Theme 124

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Voodoo
Pairing: Luck
Related Chapter: none
Word Count: 1413

                     

“Really?” Sanghyuk sighed, moving to the side so that Taekwoon could enter his apartment, “Again?”

“They made me angry,” Taekwoon shrugged and Sanghyuk rushed to stop him from dropping onto the couch.

“Not again,” Sanghyuk scolded, “or you’re going to pay for my cleaning bill. Blood doesn’t come out easily. Not with this couch.”

“I need you to fix me,” Taekwoon said, removing his shirt so that Sanghyuk could see the full extent of the damage.

“You could have gone to Hakyeon hyung,” Sanghyuk sighed, leading Taekwoon to the bathroom none the less, “or Hongbin hyung. They’re much better at this then me.”

“Hakyeon would freak out more than he would help,” Taekwoon replied, watching as Sanghyuk gathered everything he needed, “and Hongbin would tell him.”

“But I’ll keep my mouth shut?” Sanghyuk sighed, “I should really change that. Maybe then you’ll stop doing…..this.”

Taekwoon didn’t say anything, but he did scowl slightly. Sanghyuk sighed once more before setting to work stitching the older up. He didn’t need worry about the needle causing pain, none of them had felt pain for ages, but he was still careful like he expected Taekwoon to suddenly cry out. The older just watched him work, a faint, almost non-existent smile on his face. This was one of the reasons he always came to Sanghyuk.

Unlike himself or the others, Sanghyuk still had many human qualities. Mostly, his kindness and care for others. The only one who came close was Hakyeon but even he was severely lacking when compared to the youngest living voodoo doll. They all knew it too and went to great lengths to ensure Sanghyuk never changed, didn’t give into the darkness like the rest of them. His innocence had to be protected at all costs and it would be so long as the five still drew breath.

“There,” Sanghyuk smiled, “all done.”

“Thank you,” Taekwoon said, observing the new stitches running along his torso before turning his attention back to Sanghyuk.

“You really need to stop,” Sanghyuk sighed, “soon, I won’t be able to fix you.”

“I can’t stop,” Taekwoon smirked slightly, “you know that.”

“Then change your methods,” Sanghyuk suggested, “start using a doll like the others. You can’t keep using yourself to hurt people.”

“I’ll think about it,” Taekwoon said, but they both realized his words were a lie.

“What happened this time?” Sanghyuk asked, making his way to his bedroom so that he could get Taekwoon some clean cloths.

“They made me angry,” Taekwoon replied, answer earning him an eye roll from the younger.

“They always do,” Sanghyuk laughed, “but I mean it about using a doll, hyung. I don’t want to lose you.”

The pair fell silent as Sanghyuk searched for something that would fit the older. Taekwoon just watched, a warm feeling in his gut at the idea of Sanghyuk missing him. He would never admit it out loud, but he rather liked the idea of being so important in Sanghyuk’s life that the younger would miss him if he was gone. He’d miss Sanghyuk if the younger ever left, too.

“I’ll ask Wonsik tomorrow,” Taekwoon decided, not wanting to make Sanghyuk sad by ending his existence.

“Good,” Sanghyuk grinned brightly, handing over the cloths that he had found, “now get changed. I’m going to go make something to eat, do you want something? Maybe we can watch a movie?”

“I have no plans,” Taekwoon said, smiling slightly.

“I’ll make the food,” Sanghyuk giggled, “and you get the movie ready.”

Sanghyuk left the room and Taekwoon finally allowed a smile to form on his face. The idea of getting to spend time with Sanghyuk always made him smile, always put him in a good mood. Even better when that time was spent with just the two of them, no one else around to interrupt them. That didn’t happen often enough because Sanghyuk was – and always would be – the most beloved member of their little family. Everyone loved him, would die to protect him.

From Hakyeon who always took great care not to show Sanghyuk just how damaged he was, to Jaehwan to made a point of always trying to make Sanghyuk laugh and smile, to Hongbin who always joined Sanghyuk in whatever pranks or jokes the younger thought up, to Wonsik who was always asking Sanghyuk for his opinion on the songs he was writing just so that he could spend time with Sanghyuk. It wasn’t a question of who loved Sanghyuk. More a question of who loved him like Taekwoon did. He hadn’t yet found the answer to that, nor did he think he ever would.

He’d scared them off ages ago the last time someone had shown interest in Sanghyuk. Taekwoon had done more than just scare the man off and the results of his work had apparently scared the others into keeping their mouths shut. There was no way they would voice their feelings for Sanghyuk nor try for his heart so long as Taekwoon was around. Sanghyuk didn’t know of course, but Taekwoon was confident that the others wouldn’t tell him.

“Hyung,” Sanghyuk called, “are you still getting changed?”

“Just finished,” Taekwoon said, quickly changing into the shirt and pants, a faint blush heating his cheeks as he realized that he had zoned out instead of getting dressed like Sanghyuk had asked.

“I hope you don’t mind,” Sanghyuk said, “but I picked out a movie since you were taking so long.”

“It’s fine,” Taekwoon assured him, taking a seat on the couch. He patted the space beside him and Sanghyuk wasted no time in dropping into the spot.

The pair watched the movie together, the younger making the odd comment that earned small giggles from the elder. By the end of the movie, Sanghyuk shifted to rest his head on Taekwoon’s shoulder, smiling slightly at the peaceful silence that fell over them.

“What did they do?” Sanghyuk asked suddenly.

“I told you,” Taekwoon replied, “They made me angry.”

“I’ll keep asking until you tell me exactly what they did,” Sanghyuk shrugged, “even if it takes years.”

“No, you won’t,” Taekwoon said, “you’ll give up.”

“Not before you tell me the truth,” Sanghyuk sighed, sitting up much to Taekwoon’s displeasure.

“They said things about you,” Taekwoon finally admitted after a long moment of silence, “the other night went Hakyeon dragged all of us to that bar. They kept commenting about all the things they would do to you.”

“You didn’t need to kill them because of that,” Sanghyuk told him, running a comforting hand along Taekwoon’s arm before taking hold of his hand, “it’s just words.”

“Two of them were outside of your building tonight,” Taekwoon continued, “they were waiting for another. They followed us the night before, but didn’t do anything because Wonsik and Hongbin stayed the night.”

“Oh,” Sanghyuk blinked, clearly shocked by what Taekwoon had told him. His grip on Taekwoon’s hand tightened slightly and the older squeezed back in hopes of making Sanghyuk feel better.

“I killed them,” Taekwoon assured him, “and their friend when he showed up. I will never let people like that near you.”

“Thank you,” Sanghyuk smiled, moving to curl up against Taekwoon again.

“I mean it,” Taekwoon whispered, almost too quiet for Sanghyuk to hear, “I will never let you get hurt. Even at the risk of hurting myself. So long as you’re alive it’s alright.”

“It won’t be alright if you’re gone,” Sanghyuk replied, just as quiet.

“I’m not going to leave you,” Taekwoon assured him, “so long as you’re alive, I’ll be right there to protect you.”

Sanghyuk nodded and the pair fell into a comfortable silence. Taekwoon ran his fingers through Sanghyuk’s hair, enjoying the peace. He wondered if maybe now would be a good time to tell Sanghyuk how he felt, actually vocalize his feelings so Sanghyuk knew without a doubt how much he loved him. In the end, Taekwoon decided to wait. Maybe in the morning, while Sanghyuk was making their breakfast, he could tell him. Taekwoon fell asleep as he imagined coming up behind Sanghyuk while the younger was busy cooking, wrapping his arms around his hips and whispering those important three words into his ear.

“I love you, hyung,” Sanghyuk whispered after he decided that Taekwoon was indeed asleep, “so much. Maybe I’ll be able to tell you that when you’re awake someday.” With that, Sanghyuk fell asleep as well, unaware that ‘someday’ would come much sooner than he thought.

A/N: I’m really happy with this one and I hope you guys are, too. Cute Luck with undertones of darkness is always fun to write.