Theme 048

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge

Just a heads up, there are 2 little drabbles for this theme ‘cuz I couldn’t pick between the two ideas I had for this theme.

Title: Childhood
Pairing: none
Related Chapter: 41, 50, 54, 60, 69, 78, 87, 96, 103, 114,
Word Count: 655

                     

Hyuk sat on the ground in his wolf form. He was so young, only five years old, and yet he’d already witnessed so much pain and suffering. He’d seen most of his pack killed by hunters, his father dying right before his eyes as he hid in a hollow tree with his older sibling. That older sibling had died a few days before after getting her foot stuck in a trap. She’d chewed off her own foot to get free, but the blood loss had left her too weak to escape the hunter that came.

Now, Hyuk was alone. He was too young to hunt and berries couldn’t give him all the nutrients he needed in order to stay healthy and alive. For a werewolf so young, it was both amazing and sad that he knew exactly what kind of fate was in store for him.

With a sad sigh, he got up and started walking. He remembered seeing a human building not far from where he had slept the night before and that the scent of human was very fresh. If the humans had recently been there, that meant that there might be leftover food in their garbage cans. Even though he knew the chances of getting caught were high, he had to risk it. If he didn’t, he’d die.

Carefully, Hyuk made his way through the clearing surrounding the building. Every couple of steps, he sniffed the air. The scent of human was so fresh that he was willing to bet that the humans were just inside the house. A part of him wanted to just turn back, but another part – the hungry part – wanted food so badly that it didn’t care about the risk. The hungry part was larger so Hyuk kept making his way over to the garbage cans.

“What’s this?” Hyuk heard a human say only moments after he’d started looking through the trash can, “Hey, Yong Guk! Come see this.”

“What’s going on?” asked another human, making his way over to the first just in time to see Hyuk struggling to get out of the trash can so that he could run away.

The second human rushed over and Hyuk froze in fear. Carefully, the second human – Yong Guk was it? – lifted Hyuk out of the trash and held him up. Yong Guk looked Hyuk over carefully, frowning deeply when he realized how young and thin the pup was

“What are you going to do?” the first human asked.

“I think he’s an orphan,” Yong Guk explained, holding Hyuk close to his chest and turning to go inside, “he needs to eat.”

“So we feed him,” the first human said, “then what?”

“He’s too young to be on his own,” Yong Guk replied, “and I don’t know about any wild animal rescue places around here.”

“We can look after him!” the first man suggested, looking rather proud of himself for thinking of such an idea.

“We’ll have to,” Yong Guk nodded, “we can’t let him die.”

Silently, Hyuk listened to the two humans talk. They didn’t seem like bad humans and they were talking about feeding him and taking care of him. The only down side was that they thought he was a wolf pup. If they knew what he really was……they probably wouldn’t be so helpful.

The humans took him inside the building and Hyuk was greeted to the sight of four young children. The children were quick to show interest in him and soon he was playing with them. For the first time in a while him, he felt happy. By the time he fell asleep on Yong Guk’s bed, he felt happier and fuller then he had in what felt like forever. Smiling slightly, he decided that he’d pretend to be a real wolf for these humans. It sounded selfish, but he didn’t want to lose the feeling of happy he got from being around them

A/N: so, a prologue to theme 41. Explaining how Hyuk came to be a rouge (a packless werewolf). And: B.A.P cameo!! Now, onto the second little drabble I put together for this theme

 


Title: Childhood
Pairing: Rahyuk
Related Chapter: 42, 55, 64, 76, 84, 91, 100, 113, 123, 137, 152, 157, 160, 168, 180, 198
Word Count: 1106

                     

Hyuk stood on the street corner as the rain poured. He was so cold that he wasn’t sure he could feel anything anymore. However, he wasn’t sure if the cold came from the rain or from inside. That, he decided, was the big question. Well, not just big. More like that was the life or death question. He wasn’t sure what he wanted the answer to be.

Everything in his life. Everything had for a long time, actually. It was just that now things had gotten worse. He’d grown up in a foster home, his mother having died in childbirth and his father hating him for that so much that he’d given him away. Hyuk could still remember his father’s exact words as he told the judge that he didn’t want Hyuk. Hyuk was a bit shocked that his father had waited until he was five to give him away, but the old man had probably just been waiting for his only other relative – his grandmother – to die so that there would be no one else to take Hyuk.

Things weren’t great at the home they put him in either. The other children seemed to love picking on him and beating him up. In three years, he’d been to the emergency room seven times for some reason or another. All the fault of those other kids. In time, he was placed in another home, but things weren’t much better there. This time, it was the kids at school who made his life hell. Eventually, they posted the video of a group of them beating him up on the internet and the cops got involved. People were arrested, others were expelled, and Hyuk had to face the social backlash from the others kids at school who decided to blame him.

He requested a transfer to a new foster home and a year later he got it. Now fifteen, Hyuk was at another school and the only people who befriended him were the kids rumored to be in a gang. He’d been so desperate to find a friend that he’d ignored the rumors. Stupid move. The kids really were part of a gang and Hyuk soon found himself in too deep to get out. Thanks to his stupid decision to get involved with those kids in the first place, he ended up in a juvenile detention center. Things got really bad then. A whole year spent in that place was almost too much for Hyuk to handle.

When he got out, he was sent to another home. This time, there were no bullies or gangs. However, no one tried to befriend him either and Hyuk was left completely alone. Ignored by just about everyone, he turned eighteen and was told that he was being kicked out of the foster home. As the official who talked to him said, he was a legal adult now and thus not their problem. They handed him some cash, telling him that it should be enough to keep him fed and indoors until he found work, and asked him to pack his stuff and go.

Now here he was, five months later. No one would hire him because of his criminal record. His money had run out and he was sleeping in alleys and on park benches. He really was the up his father thought he was.

Suddenly, someone tapped his shoulder.

“Yes?” Hyuk said after turning to face the guy who tapped his shoulder.

“You shouldn’t stand out here in the rain,” the guy said, “you’ll catch cold.”

“Oh,” Hyuk nodded, “ok.” They both fell silent. Hyuk waited for the guy to leave, but he didn’t and that confused him. Normally, no one cared about him so what was up with this stranger?

“Come on,” the guy sighed, apparently deciding to break the silence himself, “I’ll pay for a coffee or something. My shift is over anyway.”

The guy took Hyuk’s hand and led him into the nearby coffee shop. Hyuk stared at their joined hands, still not understanding what the stranger wanted from him.

Once inside, the guy told him to sit and Hyuk did as told. The place he sat was by the fire place and almost instantly he felt warmer. A few minutes later, an attractive young man handed him a mug. Hyuk nodded in thanks and put the mug down on the table in front of him. The attractive guy looked a little confused as to why Hyuk wasn’t drinking whatever was in the mug, but he soon left. Now alone Hyuk sat in silence, waiting for the guy who’d pulled him inside to return. Maybe he could explain why he was paying Hyuk so much attention.

 “You don’t have to help me,” Hyuk said once the guy took the seat across from him.

“I know,” the guy nodded, “I wanted to.” His answer……it annoyed Hyuk for some reason.

“No one wants to help people like me,” Hyuk scoffed.

 “What’s your name?” the guy asked, changing the topic.

“Hyuk,” he replied after a moment of consideration. Telling this guy his name couldn’t do too much damage. Nothing that hadn’t already been done, anyway.

“And where do you live?” the guy asked, but his tone betrayed the fact that he already knew the answer.

“Nowhere,” Hyuk replied, locking eyes with the guy, “still want to help me out?” he wanted to challenge this guy, push him into admitting that either he didn’t really care or that he had some ulterior motive for helping Hyuk out.

“Yes,” the guy nodded, surprising Hyuk a little, “I still want to help.” Well, more than a little.

“You can’t,” Hyuk finally said, glaring at the table, “not unless you can crap out apartments.”

“I can’t crap out places to live,” the guy shrugged, “but my roommate just moved out and I have an empty room.”

Hyuk honestly wasn’t sure what to do. On one hand, he needed a place to stay. It was getting colder each day and soon it would be winter. He had no doubts that winter on the streets would kill him. on the other, this guy was a stranger who could secretly have a bunch of human body parts in his freezer. Or, he could be planning to use Hyuk for his body. The need for shelter won out in the end, but Hyuk worried that he’d come to regret that decision.

“Fine,” Hyuk finally said, looking a bit unsure even as he tried to hide behind a mask of indifference, “if you’re offering, I’ll take it.”

“Good,” the guy smiled, “I’m Ravi by the way.”

A/N: Hyuk’s side to theme 42. There will be more to this in future themes, trust me.