Theme 149

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Fiesta
Pairing: Chasang, broken Luck
Related Chapter: none
Word Count: 3113

                     

“Hyukkie,” N called, rushing to hug the younger, “are you excited?”

“Not really,” the younger replied, looking around at all the decorations.

“Oh come on,” N sighed, “what’s not to love? All the bright lights, the festive atmosphere. This is going to be so much fun.”

“Hyung,” Hyuk sighed, “I’m not really in the mood for any of this.”

“Why not?” N frowned, “you only get to go to earth once a year, how can you not be excited about being here?”

“I’m just not,” Hyuk shrugged, “I’d rather be back home with the others.”

“Well,” N huffed, “I’d rather be here with Ravi or Ken. Heck, I bet even Hongbin would be much better company then you.”

“Then you should have asked them to come,” Hyuk shrugged, pulling away from N, “I’m going back home. Have fun with the humans, N.”

N watched Hyuk go with a small frown. He just…..he didn’t get it. Hyuk normally enjoyed their once a year trip to visit the human. He enjoyed taking part in all the celebrations held on the day of love. He was, after all, the god of love. But this year……this year Hyuk didn’t seem to care and that worried the god of dance. Clearly, something was wrong but he had no idea what that something was.

“Hey,” N smiled in greeting to Ken, the god of laugher, Hongbin, the god of wisdom, and Ravi, the god of music, upon returning home to the palace of the gods.

“Where’s Hyuk?” Ken asked, looking around for the blond haired god, “didn’t he come back with you?”

“He actually came back before me,” N frowned, recalling Hyuk’s earlier disinterest, “I think……I think something’s wrong with him.”

“He has been kind of off the past few weeks,” Ravi noted, “I thought it was just excitement for today.”

“Well he wasn’t excited while we were there,” N pouted, “he only stayed for a few minutes before leaving.”

“Seriously?” Ken gasped, clearly shocked, “but Hyuk always enjoys going to earth and seeing the humans. It’s something he looks forward to. Why would he waste his one chance to go to earth for a whole year?”

Unlike most gods, Hyuk had been ordered by the king of the gods to only set foot on earth once a year. No one knew the reason why, but if the king of the gods ordered it then he must have a good reason. Besides, Hyuk had in cherubs to help him with his work, so it wasn’t like the ban impeded his ability to carry out his duties.

“I wish I knew what was wrong,” N sighed, “I’m worried about him.”

“He’ll be fine in time,” Hongbin smiled brightly, hoping to make the other feel at least a little better, “its Hyuk after all. One of his perfect couples probably didn’t work out and he’s just sulking.”

“You’re right!” Ken nodded, “remember the last time that happened? He spent weeks doing everything he could to get them together only to have one of them fall in love with another.”

“Yeah,” N laughed, recalling the foul mood Hyuk had been in until he set his sights on another couple to bring together.

“I’ll go check on him,” Ravi excused himself, “I think I might have a way to cheer him up.”

“Found a couple he can focus his attention on?” Ken giggled and Ravi nodded.

Hongbin excused himself shortly after, claiming he had work to do himself. Instead he found Ravi and the pair stood outside the door of Hyuk’s room. they could hear things smashing from inside and knew that Hyuk was far from alright and would be for a long time to come.

“He didn’t come straight back,” Hongbin said, trying to keep his voice low for fear of Hyuk overhearing.

“I know,” Ravi nodded, “he went to visit him.”

“Poor Hyuk,” Hongbin sighed.

“Their love was doomed from the start,” Ravi pointed out, “a god and a human……it never could have been.”

“I know,” Hongbin nodded, “but I still wished.”

“I wished the same,” Wonsik sigh sadly, “but…..there are some things we can’t get no matter how much we want them.”

“He’s never going to be the same,” Hongbin sighed, “and how could he be? He’s the god of love and yet he just lost the one he loves forever.”

“We just need to hope,” Ravi said after a long pause, “that’s all we can do. hope his heart recovers and he moves on.”

N hummed to himself as he made his way down the long hall to his office. Shortly after returning home from his visit to earth with Hyuk, he’d had to return to earth in order to attend to several different matters. It seemed like everyone needed the god of dance’s direct attention for something. after two months away from his home, N was fianlyl back and looking forewords to seeing everyone. Maybe Hyuk was in a better mood now and they could go on a nice walk through the gardens

“N!” Ken called as the god of dance walked past his office.

“Hey,” N smiled, “what’s up?”

“Have you seen Hyuk recently?” Ken asked, frowning.

“No,” N said, “I only just got home a few minutes ago. Why do you ask?”

“He hasn’t been doing his job like he normally does,” Ken explained with a sigh, “I mean, he’d still doing his job, but just enough so that the king doesn’t come knocking on his door demanding answers. And apparently he hasn’t left his room in a couple of months.”

“What?” N gasped, wondering how on earth he hadn’t noticed, “wait, how do you know this?”

“I’m friends with a few of his cherubs,” Ken explained, “they were telling me that the head cherub goes to Hyuk’s room at the start of the week and gets a week’s worth of work. Other than that, they haven’t seen or heard from him since he went to earth.”

“I,” N honestly didn’t know what to say.

“Did something happen while he was on earth with you?” Ken asked, “I know you said he left as soon as he got there, but do you think he…..he saw something that upset him?”

“No,” N frowned, “I don’t think so anyway.”

“Maybe you can ask Hongbin,” Ken decided, “not only is him the god of wisdom, but he’s Hyukkie’s brother. If anyone knows what’s wrong, it would be him.”

“Right,” N nodded before rushing off to find Hongbin.

He found the god of wisdom in the place gardens, drinking his tea and relaxing.

“Hey,” Hongbin smiled, “what brings you here?”

“You already know, don’t you,” N tried to laugh, “Why do you always ask that?”

“it’s better than immediately answering your question,” Hongbin shrugged, “and I can’t tell you what’s wrong with him.”

“What?” N cried, “why not?”

“Brother code,” Hongbin shrugged again, “I promised not to tell anyone, so I’m not going to.”

“But he’s not doing his work,” N argued, “not like he normally does anyway. If he keeps going, the king will find out and then he’ll be in trouble.”

“He’s not going to be in trouble,” Hongbin replied, “and father already knows. He made Hyuk promise to at least do the minimum of work. If Hyuk doesn’t, then he’ll push for answers.”

“Did something happen?” N asked, still pushing for answers, “when he went to earth I mean. Did he go straight home? Or……or did he see something that upset him before he decided to leave?”

“N,” Hongbin sighed sadly, “Everything will be alright. Hyuk will be fine. He just…..he needs time to grieve.”

“Grieve?” N questioned, “Grieve for who?”

“Don’t worry, alright?” Hongbin said, getting up, “everything will be fine. But if anything goes wrong, if things aren’t fine anymore, I’ll tell you.”

N watched Hongbin go silently before heading off to visit Hyuk. Maybe that would give him more answers.

“Here,” Hyuk handed his head cherub a rose, “just drop this off and then take some time off.”

“Are you sure?” the cherub asked, “I could clean up a little. I noticed some weeds starting to encroach  the last time I was there.”

“If you want,” Hyuk replied, “thank you for this.”

“Of corse, sir,” the cherub bowed, “I know you would go do this if you could. Since you can’t, doing it for you is the least I can do.”

“Thanks,” Hyuk nodded before moving back to his bed, “you can go.”

N pressed himself against the wall, hoping that the head cherub wouldn’t spot him. luck was on his side because the cherub just headed off down the hall never noticing that N was there. glancing once at Hyuk’s door, N took off after the cherub. If anyone could lead him to the reason behind Hyuk’s recent change in personality, it would be his head cherub. N just had to make sure he wasn’t caught.

Following the cherub lead N to a grave yard on earth. N watched silently as the cherub laid the rose on the grave before setting to work cleaning up any and all weeds around the grave and tombstone. N watched, trying to figure out why this grave was so special that Hyuk would send his head cherub out to clean it. and N suspected that this wasn’t the first time that the cherub had come here under Hyuk’s orders, meaning that the person had to be very special.

“It’s a shame, Taekwoon,” the cherub sighed sadly, “that you passed away. My lord Hyuk misses you terribly. I fear that he might do something drastic if his mood keeps darkening the way it has been since you died.”

“Who is he?” N suddenly stood up, making his way over to the surprised cherub.

“Lord N,” the cherub bowed slightly, “what are you doing here?”

“Hyuk’s been upset, so I wanted to find out why,” N said, “so who is he? This Taekwoon person?”

“He,” the cherub hesitated slightly, knowing very well how much the answer was going to hurt N, “he was my lord’s lover.”

“No,” N froze, “Hyuk…..Hyuk took a human lover?”

“Yes,” the cherub nodded, “they fell in love, but unfortunately Taekwoon fell ill. He passed away just before my lord was allowed to come to earth.”

“How?” N asked, falling to his knees in shock, “how could a human have captured his heart? When he only got to come to earth once a year?”

“I don’t know myself,” the cherub sighed, “but…….my lord fell in love all the same. And now…….now he’s broken.” The cherub turned around to find that N was gone.

“Hyuk!” N yelled, rushing into the god of love’s bedroom.

“What do you want?” Hyuk growled, glaring darkly at the other.

“Hyuk,” N wasn’t sure what to say, not when he saw how broken Hyuk looked.

“You know,” Hyuk sighed, glare softening as he dropped back onto his bed, “you know about Taekwoon.”

“Yeah,” N nodded sadly, moving to sit down on the bed beside Hyuk, “I’m so sorry, Hyuk.”

“This is why father always wants me to stay here,” Hyuk said, “because he’s always been so afraid of me falling in love with a human. He knew that it would only hurt in the end.”

“How did you meet him?” N couldn’t help but ask.

“Five years ago,” Hyuk sighed, “Ravi had gotten distracted, so I was wandering around alone. Taekwoon bumped into me and……he knew instantly who I was, what I was. He’d been in the field we landed in, so he’d seen everything. He had millions of questions for me, all about what I did and what this place was like.”

“And you told him.”

“I just…..couldn’t help it,” Hyuk gave N a sad smile, “something about him….it drew me to him like no other could before. Before I knew it, I had my head cherub running back and forth, carrying messages and gifts. Before I knew it, a year had passed and I could go back to earth. Ravi came with me and I tried to ditch him, but he ended up finding me with Taekwoon.”

“So Ravi knew,” N scowled slightly, unable to believe his own brother had failed to mention anything. Ravi always said that he was N’s brother since they were both born from the goddess of celebration Thus, he made N swear that they would always tell each other everything. Apparently, that oath ended when it came to Ravi telling N that the one he loved had fallen for another.

“I made him swear not to tell anyone,” Hyuk told N, “I made him give a blood oath to not breath a word to anyone. So don’t be mad that he never told you.”

“What happened after Ravi found out?” N asked after a moment.

“He helped me out delivering messages and gifts to Taekwoon,” Hyuk said, “thanks to his powers, I could actually hear Taekwoon’s voice and he could hear mine. By the time I could return to earth again……..I told him that I loved him and he replied.”

“So,” N smiled sadly, “you really loved him, huh? To go through all the trouble of only getting to see him in person once a year…..”

“I was going to ask father to turn him into a god,” Hyuk sighed, “or a demigod or just…….just something so we could be together. And then suddenly……he was dead. My head cherub found out at his funeral that he’d been sick for months, he was just hiding it so I wouldn’t worry.”

“I’m sorry, Hyuk,” N leaned over to hug the god of love.

“I miss him so much,” Hyuk suddenly started to cry, hugging N tightly, “I loved him so much, how could he not tell me he was sick? I could have gotten help. I’m a god for crying out loud. I could have saved him.”

“Hyuk,” N just held on tighter, “it will get better, I promise. I’ll help you through this, I promise you.”

“Hyukkie,” N smiled opening the door of the other’s office, “how are you? Are you excited? You get to go to earth today.”

“I’m fine,” Hyuk nodded in greeting, “and I guess.”

“Let’s go,” N smiled, holding out his hand for Hyuk to take, “we can start off the day helping set up the food, then we can look around. After that we can eat and drink and dance to our heart’s content. And then home.”

“Alright,” Hyuk said, taking N’s hand only to let go once they arrived at the portal that would take them to earth.

N scowled as he looked around for Hyuk. The day had been going fine until some random girl had asked him to dance. Hyuk had pushed him towards the girl, silently urging him to dance with her. N had gone along with it, but when he returned he found that Hyuk was missing. He’d looked all over for the other, thinking at first that Hyuk was just enjoying the party like he’d done before Taekwoon. But since N didn’t find him anywhere……

There could be only once place where Hyuk would have gone.

“Hyuk,” N said, heart breaking when he found Hyuk sitting before Taekwoon’s grave.

N felt horrible that Hyuk was hurting. He’d loved Taekwoon so much and yet he’d lost him. But N also felt a lot of anger and hate for Taekwoon. How could a simple human of captured Hyuk’s heart? N had tried for ages to win Hyuk’s love, but this human…….it just wasn’t fair. And how could Taekwoon of not told Hyuk he was sick? What? Did he think Hyuk would leave him because he was going to die? Stupid, foolish human. Hyuk’s pain was all Taekwoon’s fault.

“Oh,” Hyuk looked up to find N making his way over, “N.”

“I looked for you,” N said, “I couldn’t find you anywhere.”

“Right,” Hyuk sighed sadly, “I’m sorry. I just…….everyone was having so much fun and there were so many couples and I just……”

“You had to leave,” N nodded, sitting down beside the other god, “I get it.”

“Sorry,” Hyuk replied, trying to wipe the tears running down his cheeks.

“Do you want to go home?” N asked, “We can go right now if you want.”

“Father said I need to get over it,” Hyuk admitted, “he forced Hongbin to tell him everything and he came into my office enraged. He said that humans die, that I was a fool for falling for one.”

“You aren’t a fool,” N sighed, “everyone falls in love, even us gods. We…..we can’t pick who we love, we just…….fall in love.”

“He has a point, though,” Hyuk said, looking up at the sky as if trying to find the kingdom of the gods just sitting there, “I need to start moving on. I can’t just keep living in the past, in what could have been.”

“I’m here to help,” N offered, “if you need me.”

“Thanks,” Hyuk gave N a faint smile, “come on, let’s go back to the party.”

“Hyukkie,” N cheered, throwing his arms around the other’s shoulders, “are you excited?”

“Not as much as you apparently,” Hyuk laughed, wrapping his arms around N’s hips and letting the god of dance kiss him.

“How can you not be excited?” N pouted playfully, pulling away, “not only is it the day humans celebrate love, but it’s our anniversary. A hundred years together is a big deal, Hyukkie.”

“I know,” Hyuk nodded, “and I never said I wasn’t excited, just that you seem more excited. You are bouncing up and down right now, after all.”

N laughed before kissing his husband again. It had taken them more than a hundred and eighteen years to get to the point they were at, but it was worth it. At one point, N had really thought Hyuk would always be in love with Taekwoon and that……he didn’t like to dwell on how much that hurt. What he did like to think about was the day when Hyuk had confessed his feelings for him. They’d just arrived home after another visit to earth when Hyuk proclaimed that he’d fallen in love with N. after that, after the tears from N and the cheers from their friends who’d been there to see the confession, things had been perfect.

“Let’s go,” N smiled, taking Hyuk’s hand, “I can’t wait to see what the humans have thrown together this year to celebrate our anniversary.”

Hyuk just laughed, not bothering to point out that the humans were celebrating the day of love and not the relationship of the god of love.

A/N: wow. This turned out waaaaaay longer then I planned, but I’m happy with it. I think that this is probably my longest theme out of all 149 so far. I hope you all liked it and aren’t too pissed about the whole *ahem* Leo being dead thing.