Theme 270

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Dearest
Pairing: Chasang
Related Chapter: none
Word Count: 540

                     

Sanghyuk hated nicknames. He had a name, the one that his parents had given him when he was born, and people should use it.

This was something his friends all knew. Very well in fact. Yet sometimes the nickname ‘Hyuk’ slipped out and they earned themselves a dark glare. Other times the nickname was said as a way of teasing Sanghyuk and that was when he let things slide. They were trying to get him pissed off, why give them the satisfaction of achieving their goal?

And then along came Hakyeon.

The other had been introduced to Sanghyuk’s group of friends through Jaehwan shortly after Hakyeon had moved to town. It wasn’t odd for Jaehwan to drag someone knew to their normal hang out spots since he was a super friendly person by nature. That was how Sanghyuk had met everyone he called a friend; Jaehwan.

What made Hakyeon’s introduction to the group so different was that Sanghyuk didn’t correct him about not calling him by a nickname. It had shocked his friend, that was for sure, but it had also shocked Sanghyuk who had no idea why he had let a total stranger call him ‘Hyuk.’

The name just......sounded nice coming from Hakyeon’s lips.

It got him endless teasing once Hongbin, Wonsik, and Jaehwan had recovered from their shock, but Sanghyuk just glared at them and they shut up. Sanghyuk had learned his glaring skills from his buddy Taekwoon and the older was proud to say that Sanghyuk’s glare was more terrifying then his own.

Anyway, Hakyeon kept hanging out with their group, joining the five to make it a group of six, and he kept calling Sanghyuk by a nickname. Never once did Sanghyuk even think of correcting Hakyeon, even when Hakyeon had decided on an especially weird nickname to call him for the day. In fact, it actually felt like of nice to hear what nickname Hakyeon had spent time coming up with.

Over the years, the group graduated high school, moving on but still keeping in touch. Hakyeon never once stopped with the nicknames, calling up Sanghyuk at least once a day with whatever weird or crazy name he’d come up with. It always brought a smile to Sanghyuk’s face, something he was grateful for when school got stressful or he felt alone in the world.

And then something happened.

Sanghyuk had graduated university, as had the others, and got a job. As luck would have it, Hakyeon had gotten a job at the same location. Every day, the pair got to see each other, got to grow closer then they had ever been before.

Sanghyuk often wondered why on earth it had taken him so long to ask Hakyeon out. He had yet to come up with an answer, but Hakyeon figured that it didn’t matter. They were together now, so who cared if it had taken one month or one year?

Their relationship wasn’t the only thing that had changed, however.

Hakyeon had stopped thinking of new nicknames to call Sanghyuk, instead sticking to just one.

One that Sanghyuk rather loved hearing whenever he arrived home to find Hakyeon waiting for him or when Hakyeon came back after a long day at work.

Dearest.

A/N: so originally I wasn’t sure what to do with this theme. Then, at about 10pm the night before I had to post this, I got the idea to do this. Haha don’t cha think that N fits this theme pretty well (I can see both him and Ken running around calling everyone by a weird nickname, making up a new one ach day just to change things up).