Our Little Forever

Shattered Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People used to believe that you live through many lifetimes in your life. They used to believe that once you die you are reborn again because your soul lives on even if your mind doesn’t. They used to believe that if you have that one person that is made for you, that makes you feel love in so many ways it takes your breath away, your soul will remember and you will find them in the next life. In your next lifetime.

People used to believe there are many lifetimes...But then they stopped.

That however isn’t how it works. Even if you don’t believe it doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen. It just means that you don’t see it when it does.

                                                                                          

An angel looked up at the stars, the brightness of them bringing him peace in an unexplainable way that made him smile.

The world around him was changing fast, the ground beneath his feet not standing still for even a second, as it shifted and molded deep below. Animals were running around and humans just started discovering all their potential.

It made him sad in a way. There wasn’t much for him to do anymore. He was here to guide. To show them the right way. But they were slowly doing all of that on their own and he wasn’t needed so much anymore. He was proud even through the slight sadness though. This was what his kind wated wanted. This is what they are here for. To watch that sparkle in the humans  eyes. That intelligence. To keep them safe. They are still young after all.

A small smile found itself on the angels face as a light breeze rustled his black hair that made him unable do anything other then close his eyes and enjoy it. Enjoy the light breeze on his pale skin and passing through his white feathers as his wings spread as wide as possible. It was extremely relaxing.

“Beautiful don’t you think?” A voice coming right next to him startled the angel out of his thought, his eyes snapping open to look at the figure that seemingly just appeared next to him from thin air.

As he shifted his gaze to the man, it was hard to look away. The tall lean body and fire red hair holding his interest; it is not every day you see someone with red hair after all. It soothed the mysterious man somehow though. And along with the eyes and the smirk that found itself on the man’s lips the second their gazes met told the angel all he had to know.

This was a demon.

He was warned about demons. He was told to be careful around them but for now the demon didn’t do anything suspicious so the angel let him be. He can easily go if something happens but at the moment, looking at the man, he found himself not wanting to.

“Yes it is.” He answered simply, looking back towards the sky. The night was still young and he always did like looking at the sky, somehow he felt less lonely like that.

There was a minute of strangely comfortable silence where neither one of them spoke before the demon broke it, not once looking away from the angel before him. “You are too.”

Not used to hearing something like that the angel felt his cheeks heat up. Not knowing what to do or say he just continued looking up but the demon continued. “I rarely see such beauty as yourself. So I’m sorry if I’m crossing some boundaries, but I can’t help but marvel at what’s before me.”

The heat in his cheeks worsened at hearing that, and he glanced sideways at the demon who was just staring at him with a strange twinkle in his eyes and a smirk still on his lips.

“It is inappropriate to say that to an angel. At least in a way that you do.” He finally spoke knowing from just his eyes what the demon was thinking. He wasn’t oblivious; he knew what demons are like. Predators full of temptations.

The demon smirked even more and stepped closer so he can whisper in his ear, making the angel tense up at the closeness. “I’m only telling the truth baby.” He whispered seductively and the angel couldn’t hide the shiver that ran down his spine as he felt hot breath hit his skin. “What’s your name little angel?”

“Baekhyun; The Guardian.” He didn’t know what possessed him to answer but he did, moving away from the demon none the less. This isn’t a situation that he is supposed to be in. “You?”

“Chanyeol; Lust.” He said in a low voice as he watched the blue eyed angel before him with half lidded eyes.

Hearing that, Baekhyun knew he should run. If this was lust, he has to run now. Lust is the reason why many angels have already fallen. Lust is someone you don’t want to be close to. But he still hesitated for a moment. And that was all Chanyeol needed.

If it was anyone else the angel would have already been on the floor beneath the demon with a hazy mind filled with pleasure. But somehow Chanyeol found this one different so he let him go. He let him take that step backwards. He let him walk away. He let him go this time.

“I’ll see you again Baekhyun.“ The demon said before the angel could go far and it made him stop. “I appreciate beauty when I see it and I don’t intend to let you go. So I’ll see you again. Soon.” And with that he disappeared in black fog and red sparks, leaving the angel looking at the spot where he was just a moment before. Feeling strangely fine with the demons words.

That should have been his first clue. His first warning.

Chanyeol said he will not let his angel go. And neither of them knew how right that will be. How much that one sentence will stick to them in this life and every other. In every universe there is.

                                                                                         

A pale boy stretched and sat up, bright sheets pooling around his waist, leaving his torso exposed. His blue eyes still hazy from sleep and black hair a complete mess.

There was a chuckle from his right. “Well good morning there sleepy head.”

The still sleepy boy glanced towards the source of the voice only to be met by his boyfriends steady gaze as he looked him over with lustful eyes.

“Do you even know how delicious you look every morning Baek?” He asked, pulling said boy towards him and pressing their lips together. The kiss was lazy and sedated at first but soon turned heated as the blue eyed boy slowly awoke fully and started kissing back.

Kisses turned into nips on his pale neck, still marked from last night, but he pushed the other one away before it could get any further. “Chanyeol no. We have to get up.” He said, catching his breath and trying to ignore the others hands as they continued roaming his body, touches lingering at just the right places, making him fight a moan and try and get away from his suddenly very boyfriend.

“Who says?” Brown eyes looked into blue ones in a way that made his cheeks heat up slightly before lips were pressed against his again.

The kiss was gentle this time as they took their time.

“We have nowhere to go Baekhyun. It’s your day off. Let’s just enjoy this rare opportunity.” Chanyeol went for another kiss and Baekhyun could only groan as he let him.

“Rare my . I’m always late because you can’t control yourself.” He complained but still let himself be laid back down with Chanyeol on top of him. No matter how much he complains he never stops him and Chanyeol knows that, he knows that Baekhyun wants this as much as he does and he takes advantage every single time.

Chanyeol chuckled. “You stop being so damn y and I will stop being all over you.” He stopped for a second. “On the other hand maybe not.”

Baekhyun laughed before he was cut off by a moan that the other swallowed up with soft lips on his.

It’s safe to say that they didn’t get up for the next few hours more.

They met years ago during high school. Baekhyun was the shy kid no one talked to and Chanyeol was the one who swore he will have him. Baekhyun couldn’t believe it when he got a confession. He couldn’t believe when he got his phone number and a kiss goodbye. But it didn’t take long before they were dating, to everyone else’s surprise. And after so many years they are still going strong. They both vowed they will not let each other go. Not even knowing that it’s the same line that a demon said to an angel such a long time ago.

                                                                                                   

The room was cramped with chairs, some empty and some occupied. All of the people there quiet and listening to whoever was speaking at the moment whether they felt like it or not. They had no other choice after all.

One boy, no more the nineteen years old, looked uncomfortable and nervous as his time to speak was getting nearer and nearer. He didn’t want to be there. He wouldn’t even be there if his friend didn’t practically drag him. And now he had no way of getting out of it.

His hands were shaking slightly. It has been almost three days since the last time after all. He needed it. But he also knew that there is no way of getting anything while his best friends are always there, watching him like hawks. Making sure he can’t do anything.  He didn’t think he can last long like this. There was no way.

There was a slight nudge onto his arm and he stood up slowly, shoving his shaking hands into his pockets in hopes of making it less obvious. He knew he looked like a wrack anyway though.

“Hi.“ The voice was timid and barely there but it still held an undivided attention of the room. “I’m-I’m Baekhyun. And I’m a drug addict.“

“Hi Baekhyun.” A chorus of voices called back making the blue eyed boy’s cheeks to redden as he quickly sat back down again. His eyes still on the floor, like they were since he first came into the room.

“Good. Now who is next?” The counselor spoke up and the boy sitting right next to Baekhyun stood up.

“Hi, I’m Chanyeol.” The deep voice made Baekhyun look up for the first time, his eyes immediately being met by brown ones before the other boy looked back up towards the rest of the room. His hair was died blood red making him stand out. He was tall and thin and hot. That was all Baekhyun could think of as he saw him. The guy was hot . “And I’m a addict.” As the boy continued his eyes moved towards Baekhyun just for a fraction of a second but it was enough for the blue eyed boy to see a spark of lust and want in them. Making him quickly look away again.

The introductions continued and the more time passed the worse he was feeling. He just wanted to get out. He needs another fix. He can’t anymore. Three days is too long. Way too long.

He knew he didn’t look any better then he felt either. Pale almost to the point where he looked sick, his body all skin and bones by this point and the bags under his eyes practically the size of Australia. And that is without actually seeing his eyes that were once clear blue and now just a ghost of it with redness taking over what once was clear and vibrant.

He doesn’t care though. Doesn’t care how he looked like while sitting there shaking all over and looking like death itself. All he cares about is when he will get the next fix and the fact that he probably won’t. And that was killing him. He can’t live without it. He can’t come back home without being high on something. He can’t sit in front of his father during dinner while he ignores him and pretends that he doesn’t exist. While he pretends he doesn’t have a son. Because if his son’s not straight he would rather not have one. He wants a son who has a girlfriend. Someone who isn’t a ing like he is. Someone who isn’t a disappointment. He can’t be conscious at night to hear his parents fight over him. He can’t stand hearing all the insults thrown his way in his own home. He needs to be high. He needs to forget. , he needs to forget so bad.

Even in his shaken state he could still feel eyes on him throughout the next hour. Somehow he had a feeling he knew who it was, and a quick glance sideways halfway through the tortures hour he saw that he thought right. Brown eyes were solemnly focused on him. Chanyeol ignored the rest of the people around them and just kept staring at him with a smirk. No, staring wasn’t the right word. He was striping him with his eyes. Looking him over with an almost predatory look.

As he saw him looking he winked, not even showing any sign he will stop staring. It made Baekhyun look back at the floor and shift uncomfortably. Having no idea what to do, he just tried ignoring it, focusing instead on how to get out of Luhan’s watchful eyes long enough to sneak out and get something. Anything. He just needs a fix.

People started getting up and he noticed that he spent the whole hour lost in his thoughts instead of paying attention to the group. Oh well it’s not like he planned to anyway.

He got up too and moved to leave. Hoping that maybe his friends aren’t waiting for him outside so he can give them the slip, but of course he is not that lucky. The second he got a glance outside of the door he could see them both.

A groan left him but he knew there was no way out now.

Before he could get out however a hand on his wrist stopped him.

He turned to snap at whoever was touching him only to see a flash of red before foreign lips were on his own in a forceful kiss. Before he could even comprehend what was happening his lips were pried open expertly and the kiss was deepened. Now all tongue and teeth as the other boy to kiss back. And to Baekhyun’s own surprise he found himself doing just that. He couldn’t help it. The kiss felt way too addictive not to. Chanyeol himself felt addictive as he pushed him onto the nearest wall.

As air became a problem Chanyeol pulled back but still didn’t let go as his lips stayed only a hairs away from Baekhyun’s, their breaths mixing together.

“Hmm Even better then I imagined.” Chanyeol mussed out loud with a grin that looked way too predatory then it should have. And it definitely shouldn’t have made Baekhyun want to kiss him again. Taste him all over. “?” He asked like he was asking what his favourite colour was. It made him blush slightly and with that give Chanyeol the answer he was looking for.

A sly smile replaced the previous grin and he hummed, hands moving down Baekhyun’s chest and to the waist of his pants before one finger curled into his belt loop and he pulled their lower half’s together. The new contact made the blue eyed one gasp as he felt the press of the others half hard through the fabric of their jeans. “I think it’s time we change that don’t you.”

“I have to go.” Baekhyun said too weakly, with his eyes focused on the others lips because right now the offer sounds so damn good. If nothing else he definitely seems like a good distractions.

Chanyeols’s eyes were dark with pure lust when he noticed and he his lips painfully slowly.

“Oh yes you do baby. You have to go with me.” He bit Baekhyun’s lower lip teasingly before letting go in a slow drag, pressing even more against the others body. “I even have something for you.”

The second Baekhyun saw the small baggie in Chanyeol's hand his mind went into overdrive. It was so close. Just what he needed and it was so ing close.

The smile Chanyeol sent him then was nothing else but victorious as he tilted his head so he had to look back at him. “You help me and I help you. What do you think?” He asked even as he knew the answer. He knew Baekhyun can’t say no. He knew he had him.

As Baekhyun crashed their lips together then, he couldn’t think rationally. He couldn’t think about anything but the fact that Chanyeol had what he wanted and it was right in front of him. Right out of his reach. But not for long. I help him and he helps me. There is nothing bad with that plan. That sounds like such a perfect plan.

He lost it then. He just let go and gave himself over to Chanyeol without a second though. He wasn’t even able to think straight through his desperation.

They sneaked out without his friends noticing then. His mind a haze of desperation but by that point he didn’t even know a desperation for what. Maybe it was the baggie hidden in Chanyeol’s back pocket. But it could have also been Chanyeol’s lips that he was getting desperate for. His touches and kisses and taste. Because God, Chanyeol is the most addictive person he has ever met.

That night was spent in a haze of kisses and touches and pleasure. It was spent in a small apartment, on a mattress on the floor with moans echoing through the whole room. And later on, in the early hours of the morning, Baekhyun found himself exhausted and somehow content for the first time in his life. However that doesn’t mean he didn’t take the small baggie when it was offered to him with a lazy satisfied smile from Chanyeol. That doesn’t mean he didn’t stumble back home feeling a buzz and in a beautiful high state he has been craving for the past few days.

But even through his hazy and unfocused mind, there was one thing he was very much aware of.

There was a slip of paper in his pants pocket.

A slip of paper with a phone number written on it.

                                                                                                

The wind was howling. Wanting to say something. Wanting to be heard. Speaking to the trees in its own language. It was loud and messy and absolutely beautiful.

His father often said that everything on the earth and above has its own voice and wants to be heard. Everything and everyone likes to be heard. Likes to be remembered. The bears, and the grass, and the leafs; he would say. The frogs, and the wind, and the sea. Everything has a voice. Everything has the right to use it. Everything no matter how little or useless it seems has a purpose in this life. A voice and a story to tell. They just need someone to listen. Listen close enough to hear.

Baekhyun found out rather quickly that listening and hearing isn’t the same. One can always listen but not always hear. One can always hear but not always listen. You can hear whatever you want but that doesn’t mean that that is what is being said.

Baekhyun liked to listen. He liked to listen to the stories around him. The stories of the trees, and the wind. The stories of the people that haven’t even started seeing just how much potential there is in them or in what is surrounding them. He just liked to listen. There is always something being said. Nothing is meaningless if you just try and listen. Everything had its beauty, its sound and its story.

So he listened, and wondered, and stayed.

Even as other angels kept moving around, kept doing things, building their own stories, leaving their own marks, he stayed. He stayed and listened because he didn’t feel the need to leave a mark in a world that has so many voices, so many stories you can hear if you just listen.

Grass rustled next to him but he didn’t even flinch. Another body sat next to him and he didn’t even need to open his eyes to know who it is. He has been waiting after all. Waiting and listening.

“I’ve been watching you.” The demons voice reached his ears and somehow it sounded softer then he remembered.

The angel still didn’t open his eyes but replied to the others words anyway. “I know.”

“And you have nothing against a demon stalking you?” Said demon asked in a teasing manner that didn’t require an answer, lips quirking into a smirk.

“You have the right to do whatever you want. I am just here to listen.” Baekhyun said simply, opening his eyes for the first time and looking sideways at the demon next to him.

“And what if I want to devour you whole and make you feel pleasure like never before. Make you scream my name in mindless, blind pleasure as you forget your own?” There was definitely a smirk on his lips now.

The angel blushed deeply red and diverted his eyes, looking down at the grass stretching in front of him rather than at the demon of lust next to him. “That is your business, not mine.” He said quietly, feeling uncomfortable but still staying sat down.

“Aww but baby I want to make it yours.” The demon of lush said seductively, but didn’t use any of his powers on the angel. Didn’t even try.

The angel’s blush only deepened on the baby part.

“Why are you doing this?” He asked slowly after a minute of silence between the two. Not understanding why the demon is so concentrated on him and knowing full well that if the demon really wanted to he could have him doing whatever he desired in a matter of seconds. But for some reason not one spark of his power was being used on him. It was leaving him relived but confused.

“I want you. I want to make you mine.” Chanyeol answered without a second of hesitation and the words made Baekhyun’s breath hitch.

It is one thing to have someone want you. Lust over you. But a completely other to have them want to make you theirs. It is not the same. It doesn’t mean the same. It isn’t worth the same. And it took the angel by surprise.

“Why?” He managed to choke out after some time. “Why would you ever want that? I am no one.”

“You are beautiful, and fascinating, and innocent in the most important way.” The demon said, eyes not moving from the others blue ones that were on him again. “And I will make you mine. No matter how long it takes.”

Chanyeol smiled at him then. Not a smirk, or a sly smile, but a genuine one. A first smile he showed anyone in so long. And with that he was gone. Disappearing in black smoke and red sparks, leaving the angel sitting there with wide eyes and a heart that was beating faster than usual.

                                                                                         

It started with a simple hello.

As many friendships do. Just a school loner saying hi to the new kid. Not even knowing how much it meant to the other because that was the first time anyone was polite to him since he started attending there. Just like that there was a smile. And a friendship was born.

They were young then. Barely nine. But they became inseparable.

Years passed quickly, one second they were playing in the park and the next there were parties and beer and . Well for Chanyeol anyway. Baekhyun was still the loner he always was. Keeping to the side and staying invisible.

However the two were still best friends. Still inseparable even as Baekhyun developed feelings for the other that weren’t as platonic as they should have been. Even as he was pinning after his best friend, he did it in silence. No one knew. No one had to know.

When Canyeol had his heart broken Baekhyun was always there. Always picking up the broken pieces. Always making it better. And when everything started going downhill with Baekhyun, Chanyeol was the first to notice. Chanyeol was the one who cleaned the cuts and made threats even as Baekhyun kept saying it was fine. He was fine. He was the one who yelled at Baekhyun’s dad when he got kicked out of the house after weeks of arguing and disgusted stares because his dad can’t accept the fact that his son doesn’t like girls. Chanyeol was the one who gave him a roof over his head for the rest of high school.  And when they started collage Baekhyun repaid him by finding an apartment they can share.

Chanyeol never knew about Baekhyun’s feelings towards him. He never even thought it was possible but Baekhyun liked it like that. He didn’t want to ruin their friendship after all. They were good like this. He was fine even as Chanyeol kept bringing people home almost every night. He was fine.

The first time it happened was a year after they moved into their small apartment.

Chanyeol was drunk and heartbroken once again. But this time he didn’t bring anyone home. This time he was slightly more drunk than usual. This time it was Baekhyun who he pressed against the wall and kissed forcefully. It was Baekhyun whom he striped and ed into his mattress. This time it was Baekhyun. And Baekyhun let him.

The next morning when he came to he apologized again and again and again to his best friend, promising it will never happen again. And even as Baekhyun kept saying that it was fine, that he was fine he still kept apologizing. Promising again and again that it will never happen again.

But it did. It happened again, and again, and again.

Every time he was drunk out of his mind he turned to Baekhyun. He used Baekhyun. And he was never turned away. Baekhyun never said the word ‘No’. He never turned him down.

Chanyeol kept apologizing and Baekhyun kept saying he was fine. It was fine. He was always fine. Even as he started cutting again. Even as he was torn apart piece by piece he was fine. Always fine. He was fine.

Chanyeol didn’t notice how much he was breaking Baekhyun. He didn’t notice how much he has been breaking him slowly for months and years. Every new person in their small apartment. Every foreign moan from yet another one of Chanyeol’s partners that echoed through the apartment and passed through thin walls killed him piece by little piece. But Baekhyun still kept saying he was fine. He kept repeating the word fine even as it lost its meaning. Even as his own eyes became dull, and lifeless, and broken he kept telling Chanyeol it was fine. He was fine.

And Chanyeol kept noticing less and less. He didn’t notice when blood covered Baekhyun’s clothes. He didn’t notice when the eyes of his best friend dulled and died out. He didn’t notice. He stopped noticing as he held onto Baekhyun’s words that he is fine. Baekhyun is fine. He will be fine.

Days passed like this. Weeks, months. They passed in the haze of drunken nights and apologies and I’m fine’s. But then it was too much.

It was all too much.

Chanyeol got home to a carpet painted red and his best friend dead.

He didn’t know Baekhyun started cutting again. He didn’t know how hard he fell. How suffocating he felt. But it all hit him then. As tears hazed his gaze and his own heart stopped, it hit him how little he noticed. It hit him how much Baekhyun was suffering in silence and it left him shaking. It left him breaking.

He barely managed to call someone. And when he did he was already covered in blood. It was hard to breathe. Suddenly it was hard to do anything.

It took him weeks after to be able to step foot into the apartment. He hasn’t slept properly in forever but at least he could breathe without his whole body hurting. He could stand on his own two feet. But it wasn’t the same anymore. Without Baekhyun it just wasn’t. Without Baekhyun he couldn’t imagine living. He can’t imagine the world without Baekhyun but now suddenly he has to live in it. It wasn’t fair. It wasn’t normal. It wasn’t right. It didn’t feel real. Nothing felt real anymore.

There was a note on the coffee table. A note he didn’t notice before. A folded piece of paper covered in blood.

He opened it slowly. Fearing what he will see and tears already in his eyes.

There were only two words written down and they made his breath hitch and heart hurt. It made him break in every way possible as his legs couldn’t hold him up anymore and he fell to the floor.

Only two words and it was hard to breathe again.

I’m fine.

He thought he knew heartbreak but it was never like this. It had nothing on this. This was heartbreak. This was dying. And worse than anything, Baekhyun wasn’t there to fix it. Baekhyun wasn’t there to make it better. Baekhyun will never be there to make it better again.

That was when it all finally clicked and it made everything so much worse. So much more painful. He loved Baekhyun. He always loved Baekhyun but was too afraid to see it. But now he did. He remembered all the years; all the wasted time he will never get back. All the time waiting for him he will never have with Baekhyun. All the time Baekhyun will never have.

In this lifetime Chanyeol made a bad decision. He chose to not see what was in front of him. He was blind and he suffered for it for the rest of his life.

This was a lifetime in which he kept wondering ‘What if’.

A lifetime of regrets.

                                                                                                 

The sun was low. Sunset waiting to be born. The sun’s rays lighting up everything in its path. That included an angel sleeping in the middle of a field. Pale skin and closed eyelids getting more color as he peacefully slept. Wings spread wide and raven colored hair sticking in every direction.

The demon watching from the shelter of trees felt fondness and endearment for the first time in his long life. He felt things he never did before. The warmth of affection and not lust cursing through his whole body.

It never happened before. Not for anyone ever. Not from him. Demons don’t feel affection. Demons don’t fall in love. Demons of lust don’t let their victims free without a scratch. Demons of lust don’t feel fondness or love.

But the angel is different; Chanyeol thought as he kept watching his own little angel with so many new feelings inside of him that he felt like he is going to melt any moment now. He is special.

                                                                                             

The day was cold. Well at least it looked like it was from where Baekhyun was standing by the window, looking outside. The wind was blowing, making tree branches to swing with it, ripping leafs off and taking peoples hats with it too. It wasn’t the kind of weather that you would want to be outside for.

It was like this for days now though. Maybe even weeks. The blue eyed boy couldn’t even remember when was the last time he was outside. Not like he wants to go outside anyway. It’s safe like this. It’s safe in the loft. He’s safe.

Two arms found themselves around his middle without any warning and his back was pressed against lean chest that he couldn’t help but relax into.

“You really need to stop that Baek.” A still sleep laced deep voice whispered right into his ear. Warm breath puffing against his neck making Baekhyun shiver as he leaned into the embrace.

“I’m just looking outside.” He replied, rubbing his forearm absentmindedly. It has been kind of stinging since he woke up.

“Mmhmm” Chanyeol hummed, leaving lazy kisses down the back of his neck and towards the shoulder. “Just come back to bed love. Watching the bad weather won’t make it get better. Do you want to get away from me that bad?” His voice was teasing but there was still a serious undertone underneath. Like he is really scared Baekhyun would want that.

And that just must be the silliest thing ever because he would never want that. “I’m here aren’t I? I would never want to leave you.”

“Good.” There was a smile back on his lips again. Baekhyun could practically hear it in his voice. “Because I love you too much to just let you go.”

The other smiled, turning around to kiss the soft lips in front of him. Every kiss they share still manages to take his breath away even after so many years. “I love you too.”

“So what do you say about a shower?” There was a glint in his eyes that Baekhyun knew all too well. He didn’t think he ever agreed to something so fast.

Later on after a really really long shower the blue eyed boy was back at the window. Only this time it was their bedroom window. The rain was falling hard but he could see the sun peeking out from under the clouds, indicating that maybe the weather will turn good again soon.

“Do you want to go out today love?” Came a sad voice from the bed where Chanyeol was stretched out on, eyes on him.

He asked that every day. No matter how much it pained him he still asked and just like every day the other sighed before looking at him with a smile. “No. Never. I’m happy here. I’m happy with you.” Baekhyun was straddling his hips by that point. Away from the window. But not before he saw the sun disappear completely again. And with that any chances of a better weather too.

But that’s okay. He doesn’t need better weather. He desn’t need to go out. He’s happy here. He’s safe here. Here with Chanyeol.

“Sleep Baekhyun. You seem tired again. I’ll still be here when you wake up.”

...

The walls were bare white. There were bloody scratch marks here and there though. Some fresh and some not.

His groggy mind could barely comprehend that much before blue eyes closed again.

There were tubes going out of his arm too. Keeping him alive and breathing, pumping him with pills to keep him sane probably.

He doesn’t  want to be sane though.

They said that this is real. That he’s in a hospital. That he has gone crazy.

But he knows that’s not true. Chanyeol isn’t there. He promised that he will always be there when he woke up but he never is here. So this can’t be real. This is just a dream. Just a bad dream and when he finally wakes up Chanyeol will be there just like he promised. He is always there.

Hoping that he will wake up sooner Baekhyun closed his eyes and kept pinching his forearm until it bled. But that’s okay. This isn’t real anyway.

It took hours maybe but the blood loss finally managed to make him drift away from this false reality. From this hell.

Blue eyes fluttered open slowly.

“Good morning love.” Chanyeol’s smile was the first thing he saw before he ducked down and pressed his lips to Baekhyun’s in a slow and sweet morning kiss.

“Morning.” Outside the clouds were gray and rain was falling relentlessly, followed by thunder. But still there was a smile on Baekhyun’s lips because Chanyeol is here. Just like he promised he will be.

                                                                                       

“Why do you always come?” The blue eyed angel asked the demon sitting next to him.

The demon has been coming to see him, and just sat with him every single day for some time now. Always just sitting there in silence. Never saying a word. The angel was beginning to get curious and couldn’t keep quiet anymore.

“Even demons get lonely you know.” Chanyeol answered, shocking Baekhyun who didn’t know what to say to that. The demon looked sideways towards him and chuckled at the others expression. “Don’t look so shocked. Plus you fascinate me.”

“Why?” Baekyhun finally found his voice again. Feeling a little more relaxed now that they were actually talking, so much so that he ended up lying dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter