Theme 117

VIXX 300 Theme Challenge
Title: Convention
Pairing: HyuKen
Related Chapter: none
Word Count: 1153

                     

Jaehwan always enjoyed going to anime conventions. Meeting new people who shared his passion was always something he looked forewords to and getting new merch for the series he followed was pretty awesome too. However, the convention experience he enjoyed the most was when he met a cosplayer calling himself Hyuk.

The first time Jaehwan remembered seeing the younger was when he was dressed up as Sanji from One Piece. Maybe that was why Jaehwan had taken notice of him because he knew for a fact that this hadn’t been the first time they’d attended the same convention. Hyuk was with his friends – N, Leo, Ravi, and Bin – who had joined him in cosplaying different members of the Straw Hat crew. That time, Hyuk had posed for a picture with Jaehwan before both had gone their separate ways, neither giving the other much thought. It wasn’t until Jaehwan was going through all the pictures he had taken that he noticed how handsome Hyuk looked and found himself wishing he’d gotten a chance to talk to the other

Jaehwan didn’t see Hyuk again until the next year, this time dressed up Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist. This time Jaehwan did get a chance to talk to Hyuk. This is when he learned that Hyuk was two years younger, that Bin – who’d dressed as Alphonse that year - was his older brother, and that the group had a deviantart account where they posted pictures of their cosplay activities. Needless to say, Jaehwan made a DA account as soon as he got home and followed them. Hyuk apparently remembered him and the pair started to talk.

The year after that, Jaehwan knew beforehand what Hyuk and his friends were cosplaying and was ready for it.

“Hey,” Hyuk grinned when he noticed Jaehwan dressed up as Mikasa, a perfect match for his Eren cosplay.

“Hi,” Jaehwan grinned, “do I look ok?”

“You look hot,” Bin spoke up, “at least, that’s what Hyukkie said the second he saw you.”

“I think his exact words where “dude, I’d tap that,” N spoke up, clearly teasing Hyuk.

“Um,” Jaehwan looked away, trying to hide his blush, “so, um, I’m not that into Attack on Titan. Who are you all dressed as?”

“Well,” Ravi spoke up, throwing an arm around Hyuk’s shoulder so that the blushing younger couldn’t attack N like he wanted, “Hyuk’s Eren, but he already told you that when he suggested you dress up as Mikasa. I’m Reiner and Leo hyung is Jean. Bin decided to be Armin and N hyung finally decided on Levi. Personally, I think he’d be a better Hange but he wanted to be Levi.”

“I didn’t want to use hair extensions this year,” N pouted, “besides, I was a girl last year.”

“You wanted to Winry,” Leo spoke up, earning laughter from everyone.

Jaehwan spent the whole weekend with Hyuk and his friends and by the time he went home he could consider all of them to be his friends as well. This time, it didn’t take a year before he got to see them all again. N – who’d told him to call him Hakyeon – only lived a few blocks away so they got to see each other pretty often. Leo – real name Taekwoon – actually went to the same college as Jaehwan along with Hakyeon, so they spent a lot of lunches hanging out. Ravi and Bin – Wonsik and Hongbin respectively – would be going to the same college the following fall and Hyuk – Sanghyuk – would be joining them the following year.

As much as he enjoyed seeing Hakyeon, Taekwoon, Wonsik, and Hongbin, Jaehwan was especially looking forewords to seeing Sanghyuk every day. As it stood right then, he only got to see Sanghyuk every other weekend and that was because Sanghyuk was coming to visit his brother. It took the wind out of Jaehwan’s sails a little, but time with Sanghyuk was still time with Sanghyuk and he couldn’t complain.

“Alright,” Hakyeon said after everyone had gathered around his apartment, “it’s time to decide what we’re going to cosplay this year.”

“Maybe we can try game characters this year,” Hongbin spoke up, “you know, try something different.”

“What game are you thinking of?” Wonsik questioned, “I mean, there are a lot of games to pick from.”

“We could do Halo,” Sanghyuk suggested, earning a big ‘no’ from everyone else.

“You are not dressing up as Master Chief,” Hakyeon sighed, “besides, this is an anime convention. Not a gaming convention.” Sanghyuk pouted.

“Didn’t they just put out a new SmashBros?” Taekwoon spoke up.

“That could work,” Hakyeon nodded after a moment, “and we can go as couples. Like, someone can dress up as Mario and someone else as Princess Peach while other people go as Link, Zelda, and…..I don’t know…..Palutena and Pit maybe?”

“Taekwoon hyung would be a good Link,” Sanghyuk suggested, “and I’ll take Pit.”

“I’ll be Mario then,” Wonsik volunteered, earning small groans from three who hadn’t spoken up it time to save themselves from dressing up as women.

Hakyeon was quick to claim the Zelda cosplay, realizing he could dress up as Sheik and still technically be Zelda. Hongbin was just as quick to decide that he would be Peach, not wanting to do a couples cosplay with his brother. This left Jaehwan to be Palutena, but that was fine with him so long as Sanghyuk was Pit. It wasn’t until later he realized just what he’d have to wear to look like Palutena

“Don’t look so embarrassed, hyung,” Sanghyuk spoke up, trying to make sure his own outfit looked and fit right, “you look cute.”

“R-Really?” Jaehwan asked, blushing slightly as Sanghyuk came over and brushed some of his hair out of his face.

“Yeah,” Sanghyuk grinned, “I mean, you always look cute, but you look especially cute now.” Jaehwan didn’t respond with words, he just stood there blushing. He wanted to kiss Sanghyuk right then, but the younger was called away by Hakyeon to help with the elder’s wig.

Jaehwan didn’t get another chance to kiss Sanghyuk until the first night of the convention. The others had gone out to a party, but Sanghyuk had to stay back due to being underage. Jaehwan had volunteered to stay with him, never one to pass up the chance for some alone time with Sanghyuk. The pair settled down with some snacks and a horror movie. While Jaehwan could do without the horror movie, cuddling up with Sanghyuk’s arm around him was worth it.

“Hey,” Sanghyuk smiled when the movie finished, “you made it through the whole thing.”

“Yeah,” Jaehwan breathed a small sigh of relief that the movie was over.

“You deserve a reward for that,” Sanghyuk said before leaning over to kiss Jaehwan on the lips.

Jaehwan paused for a moment before a shy smile appeared on his face. Sanghyuk returned his smile before pulling Jaehwan in for another kiss.

A/N: I’m actually really happy with this one. I hope you are too. As a side note, I’d like to see VIXX dressed up as the characters I mentioned (I think Ravi would make a pretty good Reiner). Plus, I didn’t talk in detail about who was dressed as what One Piece character and Fullmetal Alchemist…..so who do you think would make a good *insert character name here*?