Theme 164

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: WhYYYY
Pairing: Chasang, broken HyuKen
Related Chapter: none
Word Count: 895

                    

“Why?” Hyuk sobbed into N’s shoulder, “why did he just…..just…….suddenly stop loving me?”

“I don’t know,” N sighed, hugging the younger tighter, “I don’t know how anyone could just stop loving you.”

“He…..he,” Hyuk’s heart broke even more at the realization, “he never really loved me, did he?”

“No,” N tried to cut off that train of thought, “no, Ken loved you. He loved you so much. He just……..something must have happened.”

“He got what he wanted,” Hyuk sobbed, “he didn’t need me anymore.”

“Oh, Hyukkie,” N tightened his hold on the other even more, “please stop crying. It kills me to see you like this.”

“I wanna hate him,” Hyuk whimpered, “I want to hate him for making me feel like this. But…….but I still love him.”

“Everything will be better,” N assured him, “one day, it’s not going to hurt anymore. You’ll find someone else, someone who loves you even more than Ken did. Someone who will never let you go, no matter what.”

Hyuk started to cry again and N just held him, wishing he could take his pain away. He had no idea why Ken would leave. He really thought that the other loved Hyuk, that he could make Hyuk happier than anyone else could. That was why he’d backed off, let Ken have Hyuk without a fight. If he’d known that this was how it would turn out, N would have fought tooth and nail to win Hyuk’s heart for himself.

But all wasn’t lost. Hyuk was here, in his arms. He could fix this, he could fix Hyuk. He could make the younger happier than Ken ever had. Sure, he might not be some rich CEO’s son like Ken, but since when did something as stupid as money matter to love? N could do this. He would win Hyuk’s heart and the other would never cry again.

Six years later……

Ken smiled sadly as he watched the happy couple walking down the street together a few short paces ahead of him. He was happy that Hyuk had moved on, that he’d found someone who loved him too much to let him go. Ken knew he’d been a fool to let someone like Hyuk slip through his fingers, but at the time he’d been too weak to resist his parents forcing him to marry another. Instead of fighting for the one he’d loved, he’d left Hyuk with nothing more than a text message telling him that they were over and that he no longer loved him.

It was so very wrong of him to do that, he wouldn’t deny that, but he’d made his bed and had to lie in it.

“Hyuk,” N said, “run ahead, alright? I need to make a call.”

“Alright,” Hyuk smiled, “don’t take too long, though.”

“Never,” N grinned, pressing a quick kiss to Hyuk’s lips, “I’d never keep you waiting.”

Once Hyuk was gone, N turned to Ken.

“Been a while,” N nodded in greeting, the hate in his eyes clear as day, “I should punch you for daring to show your face around Hyuk.”

“Is he happy?” Ken asked, “That’s all I want to know, then I’ll go.”

“What do you care?” N hissed, “You left him, shattered his heart. You broke him. I find it hard to believe that you suddenly care about his happiness.”

“I messed up,” Ken sighed, “I know that. And I’m not here to try and make up for it, I know I could never do that. I just……..I want to know that he’s ok now. That he’s happy.”

“He’s happy,” N said, “happier than he ever was with you. Now get out of here.”

“Alright,” Ken nodded before turning to go.

“Ken,” N called before the other got too far, sounding very unsure of what he was about to do.

“Yeah?” Ken said, turning slightly so he could see N’s face.

“Why did you leave him?” N asked, unsure if he really wanted to hear the answer directly from Ken.

He kind of guessed what had happened, he’d read the papers that talked about how Ken had married some rich man’s daughter. He figured out pretty quickly that the marriage had been forced upon the man before him. Why did he need to hear it? Maybe he should have asked why Ken was here now. Actually, that was a pretty good question because Ken had been gone for so long. You don’t stay gone for six years and then turn up without a reason.

“Does it matter?” Ken asked, “He’s yours now. He loves you, I can tell. Even more then he loved me. So go join him already and stop wasting your time talking to me.”

With that, Ken walked away and N was left alone. N shrugged to himself before walking away to join his lover. As he walked, N passed a news stand. The headline of one paper caught his attention and he stopped. N glanced back, trying to find Ken in the crowd. Looking back at the paper, N kind of regretted being so harsh with Ken. The very thing he’d left Hyuk for had crumbled to pieces; his wife was a cheater and his company was bankrupt thanks to her foolish family.

 “At least Hyuk is happy,” Ken muttered to himself, smiling sadly, “so long as he’s smiling, it’s not so bad.”

A/N: you all hate me, don’t you? *hides* at least I gave you Chasang, right? That’s something.