weeks ago to stop. Trying to find Epsilon had become too dangerous, so they had left, taking Delta, Theta, and Omega with them. A part of Ken understood why, but a larger part was angry at them for leaving him. He’d heard rumors about what they were doing, but didn’t know anything for sure. He couldn’t see the rumor about Leo being dead being truth, nor the one about N going to the government with what he knew and vanishing. After all, Leo had Delta and Omega to help him and N would never risk anything happening to Theta.

It didn’t matter what they were doing anymore. They couldn’t – and wouldn’t – help him find what he was looking for. The only person who could help him find Hyuk was right in front of him, exiting his house.

“Oh,” Wonsik didn’t bother to look surprised to find Ken there, waiting, “so you’re finally here then.”

“Yeah,” Ken nodded, looking Wonsik over carefully.

With everything that Wonsik had done, Ken had expected him to look a lot more……evil. What he saw before him wasn’t some evil man who’d destroyed lives so he could bring his dead lover back. No, the man who stood before him was a broken man, a shadow of his former self. Time had taken a lot from Wonsik, leaving him old and weak.

“I was going to visit Sanghyuk,” Wonsik said, “would you like to join me, Jaehwan?”

“Alright,” Ken nodded before following after Wonsik in silence. He felt a flare of indignation at the use of his real name. He hadn’t been called ‘Jaehwan’ in years, not since Wonsik gave him the name ‘Ken.’ a name the older apparently didn’t have the decency to even use now.

The pair didn’t talk at all until they were both standing before Han Sanghyuk’s grave.

“Hey, Sanghyuk,” Wonsik smiled sadly, sitting before the headstone, “I’ve missed you. Have you missed me? The doctor was refusing to let me leave the hospital. The way he acted, you’d think I was going to drop dead the second I set foot outside.” Ken watched as Wonsik ran a hand over the stone, soft and gentle like he was caressing his lover’s face, “I’ll be joining you soon, Sanghyuk. Wait for me, alright? And try not to be too mad at me for what I’ve done.”

“He’ll forgive you,” Ken found himself saying, “If he’s anything like Hyuk, he’ll forgive you the second he sees you.”

“He will,” Wonsik nodded, “but he’ll still spend a few days pretending that he’s still mad. He’ll make me work for the words.”

Ken nodded and took another look at the man he hated so much it had started to consume his life. Wonsik really didn’t look like an evil man, just a broken one. Ken, despite himself, could sympathize. He hadn’t exactly taken the loss of Hyuk very well and Hyuk had only been stolen, not killed like Sanghyuk had been. Ken really couldn’t blame Wonsik for becoming obsessed with the idea of bringing his lover back.

“Jaehwan,” Wonsik said, “can I give you some advice?”

“Yes, sir,” Ken nodded.

“Don’t let the past consume you,” Wonsik said, getting up and turning to face the younger man, “let the past be exactly that. The past. Live for the present, for the future. But let the past rest.”

Ken opened his mouth, but nothing came out. He knew that the old man was right. He needed to let go and move on. If he didn’t move on with his life, he’d end up exactly like Wonsik and he didn’t want to be like him. And yet, he just couldn’t let Hyuk go.

“Sir,” Ken bit his bottom lip before continuing, “Doesn’t Hyuk deserve the same chance?”

“He does,” Wonsik nodded, “and it’s his if he wants it.”

“Can I have him then?” Ken asked.

“Jaehwan,” Wonsik frowned slightly, “what makes you think that I have him? If I did, don’t you think I would still be using him to bring Sanghyuk back to me?”

“But someone took him,” Ken frowned, feeling frustrated and scared and angry, “if not by you, then who?”

“Jaehwan,” Wonsik sighed, “I can’t give you an answer for that. But I do wish you luck in finding him.”

“Thank you, sir,” Ken nodded before starting to walk away.

“Jaehwan,” Wonsik called, “when you find him, would you give him a message?”

“Yes, sir,” Ken said, turning around to look at the man he found he no longer hated.

“I’m sorry,” Wonsik said, “for everything.”

“I’ll tell him, sir,” Ken said, “but sir, I don’t think I need to. He never hated you, not even a little. He was always more worried about trying to save you from yourself.”

“I figured,” Wonsik laughed a small, bitter laugh, “I guess we’re all a little obsessed, huh?”

“Yes, sir,” Ken nodded, “we are.”

With that, Ken headed off and left Wonsik alone in the graveyard. He had a new task to complete and he wouldn’t allow himself to fail. He would become as obsessed with finding Hyuk as he was with finding and killing Wonsik.

A/N: I’m actually rather happy with this one. Hope you guys like it, too. HyuKen/Rahyuk Red vs Blue AU, part 5.