Theme 161

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Bugs
Pairing: Luck/HyuKen
Related Chapter: 95, 102, 108, 116, 126, 135, 146, 153, 170, 187, 208, 227,
Word Count: 658

                     

Sanghyuk had always hated scarab beetles. Heck, the dang things just looked so creepy and they always seemed to be everywhere at once. His master had used them as spies, made them gather everyone’s secrets and bring them to her. She’d used those secrets to control a lot of people and Sanghyuk had been to blindly loyal to her to question it. That didn’t mean he didn’t still find the little bugs creepy.

And now they were all he could see.

“Calm down,” Hakyeon said, trying to retrain the thrashing Anubis alongside Wonsik, “Sanghyuk, it’s not real. Focus on my voice, alright?”

“It’s not working,” Wonsik growled, trying not to let his temper get the best of him. the last thing Sanghyuk needed was burns adding to his list of problems.

“He needs a mate,” Hakyeon sighed, “otherwise…..i don’t think he’ll survive this……this loss of magic.”

“Jaehwan,” Wonsik said, silently praying that Sanghyuk wasn’t going to hate them for this, “would you…….”

“Yes,” Jaehwan nodded, trying desperately not to cry and panic over Sanghyuk’s condition.

“Not gonna work,” Hongbin sighed sadly from his seat by the window.

“What?” Hakyeon questioned, “How do you know?”

“An Anubis can only mate with one soul in their whole life,” Hongbin explained, “any more and they experience pain. Any less……..I’d assume it wouldn’t work. It would probably cause Sanghyuk more pain.”

“Wait,” Jaehwan frowned, “are you saying I’m less than one soul?”

“Yes,” Hongbin nodded, “that’s exactly what I’m saying. You are one half of a soul and Taekwoon is the other half.”

“I’m confused,” Wonsik admitted, “so you’re saying that Sanghyuk could never take Jaehwan as his mate because he shares a soul?”

“I thought that was exactly what I just said,” Hongbin tried to smile.

“So what can we do?” Hakyeon asked, “Does this mean Jaehwan can’t be Sanghyuk’s mate?”

“Not without Taekwoon also becoming Sanghyuk’s mate,” Hongbin explained, “and that can only happen if Taekwoon wants to become Sanghyuk’s mate as well.”

“Taekwoon,” Jaehwan turned to his twin, “do…….do you want to be Sanghyuk’s mate too?”

Taekwoon averted his gaze, looking down in shame. How could he tell his brother that he’d fallen in love with Sanghyuk? How could he tell Jaehwan that they loved the same man, a man Taekwoon had only met because Jaehwan wanted him to help in getting him and Sanghyuk together?

Jaehwan regarded his brother with a blank look for a long moment. Then, a small smile formed on his face. He really couldn’t blame his brother for loving Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk was a hard person not to love. And he was exactly Taekwoon’s type, so he really wasn’t all that surprised when he really thought about it.

“It wouldn’t be too bad,” Jaehwan finally said, “sharing Sanghyuk with you. As long as he loves the both of us……..I’m fine with it if you are.”

“I,” Taekwoon looked surprised before a small smile formed on his face to match his brother’s smile, “I’m alright with it if you are, too.”

“I might be able to give him a few minutes of sanity,” Hakyeon announced, “I have some blood infused with magic in my room that we can give him. Hongbin, can you go and get it.”

“Couldn’t you have done this before?” Wonsik asked.

“No,” Hakyeon sighed, “I only have enough magic infused blood for one use. So,” he turned to the brothers, “make it count, alright?”

“Is he going to hate us for this?” Taekwoon asked, taking his brother’s hand and making his way closer to the bed, “we aren’t exactly the kind of mate he wanted to find.”

“Don’t worry,” Hakyeon assured them, “I’ll make everything alright. I’ll make sure that he isn’t going to lose either of you to old age and that you aren’t going to lose him any time soon.”

Sanghyuk whimpered, the bugs still filling his senses so much so that he had no idea what was going on.

A/N: well, I hope you all are going to be happy with Hyukkie getting both Ken and Leo. Somehow, I don’t think he’s going to be too upset with everyone when he comes around. In fact, with all the pain and bug vision and what not, I think Hyukkie is going to be pretty darn willing to take the boys as his mates. was kind of scared i wouldn't get to post this. my computer has been giging me some problems the past couple of days, but *shrug* seems to be working out alright for the moment